• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

I think the interesting part about fel reaver is that it really does make card draw valuable since you're gonna run out of cards faster than you can fill your hand anyway. At the same time it means your aggression is lowered because you're drawing cards. But with the right deck I can see this working out despite being kinda counter intuitive and a bit wonky at times.

I saw a druid running fel reaver play kibler though, and he had set it up so his wailing soul silenced the reaver and his ogre the same turn. Pretty neat.

I'd love to be able to show games of it, it's pretty interesting how people (don't) deal with it and just try to burn you by making un-optimal plays. Haven't run into someone freezing it yet though, that could be the hard counter, no silence in the deck.

If anyone's on my friendlist on EU, I can ping you when I continue with it tomorrow. worakl#2366 for you others.

Majine

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_w5q6RkQeY

This is an interesting situation (it's a setup but still).

So basically the Mistress of Pain will "attempt" to heal the warlock, but because of Auchenai it deals damage instead. That I understand, but then it will keep trying it and failing into infinity. I would've never expecting it to work like that. No other card that I've seen tries to "redo" itself. It will just deal damage once and that's it.

JesseZao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_w5q6RkQeY

This is an interesting situation (it's a setup but still).

So basically the Mistress of Pain will "attempt" to heal the warlock, but because of Auchenai it deals damage instead. That I understand, but then it will keep trying it and failing into infinity. I would've never expecting it to work like that. No other card that I've seen tries to "redo" itself. It will just deal damage once and that's it.

You missed our entire page about this, ha.

So this is the mech priest deck I made. First draft but I am 12-3.

What do you think of it?

Hearthstone_Screenshot_2_11_2015_21_26_31.png

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd love to try this but a pack hasn't yielded a damned Shadowboxer yet. I just know that if I craft a couple I'll get them in packs next....lol

I've been wanting to try this. There are so many good priest cards that aren't mechs, which do you drop to fit in your mechs?

I run my mech priest like this

s3IvJ61.png

I just killed a handlock on turn 5. Was glorious. Micro machine is the MVP. If you can power word shield or velens chosen that little guy then he is going to do work.

So I have a control warrior down to 5 hp... alex used... 6 minions on board, with back up... he gets a fucking doomsayer.... off my shredder and now I have lost.

edit:
That game was just played so perfectly by me and sooo shitty by him... like terrible. Doomsayer off shredder... is like... his only out. fml

JesseZao

So I have a control warrior down to 5 hp... alex used... 6 minions on board, with back up... he gets a fucking doomsayer.... off my shredder and now I have lost.

edit:
That game was just played so perfectly by me and sooo shitty by him... like terrible. Doomsayer off shredder... is like... his only out. fml

I swear Lorewalker Cho and Doomsayer are hiding in 50% of all shredders.

CRS

I swear Lorewalker Cho and Doomsayer are hiding in 50% of all shredders.

100% agree, even more so with Cho. Although, I destroyed a Frost Mage because of the Cho. The mage refused to use any spell to get rid of it so I wouldn't get it. By the time they pinged it away, it was too late.

JesseZao

100% agree, even more so with Cho. Although, I destroyed a Frost Mage because of the Cho. The mage refused to use any spell to get rid of it so I wouldn't get it. By the time they pinged it away, it was too late.

Cho seems to be way over-represented. I'll concede Doomsayer to confirmation bias, but I KNOW I've seen Cho more than any other 2-drop.

This needs to be something that tracker programs start tracking.

Cho seems to be way over-represented. I'll concede Doomsayer to confirmation bias, but I KNOW I've seen Cho more than any other 2-drop.

This needs to be something that tracker programs start tracking.

I see Nat Pagle a lot, too. I played a Druid the other day that had board control, so I couldn't clear his Pagle. God damn thing drew him a card on 6 consecutive turns. I kept thinking, "Well, there's other more important stuff that needs to get killed first, and there's no way that Pagle draws another card." Nope. Mother fucker kept reeling 'em in.

CRS

Notable Legendaries to get:

Cenarius (Druid)
Archmage Antonidas (Mage) (ResidentSleeper)
Grommash Hellscream (Warrior)

Harrison Jones
The Black Knight
Sneed's Old Shredder?
Alexstrasza
Ysera

What would be the top two to get?

Leaning towards Harrison and Alexstrasza at the moment. Would appreciate input on which two.

Been playing a lot of Druid and Rogue lately. Cenarius is something I'm considering but I'd rather get the Neutral cards first.

br3wnor

Definitely Harrison. For the other, I'd say TBK > Sneed > Alex in terms of neutrals.

If you're gonna play a lot of Druid, Cenarious is good too.

Visceir

Had an alright hunter run in the arena. Tempted to just pick it over mage next time as my mage runs seem to go quite badly.

The weapons and all the monster removals help quite a bit.

Magnus

I am having an ugly fucking time with Kripp's Greed Priest after all in this meta....like, I think 0-10 with it now.

Having a ball with Mech Priest, Mech Shaman, and a solid midrange Paladin.

ViviOggi

Not sure why you'd want to copy the decks Kripp builds when he's bored, plays three games at rank 16 with before saltily going back to arena

SteveWD40

Finished a crappy arena run (4-3) half awake at 6:45am, opened my pack and got Vol'Jin

:D

I love Priest so will try and put a mid range deck together.

Also, I assume it's worth dusting King Krush?

Fixed1979

Finished a crappy arena run (4-3) half awake at 6:45am, opened my pack and got Vol'Jin

:D

I love Priest so will try and put a mid range deck together.

Also, I assume it's worth dusting King Krush?

Personally I never dust anything that I don't have a duplicate of...that said I can't imagine I time will come when you go to make a new deck and find yourself upset because you dusted KK.

Sorry, I thought he was a good player. I like seeing how top players' decks work to try and learn more.

That's a bit of a tough deck to play regardless, though it's fun as hell and can work really well if you have enough patience . I had some fun using it for a few games though it's quite a bit more passive than I normally like my decks to be.

I actually tried out Trumps variation Rogue deck last night, I never play rogue and went on a disastrous loosing streak, need to track down an easier deck to play so I can get a better handle on the mechanics as I made some incredible misplays and spent alot of my turns going to the rope burn trying to calculate damage and the best play. This will be the weekend of the Rogue...advice would be welcome!

Notable Legendaries to get:

Cenarius (Druid)
Archmage Antonidas (Mage) (ResidentSleeper)
Grommash Hellscream (Warrior)

Harrison Jones
The Black Knight
Sneed's Old Shredder?
Alexstrasza
Ysera

What would be the top two to get?

Leaning towards Harrison and Alexstrasza at the moment. Would appreciate input on which two.

Been playing a lot of Druid and Rogue lately. Cenarius is something I'm considering but I'd rather get the Neutral cards first.

If you want to go neutral I'd flip a coin between TBK and Harrison, the utility of these two really depends on the weeks meta and what decks your running into the most, personally I'd think that these two would generally fit into more decks than the others you have listed.

Majine

Banned
You know you beat their morale when they friend you just to say what they do to my mother and then immediately unfriend me. And because I accept them, I partake in my own abuse.

mxgt

Banned
You know you beat their morale when they friend you just to say what they do to my mother and then immediately unfriend me. And because I accept them, I partake in my own abuse.

I got abused by a mech mage the other day calling my deck cheap

Brought a tear to my eye.

It's the only abuse I've ever received, I wish I got more.

Magnus

After a dismal couple of days on the ladder, I've gone full throttle with Paladin, embracing the fact that the game has given me all the cards in that class set.

Now I've gone 10 wins in a row from 19 up to 14. lol. This game.

Muster for Battle -> Quartermaster -> Bolvar if they all die. It's so fun and so good.

This class really has so many answers to so many problems, lol.

Just a heads up, posted the thread for the new NA tournament. Doesn't start until the 20th so no rush on signing up but if you're interested you now have lots of time to figure out your decks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=990056

BTW, I barely noticed this link/thread. Also I am thinking maybe there should be some kind of thread on the gaming forums cause I know a lot more people play hearthstone than the people who visit this thread on a regular basis. Might be a way to get more people involved. Just a thought.

br3wnor

He's decent at arena and one of the better casters imo but he has never put any effort into constructed play.

I've been watching a lot of HS streaming the past week and I can't really get into Kripp. He's a nice guy, but as soon as he starts losing a match, he starts complaining so much that I can't stick around for long.

So far my favorite streamer has probably been Ryzen even though he only does rogue. Strifeco I've enjoyed, I just wish he'd go a bit more in depth about his plays, but I get it since he doesn't want to give away all his knowledge/tactics. Amaz is fun too. Kolento is wild

mxgt

Banned
oh lel, what is your deck?

Was playing control paladin at the time with 2 LoH and a healbot so I basically healed him to death. He emote spammed quite a bit so I finished by using equality and running my superior board into his minions then KT'ing and greeting him. He conceded then added and insulted me.

That being said, I don't really understand the BM culture this game has. I only do it to mock someone who BM's me and I end up winning. More often than not if I don't concede people will BM finish. I blame Kripp.

After a dismal couple of days on the ladder, I've gone full throttle with Paladin, embracing the fact that the game has given me all the cards in that class set.

Now I've gone 10 wins in a row from 19 up to 14. lol. This game.

Muster for Battle -> Quartermaster -> Bolvar if they all die. It's so fun and so good.

This class really has so many answers to so many problems, lol.

I played Priest last week and got nowhere at rank 11 for three days, often de-ranking. I switched to Paladin and jumped to 9 within hours.

Priest feels really shitty at the moment, playing Paladin is really enjoyable because they have so many more answers. Priest is too reliable on combos I feel.

Magnus

I played Priest last week and got nowhere at rank 11 for three days, often de-ranking. I switched to Paladin and jumped to 9 within hours.

Priest feels really shitty at the moment, playing Paladin is really enjoyable because they have so many more answers. Priest is too reliable on combos I feel.

It really does feel shitty right now. S'gettin' me down, since I love the class. I just get spanked so handily while playing it.

Fixed1979

BTW, I barely noticed this link/thread. Also I am thinking maybe there should be some kind of thread on the gaming forums cause I know a lot more people play hearthstone than the people who visit this thread on a regular basis. Might be a way to get more people involved. Just a thought.

I did ask Minsc about moving the thread to the Gaming side during the last tournament. I believe he discussed it with a couple other mods and they felt it was a better fit on the community side, though he did say he would move it over if people didn't take enough notice...it would also prevent the "shitting up" of this thread as I know some Euros didn't take well to me posting reminders for a NA tourney in this thread every day. On Monday I was also planning on sending a PM everyone who played in the last tournament and hasn't signed up for this one yet.

We'll give it through the weekend to see how it shakes down, but I agree having it on the gaming side would probably result in more entries...though I'm sure it would also fall off the first page within seconds.

So far my favorite streamer has probably been Ryzen even though he only does rogue. Strifeco I've enjoyed, I just wish he'd go a bit more in depth about his plays, but I get it since he doesn't want to give away all his knowledge/tactics. Amaz is fun too. Kolento is wild

The guy makes my skin crawl. The way he talks so fast, and almost every phrase out of his mouth is "i think this is fine." (regarding plays he is making)

I like ryzen. Amaz... I dunno... lately even I have started to not really care to watch his streams. It isn't helping that I often end up watching him do arena runs at the end of his stream. I'd rather watch him play constructed.

Special C

Has anyone tried that 'beast synergy' Hunter deck on hearthpwn? I played one casual match where it worked pretty well. Wondering if you guys have any experience.

Yes, i went 7-1 with it. But I started at Rank 21 so W/L may not be the best indicator of how good the deck is. It's way more fun to play with than Face Hunter though.

embalm

That being said, I don't really understand the BM culture this game has. I only do it to mock someone who BM's me and I end up winning. More often than not if I don't concede people will BM finish. I blame Kripp.
I think I BM a lot, but I didn't really think of it that way at first. I even interpreted most people's Bad Manners as legitimate fun unless they spam or rope out.

Here are the ways I totally BM without meaning too:
I will "well played" if I think I lost, which could be confused with cockiness.
I will "sorry" or "oops" if the person misses lethal or makes a bad trade.
I will almost always rope out when facing lethal, desperately looking for an answer in my hand, if I don't have it I will concede. Obviously this is only a problem when I actually have a lot of cards/combos in hand.

Worst of all, I can't pass up a big combo. Even if I have lethal with minions on board I enjoy playing out the combo. If it's really long, I skip it, but usually I will use my mana even if I don't have too. Especially for card draws to see what is next and sometimes for trades with the minion summon death rattles just to see what's in the box.

CRS

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I've crafted Harrison and will wait a little longer to decide on the other. Going to play a bit more constructed and hopefully that'll help me decide on the second card.

Thanks again.

Xanathus

Yeah it was mentioned in the last tourney that it should have been posted in Gaming side. The one worry I have is that it may be too hard to manage the tourney if there are too many participants (like 3 times the number of the last one). I feel that the last tourney already went too long / had too much waiting in between matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom