• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to realise why so many people love Sylvanas.

Turn 7 against a priest with Auchenai Soulpriest and a 3/8 acolyte of pain on his side of the board and , Sylvanas on mine, he just goes face rather than proc Sylvanas' deathrattle.

It looks like I'm about to get beaten down until I realise I can use Fire Elementals battlecry on Sylvanas to make her 5/2 , suicide against the Soulpriest. Thus taking the Acolyte, killing his Soulpriest and having 6/5 fire elemental all in once turn.

"Your opponent left" not long after

I had a pretty good Sylvanas exchange yesterday against a Demonlock. He had a Voidcaller so I played Sylvanas expecting him to trade the Voidcaller and probably a spell (Dark Bomb) and hopefully steal whatever demon he pulls in with the deathrattle. Instead, he plays his own Sylvanas, clears the rest of my board and then plays Power Overwhelming on his Sylvanas, stealing my Sylvanas. So I Aldor his (my stolen) Sylvanas and leave it for the time being. He eventually winds up with a the stolen Sylvanas as a 1/1, some imps, and Ragnaros. All I have is a Zombie Chow. So I hit Sylvanas forcing her to steal the Zombie Chow and then play Equality + Consecration to clear his board and get back 5 health.

iirate

Reaver isn't trash, so I believe it's possible that Fel Reaver will fit into the meta at some point, but it is definitely bad in this meta. I'd love to see someone try to stick a Reaver vs. rogue right now.

Szadek

Well, is either of them still playing it? Because that Kibler article is from mid-December.

In flood decks Sea Giant is basically Fel Reaver without the drawbacks, and in others you wouldn't run either.
With BGH's in everything it's not worth it.

Anyway,I tested Lava burst in my Shaman deck.It's much better than I thought it would be.

G.ZZZ

Fel Reaver would be insane as a 4 mana 6/8 or even 6/6. But 7+ power right now it's just unplayable unless you're Dr. Balanced.

Szadek

Fel Reaver would be insane as a 4 mana 6/8 or even 6/6. But 7+ power right now it's just unplayable unless you're Dr. Balanced.
Or Neptulon.
Also all the huge monsters in warrior and handlock.

Alright,got 1600 dust,not sure what to craft next.
All the (worthwhile) legendaries I still need:

Tirion
Baron Geddon
Troggzor
Sneed's Old Shredder
Foe Reaper
Mogor the ogre

Tirion is probably the best,but I don't play paladin.
The last 2 aren't that important to me,but still would like to test them.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe you could run Fel Reaver in a deck with several other BGH targets (like say, another Fel Reaver), and then combo it with silence. Maybe too unreliable though, but it could work in some weird ramp druid decks I think.

G.ZZZ

Or Neptulon.

Tirion
Baron Geddon
Troggzor
Sneed's Old Shredder
Foe Reaper
Mogor the ogre

Handlock play like 5+ 7 power cards so it actually don't care that much about BGH because it's just another removal. Then you get Alex which isn't played for the Body, and Boom that is good even if removed by BGH.

Stoze

I get the upside, but throwing away 10% of your deck every time a card gets played just terrifies me. I'm even hesitant to pick up Reaver in arena, but I should probably buck up and choose it there especially if the draft hasn't been kind up until that point.

Mirimar

Wow, getting really lucky on my F2P EU account. 3 legendaries from 5 packs in 1 week. Got Sylvanis, Lord Juraxxus, and now Alexstrasza!

I find it amazing that I almost have control warrior completed on this account, lol. Here's hoping for more this week!

x9NPUMu.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Its crazy how one card (BGH) changes the value of tons of other cards.

I think BGH is one of the most important cards in the game. Without it I think decks would easily get super greedy and Handlock would be way too strong. Its a little too easy to summon strong cards in the late turns in Hearthstone so you have to add more risk/return at that level.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is there a decent paladin deck I could make without equality/peacekeeper? Tirion was the first legendary I ever got but I haven't been able to put him to proper use aside from some super gimmick deathrattle deck that doesn't work too well post-undertaker nerf.

I have the other cards for the class aside from any of those.

ViviOggi

Is there a decent paladin deck I could make without equality/peacekeeper? Tirion was the first legendary I ever got but I haven't been able to put him to proper use aside from some super gimmick deathrattle deck that doesn't work too well post-undertaker nerf.

I have the other cards for the class aside from any of those.
Aldor and at least one Equality are crucial in any decent Paladin variant. They're just rares though, 300 dust shouldn't be too hard to come by.

egruntz

shelaughz
Or Neptulon.

Tirion
Baron Geddon
Troggzor
Sneed's Old Shredder
Foe Reaper
Mogor the ogre

Troggzor or Geddon. Definitely.

ZealousD

If you're druid, going first, and mulligan innervate and wild growth, should you play both on turn one?

Using innervate like a coin is generally a bad idea. Its also a bad idea here because you only want to coin out wild growth if you have a 3 drop like shade. And if you have innervate+shade, you could just drop the shade and use wild growth next turn.

mxgt

Banned
Playing an anti-aggro priest deck and all I get is paladin and druid

Switch to another deck, suddenly mech mage and face hunter. I hate this game

Stoze

I think BGH is one of the most important cards in the game. Without it I think decks would easily get super greedy and Handlock would be way too strong. Its a little too easy to summon strong cards in the late turns in Hearthstone so you have to add more risk/return at that level.

Cards like BGH and MCT seem like Blizzard's way of putting stong neutral spells into the game, i.e. putting big effects on minions that are easily removable and that everyone can use. Shadow Word:Death and BGH costing the same mana kinda reinforces that design.

I wonder if Blizz will ever put in neutral spells, or legendary spells.

Dreavus

I'm not one for bashing my head against ranked mode all that often, but what do you guys think the chances are of having 2 out of 3s with some kind of card substitution in between in the future (maybe a separate mode)? Would it throw the new player experience out the window too much? All this BGH talk had me thinking about it.

It just seems a bit crazy to me in a game with very specific card counters built in to have no sideboard option at all. You just have to put those cards in on the off chance you face whatever it is they are effective against. BGH, the minion that steals secrets, and even MCT are all examples of this type of card. You're almost hoping people are netdecking so you're able to correctly make use of the counter card that beats it. Blizzard seems to shy away from such a thing even in the official tournaments and opts for the "bring 3 decks" style instead.

Brofist

Playing an anti-aggro priest deck and all I get is paladin and druid

Switch to another deck, suddenly mech mage and face hunter. I hate this game

Same here. I netdecked that anti mech mage Warlock deck thats floating around last night. Did not play one mech mage. Fortunately the deck actually does well against some control type decks too.

I'm not one for bashing my head against ranked mode all that often, but what do you guys think the chances are of having 2 out of 3s with some kind of card substitution in between in the future (maybe a separate mode)? Would it throw the new player experience out the window too much? All this BGH talk had me thinking about it.

It just seems a bit crazy to me in a game with very specific card counters built in to have no sideboard option at all. You just have to put those cards in on the off chance you face whatever it is they are effective against. BGH, the minion that steals secrets, and even MCT are all examples of this type of card. You're almost hoping people are netdecking so you're able to correctly make use of the counter card that beats it. Blizzard seems to shy away from such a thing even in the official tournaments and opts for the "bring 3 decks" style instead.

There is so much potential for a better ranked experience, but we'll never get anything outside of the bare bones get 1 star when you win which promotes aggro play and fast games.

Magnus

I've been super fortunate to wind up with both Jaraxxus and Tirion from packs over the weekend. I'd like to explore warlock and paladin as a result. I've attained some great paladin cards over the past year for starters just from packs - Avenging Wraths, Equalities, Musters, etc. any other major critical ones?
And for the lock, I imagine it's gotta be Giants and the minions that both side-buff taunt (Sunfury and the other one)

ViviOggi

I doubt there'll ever be a sideboard. But yeah just a bo3 mode would make a ton of sense but I don't see them significantly improving the ranked experience anytime soon, doesn't seem like their priority while the game is still growing so fast.

New players get angry about netdecks and legendaries, an optional advanced mode wouldn't affect them in any way whatsoever. Rather it'd even trim regular ranked by giving mid to high tier players something else to do. Throw in some nice rewards and it'll keep some idiots from farming golden heroes at 20 as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Best of 3 control warrior vs fatigue mage kill me now.

ZealousD

I've been super fortunate to wind up with both Jaraxxus and Tirion from packs over the weekend. I'd like to explore warlock and paladin as a result. I've attained some great paladin cards over the past year for starters just from packs - Avenging Wraths, Equalities, Musters, etc. any other major critical ones?

On Paladin, when it comes to epics, you should have at least 1x of Lay on Hands and Quartermaster for sure. Coghammer is a nice-to-have. For rares, Equality, Muster for Battle, and Aldor Peacekeeper are absolute must have 2x's. Many of the mid-range decks can get away with 1x equality but 2x is needed for control. Only common you really need is shielded minibot.

Papercuts

Aldor and at least one Equality are crucial in any decent Paladin variant. They're just rares though, 300 dust shouldn't be too hard to come by.

Yeah, I figured. Only have ~200 dust so I'll need to save up a bit but a few arena runs should get me there with gvg duplicates.

Oh, I don't have quartermaster either. Damn. Though I would guess people deal with Muster regardless just for the potential threat.

Triz

Pulled a standard neptulon from my glorious 0-3 arena run. Was able to dust my gold one now that I had a replacement. Crafted a bling tron cause I like the "fun" legendaries.

johnsmith

remember me
Arena is too damn hard now. The skill of everybody I'm playing is way beyond what it was even a month ago, and everybody has better decks. I should probably stop playing it until the next expansion comes out, because it seems that the casual players have given up on it.

Dahbomb

Arena is too damn hard now. The skill of everybody I'm playing is way beyond what it was even a month ago, and everybody has better decks. I should probably stop playing it until the next expansion comes out, because it seems that the casual players have given up on it.
It's mostly that even bad people use other sites to draft for them. Before at early ranks you would run into people running Goldshire Footman and other crap cards... now every has decent to good decks. So even if they are bad, if their deck is better than yours they will steam roll you. And yeah the casuals are slowly starting to lose interest in Arena.

One thing that helped me get back into arena mode after not having played it for months was just playing on EU and not really caring about the results since I hardly play on EU and when I do it is usually all basic decks. I did a few arena runs there, got my mind set to value, figured out a couple things different since the gvg draft (more low picks tempt you into too low a curve), and had upped my winrate substantially and got 3x 12 wins in a row, something I never did before.

I still kinda find arena borderline mind numbing when done too much, so I haven't done much arena since.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Iron Forge Riffle is a really crappy card, god damn. I got a somewhat poor arena draft and got stuck picking him.

iirate

Iron Forge Riffle is a really crappy card, god damn. I got a somewhat poor arena draft and got stuck picking him.

You really can do a lot worse. He's not great, but he sits alongside Razorfen Hunter in my "surprisingly decent 3-drop" category. There are a bunch of commons I'd be more upset to have to take.

Pulled a Mogor from an arena pack, are there actually any decks worth using him in or is he destined to just sit on the sidelines unless I decide to make a really gimmicky deck?

Papercuts

Currently doing a Rogue arena.

So far it's Mage, Paladin, Mage, Mage. This shit has seemed to happen extremely often after GvG, even if they were popular before. I barely fight anything else now.

I was gonna finish a quest on my phone tonight but it turns out I need to reinstall due to the recent update. It doesn't seem required for every little patch though, it seems mostly for the bigger updates. Most phone apps seem to be moving towards more of a in game update rather than through the app store and so does hearthstone. But I guess they aren't quite there yet.

Finally rolled three warlock dailies and decided to get them out of the way fast. Tried Zoo for the first time and felt dirty doing it. Knocked them all out in half an hour.

FeD.nL

I have been trying out a ton of decks but the Savzj Echo mage might be my favorite deck in HS so far. Just such a joy to play. This happened against a ramp druid who had pretty much a perfect start, innervate/wild growth etc.

And this is the decklist i'm currently using:

5jprXXj.png

These arena drafting tools aren't anywhere close to perfect, but I have a hard time seeing good Arena drafters being able to out-draft the algorithms by a margin larger than the card RNG. I like that Heartharena explains how it's valuing the cards, even though I might disagree very strongly with a ton of their evaluations, I think I'll be using it from now on if only just to track my runs.

Magnus

When a card's effect/deathrattle/whatever pulls a minion from either player's deck (like Deathlord's deathrattle, for example, or Mindgames), is it effectively just copying the card from the deck (leaving the original in the deck still to be drawn), or is it actually pulling it out?

Xanathus

When a card's effect/deathrattle/whatever pulls a minion from either player's deck (like Deathlord's deathrattle, for example, or Mindgames), is it effectively just copying the card from the deck (leaving the original in the deck still to be drawn), or is it actually pulling it out?

It varies from card to card. Deathlord pulls the card out, Mindgames copies the card.

Magnus

On Paladin, when it comes to epics, you should have at least 1x of Lay on Hands and Quartermaster for sure. Coghammer is a nice-to-have. For rares, Equality, Muster for Battle, and Aldor Peacekeeper are absolute must have 2x's. Many of the mid-range decks can get away with 1x equality but 2x is needed for control. Only common you really need is shielded minibot.

Thanks!

edit- Fuck. As it turns out, Bolvar (who cares), Lay on Hands, and Quartermaster are precisely the cards from the Paladin set that I don't have. I have two Musters and Equalities, but only 1 Aldor Peackeeper. I have a Coghammer and Shielded Minibot though, and two Swords of Justice. I don't know if I want to sink 800 dust into crafting Quarter/Lay…I do have 3260 right now. Was tempted to get two legendaries…

I have 2 Avenging Wraths as well. I'm going to look into decks and make something happen. Tirion feels like a real gift that I should capitalize on.

It varies from card to card. Deathlord pulls the card out, Mindgames copies the card.

Cool. Thanks!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Hey guys! Coming back to Hearthstone after a 4 month break. I have Naxx, and a good amount of standard and legendaries, although I'm still missing some essentials (Ragnarok, etc). Should I focus on Goblins Vs Gnomes, or stick to trying to complete my normal deck first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom