• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Adder

Banned
Edit: Oh. Well, don't dream too high, man. I have severe doubts about this deck's ability to make it to legend. I feel like I see a lot of weak cards that you've put in just because of hobgoblin.

Meh, if I don't make it, I don't make it. Not like it's going to hurt. But I'm liking the way it plays so far. We'll see how far I get before March.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Ok so I bought some decks and crafted Grommash for my Warrior. In my next game, Turn 8 I was down to half my health, the Paladin I'm playing has a full field of buffed recruits and full health, while my field was empty. Turn 9, I got Alexstrzsa, putting his health down to 15. His turn, he ignored Alex and buffed his minions and attacked. Turn 10, I did Grommash/Cruel Taskmaster, 20 damage in one round (Alex and enraged Grom) and won. Damn that was an insane comeback.

Cat Party

What's the highest fatigue damage you all have encountered? I managed to win a game where the other guy got to fatigue 7, but I bet plenty of people have gotten farther.

Dragner

Rocking midrange druid lately and feeling like the deck is really well positioned. Mech mage is still stupidly overpowered but well, you cant beat them if they draw right with almost any deck so whatever. But liking how my deck perform against anything else. Combo finishes just are too good to pass, lots of people dont respect the combo and get punished.

Golgo 13

Just had a priest buff a minion in Turn 9 to have a 106 attack. Nothing wrong with that, right guys? Fucking absurd.

Looks like I'm caught up with starter card unlocks ( all heroes to lvl 10.. felt faster when I just unucessarily drew out the game against AI) and have a size able collection, pulled two legendaries from consecutive packs- Vol'jin and Archmage... Do these two see play at higher levels?

johnsmith

remember me
Just had a priest buff a minion in Turn 9 to have a 106 attack. Nothing wrong with that, right guys? Fucking absurd.
Nope. Nobody plays those gimicky priest decks above rank 15. They aren't consistent.

Looks like I'm caught up with starter card unlocks ( all heroes to lvl 10.. felt faster when I just unucessarily drew out the game against AI) and have a size able collection, pulled two legendaries from consecutive packs- Vol'jin and Archmage... Do these two see play at higher levels?

Yes, both are good class legendaries. Keep them both.

Looks like I'm caught up with starter card unlocks and have a size able collection, pulled two legendaries from consecutive packs- Vol'jin and Archmage... Do these two see play at higher levels?

They're both great. Antonidas sees a lot of play right now, especially in mech mage with spare parts but he can really find his way into any mage deck honestly. Vol'jin can result in some crazy swings depending on what you steal health from and if you can kill that minion on the same turn you trade health with it.

Brofist

I'm starting to wonder if its even worth playing conservatively in arena. In most games that I try to trade sensibly I either eventually get run down by a very aggressive deck or eventually lose out to 1 (or more) big AoE spell, especially against mage. Seems pointless to play the long game against mages.

Golgo 13

Nope. Nobody plays those gimicky priest decks above rank 15. They aren't consistent.

Yes, both are good class legendaries. Keep them both.

I know it's a very rare combination of cards, but it's still lame that it can happen. I had like 45 HP at the time, too. Lol.

Golgo 13

Rocking midrange druid lately and feeling like the deck is really well positioned. Mech mage is still stupidly overpowered but well, you cant beat them if they draw right with almost any deck so whatever. But liking how my deck perform against anything else. Combo finishes just are too good to pass, lots of people dont respect the combo and get punished.
Yeah, Druid has insane finishers. And more chances to do them, too. I haven't fought many in the 13-16 Ranks, at all. Mostly Mages, Hunters, Paladins.

Last night after some good old RNG rage that made a simple win six times quest take forever, I bought a booster that had legendary, epic and a rare. Don't even remember the other cards, went to sleep right after opening, but the epic was some shaman(?) murloc and the legendary was Toshley.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to dust the murloc, but Toshley? Can I make him work? I play varying (not mech) mage and priest decks.

I'm thinking it's not that much of a game changer a legendary would suggest, but am I missing something?

Zemm

Really glad Silentstorm won ESL last night. Chakki is the luckiest player I've ever seen, plus his body language and expressionless face really fucking annoys me.

Ikkarus

Last night after some good old RNG rage that made a simple win six times quest take forever, I bought a booster that had legendary, epic and a rare. Don't even remember the other cards, went to sleep right after opening, but the epic was some shaman(?) murloc and the legendary was Toshley.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to dust the murloc, but Toshley? Can I make him work? I play varying (not mech) mage and priest decks.

I'm thinking it's not that much of a game changer a legendary would suggest, but am I missing something?
I might be in the minority here but I really like Toshley. He can trade really well with any minion his own level or below plus he has both a battle cry and death rattle effect. Sure, he's not a must have for any deck but he's fairly decent.

CoolOff

Main problem for Toshley is that the 5-slot is so crowded with Belchers, Loatheb, Azure Drakes, etc.

His value is pretty insane though, like a Mech Yeti on crack.

Toshley has done some good work for me in my Priest deck, for the most part he's easy to keep alive. Only issue is that he's a slow response to the slew of good five drops but deals with them well if you can get him to trade. Not the best against Sylvanas though worst case he'll only have two health.

Dragner

Toshley has a good body and that is it. The hability is kind of underwhelming since spare parts are not that awesome in general to justify playing a card just for them and the cost is in a spot where theres tons of competition.

Vio-Lence

Banned
ESL finals were pretty neat yesterday. The face hunter vs control warrior games of chakki and zalae were both so close. Silentstorm's demonlock did major work. It didn't seem like the winrate of his other decks was very good. Savjz should have played oil rogue instead of druid i think.

Flood of demolocks on ladder incoming.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Main problem for Toshley is that the 5-slot is so crowded with Belchers, Loatheb, Azure Drakes, etc.

His value is pretty insane though, like a Mech Yeti on crack.

Toshley is 6 mana though. And if he was 5 mana he'd be better than all of those.

Dragner

ESL finals were pretty neat yesterday. The face hunter vs control warrior games of chakki and zalae were both so close. Silentstorm's demonlock did major work. It didn't seem like the winrate of his other decks was very good. Savjz should have played oil rogue instead of druid i think.

Flood of demolocks on ladder incoming.

which is fine, the deck is skill intensive a newb trying to play it will wreck hard, the deck is full of nice and small interactions and without knowing thwem right is just a pile of garbage cards (mistress of pain, abusive sergeant,...)

cackhyena

What's the latest ETA on the iPhone version. With the 6 I finally feel like it might be playable on one.

I have a 6 now, so I'd be all about it. It's weird though, lately Hearthstone has been lagging pretty bad at times on my iPad Air. It never used to be like that.

Tacitus_

There really isn't any lock deck not running implosion atm. I am pretty sure handlocks are including it as well.

Just noticed I said voidcaller twice, meant voidwalker is atypical.

Yeah, I really don't count Implosion purely as a demon card. I was remembering the justsayians "demon deck" when I posted that last night.

iTxURV5.png

And the creators comment on his "demon" deck

I found that the less demons, the better.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Maybe not below rank 15 but up around 20 they are everywhere, and it's real hard to deal with them. I absolutely hate playing against the priest class up around rank 20, it seems like they all have the same deck with small variations in legendaries and I've (not lying here) lost my past 13 matches against priests. Yep, I've not won against a priest in the past 13 times I've played against them. Not won once. They just seem to have superior card synergy, great card drawing, and answers for everything on the board. It's so damn frustrating. I'd play the damned class but I don't have a good number of the cards that they all are playing so I can't make it work.

In comparison I have decent win rates against every other class no matter what class I'm playing up around ranks 17-20, it's only the priests giving me these problems.

I think from now on I'm just going to insta concede against priests, why waste my time even trying...

Szadek

Did I finally get an excuse to craft Malganis oh boy

How does that Silentstorm deck fare against Mech Mage and current Huntard?
I'm pretty sure the deck was made to counter mech mage,so that should be by far the best match up.
No idea how good it is against hunter,but I think it should do pretty well.

Xanathus

I'm pretty sure the deck was made to counter mech mage,so that should be by far the best match up.
No idea how good it is against hunter,but I think it should do pretty well.

It's decent against hunters too but I needed to make an adjustment to it because there was a bad card in the deck for that matchup, and it was missing an essential card for that matchup.

It was primarily used to drop Jaraxxus and taunt him up. Not much can past a 4/16 body.
It's like a Priests worst nightmare.

Except you better hope you can argus it up before the priest and use SW:pain on it. I generally try my hardest not to drop Jaraxxus on the board as a body because it's too easy for the Priest to fuck with it, and Jaraxxus is very essential to be used for the Infernals in the Priest matchup.

embalm

Silent Storm's Demon deck makes me pretty mad. It's really close to a demon deck I was running a month ago and had to drop because of all the aggro on ladder. Only about 4 cards are different and it brings down his mana curve. I wonder if that's enough to bring the deck up to par.

Of course one of the best things about the deck was people having no idea what they were up against. That won't be the case and I totally expect to see the ladder full of demons this week.

Xanathus

Silent Storm's Demon deck makes me pretty mad. It's really close to a demon deck I was running a month ago and had to drop because of all the aggro on ladder. Only about 4 cards are different and it brings down his mana curve. I wonder if that's enough to bring the deck up to par.

Of course one of the best things about the deck was people having no idea what they were up against. That won't be the case and I totally expect to see the ladder full of demons this week.

Yeah I'm pretty annoyed that it's getting popular too because one of the advantages it had was how unknown it was. Maybe it's time to switch to handlock when opponents start keeping their early removals in the starting hand.

Ikkarus

Yeah I'm pretty annoyed that it's getting popular too because one of the advantages it had was how unknown it was. Maybe it's time to switch to handlock when opponents start keeping their early removals in the starting hand.
Which is why I don't think it will do as well as people think. Granted its a good deck but for laddering I would rather opt for something else. Still, I expect the meta will shift towards it this week.

I'm not sure I'm playing Loethebb correctly. Every time I put him down...seems like it doesn't really stop the opponent from doing anything. I've played him both early and late...Usually he just gets quickly dealt with.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I've been saving up for Geddon and another Shield Slam to finish my control warrior deck. Just got both of them from opening 1 pack. Nice how that works out.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'm not sure I'm playing Loethebb correctly. Every time I put him down...seems like it doesn't really stop the opponent from doing anything. I've played him both early and late...Usually he just gets quickly dealt with.
Think about when and how to use him. To prevent aoe clears to protect your board, prevent burn, stopping rogue and druid combos, loatheb after freeze mage drops Alex, etc. Such a great card.

What's the highest fatigue damage you all have encountered? I managed to win a game where the other guy got to fatigue 7, but I bet plenty of people have gotten farther.
I was playing Fatigue Druid vs. Control Warrior and he had 30hp and around 45 armor at the end. I think I took him to 12 fatigue before he died.

Tacitus_

OK, Madder Bomber is about to join Lightspawn in my "never pick in arena" category. That's the 2nd match I've lost because of it. He has an unhealthy fascination of bombing my minions and my face over the opponents.

Aylinato

So, I got tired of priests yesterday and made a deck of only 4 attack creatures(as Druid) and holy shit the rage coming from every priest I faced when they had 4 cards that were useless in their hands was amazing.

Also what is this "fatigue" Mage you speak of. Mill?

JesseZao

OK, Madder Bomber is about to join Lightspawn in my "never pick in arena" category. That's the 2nd match I've lost because of it. He has an unhealthy fascination of bombing my minions and my face over the opponents.

Yeah. Bomb Lobber is the great new bomber card.

Frenden

Banned

Heh. Same. But if a lot of us non-streaming, experimenting folks were coming to these conclusions independently, one of the faces of HS was inevitably going to come to that same place.

Special C

Madder Bomber can be great in Arena, but you have to play them on a favorable board for you. You can usually stack the RNG odds in your favor. Problem is when you use him that way some times he becomes a dead card in your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom