• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the tracker's replay system is valuable. Assuming your opponent plays the card, you'll know exactly when he drew the card. So you can even have insight into how well you played around certain cards like aoe.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hahaha, every single hunter I've faced instaconcedes after I play Malganis.

Unless you are paring him with Void Caller, most face hunter decks are out of steam by turn 9 anyway.

Personally, I never had a problem with Demonlock when playing ladder, and I did play Mech Mage, but the ones I normally faced usually ran a bunch of demons to go with Void Caller, this one looks like its just like 2.

Oh, this is what people mean by "netdecking"? I always thought it just meant "you found a deck build online and copied it". Oh, naivety...

No, Netdecking really is copying a build online. A deck tracker is something different.

I decided to take my 1000 gold and play some arena games. They have been going horrible, highest yet is 4/3 and I have gotten a single legendary in like 6 drafts. No flame strikes, no firey war axes, a single Truesilver.

mxgt

Banned
Hahaha, every single hunter I've faced instaconcedes after I play Malganis.

I played facehunter for 5 win quest yesterday. The last match was against a Warlock and I had him on 4 health, and he uses sacrificial pack on a voidcaller and it brings out mal'ganis and takes him to 9 hp. All I had in hand was Hounds and was 1 turn from dying myself.

I then proceed to skillfully top deck hunters mark, play hounds, and win with the exact mana and damage needed for lethal.

It was both hilarious and disgusting at the same time. It just feels wrong playing face hunter, the lack of thought and effort it requires compared to any other deck is insane (except maybe mech mage). I won all 5 matches well before turn 10 just by playing minions and attacking face.

Hell, I'm rank 12 at the moment and I routinely face hunters that make the most absurd misplays, like playing Wolfrider and not attacking, or missing hero power. It's like they're trying to do stuff as quickly as possible.

Magnus

I've had a terrible time all of a sudden with Mech Mage (and I actually have the damned Antonidas to make it work - must have lost twice as often as I won, around rank 20-17 no less!)

Had a terrible time playing Rogue for the first time too. Something just isn't clicking with that class for me, lol. I don't have Prep, so that might be a big gap.

I feel really fucking useless with that class.

Back to my main priest and steadily winning again.

ViviOggi

I've had a terrible time all of a sudden with Mech Mage (and I actually have the damned Antonidas to make it work - must have lost twice as often as I won, around rank 20-17 no less!)

Had a terrible time playing Rogue for the first time too. Something just isn't clicking with that class for me, lol. I don't have Prep, so that might be a big gap.

I feel really fucking useless with that class.

Back to my main priest and steadily winning again.
Rogue can be a tough matchup, Chugga is the key card here, always keep it and play it after another minion to bait out Backstab if possible. Maybe you're pinging/playing the removal game too early? That's what intuition tells you from playing Mage in other variants or arena but is only the way to go against other flood matchups. Versus control/midrange you should take a value trade here and there or fireball a single big drop but MM usually wants to take control of the board early and deal as much damage as possible to set up their win conditions. If you can get ahead with Mechwarpers, Annoyotrons etc. don't hold back and let your opponent deal with your shit. In the late game it's time for Antonidas puzzling or going face and hoping for a burn topdick. You'll have to go all in more often than not because once you start playing the control game you're fighting a losing battle, the deck just doesn't have the tools for it.

Magnus

Rogue can be a tough matchup, Chugga is the key card here, always keep it and play it after another minion to bait out Backstab if possible. Maybe you're pinging/playing the removal game too early? That's what intuition tells you from playing Mage in other variants or arena but is only the way to go against other flood matchups. Versus control/midrange you should take a value trade here and there or fireball a single big drop but MM usually wants to take control of the board early and deal as much damage as possible to set up their win conditions. If you can get ahead with Mechwarpers, Annoyotrons etc. don't hold back and let your opponent deal with your shit. In the late game it's time for Antonidas puzzling or going face and hoping for a burn topdick. You'll have to go all in more often than not because once you start playing the control game you're fighting a losing battle, the deck just doesn't have the tools for it.

I meant playing as Rogue, in addition to playing as Mech Mage. Just a bad morning playing new classes, lol.

And yeah, I'm following the Mech Mage strategy to a T. Sometimes I hold back on deploying all minions because I know an enemy board clear is coming (Brawl, Consecration, Flamestrike, etc.)

The extra few optional cards are where I'm sure I have leeway to play around. 2xFrost/Fireball obviously, but do you guys include Blizzards, Flamestrikes, Polymorphs, Secrets, etc?

I've had some great success with Echo of Medivh, duplicating 3 or more mechs I have out on the field.

Which mech mage decks are you guys rolling with?

embalm

KT's ability isn't a deathrattle, it's an "at the end of turn". He used to resurrect himself after Rag shots which was a hilarious bug with simultaneous resolving.
I meant that end of turn abilities probably also activate in the order played, just as death rattles do now. Sorry that I wasn't more clear.

Will someone please think of the new players!

I forget, will duplicate proc on the earliest minion played or last minion played? (If they die at the same time to an AOE).
I believe it's the last minion played since they're the most recent to hit the board. It's like when you put down Sylvanas after your opponent does and they die at the same time. Then again, that's with Deathrattles which maybe different than Secrets.

Rapstah

I believe it's the last minion played since they're the most recent to hit the board. It's like when you put down Sylvanas after your opponent does and they die at the same time. Then again, that's with Deathrattles which maybe different than Secrets.

Duplicate does copy the oldest minion. I believe it triggers whenever a minion goes through its dying phase while it's not your turn, and minions go through their dying phases in order from oldest to newest. The most confusing Hearthstone gets this way is when the game delays killing off minions until a spell has finished resolving, but even then the minions die in order.

Szadek

Duplicate does copy the oldest minion. I believe it triggers whenever a minion goes through its dying phase while it's not your turn, and minions go through their dying phases in order from oldest to newest. The most confusing Hearthstone gets this way is when the game delays killing off minions until a spell has finished resolving, but even then the minions die in order.
I'm pretty sure it depends on where they are on the field,not how old they are.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nah, it's FIFO. It may look like board position matters but that's only because most people play things from left to right except in the case of positional minions.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Its likely because this is Babbys first card game. You probably noticed that, but... yeah. They aren't likely to add any of the stuff you are asking for there. Much more likely that they will just continue to allow third party programs that do it. But this isn't ever going to be a heavy game in that fashion.

Edit: Damn we really need to re-do a Battletag list for this community for those that still play.

Chmpocalypse #1971 US

Which reminds me, wasn't someone setting up another tourney? I recall volunteering $40 in BattleNet credit toward the winner.

Chmpocalypse #1971

Which reminds me, wasn't someone setting up another tourney? I recall volunteering $40 in BattleNet credit toward the winner.

TetraxShards #2191, on EU

I might be taking a break for awhile though. Was going to buy packs yesterday only to realise I'm only missing 6 cards from GVG, and a bunch of junk from the classic set. Grinding for more cards feels pointless right now, and I'm not mentally ready for an assault at Legend.

Would definitely be interested in an EU tourney if it happens though.

Fixed1979

I was going to do the second round of our NA tourney for the last two months but I've been out of town so much that it hasn't been possible. Right now I'm looking at starting one on the 20th of February with signups opening up on the 16th, I will be PMing everyone who played in the last one to let them know.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I was going to do the second round of our NA tourney for the last two months but I've been out of town so much that it hasn't been possible. Right now I'm looking at starting one on the 20th of February with signups opening up on the 16th, will be PMing everyone who played in the last one to let them know.

Ah, were you the one I discussed it with?

I was going to do the second round of our NA tourney for the last two months but I've been out of town so much that it hasn't been possible. Right now I'm looking at starting one on the 20th of February with signups opening up on the 16th, I will be PMing everyone who played in the last one to let them know.

Wait, is this a whole new tourney or the 2nd round of a currently in-progress tourney? Because if it's a new one, I'd love to participate again.

Fixed1979

I don't think it was me, but I did the last one we had.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883418

If someone else was going to run a NA one then that'd be cool as I'd get a chance to play!

Wait, is this a whole new tourney or the 2nd round of a currently in-progress tourney? Because if it's a new one, I'd love to participate again.

It's a brand new tourney, but everyone who completed of the last one received points based on their final standings, the plan was to take the top 6 players after 6 tournies and have a sort of finals tournament.

WE DID IT BOIS

njSINmn.png

ᵉᵈᶦᵗ﹕ ³ʳᵈ ᵇᵉˢᵗᶦᵃᶫ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖʳᵉᵖ ᵗʰᵒ

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I don't think it was me, but I did the last one we had.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883418

If someone else was going to run a NA one then that'd be cool as I'd get a chance to play!

It's a brand new tourney, but everyone who completed of the last one received points based on their final standings, the plan was to take the top 6 players after 6 tournies and have a sort of finals tournament.

Well, my offer still stands. I'm more than happy to donate that prize money if it means a tournament (I would not participate, but would enjoy spectating)!

Celegus

Somehow made it 10-3 with an extremely average paladin deck in arena. Had 30 health to the priest's 5 in the last match, but he made the most ridiculous comeback. I opened 5 packs with the bonus one and all the gold, and got... 5 rares. The rest uncommon. No golds even.

My previous best in arena was only 6 wins, so at least there's that.

haha, keeper of the grove nuke killed my mad scientist, which played a snipe, which killed the keeper

i-i think that was a good play for the druid?

heres a question: if your cobra shot kills your own malygos, how much damage does the enemy hero take?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
haha, keeper of the grove nuke killed my mad scientist, which played a snipe, which killed the keeper

heres a question: if your cobra shot kills your own malygos, how much damage does the enemy hero take?

That should work, doing 12 damage to both.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

It might have been the right play but it wasn't a good outcome. He traded a 4 mana minion for a 2 mana minion. Just another reason why mad scientist should really be nerfed.

It might have been the right play but it wasn't a good outcome. He traded a 4 mana minion for a 2 mana minion. Just another reason why mad scientist should really be nerfed.

It doesn't sound like it was necessarily the right play since he could have silenced it and taken 2 damage and dealt with the silenced scientist with the keeper the very next turn.

He paid a steep price to take out a small minion. Granted, it would require more information to really determine what the best move is, but I think silencing the mad scientist is preferable to killing it and playing through or around the trap.

I think mad scientist is a strong card but you can minimize its impact at times, especially with silence.

Dragner

Yesterday I had my first obvious encounter with a bot, it was a golden shaman I was playing rogue, I knew something was odd awhen he tried to overkill my little creatures with every big overload spell he drew, victory was easy because he never attacked me, only my minions and I could combo kill him with thalnos + double prep+double oil, venon + break weapon with auctioneer in play. felt good even if it was a hollow win against a robot.

Xanathus

Tay Zonday just destroyed a golden portrait mech mage with a bunch of legendaries. Amazing.
A basic mage deck can beat any control deck if you draw the right answers at the right time since it has Polymorph, Flamestrike, Fireball and possibly double Oozes for weapons.

Rapstah

I really love how they gave him custom lines, even if half were reused from his raid encounter

"JARAXXUS IS...sorry" is the best one

Isn't "Oblivion" re-used from Kologarn? I don't remember Jaraxxus saying that, but it's one of Blizzard's three voice actors so there are probably more bosses to get quotes from.

Dragner

I had one simmilar the other day, was golden nat paggle, golden epic, and 3 rares, yours is probably more dust. Great pack.

FeD.nL

I meant that end of turn abilities probably also activate in the order played, just as death rattles do now. Sorry that I wasn't more clear.

The weird part was that animation wise the KT ability triggered after my Mirror Image Rag was killed by his Rag. KT ressed my mad scientist afterwards but Rag did not come back.

I just had a really annoying mech mage match up. He managed to hit 5 minions with enhanceomatic and his loatheb got windfury.

But then I stole it with mind control tech.

Later he got antonidas and stealth spare part. But I managed to take him down to lethal the next turn and heal myself beyond double fireball + antonidas face hit, in no small part due to loatheb having windfury.

Stealth spare part can be annoying as hell, but when used with antonidas that is kinda broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom