• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeD.nL

F you freeze mage

6oZp1Xv.jpg

except my pc could not handle the awesomeness happening on screen and decided to crap out a few turns after the screen was taken -.-'

He's really that good despite half the classes not even having weapons?

Even when you don't have a weapon to break, he's still a decent body for the cost. From that list, I would cut Thalnos and Ysera. I would go with either Troggzor or Harrison. I actually crafted both of those recently myself. I've gotten more use out of Harrison so far. I've had Sneed's for a while, and I just haven't gotten much use out of it. He's pretty slow and I'm not a fan of the RNG.

Levi

Banned
Best bm from playing all day yesterday, I had lethal against a warlock with 3hp, warlock wasn't making any moves on his turn, leading me to think he was doing that "I'm going to lose but I'm waiting for the rope before I concede" crap people pull. Nope, rope came and then Lord Jaraxxus and then coin and then an Infernal. I lost that one.

Worst bm goes to the idiot mech mage who emoted "sorry" after all their moves and "thank you" after all mine. So I waited for the rope every turn and beat them on turn 9, at the rope, after spending my whole turn emoting "greetings" before putting them out of their misery. Childish but effective.

Oddest was the Shaman who was pretending to be a bot (waiting for rope before even mousing over a card) for the first 3 turns before playing normally afterwards. Maybe trying for a concession?

Edit: shaman and warlock are the two classes I don't even have up to 10 yet, I get them mixed up. :D

ViviOggi

Best bm from playing all day yesterday, I had lethal against a Shaman with 3hp, Shaman wasn't making any moves on his turn, leading me to think he was doing that "I'm going to lose but I'm waiting for the rope before I concede" crap people pull. Nope, rope came and then Lord Jaraxxus and then coin and then an Infernal. I lost that one.

That's an 11/10 bm especially with the Jaraxxus play as Shaman

How can you even expect that

What a god

Speaking of Priest, could use a hand tweaking this if anyone has any ideas;

Basically it's this deck but modified for Gazlowe. I'd say it's not too radically different, but it might just be enough to make it not work too right. I'd say it works rather decently but the biggest issue is running into other Control, especially Handlock. Makes me want to run Light Bomb but no idea what to take out for it. I'll probably just have to fiddle around with it as things change. Best part though is when people exhaust themselves and I use Gazlow to refill my hand / board. I think one of the best cards to get is Cobalt Guardian since you usually get more Mechs to keep him alive.

Things I'm think about is dropping Mind Control for another power card to eat some removal, but the idea is that the MC'd minion would do that for me. I kind of feel like I want to trade out Dark Cultist and Shredders for other stuff, but they're probably too integral to the deck since they help you keep a board presence.

I'm not sure about anything, just have to keep messing around.

I'd swap out the shadowboxers with mechwarpers, they fill in almost the exact same slot (2 mana 2/3 mech), but I think their ability is much more useful in mech decks, especially if you add gazlowe. I'm not even quite sure why the original deck uses shadowboxers, they're not that great and the deckbuilder doesn't seem to be aiming to make heavy use of their ability:

Don't worry about trying to get value off the Shadowboxers ability, the fact that it's a 2/3 mech for 2mana is value enough.

EDIT: Nevermind, the original deck runs shadowboxers in addition to mechwarpers, which makes sense.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
He's really that good despite half the classes not even having weapons?

He's kind of like what flare used to be, but for weapons. A 5/4 for 5 mana isn't great, but the incredible swing you get against a weapon class is so strong that its fine. He's more useful than Loatheb in the current meta imo.

johnsmith

remember me
With less hunter and control warrior in the meta Harrison isn't as good as he was a few weeks ago, but he's still really good. Trades with loatheb and Sylvanas and ancient of lore, kills the front body of a sludge belcher and lives. The light's justice card draw is amazing too.

Cat Party

Worst bm goes to the idiot mech mage who emoted "sorry" after all their moves and "thank you" after all mine. So I waited for the rope every turn and beat them on turn 9, at the rope, after spending my whole turn emoting "greetings" before putting them out of their misery. Childish but effective.

I'm pretty sure I played that person, too. I lost, though.

Yeah its pretty hard to get shadowboxer rolling (not worth going out of your way to achieve), but when he does its pretty insane.

Had a late game board of 2x boxers and 2x cleric against a pally. Chaos reigned.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I made a deck up and some guy is bitching at me for Netdecking. I'm guessing Mech Shaman has already been done?

With less hunter and control warrior in the meta Harrison isn't as good as he was a few weeks ago, but he's still really good. Trades with loatheb and Sylvanas and ancient of lore, kills the front body of a sludge belcher and lives. The light's justice card draw is amazing too.

There are tons of Paladins around now. I broke a few Ash Bringers yesterday pretty much sealing the win. And most Rogue decks are running Sharpsword Oil. If you can break just one buffed weapon (especially an Assassin's Blade) then you've probably already won the match.

Szadek

Today I'm just way too lucky.
It's only matter of time till the inevitable losing streak is going to start.

I'm currently at rank 13 with my shaman and haven't lost 1 game against mech mage this month.

Majine

Banned
Currently contemplating what legendary (for general purposes) I will go for next with my dust. What you think, GAF?

Have:

Baron Rivendare
Dr. Boom
ETC
Feugen
Gazlowe
Kel'thuzad
Loatheb
Lord Jaraxxus
Maexxna
Malorne
Mekgineer Thermaplugg
Old Murkeye
Stalagg
Toshley
Vol'jin
Ysera

Thinking of:

Alextrasza
Ragnaros
Sneed's Old Shredder
Sylvanas
The Black Knight

inky

Currently contemplating what legendary (for general purposes) I will go for next with my dust. What you think, GAF?

Have:

Baron Rivendare
Dr. Boom
ETC
Feugen
Gazlowe
Kel'thuzad
Loatheb
Lord Jaraxxus
Maexxna
Malorne
Mekgineer Thermaplugg
Old Murkeye
Stalagg
Toshley
Vol'jin
Ysera

Sylvanas, easily.

Malygos if you like fun.

johnsmith

remember me
Ragnaros is the most overrated legendary. Everybody says it's a top craft but it's not really even used that much. Control warrior is the only list that always runs it. He's optional everywhere else. I've barely even used mine since I crafted him months ago.

Tacitus_

Sylvanas is nice for plenty of decks, but I personally find Black Knight to be godly. Nothing feels better than crushing a big taunt.

Miletius

Rage. Just faced an arena mage that knocked me out 7-3 with 2 blizzards, 2 flamestikes, frostbolts, fireballs, 2 polys for my large dudes.

Grats on 12 wins, I guess asshole.

Ragnaros is the most overrated legendary. Everybody says it's a top craft but it's not really even used that much. Control warrior is the only list that always runs it. He's optional everywhere else. I've barely even used mine since I crafted him months ago.

I agree. I crafted Rag a while back, and he's just not that useful in most decks. You have to be ahead for him to be any good, otherwise, his RNG can just fuck you over. Expensive Legendaries are supposed to do something on the turn that they're played, but Rag is often just spend 8 mana, remove a Leper Gnome. Every time I play him on a board with a ton of minions, I'm screaming at him to hit some critical target, and he's just like, "Fuck you, Silver Hand Recruit!"

Insaniac

WOW. Vitality Totem from Shredder for the clutch come back against control warrior!

Started coming back, and had BGH + 2 Hexes in hand for any threats he might've had. He topdecked a death's bite the next turn, but thanks to the Vitality totem i was back up to 7 health.

That's an 11/10 bm especially with the Jaraxxus play as Shaman

How can you even expect that

What a god

I was trying to figure out how the hell that would happen. I see now he meant Warlock. All I could think of those was Sneed's --> Lord J --> Panda --> play Lord J from hand... but even then the opponent would see it coming.

inky

Where do you run Malygos? I've had some fun with Moonfire/Swipe on Druid, but that requires some pretty lucky draws.

Spell Druid too. I don't think the deck is that inconsistent, but I don't rely solely on Malygos anymore (I did when Auctioneer was useful). I've tried Spell Shaman too, but obviously the card is too slow to get the best combos. Most people run it with Rogue, but it's not common anymore.

But hey, that's why I said fun. It's probably not a deck you want to get Legend with.

ZealousD

I agree. I crafted Rag a while back, and he's just not that useful in most decks. You have to be ahead for him to be any good, otherwise, his RNG can just fuck you over. Expensive Legendaries are supposed to do something on the turn that they're played, but Rag is often just spend 8 mana, remove a Leper Gnome. Every time I play him on a board with a ton of minions, I'm screaming at him to hit some critical target, and he's just like, "Fuck you, Silver Hand Recruit!"

He's bad against aggro but good against midrange (excluding paladin) or control. Really threatening against Handlock, for instance. If he can kill a creature that's the least bit beefy that's a solid 2 for 1 unless he gets BGHed. The fact that everybody is running BGH right now limits his use, though.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Best bm from playing all day yesterday, I had lethal against a warlock with 3hp, warlock wasn't making any moves on his turn, leading me to think he was doing that "I'm going to lose but I'm waiting for the rope before I concede" crap people pull. Nope, rope came and then Lord Jaraxxus and then coin and then an Infernal. I lost that one.

Oddest was the Shaman who was pretending to be a bot (waiting for rope before even mousing over a card) for the first 3 turns before playing normally afterwards. Maybe trying for a concession?

Edit: shaman and warlock are the two classes I don't even have up to 10 yet, I get them mixed up. :D

Real talk: the sheer number of assholes playing this game has me just quitting instead of conceding now.

ZealousD

The worst is a thing I see in arena sometimes. You are near death and you know your opponent can topdeck potential lethal. So they say "well played" and then hover over the card or point it at your face or something, but they never actually play it. Like they have diddly squat but they try to trick you into thinking they have lethal.

And then you taunt them and they put down their voodoo doctor or haunted creeper or whatever.

That's why you never concede until you actually see them playing out lethal.

JoeMartin

Real talk: the sheer number of assholes playing this game has me just quitting instead of conceding now.

If people emoting bothers you, then squelch. I make a habit of passing a greetings then immediately squelching. Emotes add nothing for me; I'm only roping if I have something to genuinely consider and don't need the distraction of the other players' impatience - if there were an option to default emotes off I would. If I really have anything to say or ask I'll friend after the fact.

Ego poisons the mind and instills a misplaced sense of entitlement to cards/RNG that will only stifle your creativity and limit your judgement. I find more pleasure in my victories and more lessons from my defeats when I play with magnanimity. Real talk.

The worst is a thing I see in arena sometimes. You are near death and you know your opponent can topdeck potential lethal. So they say "well played" and then hover over the card or point it at your face or something, but they never actually play it. Like they have diddly squat but they try to trick you into thinking they have lethal.

And then you taunt them and they put down their voodoo doctor or haunted creeper or whatever.

That's why you never concede until you actually see them playing out lethal.

That worked for me once actually, the "Well played" and hover bluff. I have only used it about 4 times in my thousands of HS matches, so I only pull it out when I feel the match has played out in a way that it'll work, but yeah.

Also, you especially never concede against a Mage if they have only 1-2 HP. You never know if they'll pull a Flame Leviathan.

Celegus

Spell Druid too. I don't think the deck is that inconsistent, but I don't rely solely on Malygos anymore (I did when Auctioneer was useful). I've tried Spell Shaman too, but obviously the card is too slow to get the best combos. Most people run it with Rogue, but it's not common anymore.

But hey, that's why I said fun. It's probably not a deck you want to get Legend with.

I think the prime example of a Malygod deck is the rogue one.

I'll have to look into that, Rogue is probably my favorite class. And I only play for fun, could care less about legend rank. The more wacky the deck, the more I'm into it.

Just casted Eviscerate on a minion who popped from a Shredder as it was in the air, made me miss lethal. I think I've seen that happen in the video, just can't play too fast I suppose.

Dreavus

I've seen it where someone accidentally casts a spell like Swipe on himself because hero portrait flies over and whacks the other guy for a split second. Jettisoned pilots is something new to me though!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
People need to learn from Strifecro and only make a move once the rope shows up.

Sometimes you want to be doubly certain so you bring an extra rope to burn.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Guys, convince me to not craft gazlow.

I have Gazlowe. Threw it in my deathrattle/mech priest and took it into a game.

I promptly lost without ever drawing Gazlowe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom