• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that i don't know how to build decks. My most expensive deck thus far is getting shat on while I get my wins using the default starter deck. I guess I'll just try to get all heroes to 10 with default decks.

I wonder if a priest uses mind vision while a rogue has gallywix up, if he can steal the mind vision gallywix gives because I believe the card is given before the spell takes effect. Its been a while since I used gallywix so I don't remember. This way you could infinitely mind vision, coin, mind vision, coin, mind vision... hahah.

Absinthe

I just realized that i don't know how to build decks. My most expensive deck thus far is getting shat on while I get my wins using the default starter deck. I guess I'll just try to get all heroes to 10 with default decks.

If you're having trouble just copy some of the decks in this thread. I would wager a guess that most players don't build their own decks anyway, they just copy the most popular decks at the time and modify them slightly.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Next up Slyvanas. :)
It'll probably take me a year to build up enough Gold Dust for another Legendary... Lol. Either that or drop a shitload of money, which I'm not gonna do. :). Of course I could get lucky with earned decks, but it's pretty fucking unlikely. :p.

Dragner

It'll probably take me a year to build up enough Gold Dust for another Legendary... Lol. Either that or drop a shitload of money, which I'm not gonna do. :). Of course I could get lucky with earned decks, but it's pretty fucking unlikely. :p.

Its not that hard, you have to get lucky but doing everyday 60 gold dailys and winning some games you can make a pack most days, eventually you will open 1-2 legendaries each month. You can save good ones and dust crappy ones. I got Sylvannas, harrison, nat paggle and Neptulon from free packs and Im 2 months into the game.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Credits Button in Options sub-menu.

Edit: I found a bug while checking that. When you load the game and your quest appears, you can open the menu and click on options, credits. The credits begin to play, but the screen is blurred out from the quest pop-up. Even after you exit the credits, click on display options, menu, or enter a game mode, the game window remains blurred.

Edit: Simpler steps:

1. Open client.

2. Click on the menu cog as soon as you see it (or at least before quest pops-up).

3. Wait for quest pop-up and the blurred background to appear.

4. Now click on credits.

5. The credits will start, but the screen remains blurry.

6. You have to close the client and reopen it to fix this.

Holy shit. That's one of the bugs I wrote up for my interview packet before I got my job there. Can't believe it popped up again! I was sure it was dead. : D

Credits Button in Options sub-menu.

Edit: I found a bug while checking that. When you load the game and your quest appears, you can open the menu and click on options, credits. The credits begin to play, but the screen is blurred out from the quest pop-up. Even after you exit the credits, click on display options, menu, or enter a game mode, the game window remains blurred.

Edit: Simpler steps:

1. Open client.

2. Click on the menu cog as soon as you see it (or at least before quest pops-up).

3. Wait for quest pop-up and the blurred background to appear.

4. Now click on credits.

5. The credits will start, but the screen remains blurry.

6. You have to close the client and reopen it to fix this.

You can also load a match and it will clear the blurriness.

gutshot

I wonder if a priest uses mind vision while a rogue has gallywix up, if he can steal the mind vision gallywix gives because I believe the card is given before the spell takes effect. Its been a while since I used gallywix so I don't remember. This way you could infinitely mind vision, coin, mind vision, coin, mind vision... hahah.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that could happen. I can't find it now, but I remember watching a video where a Priest Mind Visioned when a Cho was out and the opponent only had one card in hand. He got back his copied Mind Vision then did it again four more times before finally copying the one-non Mind Vision card in his opponents hand. I'm guessing Gallywix would do the same with the added bonus of giving you coins each time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I would honestly physically hurt anyone who would stand next to me and admit to be playing as mech mage. I would start off by biting off their genitals.

I am honestly so, so tired of the current meta. People say Hearthstone is going towards slow play? Holy shit, how much money have Blizzard given you in order to spew such nonsense?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I am currently around rank 9 right now. I have seen a good mixture of classes over the past week in ranked. In unranked I have seen all kinds of interesting and goofy shit. I am ok with the variety right now.

The first week of the month was like 90% mech mage though.

Dragner

The problem with mech mages (one of many) and other agro rush decks is that blizzard rewards you playing that kind of decks with the current ladder system. Its more useful play 5 games in 10 minutes with face decks that playing control priest in eternal matches that go to almost fatigue to go up fast.

embalm

Does anyone understand Troggzor and how he is supposed to be used? I unwrapped one and have been trying to figure him out all weekend.
250px-Troggzor.png

He is a soft counter to spells, but for 7 mana he doesn't contest the board at all, so to play him you have to already be contesting the board or own it. So he feels like a win more card.

He only activated in 2 of the games I played. In other games he may have prevented the opponent from making optimal plays, but it never felt like a strong drop.

The first was oil rogue who had 1 durability dagger and only a Violet teacher on board. The thinking was to counter his violet teacher with Trogg who makes better minions. He went for the combo anyway... Azure Drake + Weapon Buffs + Blade Fury = Dead everything.

The Second was a freeze/fatigue mage. When i realized the matchup I though he would see some serious value. He cam late in my deck and when played the opponent didn't change playstyle. He played giants and Echoed them, which gave him board dominance and meant Trogg and his baby would have to trade for 1 giant for me to get it back.

Then there are the other 2 spell countering minions.

Trade Prince Gallywix - While rogue only it points out everything Trogg lacks. A body that can dominate the board and make good trades on turn 6 & an ability that can't be hard countered by killing him or board clearing. If he activates he gets the spell.

Loatheb - A good body for the cost and an ability that always activates and can't be stopped.

Any other opinions on Trogg? He's looking like dust to me.

embalm

I would honestly physically hurt anyone who would stand next to me and admit to be playing as mech mage. I would start off by biting off their genitals.

I am honestly so, so tired of the current meta. People say Hearthstone is going towards slow play? Holy shit, how much money have Blizzard given you in order to spew such nonsense?

I actually enjoy playing against mech mage. They need the board to win and they don't go straight for face. It's really no where near as annoying as most Hunter decks. If you can contest the board at all by turn 3 to 5 then it ends up being a very close game. If they mechwarp their entire hand onto the board and you can clear it, then it's usually game over for them completely.

Mixed2k

Does anyone understand Troggzor and how he is supposed to be used?
To me, Troggzor is a shitty Loatheb wannabe. It doesn't even make sense that it costs 7 mana. I got one as well from a pack and just looking at him makes me sad.
It's one of those legendaries that I don't want to dust but I will never play, because in the end the card is complete garbage.

Dragner

To me, Troggzor is a shitty Loatheb wannabe. It doesn't even make sense that it costs 7 mana. I got one as well from a pack and just looking at him makes me sad.
It's one of those legendaries that I don't want to dust but I will never play, because in the end the card is complete garbage.

Agree, the problem with trogg is first, it cost seven when it should be 6 or give him better stats, and second, loatheb is way better and 2 crystals cheaper.

Rapstah

All of the trogg cards seem to be designed around preventing your opponent from casting spells entirely instead of benefitting from when your opponent does cast spells, so I'd guess Troggzor also was designed with that in mind.

Mixed2k

All of the trogg cards seem to be designed around preventing your opponent from casting spells entirely instead of benefitting from when your opponent does cast spells, so I'd guess Troggzor also was designed with that in mind.

But Loatheb does that job WAY BETTER, and it costs 2 mana less.
Loatheb actually prevents the opponent from using the spells, unlike trogg.

Sblargh

Banned
I play hunter because I'm at rank 20-16 and people have decks with 4 legendaries and a bunch of epics and rares. So, you know, gotta end the game before all that kicks in because while playing control priest / freeze mage / druid; I found out that a bunch of cards with an orange gem on them win the game by themselves.

Magnus

All this Troggzor hate is bizarre to me, since it seemed like everyone was singing the card's praises just a few weeks ago, and claiming that it'll be THE legendary to craft once the good Doctor is rebalanced.

Did the current meta change the thinking?

I always thought the card was kinda eh, but due to this thread's hype for it I was excited when I opened it in a pack two weeks back. Used it with some success since then, but yeah, it's no staple.

Torn now between having some fun with my 4k dust (making more fun legendaries like Sneed's), crafting some core cards I'm missing (a second Preparation, Druid epics, Grommash), or saving it for whatever awesome cards debut in spring/summer.

Although, if that wave of cards comes via a Naxxramas-style expansion, they may just be obtainable via unlock-play like Naxx. Dust won't be needed there.

HMMMM.

embalm

All this Troggzor hate is bizarre to me, since it seemed like everyone was singing the card's praises just a few weeks ago, and claiming that it'll be THE legendary to craft once the good Doctor is rebalanced.

Did the current meta change the thinking?

I always thought the card was kinda eh, but due to this thread's hype for it I was excited when I opened it in a pack two weeks back. Used it with some success since then, but yeah, it's no staple.

Torn now between having some fun with my 4k dust (making more fun legendaries like Sneed's), crafting some core cards I'm missing (a second Preparation, Druid epics, Grommash), or saving it for whatever awesome cards debut in spring/summer.

Although, if that wave of cards comes via a Naxxramas-style expansion, they may just be obtainable via unlock-play like Naxx. Dust won't be needed there.

HMMMM.
This weekend is my first time using the card, so I've never read into the pros/cons of using him. I remember him having some hype before GvG release, but haven't seen much since.

If you've had success with him, what kind of deck were you using him in? Did you include Loatheb in that deck for the double spell blocking wammy?

I play hunter because I'm at rank 20-16 and people have decks with 4 legendaries and a bunch of epics and rares. So, you know, gotta end the game before all that kicks in because while playing control priest / freeze mage / druid; I found out that a bunch of cards with an orange gem on them win the game by themselves.
This is another reason I think mech mage is good. It's a pretty cheap deck to craft and does well even without the Archmage Legendary. It adds some diversity to the cheap deck options and it's less aggro than zoo and face hunter for sure. Now they need some cheap control alternatives that aren't combo priest.

Ikkarus

Troggzor is an interesting card. When it was first announced it was the neutral legendary everyone wanted. Then when people actually tried playing him he wasn't as impactful as most thought and Dr Boom came out and took the #1 GVG Spotlight from him.

I'm actually trying him in my Ramp Druid deck this season instead of Kel'Thuzard and he's definitely a win more card. He's great when you can put him out on an empty board and like Slyvanas he forces your opponent to have to deal with him and kind of protects your other minions on the board.

He especially shines against Warrior and Rogue (if you can slow them down).

I'm still going to keep on testing him out and see how it goes. For now I would say he's sitting at the above average in my rankings but he's by no means a must have in this meta at the moment.

If you're having trouble just copy some of the decks in this thread. I would wager a guess that most players don't build their own decks anyway, they just copy the most popular decks at the time and modify them slightly.

Probably gonna do that until I familiarize myself with all the cards. Is there a good database or aggregate website for decks?

RPGCrazied

How come every time I open up card packs, I get crap? Of course I only get packs when I have 100 coins. Do more rare cards show up in the priced packs or what?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's... random?

This is a normal thing in card games with boosters. Blizzard isn't out to get you with poor packs no matter how much you want to think they are.

Every pack is, at the least, 4 Commons and a Rare. And then you can get any number of additional Rares, Epics and Legendaries which may or may not be golden.

Magnus

All right. 100 gold. C'mon game. Give me a good pack; you're almost losing me.

VERDICT?

:)

Also, I'm super tempted to start just buying packs for 100g instead of Arena-ing. I get shafted with such an awful draft most of the time, I often feel like just hitting Retire and getting my pack. And then the extra 50g feels like a rip off. Lol

Guys... about troggzor. I feel like this happened before, but with Cairne before people recognized it is actually a really good card. Troggzor is quite like cairne in this respect. 6/6 body is fine imo. You want to play him on a board where your opponent must use spells for removal or use several minions to kill it off.

I think the main problem with the card is that dr. boom just kills it without even dying itself. I think if they make boom a 7/6 or smaller, then troggzor could become the new flavor and then subsequently complained about. I would definitely not dust him, that is for sure.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah, saying that Troggzor is garbage and should be dusted is insanity imo. Just because he may not fight into the current meta doesn't mean he's useless. Like, would you really dust Cairne or Ysera right now? Probably not.

Special C

I love how Mechwarper is the most likely GvG common to get nerfed and I have 2 of them, while having 6+ of almost every other GvG common.

Do you think Blizz starts to limit cards in packs when they are close to a nerf? Also do you only get the full dust bonus for a maximum of 2 DEs? (that would actually make sense)

excellent contribution friend...

I like hearthstone as a little distraction to play for a couple minutes. when I'm matched up with one of these fatigue players I'm battling out for 20-30 minutes. every turn they're just waiting for me to concede. it's ever so satisfying to throw a pyroblast in their face as we both run out of cards.

I love how Mechwarper is the most likely GvG common to get nerfed and I have 2 of them, while having 6+ of almost every other GvG common.

Do you think Blizz starts to limit cards in packs when they are close to a nerf? Also do you only get the full dust bonus for a maximum of 2 DEs? (that would actually make sense)

you get full dust for however many cards you have.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I played troggzor a bit in control warrior and he was fine. The 'problem' is that Dr Boom is just better right now. Should Dr Boom get nerfed significantly, I think you will see the rise of troggzor.

Troggzor is not a 'win more' card because he is great on an empty board. The only time he's bad is when you're behind. So he needs to be played in a class that can reliably clear board on the turn you want to play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom