• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed1979

Yeah it was mentioned in the last tourney that it should have been posted in Gaming side. The one worry I have is that it may be too hard to manage the tourney if there are too many participants (like 3 times the number of the last one). I feel that the last tourney already went too long / had too much waiting in between matches.

I'll agree that it definitely went on longer than it should have. Part of that was my fault, a few of the later rounds took longer than the rules allowed, once the first round was over I really didn't want to punish anyone for playing late games, but in hindsight probably should have been more strict. Since there's a maximum time frame that each round should be completed I can post the dates that each bracket should be completed and then just hold people to it, it gets complicated with the looser bracket though, perhaps it might be worth loosing the double elimination format and doing a single elimination best of 5 instead of best of 3, you might only get to play one round but the tournament is over quicker and the next one can be scheduled earlier...personally I don't really care for double elimination, I was just following the format of the previous GAF tournies. We also looked at the round robin format as then you can just go ahead and play games as your opponents are ready and that's still something that might be worth trying out.

Tacitus_

Hnngh, mill druid is apparently a lot worse than I thought. Thought it wouldn't fare against a deck that emptied its hand ASAP but nope. Double tree of life and double healing touch was just too much hp to get through.

E: and double healbot, that's a shitton of healing T_T

Hnngh, mill druid is apparently a lot worse than I thought. Thought it wouldn't fare against a deck that emptied its hand ASAP but nope. Double tree of life and double healing touch was just too much hp to get through.

E: and double healbot, that's a shitton of healing T_T

If you empty your hand too fast then poison seeds and FON is pretty punishing.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
YwQEWGw.png

This deck i found on hearthpwn called put your faith in the shock is pretty good, it's a face rush deck but somewhat more versatile with equality hammer of wrath and avenging wrath. The good thing it's that it costs like 2040 so everyone can try it, i personally been enjoying the deck a lot.

So I was thinking this game could use some kind of goofy/fun modes outside of constructed and Arena. Some of these would be broken as hell but that's kind of the point. Ideally you would get class XP but no gold or daily progress on these, some of the ones I thought of were -

Nozdormu Mode - Nozdormu is always active
Mogor the Ogre Mode - Mogor is always active
Jaraxxus Mode - Both players start as Jaraxxus

Random Mode - All cards will be random ones from your collection.
Class Unrestricted Random Mode - You can get class exclusive cards. (Obviously Doomhammer Druid or Master of Disguise + Mal'Ganis would be broken but whatever)

Boss Mode - Play as the Naxxramas or future bosses.
2v2 Mode - Don't ask me how this works.

Magnus

So I was thinking this game could use some kind of goofy/fun modes outside of constructed and Arena. Some of these would be broken as hell but that's kind of the point. Ideally you would get class XP but no gold or daily progress on these, some of the ones I thought of were -

Class Unrestricted Random Mode - You can get class exclusive cards. (Obviously Doomhammer Druid or Master of Disguise + Mal'Ganis would be broken but whatever)

Nozdormu mode for sure. Something with a faster time limit.

Magnus

Thought:

Would stealthing Mal'ganis with a spare part be the craziest defense ever?

2nd Thought:

Is this not the greatest golden/animated card? I'd actually be tempted to keep this one and not DE it.

12294.gif

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Thought:

Would stealthing Mal'ganis with a spare part be the craziest defense ever?

No, it would be Mal'ganis + Master of Disguise. The stealth spare part only lasts one turn.

That play wouldn't be indestructible, but extremely strong. Very few counters per class.

Druid: Poison Seeds
Hunter: Flare, Deadly Shot
Mage: Flamecannon/Flamestrike combos
Paladin: Equality combos (pyro, consecrate, avenging wrath)
Priest: Mass Dispel, Lightbomb
Rogue: Blade Flurry combo, Betrayal?, Sabotage, Ogre Ninja into fan?
Shaman: Spellpowered Lightning Storms
Warlock: Shadowflame, Fel Cannon, Twisting Nether, Possibly a mirror Mal'ganis?
Warrior: Ogre Warmaul (lol), Brawl, Bouncing Blade
Neutral: Doomsayer, Baron Rivendare 2x Explosive Sheep, Double Knife Juggler luck?, Demolisher, Tinkmaster, 2x Bomb Lobber, Madder Bomber luck, Sylvanas, Geddon, Lucky boom bots, Ragnaros., Double Ysera Awakens, Deathwing

ZealousD

I'm control warrior up against mech mage.

Turn 1: Coin out armorsmith. Mage plays Annoy-o-tron.
Turn 2: Fiery War axe. Kill Annoy-o-tron.

Mage concedes.

Dragner

Yesterday I had 2 Rogues insta-concede me as I armor up turn 2 with control warrior, I know is almost unwinnable for them, at least oil, miracle still has some chances, but is still funny how they dont even try...the few rogues that tried finished dying for fatigue with me at 35+ health. Matchup is easy just keep removal for violet teacher and azure drake and armor up all the time and they die alone.

Fixed1979

I've been working on leveling up my heroes on the european server, there's something refreshing about going back and playing basic decks. The super early ranks were interesting to say the least, usually I'm hoping my opponent makes a mistake, but it got to the point where I was hoping they'd make a good play (stop attacking my face and kill the minion).

What's the general consensus for starting fresh? I was going to save gold for Nax but I didn't realize how much it cost, now I'm thinking to just play arena but there's so many good Nax cards that I'd want...

Yesterday I had 2 Rogues insta-concede me as I armor up turn 2 with control warrior, I know is almost unwinnable for them, at least oil, miracle still has some chances, but is still funny how they dont even try...the few rogues that tried finished dying for fatigue with me at 35+ health. Matchup is easy just keep removal for violet teacher and azure drake and armor up all the time and they die alone.

I think the match up is very winnable for rogues. But the decks they are planning, namely oil rogue, may have a difficult time winning consistently. They run cards that just can't ever drain warrior's resources, like sap. Maybe if they ran shade they'd have an easier time. I have found that card invaluable against warriors.

The other thing is that they run 2x shiv and 2x fan of knives. Shiv is acceptable. Fan of knives is just terrible in the match up.

I'll be experimenting with my rogue decks again and I think I'll be able to take down warriors even though that won't be the goal of the deck.

Nobody really plays miracle anymore. Not sure what deck you're referring to, maybe it is the control rogue deck with dr. boom and rag?

Dragner

I think the match up is very winnable for rogues. But the decks they are planning, namely oil rogue, may have a difficult time winning consistently. They run cards that just can't ever drain warrior's resources, like sap. Maybe if they ran shade they'd have an easier time. I have found that card invaluable against warriors.

The other thing is that they run 2x shiv and 2x fan of knives. Shiv is acceptable. Fan of knives is just terrible in the match up.

I'll be experimenting with my rogue decks again and I think I'll be able to take down warriors even though that won't be the goal of the deck.

Nobody really plays miracle anymore. Not sure what deck you're referring to, maybe it is the control rogue deck with dr. boom and rag?

No it was miracle, it played coldlight oracle, leeroy, shadowstep, arcane golem,...

And yeah I agree with shade, its the best creature against me by far but the rogues I played didnt have it, and the one that did made the mistake of playing the 2/1 pirate and I finished both with the 2 dmg to 2 random minions spell.

No it was miracle, it played coldlight oracle, leeroy, shadowstep, arcane golem,...

And yeah I agree with shade, its the best creature against me by far but the rogues I played didnt have it, and the one that did made the mistake of playing the 2/1 pirate and I finished both with the 2 dmg to 2 random minions spell.

Sounds like Backspace's aggro Rogue actually, miracle wouldn't run coldlights.

That isn't miracle. That sounds like face rogue.

The miracle deck that runs southsea deckhand isn't really played anymore and is known as combo rogue.

Coldlight oracle is most often used in face rogues, same with arcane golem, leeroy, and even shadowstep now is mostly used only in face rogue.

Tonight I tried going back to rogue. I tried making a more minion centric anti-aggro deck to rank up on ladder, also to experiment with some possibilities for the upcoming gaf tournament. I'm still having a terrible time trying to figure out how to deal with dr. boom effectively (other than being so far ahead or just winning the game of course), even though I am running 1 bgh. With paladin it seems so simple. I have like 6 cards that are good against Dr. Boom and 4 of them I would be running regardless of the meta. Those 4 cards are aldor peacekeeper and muster for battle. Aldor neutralizes the main body and muster just wrecks the booms and largely negates their deathrattle or at least minimizes it, and the light's justice lets me kill a boom bot immediately (two of each of those of course). Then I have 1 bgh, and 1 mct. Just strong cards for this meta even if dr. boom doesn't exist. Heck, add in equality and I have an additional 2 cards that is good against dr. boom. Even Kelthuzad is great against dr. boom.

I'm giving up temporarily on making midrange/anti-aggro rogue work.

Dragner

That isn't miracle. That sounds like face rogue.

The miracle deck that runs southsea deckhand isn't really played anymore and is known as combo rogue.

Coldlight oracle is most often used in face rogues, same with arcane golem, leeroy, and even shadowstep now is mostly used only in face rogue.

I saw in the past some miracle rogue decks in the past that played the cards I saw, for example, the deck that won Dreamhack valencia was defined as Miracle rogue and had that cards, but Im not a rogue expert so I could be wrong. Lets call it whatever rogue.

It was a cool deck thou.

EDIT: ok it was not miracle rogue, it was face rogue but the casters of the tournament called it all time miracle idk why...

Dragner

I think it may be time to return to ramp druid, ramp druid was the first competitive deck I built but became a pain to play because everybody played 2 x owls and black knight, I dont know if its me but Im seeing less owls and BKs lately so maybe is time to make it return.

i'll see, Im not in love with warrior but I win a lot with it so its hard to let it go.

Sblargh

Banned
This person consistently waits for the time to almost run out every turn before playing. I imagine him/her saying this is a mind game instead of wasting everyone's time on a match he just lost anyway.

So annoying.

embalm

Nozdormu from a Sneeds is my favorite thing ever. Totally changes how the game is played making it so hectic and fun. Not the most powerful, but totally my favorite.

FeD.nL

Nozdormu from a Sneeds is my favorite thing ever. Totally changes how the game is played making it so hectic and fun. Not the most powerful, but totally my favorite.

That match where it happened against Ropecoach was gold. I really wish that Nozdormu was somewhat playable, I would put it in my deck instantly.

RPGCrazied

Finally get to Kel'Thuzad, rips hunter(my fav class) apart. What is the preferred class deck for him? Took so long cause I bought all wings with coins.

ZealousD

Finally get to Kel'Thuzad, rips hunter(my fav class) apart. What is the preferred class deck for him? Took so long cause I bought all wings with coins.

I think Ramp Druid is using him a lot right now, but he's also run in Paladin at times. He's really good in decks with sticky taunts like Sludge Belcher and Sunwalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom