• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

Well, I just remembered why I dont play arena, have an insane druid deck, Ancient of war, double ancient of lore, 2 x druid of the claw, 3 x swipe, and lots of good rares and top tier commons, ofc I lost a game against the 5 x fireball ice block deck and another to a warrior with no cards, against a 2 turn clock im at 6 he draws the 5/2 weapon from the top and I dont draw any of my 5 taunts in the whole game... then lose to a better deck than mine whith tyrion and faceless manipulator copying tyrion

**** arena Im done with it.

Magnus

I just Unstable Portal'd ANTONIDAS in arena on turn 3, actually managed to create SIX Fireballs and still lost to a face hunter. Had to spend too much clearing the board Of his minions, and he was too far ahead on damage with Kill Commands and SteadyShots. Fuck man.

Think I can have any success with Warrior without Grom/Alex? I have the rest of a Warrior's key cards and epics, I think.

ViviOggi

I just Unstable Portal'd ANTONIDAS in arena on turn 3, actually managed to create SIX Fireballs and still lost to a face hunter. Had to spend too much clearing the board Of his minions, and he was too far ahead on damage with Kill Commands and SteadyShots. Fuck man.

Think I can have any success with Warrior without Grom/Alex? I have the rest of a Warrior's key cards and epics, I think.
You can replace Alex with something like Ysera but Grom is essential.

Magnus

First time an arena reward pack has yielded anything better than a rare. Yay!

I've played against this legendary once. It was brutal. Looking forward to trying it out.

JEbyvf7.jpg

You can replace Alex with something like Ysera but Grom is essential.

I'll look into whether I like the class enough to craft it. Thanks!

Magnus

I always thought it would be funny in a paladin deck with late game musters to trade in on the same turn.

Edit: Nevermind, it says enemy. Whoops.

Still works if you're confident you can make trades to kill 2+ minions. A 9/7 body + a bunch of leper gnomes is annoying as fuck to deal with. Better still if they don't have a BGH or some other removal.

Dragner

I like mekgineer, but is too expensive and is crap when you are behind, I have it because I sometimes use it on wacky decks on practice because he is FUN with board wipes but it sucks on ladder.

Kornflayx

Hilarious match against a Shaman. He hits Lightning Storm with Azure Drake on his site with perfect RNG to clear my board. He spams "well played", being confident that he has me. I come back from that and play Muster + Quartermaster. He hits Crackle on my Quartermaster -> hits for 4 -> he ragequits with 20 health and 2 minions on the board. Adds me and rages about my RNG luck lol

Mech Shaman is so easy I almost feel bad for using it

But I love shammy and its like the only viable deck :(

Taken from magicamy's list

https://tempostorm.com/decks/midrange-mech-shaman-magicamy-meta-snapshot

Control Warrior (60/40)
Midrange Druid (60/40)

Oil Rogue (55/45)
Handlock (50/50)
Demon Control Warlock (50/50)
Control/Midrange Paladin (50/50)

Zoo (40/60)
Aggro Mech Shaman (40/60)
Mech Mage (40/60)
Ramp Druid (40/60)
Face Hunter (35/65)
Freeze Mage (35/65)
Control Priest (30/70)

Personal preference :
-1 Chow / +1 Creeper

Against Aggro :
-1 BGH / +1 Storm

Against Control :
-1 Chow / +1 Al'Akir
-1 Chow / +1 BGH

Ikkarus

Well, I just remembered why I dont play arena, have an insane druid deck, Ancient of war, double ancient of lore, 2 x druid of the claw, 3 x swipe, and lots of good rares and top tier commons, ofc I lost a game against the 5 x fireball ice block deck and another to a warrior with no cards, against a 2 turn clock im at 6 he draws the 5/2 weapon from the top and I dont draw any of my 5 taunts in the whole game... then lose to a better deck than mine whith tyrion and faceless manipulator copying tyrion

**** arena Im done with it.
I faced a Paladin who had 2 Dr Boom's in his deck in arena, it was bad enough having to deal with 1 of them then when I saw the second one drop so did my HP. :(

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I did ask Minsc about moving the thread to the Gaming side during the last tournament. I believe he discussed it with a couple other mods and they felt it was a better fit on the community side, though he did say he would move it over if people didn't take enough notice...it would also prevent the "shitting up" of this thread as I know some Euros didn't take well to me posting reminders for a NA tourney in this thread every day. On Monday I was also planning on sending a PM everyone who played in the last tournament and hasn't signed up for this one yet.

We'll give it through the weekend to see how it shakes down, but I agree having it on the gaming side would probably result in more entries...though I'm sure it would also fall off the first page within seconds.

Hey, PM me, I haz big prize for tourney winna

Decided to buy a couple of classic packs. Opened a golden grommash and black knight.

Already had a grommash. Not sure if i want to disenchant the golden for a trade. =/

Magnus

It's officially a problem. I buy like 10 packs a week these days. Lol. So addicted to opening packs.

I suppose there are dumber ways to burn cash. Extra dust is Always nice if too many dupes show up, too.

10 packs yielded 6 epics, not bad. Twisting Nether, two of the pirate buffing minion, a faceless manip, not bad.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Got a golden Neptulon off a pack, want to dust for sneeds :3

Need Sneeds so bad

Is there mmr in casual play? Just had two games in a row where I got matched up against people with rare/legendaries vs my beginner deck...I just started playing this week too..

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Hey all. Been saving up for a Legendary and looking for advice. I've played quite a bit and have had a few Legendaries, but since some are garbage (Nat Pagle), or just weren't useful to me (Lord Juraxxis), I currently only have Deathwing, and Alexstrazsa. My best class, insofar as win percentage is concerned, is easily Hunter, but I've become bored of it and have been running Warrior lately.

What Legendary should I craft? I'm thinking Ragnaros, since it's one of the best Legendaries and can be useful in any deck. But part of me wants to do King Crush for my Ranger or Grommash Hellscream for my warrior.

What do you experienced Gaffers think? Of course I want stuff like Leeroy and Dark Knight, but since this'll be my first crafted Legendary, I want it to be the best/most useful.

KePoW

Banned
Is there mmr in casual play? Just had two games in a row where I got matched up against people with rare/legendaries vs my beginner deck...I just started playing this week too..

That's what I was wondering, happened to me when I started playing a couple weeks ago

Eventually I did win a few games in Casual , but took a while

Golgo 13

I don't think there is matchmaking in that modes. I remember getting smoked in the beginning. Fought innumerable players with Golden heroes, before I even knew what that meant (500 ranked wins)

Hey all. Been saving up for a Legendary and looking for advice. I've played quite a bit and have had a few Legendaries, but since some are garbage (Nat Pagle), or just weren't useful to me (Lord Juraxxis), I currently only have Deathwing, and Alexstrazsa. My best class, insofar as win percentage is concerned, is easily Hunter, but I've become bored of it and have been running Warrior lately.

What Legendary should I craft? I'm thinking Ragnaros, since it's one of the best Legendaries and can be useful in any deck. But part of me wants to do King Crush for my Ranger or Grommash Hellscream for my warrior.

What do you experienced Gaffers think? Of course I want stuff like Leeroy and Dark Knight, but since this'll be my first crafted Legendary, I want it to be the best/most useful.

Dr. Boom, 100%, there is no other answer.

Golgo 13

Ok so Dr. boom. You guys are sure they'll disenchant for 1600? That would suck if not, I've been saving for a very long time. :p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

The top ranks of constructed have been rough this month. Even at rank 20 I'm having a tough time winning games, I'm facing lots of decks with epics and legendarys. I'm only winning 1 out of 3 matches, at rank 20!!!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Warrior just thought he could turtle away against my card hungry mech oil rogue deck, ceding board control in the process.

Well meet 36 damage directly to the face from V-07-TR-0N, summoned from Mimiron's head and given a switch and an attack spare part.

So damn satisfying that was.

First shot at mech rogue post UT nerf. I frankly think mech rogue can actually work quite well now. I am so far 6-0 with it. I did, however, face a warrior who conceded after my iron sensei buffed annoyotron twice and a druid who quit in the face of mechwarper + mechwarper + autobarber turn 3.

I remember *other people* saying autobarber is bad because it is hard to play mana efficient with hero power. Well, I solved that by using hero power on turn 2, mechwarper into 1 mana autobarber turn 3. Pretty strong.

Anyway, here is the deck.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_2_15_2015_21_46_37.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
First shot at mech rogue post UT nerf. I frankly think mech rogue can actually work quite well now. I am so far 6-0 with it. I did, however, face a warrior who conceded after my iron sensei buffed annoyotron twice and a druid who quit in the face of mechwarper + mechwarper + autobarber turn 3.

I remember saying autobarber is bad because it is hard to play mana efficient with hero power. Well, I solved that by using hero power on turn 2, mechwarper into 1 mana autobarber turn 3. Pretty strong.

Anyway, here is the deck.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_2_15_2015_21_46_37.png

I guess i'm not the only one noticing mech rogue doing amazing in this meta. Brought me from rank 15 to 13 going 6-1. Our decks seem quite different though.

LZR5PbW.png

One thing I've done a lot without coin is leave board control mostly alone until turn 2 or 3, use my hero power or play Cogmaster's wrench in preparation, and then basically play all your cards on turn 3 or 4 to seize control of the board and start that mech snowball. With coin you get to take the initiative and win board control from the start.

Still think Mimiron might be bad even in this deck, but if there's a deck he's good at, it's this one. Theoretically, this deck is strongest between turn 4 and 6 which would fall in line with his mana cost. Need more data on how he works in practice.

Also considering between 2x Annoy-o-Tron, 2x Micro Machine, or neither. I personally always have a hard time getting value out of annoy-o-tron. 1 attack for 2 mana seems rough. Like, why not put Mirror Image in mech mage decks if he's so good in these types of decks?

I guess i'm not the only one noticing mech rogue doing amazing in this meta. Brought me from rank 15 to 13 going 6-1. Our decks seem quite different though.

LZR5PbW.png

One thing I've done a lot without coin is leave board control mostly alone until turn 2 or 3, use my hero power or play Cogmaster's wrench in preparation, and then basically play all your cards on turn 3 or 4 to seize control of the board and start that mech snowball. With coin you get to take the initiative and win board control from the start.

Still think Mimiron might be bad even in this deck, but if there's a deck he's good at, it's this one. Theoretically, this deck is strongest between turn 4 and 6 which would fall in line with his mana cost. Need more data on how he works in practice.

Also considering between 2x Annoy-o-Tron, 2x Micro Machine, or neither. I personally always have a hard time getting value out of annoy-o-tron. 1 attack for 2 mana seems rough. Like, why not put Mirror Image in mech mage decks if he's so good in these types of decks?

Annoyotron is primarily in my deck to protect the rest of the minions on the board, rather than to get value. The reason why mech mage runs annoyotron over mirror image is likely because annoyotron takes about the same beating, and synergizes with both mechwarper and even more importantly it works with goblin blastmage and tinkertown technician.

I think micromachine is alright but just as often will die to AOE due to 2 hp.

I'd imagine mirmiron is a particularly difficult card to get to actually work but I don't have it either way.

I'm not really a fan of a jeeves style deck since it can easily backfire by simply not drawing him. I prefer consistency (and strength) of azure drakes and thalnos also adds consistency and strength to the deck.

My main regret with the deck is that I couldn't fix gallywix, my favorite rogue card so far. I couldn't even fit van cleef but I'm sure he wouldn't be too good in this deck already. Maybe I'll cut a drake for gallywix. I really like gallywix.

y u craft junkbot wen u can git minimage???
You joke but what is the point of Mini Mage? I get the idea of untargetable spell damage but he just dies to any board clear. Should be a 0/5 or at least something that can live past basic board clears. It's close to the most useless card in the game. I'd consider Molten Rager better since it has one more attack for one less mana.

I guess the ppint is that it's untargetable while still being a threat but that just seems pointless for a spell power minion you want to keep on the board.

Triz

You joke but what is the point of Mini Mage? I get the idea of untargetable spell damage but he just dies to any board clear. Should be a 0/5 or at least something that can live past basic board clears. It's close to the most useless card in the game. I'd consider Molten Rager better since it has one more attack for one less mana.

I guess the ppint is that it's untargetable while still being a threat but that just seems pointless for a spell power minion you want to keep on the board.

The one time I drafted it in arena dropping the minimage between to big minions did wonders against mages. Unable to fireball the big boys led to a win every game. I agree it's still a shit card though.

Well the main use is in burn decks like burn mage or shaman. That extra spellpower really adds up, plus of course the 4 damage of the mage itself is very valuable. I remember reynad saying he had a lot of success with the card early on because people didn't expect the kind of burst it allows. Imagine if you thalnos or spellpower totem and double crackle, double lightning bolt + minimage hit... that is 20 damage minimum from the spells, and minimage makes it 24 damage, plus 0-6 damage from crackle's RNG.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The one time I drafted it in arena dropping the minimage between to big minions did wonders against mages. Unable to fireball the big boys led to a win every game. I agree it's still a shit card though.

Are you mistaking it for the Wee Spellstopper?

ALWAYS KILL THE BEAST EVEN IF ITS A LOWLY HUNGRY CRAB

Got bursted for 15 when the guy woulda been dead next turn to 20 damage from a weapon/flurry. The Arcane Golems man, I never expect them.

Golgo 13

Thanks for the advice guys. :) Boom has already saved my ass a few times. Deceptively powerful card, I never would've guessed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom