• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I get to 10-0 and then proceed my ass to 10-3 by suddenly having to fight 3 cancerous hunters, one after another. Literally nothing but facefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefaceface

oh, board clear with bullshit spells and UTH

then back to facefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefaceface

So much skill and dedication.

CRS

> Buy pack of cards to get 10 more dust
> Casually get a Legendary

Ok then. Sadly its a dupe, Neptulon. So, rather then just 45 dust, I'll get 400+!

I tossed together a Control Warrior. Missing some of the legendaries from the standard meta deck, but I think I got enough to make it viable:
genericWarrior.jpg

Would the second Big Game be more useful than a Mind Control Tech or even a Kezan?

Warrior already has so much removal, wouldn't a different "removal" card be more useful?

Dragner

Loving Freeze Mage so far, Ive dropped 2 ranks because deck is hell hard to play and can lose to unfortunate draws (or warriors, that are unwinnable), but is a joy having 30 power of the opposite team on the board with ice block hidden, drop alexstrasza and say "Im sorry", the rage is real^^

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, this fellow guy sent me a friend invite after I beat him with a mill druid deck. I didn't see his invitation until a few minutes later, but he was offline when I accepted him.

Later on today, I saw him sending me this message:

"Oh, went to bed after sending that friend request. I don't know if you remember, but I was the mage that you eventually fatigued to death yesterday. I just wanted to say that it was a great game, really well played and I am impressed with your deck."

:O Good manner HS player? I thought he only sent the invite to BM me, that's what they all do! GG!

RPGCrazied

Finally beat Kel'Thuzad with a Paladin deck. I'm having so fun with a Naxx themed deck on a hunter, won quite a few matches with it.

Just had an idea that I can't believe I didn't think about before, even though it happened to me (kinda). I should probably run Black Knight in my Gazlowe deck since there's a decent chance I'll get a Rusty Horn.

Might not be the best idea but it'll add another form of removal against Control, which seems to be my biggest problem anyway. There will always be Sludge Belchers too.

I just bought $10 worth of packs from the store and it took my money but didn't give me the packs...I'm a bit miffed about this.. Otherwise I've been having fun playing thus far. Interspersing playing against people casually with playing against expert AI to rank up my heroes to level 10 as the guide says. I can't wait to check out arena..

ViviOggi

I get to 10-0 and then proceed my ass to 10-3 by suddenly having to fight 3 cancerous hunters, one after another. Literally nothing but facefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefaceface

oh, board clear with bullshit spells and UTH

then back to facefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefacefaceface

So much skill and dedication.
12 wins or 500 packs

Magnus

Ice Block is gud though. Why wud u dust. Epic shiny hard 2 get. :eek:

Oh. People always told me it was shit. Prolonging the inevitable. Haha. Or at least, not an essential for any typical deck.

I don't see the point in hanging onto any golden card until you've got every card crafted that you need. Unless it happens to be one that you need, and then I'd dust it once I get normal versions of it.

Oh. People always told me it was shit. Prolonging the inevitable. Haha. Or at least, not an essential for any typical deck.

I don't see the point in hanging onto any golden card until you've got every card crafted that you need. Unless it happens to be one that you need, and then I'd dust it once I get normal versions of it.

If it's a card I'll use, I'll keep it. Otherwise it gets dusted.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Ice Block is used in several types of Mage decks, like Freeze or Fatigue. It's part of the "core" cards in those decks that can't really be swapped out. It's not the kind of card you just throw into any deck, but it is absolutely used.

Keeping gold cards is a long-term plan. If you dust a gold version of a card and then craft a normal version later, that's strictly worse. You may have broken even on dust but you lost the shininess.

I suppose if you're like Trump and you never want a shiny gold card in any of your decks ever then go nuts dusting all your gold cards I guess. But I like looking at the art of gold cards and I think they make the collection part of the game a little more fun. That's part of the thrill of a CCG imo.

Magnus

I'm grateful for the dust refunds when cards are nerfed, but hey, in traditional TCGs, you don't get a refund at all when cards are altered with new errata or whatever. Haha

Tacitus_

It's good if you want to play Solitairestone. I've dusted all mine because fuck that playstyle.

Haha, used a mindgames and took control of a Hellscream in my opponent's deck

He could wait no longer.

Went 5-3 on an Arena run. 7 Mages. My god, this game is in a state right now.

Can anyone suggest a fun deck that might win a few games on ladder? I love playing Randuin for the lulz but it's not that fun at the moment.

Magnus

He could wait no longer.

Went 5-3 on an Arena run. 7 Mages. My god, this game is in a state right now.

Can anyone suggest a fun deck that might win a few games on ladder? I love playing Randuin for the lulz but it's not that fun at the moment.

Lol Randuin sounds hilarious. I have some of the cards to make that work.

Szadek

I had to take Neptulon out of my shaman deck.
He is great against control,but I barely see any warriors or priesst these days.

Troggzor is my trump card against rogues.He slows them down so much.

Haunted

Ice Block is essential.

Dragner

I spent 400 dust crafting the remaining ice block I needed and I dont regret it, the card is constructed staple and is indeed very very powerful, the fact is that you cant win with freeze mage if you dont have ice block most of the times, card is essential.

Dragner

RNG trolling me.

oh, I just had a game when I was at 8 mana, I ony had to flamestrike the board, next turn drop alexstrasza, and next turn win...but well, shredder from the opponent dropped nerubar weblord. Couldnt play alexstrasza and lose the game. Skill game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Today I fought a Paladin that played Twilight Drakes and a control Warrior that played Spider Tanks (no other mechs).

What the hell is going on?

Rule of the day, when I play aggro mage, receive 0 anti-aggro cards. When I am facing echo or fatigue mage, get all anti-aggro cards and no card draw.

edit:
Oh boy, it doesn't disappoint lol. However, this time when it wasn't aggro mage and was some funky control type mage I managed to win despite him getting to echo an KT. It was a stupid move too because he paid 9 mana to echo it and it alone. My KT came down before his second one did and he was wrecked by my board clears after that.

Played a guy with my Mech Combo brew earlier, only draw Mech cards, he misplays the entire game, messages me angrily telling me what a netdecker I am. :p I literally got awful draws and still wrecked him. No idea how he got to the rank he was at.

Today I fought a Paladin that played Twilight Drakes and a control Warrior that played Spider Tanks (no other mechs).

What the hell is going on?

The Meta right now

Dragner

How good is Mal'ganis in Warlock decks? Good legendary to keep?

He is not very well positioned as all 7+ power creatures because dr. balanced makes BGH a staple, but is still good with voidcallers, Im keeping mine at least because I think as demons are being released he will be better and better so its more of a investment.

He is not very well positioned as all 7+ power creatures because dr. balanced makes BGH a staple, but is still good with voidcallers, Im keeping mine at least because I think as demons are being released he will be better and better so its more of a investment.

Yeah I don't think he is great now (everybody has removal, so even if you get him out early he goes straight away).

But he is useful in Handlock to mix things up and will probably improve over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom