• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

I just got a golden legendary but it's a Blingtron 3000. Tempted to dust it but I like having golden cards. Is it used in any useful decks?

No serious decks, sadly. You don't even get the benefit of having it create golden weapons because normal Blingtron already does that, for whatever reason.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
No serious decks, sadly. You don't even get the benefit of having it create golden weapons because normal Blingtron already does that, for whatever reason.

Free legendary or having another golden card. Decisions decisions.

(I'll probably keep it)

Free legendary or having another golden card. Decisions decisions.

(I'll probably keep it)
Do you Harrison Jones? While it's not the best turn 10 combo, Bling/Jones can be good. I think you'd average three cards.

Though I got Blingtron from Gazlowe once and it gAve my opponent Gladiator's Longbow. Good times.

Tacitus_

Those two draws....

QkfWkGm.jpg

E: and again with the harrison. I'd go full tilt with that sort of luck.

From my time playing shaman vs warrior pre-gvg, an early harrison is like the main reason to lose that match up. Even a late harrison can be recovered from, but an early one is devastating.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Do you Harrison Jones? While it's not the best turn 10 combo, Bling/Jones can be good. I think you'd average three cards.

Though I got Blingtron from Gazlowe once and it gAve my opponent Gladiator's Longbow. Good times.

I don't have Harrison but I was thinking of making him since I almost have enough dust. I ended up putting the Blingtron into an oil rogue deck since I was missing a card and he actually proved useful both times I played him and ended up winning both so maybe he's not useless!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
God damnit, I regret not crafting Grommash when I had the chance. I found a Warrior deck that I really like, but it needs a reliable finisher, and despite having Dr Boom and Ragnaros, it's still lacking something. Oh well, back to 3 more months of grinding. Fuck!

God damnit, I regret not crafting Grommash when I had the chance. I found a Warrior deck that I really like, but it needs a reliable finisher, and despite having Dr Boom and Ragnaros, it's still lacking something. Oh well, back to 3 more months of grinding. Fuck!

You crafted the best legendary card in the game, no need for second guesses

Pooya

Spare parts can be brutal. This is my fave aspect of mech mage, even if you don't save them up for Antonidas, there are opportunities to turn the game around, you just need to see the number.

Paladin kills my shredder, lightwell drops. He has Ysera out too.
I drop stormwind champion
Lightwell is 1/6 now, switch -> 7/2 in his face.
another switch on his Ysera, my technician kills it.

I really like how swc effect and switch stack like that!

he quit right there...

Speaking of Antonidas, if they want to nerf mech mage they can change spare parts to not count as spells. It's really lame that they trigger counterspell too.

ZZMitch

Spare parts can be brutal. This is my fave aspect of mech mage, even if you don't save them up for Antonidas, there are opportunities to turn the game around, you just need to see the number.

Paladin kills my shredder, lightwell drops. He has Ysera out too.
I drop stormwind champion
Lightwell is 1/6 now, switch -> 7/2 in his face.
another switch on his Ysera, my technician kills it.

I really like how swc effect and switch stack like that!

he quit right there...

Speaking of Antonidas, if they want to nerf mech mage they can change spare parts to not count as spells. It's really lame that they trigger counterspell too.

The issue with having spare parts not being spells is that it kills Gazlowe

johnsmith

remember me
MCT fucked AGAIN. Out of 4 minions of course he's going to take the 6/6 with divine shield instead of the 1/1. Holy shit. I hate this god damn game.

CRS

Rank 3 HYPE! Officially the highest I've ever been now. Hopefully I can make the full climb to legend this month.

Congrats!

I think I kind of gave up on Legend this month. The highest I reached was 9 a few days ago and now I'm 12. We'll see if I get a lucky streak for these last couple of weeks but I doubt it.

I'm still extremely pleased with myself though that I made it to top 10.

egruntz

shelaughz
The fucking luck I get.

7 minions on the fucking board.
Warrior poops out an Armor Smith before brawling.
ARMOR SMITH LIVES.
My boombots both deal 1 damage to it. + 2 armor.

What the fuck.

Barrage

Regarding the responses saying that Belcher can't be nerfed because it's the only thing stopping Aggro at Turn 5..I would say that should lead to the aggro being nerfed (ala Mechwarper, or the Shaman Mech Weapon) rather than Belcher staying and eating up the 5 Mana slot for all classes.

If you're not teching Kezan Mystic into decks where it makes sense you're doing it wrong. So much Mage and Hunter on ladder that when you pull one it's extremely clutch and usually game-winning.

Golgo 13

How is Leeroy Jenkins, currently? I have heard he is terrible, lol. Before I took a break from Hearthstone, he was widely considered to be one of the very best Legendaries. :/

Dahbomb

Dr Boom's ability to bring out lethal out of the ether is fucking hilarious sometimes. Sometimes both Bots hit face and suddenly you have lethal.

I honestly think making him 7-5 would make very little difference.... it's the Bots that wreak havoc.

CoolOff

Dr Boom's ability to bring out lethal out of the ether is fucking hilarious sometimes. Sometimes both Bots hit face and suddenly you have lethal.

I honestly think making him 7-5 would make very little difference.... it's the Bots that wreak havoc.

Since he gets BGH all the time, the HP is almost irrelevant. It's the bots. 0/1 deal 0-4 damage. In line with the card-text "may explode".

If you drop Dr. Boom first you automatically win, pretty much. From my experience in something like 50+ games the past day (I know it was 30+ because I capped out the gold reward for the day, which I've never done before).

Still hovering around rank 4. Streak up some, streak down some. But it seems for every decent win streak I'll have a terrible 7+ game loss streak sooner or later. Best I've got is like 3 stars into rank 3.

cackhyena

IMO the boombots is where the nerf should go. Some suggestions I've seen is making them 0/1 so you can somewhat play around the deathrattle (bonus: makes the "bots may explode" text actually mean something) or make them capable of hitting any target like the mad & madder bomber(er).

Huh, I kinda like those ideas.

Sblargh

Banned
lol.

Priest vs Shaman.

thoughtsteel two of his belchers; the two of mine in hand.

Obviously I belcher 4 turns in a row.
Later in the game; he uses one of his belchers; I mind control it.

Wasn't the optimal play, but I couldn't pass the opportunity.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Since he gets BGH all the time, the HP is almost irrelevant. It's the bots. 0/1 deal 0-4 damage. In line with the card-text "may explode".

It's not BGH'd every time. If he's a 7/5 that gives options to kill him that don't require BGH. Suddenly he's weaker to cards like Sylvanas, Shieldmaiden, Kill Command, Loatheb, etc.

I really don't like the idea of making the boom bots 0/1. Unless you're a deck that also runs things like argus it makes it super hard to activate the bots, so then he would only be about as good as war golem. It robs the card of most of its utility. The bots are a problem though. Anytime they deal 4 damage it's obscene. I always felt like they should just deal a straight 2 damage. That makes it easier for the opposing player to play around their effect since you can now predict how much damage they'll do.

Golgo 13

You crafted the best legendary card in the game, no need for second guesses
You're right. Also got a Leeroy Jenkins recently. With Warrior he seems decent, You can kind of buff him like Grommash to make him even better. Why did he drop in popularity so quickly; anyway? Loatheb?

You're right. Also got a Leeroy Jenkins recently. With Warrior he seems decent, You can kind of buff him like Grommash to make him even better. Why did he drop in popularity so quickly; anyway? Loatheb?

He costs 5 mana instead of 4, which makes him harder to use as a finisher. I think he's still used in face hunter and other aggro decks.

Kornflayx

Crazy couple of matches with my Druid today. Opponents play everything they have, no hand left. I topdeck Ancient of Lore every time and proceed to win with FoN + Roar combo. Feels good to be one topdecking the winning cards :p

What the fuck beats Freeze Mage?
Rank 5 and this is all I'm seeing.
My midrange hunter is getting destroyed.

Tech in Kezan Mystic to steal Ice Block. Then pretty much the only way they win is with Antonidas. Certainly gives you a better chance than otherwise.

But yeah Warrior kinda gets crushed by Mech Mage and oftentimes Midrange Hunter, while being dominant against Freeze Mage and Rogue. Also gets trashed on by Druid usually. It's really Rock Paper Scissors and it might take 5-10 games to see what's the most popular at the moment and be able to adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom