• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sokka

I got my first legendary from a classic card pack, Archmage Antonidas.
And I play mostly as Mage.

Today was a good day.

Celegus

I've been in love with Blizzard's voice work since time began. The sound bites in Hearthstone are their latest marvel.

It'd be such a dream come true to land VO work in a Blizzard game.

Current fave, Iron Sensei. "Come close, and listen."

Blizz is by far the best. My favorite all-time is still the Warcraft 2 DOS installer - "Your sound card works perfectly!"

In Hearthstone though, gotta get hype every time you slap down "Put your faith in the light!"

mxgt

Banned
I've been in love with Blizzard's voice work since time began. The sound bites in Hearthstone are their latest marvel.

Totally agree, it's amazing how much they add to the experience. If I have to play with sound off I enjoy it a lot less.

Cabal Shadow Priest "Let me change your mind" always has and always will be my favourite

I HATE that Jeeves robot. Turns the whole game around ahhh!

Oh my god, played against a Hunter in Arena who just had the PERFECT Hunter deck. What the fuck, how do people get so damn lucky.

Finally got my first GvG legendary... Gallywix. Ah well, it'll help me get closer to crafting something.

Gallywix is legit though in some of the new Rogue decks. Not that he's fantastic, but I would hesitate to dust him unless you don't have the other components to play a miracle-ish deck and don't plan to.

Tacitus_

Gallywix is legit though in some of the new Rogue decks. Not that he's fantastic, but I would hesitate to dust him unless you don't have the other components to play a miracle-ish deck and don't plan to.

I know he's legit, but I'm still missing Antonidas, Jaraxxus and Dr. Balanced to start.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Hello! Hello! Hello!

Turn 2 i got got badly by a Mech Mage
cN7FfBx.png

Cipherr

I don't think I'll ever get to a point where I don't feel like priests winning because of 'mindvision' and 'thoughtsteal' isn't just straight up lame wins enabled by stupid cards. It's not that they cards are imbalanced per se, they're just lame I think.

Yep. Im over it these days. But theres something about building a great deck, and having that great deck used against you forcing you into a loss that generates extra salt.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm a mech mage up against Handlock.

He has an 8/1 Molten Giant after making a trade. He plays KT. He tries to be cute and casts Power Overwhelming on his Molten Giant. Probably with the intent of reviving it back to an 8/8.

He fails. KT's effect procs first, THEN the PO kills the giant. The giant does not revive.

"I'm sorry."

Magnus

Guys. It's time for another legendary weekend, I think. (I'm aware of my insane luck at pulling good legendaries out of packs, lol)

I have 2400 dust now...I feel like I should craft core epics for some decks instead of another legendary. But Sneed's RNG fun is calling to me...

xFhu0eE.jpg

Maximo

Garrosh, you are not fit, TO RULE THE HORDE!.
Oh my looooooorrrddd Every time I get to hear that I lose it, Love the Voice work it reminds me so much of Warcraft 3. When my mates were big Into it and we were doing LAN Beatles I used to always yell out the Phrases of certain Legendaries, SHITS GOING DOWN NOW SON!.

Jrmint

I don't think I'll ever get to a point where I don't feel like priests winning because of 'mindvision' and 'thoughtsteal' isn't just straight up lame wins enabled by stupid cards. It's not that they cards are imbalanced per se, they're just lame I think. Much salt, people probably feel the same losing to legendary draws from 'unstable portal'.
I agree with you completely. I hate Priests so much.

Magnus

Just had a look at his video. Looks fun to play!

I'm short the Lightbomb, a second Light of the Naaru and the Ysera....

Gonna sub in Vol'jin, Troggzor and a Lightwarden and see what happens. lol

Ok, aside from using a Lightwarden instead of a second Light of the Naaru (which I lack), my subs are amazing, and this deck is fucking hilarious fun.

Rubbing so much salt in people's faces. Troggzor is fucking COMEDY.

Watching Kripp play was illuminating, too. Taught me a lot about the mulligan. I've been doing some things wrong.

Ok, aside from using a Lightwarden instead of a second Light of the Naaru (which I lack), my subs are amazing, and this deck is fucking hilarious fun.

Rubbing so much salt in people's faces. Troggzor is fucking COMEDY.

Watching Kripp play was illuminating, too. Taught me a lot about the mulligan. I've been doing some things wrong.

I keep queueing up against combo decks. These matches suck.

Magnus

I keep queueing up against combo decks. These matches suck.

Kripp was using that term in his video - he/you don't mean Rogue combos...do you?

Every match so far has been a victory, I'm 4:0. They're all really entertaining, but super close calls.

edit- Just lost to a Handlock. Almost had it when MC'ing his surprise Ragnaros, but the Rag hit the lock instead of the one target up that killed me next turn.

edit2- Oof, and again to Mech Mage. Board clears never came...

I agree with you completely. I hate Priests so much.

Play as one. You'll fall in love!

I've yet to find the class that I click as well with as I do with priest. Kind of funny that that's how WoW was as well once I discovered the priest.

Well rogues and locks. Most matches against rogues I can't do much of anything, and have played against 2x lock combo.

The golem with charge, 2x power overwhelming, and faceless maniupulator.

Magnus

Well rogues and locks. Most matches against rogues I can't do much of anything, and have played against 2x lock combo.

The golem with charge, 2x power overwhelming, and faceless maniupulator.

Oof, brutal.

I just faced a second Mech Mage. Mind Controlling that Antonidas after he played it thinking I was out of MCs was classic.

Back in my truly novice days I was running two MCs and 'experts' were laughing at me. Now, returning to the strat is hilarious.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
oh my god recombobulator

Playing against a Paladin as a Priest in arena, I was holding board control for most of the game. Turn 9 he drops a force tank max and I mind control it. His next turn, he throws down follow da rules + recruit and uses argus on them. I trade off, and recombobulate the 1/7 force tank into ragnaros.

I had a faceless manipulator in hand. Turned into lethal since he had 15 health.

OdbTAeQ.png

JoeMartin

Totally agree, it's amazing how much they add to the experience. If I have to play with sound off I enjoy it a lot less.

Cabal Shadow Priest "Let me change your mind" always has and always will be my favourite

That's your favorite? Y-y-you gotta be kiddin' me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Had a great night in the arena tonight! First I went 10 wins with Druid that was practically token druid, then I went 12 wins with a Mage deck!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So Goblin Blastmage is pretty much the most brokenly overpowered card in GvG right?

Not sure what Blizzard was thinking with that one.

That no on plays Arcane Missiles, so they might as well give another card Arcane Missiles as its battle Cry. The real issue is likely that its stats are likely too high. Maybe up it to 5 mana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom