• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

1423595072-1.jpg

....now I love Cho. that coin got passed 3-4 times all ending in my favor, the poor priest didn't expect that thing on turn two, Cho was basically a constant counterspell, I suspect the opponent was very annoyed to see Cho on ladder rank 15. He couldn't even hit me once xD

Magnus

Got a Bolvar (paladin's my first complete class now, go figure lol) and two Recombobulators out of a couple packs today. They're pretty useful for dealing with nearly dead or silenced minions, yeah?

Rounding out the collection. Got some dust to blow now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Got a Bolvar (paladin's my first complete class now, go figure lol) and two Recombobulators out of a couple packs today. They're pretty useful for dealing with nearly dead or silenced minions, yeah?

Recombobulator is used in some priest decks, mostly because of shadow madness and Cabal Shadow Priest.

Pooya

next match... it's another Priest, ahahahha

1423596751-6.jpg

Cho'd, two holy novas in my hands, Cho kinda works well in a mech mage deck and it's so fun.

I've seen Handlocks use them since Giants are the only cards that have their cost, so it's guaranteed. They could also be used if you like to use Bomblobbers or Healbots since they're 3/3 and close to any five cost card is going to be better than them. At least twice now I've Recombobulated into Leeroy and that's always good for a laugh.

Levi

Banned
Recombobulator is used in some priest decks, mostly because of shadow madness and Cabal Shadow Priest.

Recom is gaining popularity in ramp druid as well. When you're 5 5 is almost dead, creating a full health 7 drop can be very strong against aggro.

Tacitus_

Recom is gaining popularity in ramp druid as well. When you're 5 5 is almost dead, creating a full health 7 drop can be very strong against aggro.

Doesn't hurt that 11/16 of 7 drops are legendaries. I was watching a stream and they recombo'd their Boom to a fresh Boom :lol

Magnus

When it comes to the big neutral 'must-have' legendaries, these are my remaining ones to craft. Which do you guys think should be prioritized?

Harrison Jones
Gazlowe
The Black Knight
Sneed's Old Shredder (kind of want to bite here anyway since it's fun)
Alexstrasza
Ysera

Already have Dr. Boom, Sylvanas, Rag, Troggdor, and Cairne.

-

Just tried out the Mech Shaman deck everyone's raving about against a couple of Mech mages on ladder and got stomped....lol

I'm noticing something pretty basic - the person who gets the first minion on the board pretty much dictates the fight in this meta. Especially the mech heavy meta lately....and especially against a mech mage. That, or you get real fucking lucky with a board clear later. Is it that simple?

I've seen Handlocks use them since Giants are the only cards that have their cost, so it's guaranteed. They could also be used if you like to use Bomblobbers or Healbots since they're 3/3 and close to any five cost card is going to be better than them. At least twice now I've Recombobulated into Leeroy and that's always good for a laugh.

That's brilliant

Harrison is probably the most value, and Black Knight is pretty good too. Alex is necessary for Control Warrior and Ysera might be strong in the meta at a later date.

I would recommend against Sneed's, because it's a massive pain in actual games since you need to have some way to deal with sylvanas in your hand before you can play it

JesseZao

When it comes to the big neutral 'must-have' legendaries, these are my remaining ones to craft. Which do you guys think should be prioritized?

Harrison Jones
Gazlowe
The Black Knight
Alexstrasza
Ysera

Harry
Sneeds (edge over TBK because I have more fun with the card :) )
TBK
Alex
Gazlowe
Ysera

If you want to play Control Warrior you could move Ysera and Alex up, but Harry is probably the undisputed next craft of those.

I haven't played with Gazlowe much, so my ranking of him may be too low.

I would do Alex first of you can actually make use of it in your decks (have the supporting cast of cards).

Otherwise of those the tech cards are probably the best right now.

In general Black Knight > Harrison I think, but they're very close and it'll change daily with the meta. Right now there's fewer Druids and a lot of Oil Rogue, so Harrison might be better.

Magnus

Thanks for the input guys. I'm toying with crafting some necessary epics instead (or in addition). Prep for Rogue, etc. To really make those decks viable. I have just about 5000 dust.

I think Harrison's a must do I guess.

Fuck mill druid. Annoying as shit to play against, even if you win.

I think I just played my first one. Dude just forces you into crazy draw. I lost a Mech Warper to it just now and the salt levels overflowed.

Crushed his ass after he Tree of Life'd the board twice, thanks to the unexpected Al'akir I snuck into this mech deck, haha.

Rank 6 already now. Might actually make the push for legend this month, but I think I'm done for today.

Ooze is clutch vs. Oil Rogues since I don't have Harrison. Really can help swing it back in your favor if you're getting dunked. Though Paladin is typically a bad matchup, just crushed one because he didn't have the right cards at all. A fan that came way too late, no blade flurries, no saps, etc.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Harrison Jones
Gazlowe
The Black Knight
Alexstrasza
Ysera

Already have Dr. Boom, Sylvanas, Rag, Troggdor, and Cairne.

I would go with Black Knight. Harrison is a dead card in a lot of match ups, but the enemy almost always has some taunt, so he is a very safe inclusion in a deck.

That's brilliant
I run one in my Handlock deck and it always gets value as healing or upgrading.

Molten => Molten
Mountain => Mountain or Clockwork

In a recent match I used it on a Heal Bot and got the 6/6 Stealthed Rogue ogre who ended up doing some good work.

He's also great in arena, especially with Force Tank since it and Ironbark are the only non-legendary 8 drops.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
First match in arena going against paladin. Double shielded mini bot open into kings. Face rushing and taunts.

That minion is so fucking annoying.

Just wanted to update that that minion is, in fact, pretty good. At least a lot better than Acidic Ooze. Went from low 17 to high 15 after making that replacement.

I also replaced BGH and Acolyte of pain with a couple Scarlet Purifiers, using my last 200 dust, to help with hunter rushes. Haven't been able to use it for that purpose yet, but I got to use it against a Dr. Boom. It's sort of nice to battlecry the bombs away, at least. Saves up your minion's attack turns for other uses.

JesseZao

I would go with Black Knight. Harrison is a dead card in a lot of match ups, but the enemy almost always has some taunt, so he is a very safe inclusion in a deck.

Only problem with that is you can dump Harry turn 5 if you are against a non-weapon class. Harry is cheaper and less likely to clog your hand.

Magnus

I run one in my Handlock deck and it always gets value as healing or upgrading.

Molten => Molten
Mountain => Mountain or Clockwork

In a recent match I used it on a Heal Bot and got the 6/6 Stealthed Rogue ogre who ended up doing some good work.

He's also great in arena, especially with Force Tank since it and Ironbark are the only non-legendary 8 drops.

It maintains the same rarity? Or could a 7 common be recombob'd into Dr. Balance for example?

It maintains the same rarity? Or could a 7 common be recombob'd into Dr. Balance for example?

It becomes any card of the same mana value, which is why it's so useful for priests who can steal things with shadow madness or cabal. Recombobulating a stolen healbot into a sludge belcher or earth elemental is pretty fun. I wouldn't recommend it outside of priest or handlock, though, since it's not much use if you're behind so it ends up being a win-more card. I don't think even a lot of priests run it nowadays even though it has the potential for extreme value

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

It can do anything in the same cost. You can recombob a Sea Giant into Deathwing.(which is actually 50/50, lol)

Important to note it's not like you actually play that minion/benefit from a battlecry. If you got Dr. Balanced he would just be the vanilla body, so basically the same as rolling a War Golem.

Dahbomb

Went 10 wins the next Arena run. I was going 10 wins without loss and then the last 3 games were all Paladins against same guy with a ridiculous deck. Had basically constructed deck with Secret turn 1, Knife Juggler turn 2, Muster for Battle turn 3, coin Quarter Master, Arcane Golem for the finish. All 3 games he got Muster for Battle out an and all 3 games the game was ended in under 7 turns. My deck was strongest in the 9 to 10 turn because I had stuff like , Flamestrike into Alextrasza into Pyroblast or Fireball.

I can't tell you guys how many times I cheesed out a win with Alex plus Pyro combo. That deck was nuts, among the best I have ever constructed in Arena. It also had Fel Reaver which definitely got me enough damage/attention on board to survive until those turns. Fel Reaver has the psychological effect on the opponent where they are compelled to play everything in their hand to make you burn cards ... but that just leads to a Flamestrike and them losing the game.

The 0-3 games I suffered were similar to the last 3 losses I suffered in the 10 win run. They got some ridiculous combo out at the start and the game ended before Flamestrike was a factor.

It becomes any card of the same mana value, which is why it's so useful for priests who can steal things with shadow madness or cabal. Recombobulating a stolen healbot into a sludge belcher or earth elemental is pretty fun. I wouldn't recommend it outside of priest or handlock, though, since it's not much use if you're behind so it ends up being a win-more card. I don't think even a lot of priests run it nowadays even though it has the potential for extreme value

Recombobulator is even good outside of those decks. At the very least it is a heal for 2 mana and sometimes gaining a lot of value. It is more of a control card.

I haven't gotten a chance to run it yet unfortuneately, outside of arena. I do want a pair.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This Mech Shaman on Hearthpwn is pretty fun, was losing a lot at first but now I'm climbing pretty quickly. I swapped out the two drakes for MC Techs, helps deal with opposing aggro

Sblargh

Banned
I just started playing and don't even have a legendary yet.

The feeling right now is that playing priest is the only way to level the field. :X

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

The feeling right now is that playing priest is the only way to level the field. :X

If you want to level the field, play hunter and go for face. You can build a decent deck with the starting cards, and the more meta cards to make a face rush deck are mostly cheap commons.

CRS

If you have some money to spend, Curse of Naxxramas is really solid that provides a lot of great cards.

Dragner

As other said, hunter or warlock are good classes to start. Because Facehunter and zoo uses a lot of basic cards. But are plane decks and for my taste not very fun. But good for climbing ladder if thats what you want.

Dragner

Thanks for the tips. Priest feels kind of boring to play and I usually favor playing control on TCGs.

I love playing control the problem is control decks are the most expensive...maybe you could take a look at freeze mage lists. They dont use almost legendaries (bloodmage thalnos is easily replaceable and alexstrasza is not even mandatory), and only a few epics (ice block and pyroblast).

Also I recommend you picking naxxramas. Its good value lots of good cards and even when you can buy it for gold, I recommend you using money and expending that gold on packs, you will get more cards that way.

Sblargh

Banned
I love playing control the problem is control decks are the most expensive...maybe you could take a look at freeze mage lists. They dont use almost legendaries (bloodmage thalnos is easily replaceable and alexstrasza is not even mandatory), and only a few epics (ice block and pyroblast).

Also I recommend you picking naxxramas. Its good value lots of good cards and even when you can buy it for gold, I recommend you using money and expending that gold on packs, you will get more cards that way.

I buy naxxramas with money and then I get gold by doing it? Sounds good, yeah.

Dragner

I buy naxxramas with money and then I get gold by doing it? Sounds good, yeah.

I mean, naxxramas cost a ton of gold, with that gold you could buy packs that are worth more than the money price of naxxramas.

And naxxramas gives you Kel thuzad and Loatheb 2 of the best legendaries in the game.

mxgt

Banned

Harrison is still a decent body and he's so valuable against Rogue, Shaman and Paladin which are rather popular at the moment.

It's hard to pick between them, though. That's why I run both in my Paladin deck.

Szadek

I made it rank 5 with my shaman deck,only to drop to rank 8 this week.
Now I'm stuck at rank 8.I guess it's time to play another class,because I'm not getting anywhere with this deck.

I guess I was just very luck that I made it to rank 5 in the first place.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have been running aggro mech priest. Works really well. Velens chosen is great for buffing micro machine or annoy-o tron. Adding 2 health and drawing a card for one mana can put your mechwarper out of harms way. Also upgraded repair bot is great too.

All of that along with the standard priest goodies makes this deck great.

Magnus

I have been running aggro mech priest. Works really well. Velens chosen is great for buffing micro machine or annoy-o tron. Adding 2 health and drawing a card for one mana can put your mechwarper out of harms way. Also upgraded repair bot is great too.

I'd love to try this but a pack hasn't yielded a damned Shadowboxer yet. I just know that if I craft a couple I'll get them in packs next....lol

embalm

I've been wanting to try this. There are so many good priest cards that aren't mechs, which do you drop to fit in your mechs?

Special C

I just went 10 wins with a Druid and had no Swipes or Warths. It didn't look like a great deck but I had a Watcher and a DotF with tons of ways to activate them both. DotF is really an MVP if you have enough beasts.

I've decided the way to draft druid is just enough early game to get you by and load up on fatties. I had a Ancient of War, Ironbark, 2 Mech-Bear Cats, Force Tank max, and a DotF. Opponents just didn't have enough answers

Special C

I agree with this. But I still think Harrison is better in this meta though. 5/4 is better than 4/5 right now and he's a mana cheaper,so the body is much better. His impact is also higher when you play a matchup you can use him (which is a lot of matchups right now).

That being said I'd still craft Black Knight, because I think it's a better card overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom