• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

drops warper on first turn with coin, player concedes.

ahahaha

then I proceed to lose the next 5 games :(

fought another mech mage with two iron sensei, lost really really badly.

Well guys, it finally happened. I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing, but I guess I'm not going to regret this in the near future. I'll make a new post with a list of (essential or "special" cards) once I'm done with all the pack opening. Fuck Blizzard.

clgtXdK.png

Yoshi plz

Taz

Well guys, it finally happened. I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing, but I guess I'm not going to regret this in the near future. I'll make a new post with a list of (essential or "special" cards) once I'm done with all the pack opening. Fuck Blizzard.

clgtXdK.png

That's nuts did you do 250 of each?

G.ZZZ

clgtXdK.png

Next time give me 500 $ and we'll be both better off.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
More than half way through

holy fducking shit

Szadek

I hope you don't draw 2 dooms,because than you can't auto DE without wasting the potenial of 1200 dust.
Then again,you probably won't need it.

gutshot

Just beat ratsmah in arena while he was streaming. That's the first time I've ever played a popular streamer (or semi-popular, in this case, I guess). Does anyone know how to pull up VODs on Twitch?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
From 7k dust to 34k dust

Golden Legendary:
=================
Harrison Jones
Thermaplugg

Legendary:
==========
Barron Geddon
Barron Geddon
Al'akir
Captain Greenskin
Foe Reaper 4000
Foe Reaper 4000
Foe Reaper 4000
Sneed's Old Shredder
Troggzor
Troggzor
Dr Boom
Thermaplugg
Thermaplugg
Malorne
Trade Prince Gallywix
Trade Prince Gallywix
Toshley
Gazslowe
Gazslowe
Flame Leviathan
Flame Leviathan
Flame Leviathan
Mimirion's Head
Bolvar Fordragon
Gahz'rilla
Gahz'rilla
Gahz'rilla
Mal'Ganis

Golden Epic:
============
Bestial Wrath
Lightbomb
Enhanco-o Mechano
Clockwork Giant
Fel Reaver
Crush x2
Demon Heart x2

Epic:
=====
Faceless Manipulator
Ancient of Lore
Far Sight
Molten Giant
Earth Elemental
Spellbender
Cabal Shadow Priest
Pit Lord x2
Gorehowl
Preperation
Far Sight
Blood Knight x3
Big Game Hunter
Bestial Wrath
Patient Assassin
Kidnapper
Demon Heart x3
Junkbot x5
Tree of Life x5
Dark Whispers x7
Sabotage x7
Siltfin Spiritwalker x5
Bouncing Blade x3
Enhanco-o Mechano x5
Ancestral Call x3
Fel Reaver x5
Quartermaster x3
Echo of Medivh
Hobgoblin x2
Clockwork Giant x4
Wee Spellstopper x2
Shadow Bomber x2
Steemwheedle Sniper
Crush x2
Feign Death
Piloted Sky Golem x2
Coghammer x2
Anima Golem
Mini-Mage
Cogmasters Wrench x3

Golden everything else:
=======================
Sunwalker
Coldlight Seer
Sorceress Apprentice
Void Terror
Unbound Elemental
Flame Imp
Savanah Highmane
Ancient Mage
Repentance
Mass Dispell
Frost Elemental
Armorsmith
Wisp
Gadget Auctioneer
Arcane Golem
Lightspawn
Burly Rockjaw Trogg
Metaltooth Leaper x2
Gnomeregan Infantry x2
Kezan Mystic
Floating Watcher x2
Light of the Naaru
Dunemaul Shaman
Velen's Chosen
Seal of Light
Tinkers Sharp Oil x3
Warbot x2
Druid of the Fang
Mech-Bear-Cat
Dark Bomb x2
Gilblin Stalker
Grove Tender x2
Glaivezooka
Shieldmaiden x3
Madder Bomber
Salty Dog
Bomb Lobber x2
Piloted Shredder x2
Power Mace
Shrinkmeister x2
Stonesplinter Trogg
Illuminator
Flamecannon
Screwjunk Clanker
Shadow Boxer x2
Spider Tank
Ogre Ninja
Iron Sensei
Robo Cub
Imp-losion x2
Call Pet
Mechanical Yeti
Tinkertown Technician
Cobalt Guardian
Cobra Shot
Gnomish Experimenter
Goblin Auto-Barber
Jeeves
Snowchugger

Yoshichan

100 vanilla, 400 gvg

Magnus

Did your jump to 34k dust from 7k include all your golden DEs?

Only 4 Legendaries in 100 vanilla packs, and two were Geddon. Lol

Nice haul though Yoshi!

Yoshichan

Did your jump to 34k dust from 7k include all your golden DEs?

Only 4 Legendaries in 100 vanilla packs, and two were Geddon. Lol

Nice haul though Yoshi!
I have no idea man, that's what the button says when I click on the disenchant extras-button!

Yoshichan

Holy shit, I just confirmed... I'm pretty much done with GvG. The ONLY non-legendary that I haven't got is the Recombobulator.

Legendary wise, I need:
Vol'jin
Neptulon
Iron Juggernaut
Blingtron
Hemet Nesingwary
Mogor

= 9600 dust (out of the 35k that I got)

So yeah, GvG done! Bring on the next piece of trash

Strider

Shiiiit Yoshi nice haul. Any cards in particular you gonna craft a golden version of? I couldn't resist a golden Tirion if I had that amount of dust :p

Haunted

Can't believe this is the first time I've gotten hate mail after I ran face hunter so much
Frankly I probably deserve it since I hate fighting similar decks to this too
People probably don't bother contacting face hunters to shit on them because no one can be sure they're actually capable of reading.

Magnus

Control Priest Is still fun but I've been having some real awful matches lately. Every time I lose, I look back at how I mulliganed and I realize I should have done the total opposite of whatever I did. Lol

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

clgtXdK.png

o_O

Holy Mother of God Yoshi......I'm so jealous, LOL!!

It also works on frozen minions. So if one of your minions is frozen, silencing it will unfreeze it and allow it to attack.

Wow nice!

I actually wish freezing also froze those active abilities some cards have, but seeing as freezing benefits Mage the most, it may be overkill

Also Yoshi man, you could have maybe made some money back in donations if you streamed that lol

Yoshichan

I stopped streaming a while ago, guys :). Raged too much and doing that live was not good at all for multiple reasons
Shiiiit Yoshi nice haul. Any cards in particular you gonna craft a golden version of? I couldn't resist a golden Tirion if I had that amount of dust :p
I already crafted golden Ragnaros because he's godlike.. I think? Is he viable in todays meta? Which decks?

Magnus

Fatigue decks make me fucking rage. A match ends up feeling like such a huge waste of time.

It almost always comes down to one turn of fatigue damage difference. If I'd done one thing different right at the end, I'd have won.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
He is played only in control warrior.Well,he could work in other slow decks,too.

With BGH as popular as it is right now, I think Rag should only be included in a deck that has several other BGH targets. Control Warrior is a nice candidate since it has like 3 other potential BGH targets.

Magnus

Canadians - what's the most cost-effective way of buying packs? I noticed that the price for cards seems to be different depending on whether I buy them in app on my iPad versus buying them in app on my desktop.

Got a gift card to burn and thinking that I may just splurge on one last bunch of packs.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
With BGH as popular as it is right now, I think Rag should only be included in a deck that has several other BGH targets. Control Warrior is a nice candidate since it has like 3 other potential BGH targets.

Well, it is nice that it gets 8 damage out before BGH even has a chance at taking it out.

I just don't know if that makes it worth it or not.

Blu(e)

Holy shit, I just confirmed... I'm pretty much done with GvG. The ONLY non-legendary that I haven't got is the Recombobulator.

Legendary wise, I need:
Vol'jin
Neptulon
Iron Juggernaut
Blingtron
Hemet Nesingwary
Mogor

= 9600 dust (out of the 35k that I got)

So yeah, GvG done! Bring on the next piece of trash

You are a fascinating individual.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Canadians - what's the most cost-effective way of buying packs? I noticed that the price for cards seems to be different depending on whether I buy them in app on my iPad versus buying them in app on my desktop.

Got a gift card to burn and thinking that I may just splurge on one last bunch of packs.

I'm not Canadian, but I always buy on PC. I bought a few times on my iPad and it charges an iTunes tax. I think when I paid $19.99 on my iPad the price came out to around $22. On the PC it is just the normal $19.99.

gutshot

I finally did it.

"The Dream" status: Achieved

And my rewards...

Blizzard saw fit to gift me with a nice pack. My first Cobra Shot, YES!

The decklist: http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/i5mq20
DBjlK4yl.png

Sylvanas was helpful in a few games, Sea Giant even more so, but the Shielded Minibots were the real MVPs.

Highlights include beating ratsmah of course and the final boss battle. After being way ahead on board, I then get MC Tech'd on back-to-back turns. He's threatening lethal and I'm one off but I topdeck Avenging Wrath and just barely get the 1 damage ping to the face for exact lethal. Woohoo!

Coketruck

So, I downloaded Hearthstone after hearing all the praise it got in various sites' GOTY stuff recently. My only exposure to CCGs before this was the three day stint I played Magic in middle school... Never been a big fan of the genre, and I know next to nothing about Warcraft or anything related to it.

Turns out, I'm addicted. I've put $20 into two deck packs (one classic and one G&G) and am working on beating all the expert AIs so I can get the gold reward for that. For a complete newbie like myself, what are the best ways to go about getting new cards (other than simply buying them)? I've heard the Arena can be a decent way to earn cards, but I don't think I'm good enough yet to make playing there worth it. Until then, should I just grind gold through the daily challenges and buy packs with gold whenever I can afford to?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh geez, I have gotten Coint Double Mech Warper three games in a row, and the other guys just give up. I almost feel bad.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So, I downloaded Hearthstone after hearing all the praise it got in various sites' GOTY stuff recently. My only exposure to CCGs before this was the three day stint I played Magic in middle school... Never been a big fan of the genre, and I know next to nothing about Warcraft or anything related to it.

Turns out, I'm addicted. I've put $20 into two deck packs (one classic and one G&G) and am working on beating all the expert AIs so I can get the gold reward for that. For a complete newbie like myself, what are the best ways to go about getting new cards (other than simply buying them)? I've heard the Arena can be a decent way to earn cards, but I don't think I'm good enough yet to make playing there worth it. Until then, should I just grind gold through the daily challenges and buy packs with gold whenever I can afford to?

Arena is the best way to earn gold, but it is true that you have to be an above average player in order for Arena to be worth it. I think you should wait until you consistently hit Rank 15 in constructed, and then watch some of the better streamers on Twitch to get a feel for how arena strategy works before devoting yourself to earning gold that way.

So for now, stick to constructed and do your daily quests. You get one quest reroll each day. To maximize your gold, you should try to reroll any quest that gives 40 gold so you can try to get a quest that gives you 60 gold. Aside from that, you should just play the game. You also get 10 gold for every 3 wins you get, with a daily cap of 100 gold (30 wins).

I also recommend that you watch Trump Teachings, which is pretty much a Hearthstone 101 video series featuring one of the most famous streamers in Hearthstone. It'll teach you the basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KjtRokhpvM&list=PLvEIxIeBRKSjprrvlbAcbVjzHsnH9PjDX

Edit: And since you will inevitably ask the question, you should try to shoot for a 2-to-1 ratio on classic and GvG packs respectively. And the next time you want to spend money on Hearthstone, spend it on Curse of Naxxramas. The gold cost for Naxx is very expensive compared to the real money cost. Naxx is the best $20 you can spend in Hearthstone.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

clgtXdK.png
What is wrong with you.... Wtf

pikmin_trainer

Neo Member

I've gotten maybe 5 or 6 12 win runs, but they have always been at 12-2. First 12-0 run I've ever gotten.

Packs were bad, but I got 2 packs and like 300-400 gold. Finally can say I have a 12-0 run after playing the game for so long.

And yeah I know it's mage but I don't care.

Dreavus

I've gotten maybe 5 or 6 12 win runs, but they have always been at 12-2. First 12-0 run I've ever gotten.

Packs were bad, but I got 2 packs and like 300-400 gold. Finally can say I have a 12-0 run after playing the game for so long.

And yeah I know it's mage but I don't care.

Mage or Paladin man, that's how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom