• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

You don't. It's a joke card from the credits.

Credits? Did they play after Naxx was complete? I can't even remember, lol.

Also, the way comments were talking about the card on one of the sites, it sounded like it made a loud noise when it was played....or was that just a joke? lol

JesseZao

Credits? Did they play after Naxx was complete? I can't even remember, lol.

Also, the way comments were talking about the card on one of the sites, it sounded like it made a loud noise when it was played....or was that just a joke? lol

Credits Button in Options sub-menu.

Edit: I found a bug while checking that. When you load the game and your quest appears, you can open the menu and click on options, credits. The credits begin to play, but the screen is blurred out from the quest pop-up. Even after you exit the credits, click on display options, menu, or enter a game mode, the game window remains blurred.

Edit: Simpler steps:

1. Open client.

2. Click on the menu cog as soon as you see it (or at least before quest pops-up).

3. Wait for quest pop-up and the blurred background to appear.

4. Now click on credits.

5. The credits will start, but the screen remains blurry.

6. You have to close the client and reopen it to fix this.

Magnus

Ah, cool!

Rocking it quite hard with this deck right now, but would love suggestions to make it even stronger. Thoughts?

Bolvar's amazing when he winds up in my hand early (which seems to happen more often than you'd think), especially if he gets pumped up by plenty of Silver Hand Recruits dying. But in other games where he arrives late, he's pretty worthless. Maybe swap in a different legendary with more impact, like Rag or Sylvanas?

Also, I almost never find myself in an ideal situation to play Lay on Hands. You can really only safely play it if you have board control or if your board is clear, and even then, it really just makes sense to play something to get board control. 8 mana is a lot to spend without impacting the board, imo. I might ditch it.

KNqs03W.png

+ Tirion Fordring
+ Sneed's Old Shredder

Skab

Is there a good place to read up on starter decks? I really have many cards outside the basics, and the one deck I did make after following a guide just gets destroyed by anyone that has any number of the new GvG cards, which makes me think it's outdated.

Levi

Banned
Pulled a golden dark whispers (the only druid epic I was missing) and excited to blow people's minds playing 5 golden wisps.
12298.png

Is there a good place to read up on starter decks? I really have many cards outside the basics, and the one deck I did make after following a guide just gets destroyed by anyone that has any number of the new GvG cards, which makes me think it's outdated.

You can try looking up F2P decks on Hearthpwn and making substitutions based on what you do and don't have. I imagine a lot of them probably include some lower rarity GvG cards though.

My HP Stream 7 came in... For $80 this thing is actually a very nice entry level tablet for Hearthstone. Yeah, you have to run it on low settings, but it does so at native resolution at 30fps. It's also a monster at streaming with whatever it uses as a hardware decoder, watching Trump's stream at 60fps is a thing of beauty.

Dragner

Ah, cool!

Rocking it quite hard with this deck right now, but would love suggestions to make it even stronger. Thoughts?

Bolvar's amazing when he winds up in my hand early (which seems to happen more often than you'd think), especially if he gets pumped up by plenty of Silver Hand Recruits dying. But in other games where he arrives late, he's pretty worthless. Maybe swap in a different legendary with more impact, like Rag or Sylvanas?

Also, I almost never find myself in an ideal situation to play Lay on Hands. You can really only safely play it if you have board control or if your board is clear, and even then, it really just makes sense to play something to get board control. 8 mana is a lot to spend without impacting the board, imo. I might ditch it.

KNqs03W.png

+ Tirion Fordring
+ Sneed's Old Shredder

Shielded minibot is amazing, I would probably cut Avenge and something more to make them room. Also like piloted Shreder in this deck, but I was playin as a tech Scarlet purifier, it wrecks deathrattle decks and has a good body by itself. Im not in love with the blessings and Bolvar is kind of a dude that does nothing, yeah it can be giant but...thats it.

mxgt

Banned
Ah, cool!

+ Tirion Fordring
+ Sneed's Old Shredder

Without LOH you have no healing and Hammer of Wrath/BOW (not a fan) as your only card draw. It's an essential card for Paladin I feel. Even if you're behind it can get you back in the game, I've drawn equality + consecrate from it before and turned the game around.

Also, Sylvanas over Bolvar any day of the week.

Also also, get the second truesilver in there!

VoxPop

Yeah I really wish they would buff Nozdormu. Even if they dropped his stats considerably, at least make him a 6-7 mana card. I hate waiting around for the entire rope for them to make a move in which most cases, it wasn't even anything crazy.

Norzdomu with a Mogor and a shit ton of divine shields, taunts and a Kel Thuzad out there would be a nightmare for anyone.

My Hunter class can't deal with Mage. So many spells keep killing my minions.

I'm having a hard time playing Hunter this season, and I think I'm going to abandon it because the good cards like Webspinner are locked behind the story content.

I have a good list of Mage cards, but it sounds too easy to play, as Mage is seemingly very powerful.

Maybe I'll try out Priest.

What do you guys think? Any advice against Mages?

Magnus

Shielded minibot is amazing, I would probably cut Avenge and something more to make them room. Also like piloted Shreder in this deck, but I was playin as a tech Scarlet purifier, it wrecks deathrattle decks and has a good body by itself. Im not in love with the blessings and Bolvar is kind of a dude that does nothing, yeah it can be giant but...thats it.

Noted! Although, I do have two Shielded Minibots in there already haha.

Without LOH you have no healing and Hammer of Wrath/BOW (not a fan) as your only card draw. It's an essential card for Paladin I feel. Even if you're behind it can get you back in the game, I've drawn equality + consecrate from it before and turned the game around.

Also, Sylvanas over Bolvar any day of the week.

Also also, get the second truesilver in there!

Yeah, I guess I'll swap ol' Bolvar out. I guess I just dig the surprise element. No one sees it coming. Sylvanas it is. I really got soured on her for awhile, though. 9 times out of 10 she got Silenced right away. Felt like such a waste, haha. Although I realize she ate the silence which helped out.

I'll toss Lay on Hands back in. Regarding the second Truesilver though: I did feel overburdened with weaponry when I had it in. One Coghammer, two Truesilvers and potential Ashbringer via Tirion, AND two 1/4 Light's Justice's from the Musters. It's too much. Some situations called for bringing a weapon out and overwriting another. Isn't 5 weapons too much? I recognize Truesilver's the best of the lot though.

Also, what would you recommend dumping?

Also, don't you guys find BOW a useful way to immobilize an enemy target? It's really crippled some of my opponents.

egruntz

shelaughz

I don't understand Kel Thuzad in this deck. Not very many prominent minions of note. Bolvar seems dead. Tirion instead. x2 shielded...good... x2 Muster, but only x1 Knife. Eh. Increase the synergy. x1 silence, nice, but maybe the 4 drop silencer would be better, as you have no 4 drops at all. On that note: You need 4 drops.

Faceless Manipulator is too reactionary IMO. x2 Quartermaster x2 Muster, you're going for the agro here. Something that innately impacts the board may be more useful. No suggestions at this time.

EDIT: Cult Master as your 4 drop. Good engine for card draw with Muster.

Magnus

I don't understand Kel Thuzad in this deck. Not very many prominent minions of note. Bolvar seems dead. Tirion instead. x2 shielded...good... x2 Muster, but only x1 Knife. Eh. Increase the synergy. x1 silence, nice, but maybe the 4 drop silencer would be better, as you have no 4 drops at all. On that note: You need 4 drops.

Faceless Manipulator is too reactionary IMO. x2 Quartermaster x2 Muster, you're going for the agro here. Something that innately impacts the board may be more useful. No suggestions at this time.

I had Tirion and Sneed's in there too, got cut off. What's "x1 knife?" The Truesilver? I guess it's just accepted that two of those have to go into every Paladin deck, eh? Haha. Alright. It's going back in.

You're right about the 4-drop. Although I"ve never been out of things to do on that turn, haha.

Faceless seemed like an awesome auto-include, because of it's ability to either immediately level the playing field at a disadvantage, or double up on something awesome you have. Fair enough, though.

Thanks guys!

egruntz

shelaughz
I had Tirion and Sneed's in there too, got cut off. What's "x1 knife?" The Truesilver? I guess it's just accepted that two of those have to go into every Paladin deck, eh? Haha. Alright. It's going back in.

You're right about the 4-drop. Although I"ve never been out of things to do on that turn, haha.

Faceless seemed like an awesome auto-include, because of it's ability to either immediately level the playing field at a disadvantage, or double up on something awesome you have. Fair enough, though.

Thanks guys!

Knife Juggler.

I made this deck for you during my lunch break at work. Sorry for not noticing you already had Tirion and Sneed's.

x2 Trusilver isn't auto-include for me. I think 2 weapons maximum, and I think Coghammer offers significant value. Muster also provides the wimpy weapon x2 anyway. Too much weapons is bad, unless you're Warrior.

I tried to keep the concept of your deck the same, although I chose to focus more on the synergy between Muster, Knife Juggler, Cult Master, and Noble Sacrifice. Ysera is there to ensure card draw engine in late game, but of course, feel free to alter anything you feel. Just suggestions. Maybe Dr. Boom instead of Ysera.

Magnus

Knife Juggler.

I made this deck for you during my lunch break at work. Sorry for not noticing you already had Tirion and Sneed's.

x2 Trusilver isn't auto-include for me. I think 2 weapons maximum, and I think Coghammer offers significant value. Muster also provides the wimpy weapon x2 anyway. Too much weapons is bad, unless you're Warrior.

I tried to keep the concept of your deck the same, although I chose to focus more on the synergy between Muster, Knife Juggler, Cult Master, and Noble Sacrifice. Ysera is there to ensure card draw engine in late game, but of course, feel free to alter anything you feel. Just suggestions. Maybe Dr. Boom instead of Ysera.

Oh, duh, Knife Juggler, haha. Thanks man.

Also, no BGH or Ysera here. I guess I should really be crafting a BGH....eh?

ViviOggi

I'll toss Lay on Hands back in. Regarding the second Truesilver though: I did feel overburdened with weaponry when I had it in. One Coghammer, two Truesilvers and potential Ashbringer via Tirion, AND two 1/4 Light's Justice's from the Musters. It's too much. Some situations called for bringing a weapon out and overwriting another. Isn't 5 weapons too much? I recognize Truesilver's the best of the lot though.

Light's Justice is mainly a bonus outside of early trading vs aggro, it's fine to waste a few charges or even the entire weapon if the situation calls for it. Ashbringer doesn't come out conistently enough to be a factor, at worst you'll just dump your leftover Trusilver charge into face.

egruntz

shelaughz
BGH is not a requirement for a paladin who runs 2x equality. Plus he has 2 aldor peacekeepers.

Equality shouldn't be used on a single target. That's bad value. Equality is there because Paladin's only tools for board clear are that and Consecration/Avenging Wrath. Aldors are worthless against cards that are used for effects, such as Ragnaros. x1BGH is pretty essential. Having at least one crafted is definitely needed, as it's got a place in virtually every deck right now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah I really wish they would buff Nozdormu. Even if they dropped his stats considerably, at least make him a 6-7 mana card. I hate waiting around for the entire rope for them to make a move in which most cases, it wasn't even anything crazy.

Norzdomu with a Mogor and a shit ton of divine shields, taunts and a Kel Thuzad out there would be a nightmare for anyone.

I don't understand why Nozdormu's effect is symmetrical. I don't think he'd OP if he only affected your opponent. At 9 mana a card needs to do a lot. And Nozdormu does basically nothing.

Equality shouldn't be used on a single target. That's bad value. Equality is there because Paladin's only tools for board clear are that and Consecration/Avenging Wrath. Aldors are worthless against cards that are used for effects, such as Ragnaros. x1BGH is pretty essential. Having at least one crafted is definitely needed, as it's got a place in virtually every deck right now.

If you're spending 2 mana and a recruit to take something big out, it isn't bad value. Its 4 mana vs something like 7-8 mana. Trust me, I've been playing paladin at a high level for months and hit legend with it.

Aldors are definitely not worthless vs ragnaros. You can easily silence rag first, and then aldor it or stampeding kodo. Or if a silence or kodo is not available, then you can kill rag off without losing your board in the process. Ragnaros is one of the least threatening huge minions against paladin becuase of the many answers paladin runs, like equality.

I never said BGH is never used in paladin. It certainly isn't staple and was rarely ran in paladin prior to gvg due to every paladin running double equality. Now some paladins have dropped 1 equality and have picked up 1 BGH. Some have both (I run both currently), but it isn't essential that I do. I have more than enough answers to cards and very few decks even run ragnaros which is not even threatening to paladin in the first place due to their ability to stick minions on a board and get recruits to soak up shots. In short, rag is not even that good in this meta nor is it good against paladin even without BGH.

Dr. Boom is also a joke against my deck - most of the time - due to so many cards being good against it as I detailed earlier in the thread.

With paladin it seems so simple. I have like 6 cards that are good against Dr. Boom and 4 of them I would be running regardless of the meta. Those 4 cards are aldor peacekeeper and muster for battle. Aldor neutralizes the main body and muster just wrecks the booms and largely negates their deathrattle or at least minimizes it, and the light's justice lets me kill a boom bot immediately (two of each of those of course). Then I have 1 bgh, and 1 mct. Just strong cards for this meta even if dr. boom doesn't exist. Heck, add in equality and I have an additional 2 cards that is good against dr. boom. Even Kelthuzad is great against dr. boom.

Just to expand on why KT is good in this meta, is because of dr. boom not doing much the turn its played. That means any minions you have on board are going to survive. And unless you're going second and have wasted coin, KT is gonna hit the board and Dr. Boom is gonna die, maybe a bot lives, but your entire board comes back.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Gotta love RNG sometimes. I had one turn before defeat. Opponent had 20 hp and all I had is Grommash and whirlwind. I play them for the hell of it and get him to 10hp then end my turn. I forgot I played Iron Juggernaut earlier in the game and he draws the 10dmg landmine next turn and loses :D

Sblargh

Banned
Oh yeah. Found myself a legendary-free deck that got me from the limbo of rank 20 to rank 15 in one swoop with almost no losses.

It's a modified version of this:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/183838-v3-icypriest

I took out the two bears and put 2 of those little robots with shield. And I took the berseker and the acidic-something out and put 2 of those dudes that you buy a card when casting a spell (was very lucky to get those in packs).

I took the gnome that buys a card and put the girl who gets +attack every time someone is healed.

Sorry not knowing the name of the cards. I'm new to this stuff play the portuguese version and barely remember the names there,

But man, I thought rank 20 or so would be where the other noobs hang out with their basic decks. Peple are packed to the teeth with legendaries; there was a match where the guy played, in a row, a kel'thuzad; then a dr. boom; then a sylvanas and finally that thing that buys cards from dreams or whatever.

I won that match by pure force of top deck miracle.

so a while back someone mentioned trackobot (for mac) and i got it and liked it but someone also mentioned another program just curious what that other one was so i can see if i like it better. or anyone have a premade spreadsheet they use?

Dragner

RNG was my friend today when a shaman hit spellpower totem with hero power + crackle for max damage (7) on a doomsayer that was going to wipe his board being crackle his only card in hand.

I love this game sometimes.

Xanathus

Ugh, been playing midrange pally for practice and I'm losing to almost everything, but I have a 100% win rate vs oil rogues. This tells me that oil rogues is the worst deck among the top tier decks in the game at the moment Kappa

Visceir

Man, I always love it when I get a Gelbin Mekkatorque and one of his amazing inventions from an unstable portal. Especially if I get to echo it.

Wish I could just craft the card and keep it in my deck :(

ViviOggi

Man, I always love it when I get a Gelbin Mekkatorque and one of his amazing inventions from an unstable portal. Especially if I get to echo it.

Wish I could just craft the card and keep it in my deck :(
It's craftable, isn't it? Unless you're talking about justifying the 1600 dust, which one indeed can't.

The odds were probably similar to rolling a 4 on Imbaplosion.

He rolled a spellpower totem first, which complicates things but if there were no other hero power totems on board, it quickly becomes a 1/16th chance of happening the way it did and a 15/16 chance for him to basically lose if he doesn't have another burn card, or the mana to use it.

ViviOggi

He rolled a spellpower totem first, which complicates things but if there were no other hero power totems on board, it quickly becomes a 1/16th chance of happening the way it did and a 15/16 chance for him to basically lose if he doesn't have another burn card, or the mana to use it.
Oh, I was referring to the Blastmage situation. Crackle is utter bullshit and yolo spellpower totems aren't the epitome of skill either.

Oh, I was referring to the Blastmage situation. Crackle is utter bullshit and yolo spellpower totems aren't the epitome of skill either.

Oh I see. 20% chance to kill all 4 imps (assuming no other minions). 40% chance to kill 3. 60% to kill 2. 80% to kill atleast 1.

I've gotten the blastmage swings against me enough times to really try to avoid that happening... at least on turn 4 when they have a mech up already.

So for no particular reason whatsoever, what do you think the state of zoolock is in the current meta? Just want to know. Certainly don't want to play it in ranked.

So for no particular reason whatsoever, what do you think the state of zoolock is in the current meta? Just want to know. Certainly don't want to play it in ranked.

I haven't played zoolock much and from my own personal experience (just playing rogue in general) I feel like this isn't true, but I've read that zoo is good against the oil rogue deck.

Otherwise zoo is in a pretty iffy spot vs many top tier decks.

I've read demonlock is good against mechmage though. Look up justsaiyan's demonlock although it requires malganis.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
> Buy pack of cards to get 10 more dust
> Casually get a Legendary

Ok then. Sadly its a dupe, Neptulon. So, rather then just 45 dust, I'll get 400+!

I tossed together a Control Warrior. Missing some of the legendaries from the standard meta deck, but I think I got enough to make it viable:
genericWarrior.jpg

I just started playing this recently and got to lvl 10 with Jana ...am I only supposed to get one flame strike card? Seems like every other level unlock was 2 copies of a spell card

I just started playing this recently and got to lvl 10 with Jana ...am I only supposed to get one flame strike card? Seems like every other level unlock was 2 copies of a spell card

You should have gotten 2. If you only got one, then something is wrong. Best to double check in your collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom