• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ah, I thought they were against the OTK philosophy altogether (in the sense of a fresh minion on the board being able to deal that much damage in one turn). And yeah, it did take plenty of cards to make it happen. I guess I'm just salty. lol

I commended the chap with a tip of my hat/right-click/well-played.

Gnomish Inventor (and to a lesser extent, loot hoarder) are the cards that typically signify the deck. Warrior has to draw their whole deck to get the combo. So if you see the warrior drawing aggressively with those cards you should expect it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Recombobulated an antique healbot into a leeroy when I really needed the 6 damage.

I fucking love that card so much.

Just won a match against a douchebag face hunter who basically ropes out the first four turns by 1 hp. He didn't draw his skill commands but I didn't draw my taunts and I took many charging minions to the face cause the scrub wouldn't even trade off a hound for a 4/1 or 5/1 lol... If he did trade I would not have gotten the momentum from kelthuzad to win the game over the course of 3 turns which was barely doable in the first place due to explosive trap and my low hp. Face hunters are truly often very bad players.

Recombobulated an antique healbot into a leeroy when I really needed the 6 damage.

Haha nice. I want 2 recombobulators pretty bad. They were a card I liked from the reveal.

edit:

I'm finally out of my hearthstone coma (needed a break after that epic run to legendary on the last 2 days of the season).

Strong start for the new season:
day_1_record.png

The asterisks signify the opponent conceded. Look at that sweet sweet turn 4 concede by a mech aggro mage.

mage_domination.png

Here is the decklist with some short explanation.

I actually went to make this decklist on tempostorm.com cause their deckbuilding is really good for sharing decklists and strategies. But once I finished it I had to log in via twitch and after doing that I lost everything.

ViviOggi

Face Huntards are truly the lowest of the low, I never see so many straight up wrong plays as I do against them

Worse than Shockadin even

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Epics are very hard for me to pull the trigger on spending the dust crafting them. Thats why my rogue decks will never be good because I can't make myself craft preps. It's also the reason I'll never play handlock. Luckily I pulled the ones I needed for Control Warrior from packs.
I would argue that spending dust on epics is much better than spending dust on legendaries.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Currently 8-0 in arena. For me that's amazing since I never made it beyond 9-3, this deck seems pretty disgusting. Really lacking in actual 4 drops and some big removal though.

qfXORSp.png

I picked Mekgineer over Malygos and Feugen despite never trying him before. He's been doing some fuckin' work in the few games I dropped him.

Well done taking down cumqueen69

Hah yeah. I think it is neat that the app now records player names because sometimes I think I've played that guy before and it turns out he is just taking so long that I feel like I've played 2 games in the span of one.

It also lets me find specific matches easily to review them.

The app also keeps on improving. The dev just added a better way to update your deck which is the whole version thing on the left. I've never altered the deck so I've never had to update to a new version. This is my best deck I've ever made statistically: 70% win rate over 69(hah) matches.

ZZMitch

Deck Tracker looks cool but it's Windows only unfortunately. I use Track-O-Bot on Mac. I've found it to be less memory intensive and less buggy than Hearthstats.

Thanks man I will give it a shot. I have been manual updating results on Hearthstats but don't get stuff like who I am playing, length of matches etc.

Cipherr

Generally I want to see more stats being recorded by the game. How much I'm using which class, win streaks, lose streaks, games played, win rate today/this season/all time filtered by classes, opponents etc etc

I know there are third party programs that can do that if you set it up correctly, so I see no reason why Blizzard isn't displaying these stats (they're recording and gathering anyway) in the game as well. I did prioritise stat gathering right after new content (cards/adventures) in that recent survey.

Its likely because this is Babbys first card game. You probably noticed that, but... yeah. They aren't likely to add any of the stuff you are asking for there. Much more likely that they will just continue to allow third party programs that do it. But this isn't ever going to be a heavy game in that fashion.

Edit: Damn we really need to re-do a Battletag list for this community for those that still play.

Help me understand something.

If Leeroy/Miracle Rogue were nerfed because Blizzard was unhappy with that much burst damage happening in one turn, why aren't other one-turn KOs being nerfed too?

I was just dealt 26 damage by one minion the turn it was dropped (it was granted Charge and other buffs on the same turn), and the Warrior had more damage ready to go in case that didn't kill me. lol

You basically had this happen to you.

ZZMitch

Its likely because this is Babbys first card game. You probably noticed that, but... yeah. They aren't likely to add any of the stuff you are asking for there. Much more likely that they will just continue to allow third party programs that do it. But this isn't ever going to be a heavy game in that fashion.

Edit: Damn we really need to re-do a Battletag list for this community for those that still play.

ZZMitch #1697 if anyone wants to add me :)

Brofist

Ah, I thought they were against the OTK philosophy altogether (in the sense of a fresh minion on the board being able to deal that much damage in one turn). And yeah, it did take plenty of cards to make it happen. I guess I'm just salty. lol

I think they only get rid of mechanics that get abused. Like the Buzzard + Hounds combo, or the Leeroy Shadowstep combo. Or something like that ridiculous OTK Warrior giants charge deck that people ran in beta.

I played a Priest the other day that stole one of my minions with Cabal Shadow Priest and then Recombobulated the Shadow Priest who turned into an Anima Golem. I tossed him a "Sorry" then killed his two minions and watched the Golem self destruct.

Dahbomb

Guys....

Should I go FULL HUNTARD? Just made an all Face Hunter deck. It doesn't have Leeroy but it's got all the scummy cards that people hate losing to.

Levi

Banned
Bad enough that this Hunter got Malorne from his Web spinner, I killed it twice and he top decked it each time. He played Malorne three turns in a row! I ran out of removal and had to concede.

johnsmith

remember me
Yep. Officially done with arena. Get black knight and dr boom, and only make it to 5 wins because I didn't get a single flamestrike. Time to hoard gold until the next expansion, and I can prey on the people who can't draft without a tier list or a website to hold their hands. Also sick of getting commons instead of gold. It's the final insult after a bad run.

ive been fiddling around with a super cheesy priest deck. its not very good, but its kinda fun.

pOG3k3B.png

id swap out the lepers for shadowbombers in a heartbeat but I dont have them, and i just put the cabals in cause annoy-o-trons were killing me

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Well arena is a waste of time and unranked is pointless. I'll bang my head against ranked until I get good, and that's on me, but it doesn't change the fact that the matchmaking is clearly bullshit.

Arena is only a waste of time when you're new to the game if you go in expecting to win. If you approach it as a classroom, you'll gain a valuable education as you're getting schooled.

Casual to play
Arena to learn
Constructed to master

Dahbomb

Yep. Officially done with arena. Get black knight and dr boom, and only make it to 5 wins because I didn't get a single flamestrike. Time to hoard gold until the next expansion, and I can prey on the people who can't draft without a tier list or a website to hold their hands. Also sick of getting commons instead of gold. It's the final insult after a bad run.
Well that's what you get drafting Mage with two Legendaries... LOL!

Went 4-1 today with the Huntard deck. The guy who won managed to win from 1 HP using Force of Nature combo with luck from Rag hitting face instead of minion.

Match up against Mech Mage seems like a total crap shoot. If they get two Annoyotrons and you don't have an Owl it's GG.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing a "demon"lock deck that was posted on reddit a couple days ago and it's been insanely good because it's neither zoo nor handlock so my opponents have no clue how to play against it. I think I'm on a 7+ win streak at the moment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2uknkv/justsaiyan_first_na_legend_farming_mech_mages/

I was wondering why I was seeing so many warlocks all of a sudden.

I just got Mal'Ganis as a drop for my 3rd legendary card, and coincidently was trying a demon based warlock just to get some use out of it, not knowing it was currently a fad.

Though my version was absolutely terrible. I thought maybe 2 Sense Demons cards with only a void caller and Mal'Ganis would be an ingenious play, but turns out that was really dumb. I think I learned that cards that draw cards are mostly only worth it if you're willing to give up significant early board control, but that combo only really works if you have some semblance of mid game board control.

I ended up turning the deck into a burstlock, with cards like Reckless Rocketeer to supplement the power overwhelming and darkbombs and the like, which worked great against all these weird Warlock decks. Felt really smart about that, but I'm still new and only rank 17 so take that how you will.

By the way, I think Reckless Rocketeer might be a surprisingly good card in the meta right now. No one ever calculates for that 5 damage coming from out of no where.

Xanathus

I was wondering why I was seeing so many warlocks all of a sudden.

I just got Mal'Ganis as a drop for my 3rd legendary card, and coincidently was trying a demon based warlock just to get some use out of it, not knowing it was currently a fad.

Though my version was absolutely terrible. I thought maybe 2 Sense Demons cards with only a void caller and Mal'Ganis would be an ingenious play, but turns out that was really dumb. I think I learned that cards that draw cards are mostly only worth it if you're willing to give up significant early board control, but that combo only really works if you have some semblance of mid game board control.

I ended up turning the deck into a burstlock, with cards like Reckless Rocketeer to supplement the power overwhelming and darkbombs and the like, which worked great against all these weird Warlock decks. Felt really smart about that, but I'm still new and only rank 17 so take that how you will.

By the way, I think Reckless Rocketeer might be a surprisingly good card in the meta right now. No one ever calculates for that 5 damage coming from out of no where.

If you're going for a burst/combo lock, then you should run arcane golem + faceless + double power overwhelming. Dethelor just posted his tourney decklist on reddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone..._dethelor_going_to_clarify_some_things_about/

There's also another one by Darkonyx with Fel Cannon that gets a WTF reaction from opponents.
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/145289-darkwonyx-esl-combolock

zoukka

Guys....

Should I go FULL HUNTARD? Just made an all Face Hunter deck. It doesn't have Leeroy but it's got all the scummy cards that people hate losing to.

I still use my old facehunter when I need quick games. The deck tops off in 3 mana cost and is extremely consistent still. I don't think it has a single GvG card.

Tacitus_

Math warrior requires the stars to align properly to do 1TKO, but damn if it isn't impressive when it happens. The best I've gotten is somewhere around 25 DMG off the bat from a frothing berserker due to abusing whirlwinds.

Demonlock has always been something I've wanted to run since I started playing the game but I've never had Jaraxxus and now I'm lacking Mal'Ganis as well and it seems pointless to run Demonlock without them.

If Warlocks start having more success with Demon based decks I may just focus on crafting those two and build one.

Raytow

Demonlock has always been something I've wanted to run since I started playing the game but I've never had Jaraxxus and now I'm lacking Mal'Ganis as well and it seems pointless to run Demonlock without them.

If Warlocks start having more success with Demon based decks I may just focus on crafting those two and build one.

I tried running it with Illidan as well, didn't work that hot, but it was nice to see him say brother against malfurion.

Magnus

I want to give this Demonlock deck a whirl with the Jaraxxus I got recently.
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/157285-kolento-ranked-demonlock-deck

And I'm either going to burn my last 1600 dust on a Sneed for fun, or just roll a Rag or Dr. Boom in there for now.

Would Siphon Soul be a decent sub for the two BGHs I don't have? And someone help me understand the philosophy around Zombie Chows for non-priest classes. I get it for priests; you try to get it killed while a Soulpriest is out so that the +5 heal turns into damage. Why would other classes use it? If you're lucky, it'll clear a couple of small minions for you, but most of the time, it just ends up doing around 5 damage to a hero that just gets erased when it dies....no?

Dragner

I want to give this Demonlock deck a whirl with the Jaraxxus I got recently.
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/157285-kolento-ranked-demonlock-deck

And I'm either going to burn my last 1600 dust on a Sneed for fun, or just roll a Rag or Dr. Boom in there for now.

Would Siphon Soul be a decent sub for the two BGHs I don't have? And someone help me understand the philosophy around Zombie Chows for non-priest classes. I get it for priests; you try to get it killed while a Soulpriest is out so that the +5 heal turns into damage. Why would other classes use it? If you're lucky, it'll clear a couple of small minions for you, but most of the time, it just ends up doing around 5 damage to a hero that just gets erased when it dies....no?
Its exacyly an antyagro tool, zombie chow will take most of the time the first 2 creatures your opponent plays giving you time to get turns to gain advantage. He doesnt do much against control but in a Meta like this full of face agro decks zombie chow is an all star.

Siphon soul is a good responde to late game legendaries. I prefer BGH because the body and low mana cost but syphon can take something like Kel'thuzad and thats awesome.

embalm

I'm currently playing around with a demon deck, but it doesn't feel consistent enough. I'm pretty sure it's strong enough to get me to legend, but I haven't figured out how to use it against Control Warrior and Handlock yet. Once I have it locked down I'll share it up.

Dragner

I'm currently playing around with a demon deck, but it doesn't feel consistent enough. I'm pretty sure it's strong enough to get me to legend, but I haven't figured out how to use it against Control Warrior and Handlock yet. Once I have it locked down I'll share it up.

As a handlock player I can say the thing that disturbs my gameplan the most is fast agro starts. With that I cant tap and most of my tempo is gone because stone giant become useless and twilight drake only medium good. You have to try to analize what kind of responses the handlock player has...if he taps like a mad he has probably something like hellfire into giant or drake. If he drops and ancient watcher yoy should probably try to kill it even if does nothing, because if he spends a turn doing that he either has an owl to silence it or a soulflame to wipe your board or if the game is advance probably giant/drake + argus. You have to try to limit the responses from the deck, if you manage to do that handlock become a really overcosted deck that cant play much.

Another tip is if you cant apply fast preassure be aware of lowering the handlock player further than 15. If that happens the handlock player can double molten + subfury then healbot to stabilize or jaraxxus. Be aware of that and try to hoard some power after you have bait his wipes (usually 3) to make a final burst without being victim of fast moltens + healbots.

embalm

As a handlock player I can say the thing that disturbs my gameplan the most is fast agro starts. With that I cant tap and most of my templo is gone because stone giant become useless and twilight drake only medium good. You have to try to analize what kind of responses the handlock player has...if he taps like a mad he has probably something like hellfire into giant or drake. If he drops and ancient watcher yoy should probably try to kill it even if does nothing, because if he spends a turn doing that he either has an owl to silence it or a soulflame to wipe your board or if the game is advance probably giat/drake + argus. You have to try to limit the responses from the deck, is you manage to do that handlock become a really overcosted deck that cant play much.

Another tip is if yoy can aply fast preassute be aware of lowering the handlock player further than 15. If that happens the handlock player can double molten + subfury then healbor to stabilize or jaraxxus. Be aware of that and tery to hoard some power after you have bait his wipes (usually 3) to make a final burst without being victim of fast moltens + healbots.
This is great info. I feel like this should be stickied for anyone who is struggling with with Handlock.

If I can go toe to toe with Handlock I usually win. I run Sacrificial Pact, which turns their Jarax play into an instant win. It's going toe to toe with them that is hard and those tips will help alot.

I think I need to include some burst so that control decks can't drag me out for 10 turns longer than I should. Maybe I'll try a Leroy or Arcane Golem.

FeD.nL

Hmm, is there a bug with KT/Mirror entity? Was playing against a paladin and he played Rag into my Mirror Entity. I had KT on the field and a scientist he had just killed. So his Rag kills my Mirror Entity Rag but KT only rezzed the mad scientist. Is that how KT is supposed to work?

Hmm, is there a bug with KT/Mirror entity? Was playing against a paladin and he played Rag into my Mirror Entity. I had KT on the field and a scientist he had just killed. So his Rag kills my Mirror Entity Rag but KT only rezzed the mad scientist. Is that how KT is supposed to work?

Rag's ability triggers after KT's ability I believe. I've had that happen to me as well.

End of turn abilities triggering is probably dictated by which players turn it is.

embalm

Rag's ability triggers after KT's ability I believe. I've had that happen to me as well.

End of turn abilities triggering is probably dictated by which players turn it is.

I think all death rattles trigger in the order they are played now. So Rag after KT means KT triggers, then Rag kills an insect.

This is crazy important for Sylvannus play. You can trade Syl and steal back what was stolen if you played yours last.

Tacitus_

I think all death rattles trigger in the order they are played now. So Rag after KT means KT triggers, then Rag kills an insect.

This is crazy important for Sylvannus play. You can trade Syl and steal back what was stolen if you played yours last.

KT's ability isn't a deathrattle, it's an "at the end of turn". He used to resurrect himself after Rag shots which was a hilarious bug with simultaneous resolving.

Fixed1979

For anyone playing on Mac, what are you using for stat tracking? I've tried hearthstonestats.com but their app seems almost completely unreliable.

Odd night in arena last night for me, started with a 6-3 and 7-3 then fell off at 3-3 and then gave up for the night after an 0-2 start.

For my plan for this constructed season was to make a Mech Warrior deck work and just see how far I can get playing only that. Still have some work to do and I'm sure things will fall apart for it as the season goes on but I'm definitely having some fun. Currently sitting around 16 as I've been playing more Arena than Constructed for the first time ever. There's a few nice combos, and getting V-07-TR-0N out is a pretty good, though sometimes I think it might be a bit too wasteful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom