• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Madder Bomber can be great in Arena, but you have to play them on a favorable board for you. You can usually stack the RNG odds in your favor. Problem is when you use him that way some times he becomes a dead card in your hand.

Oh, I know. But he hates me. Last week he had 5 targets - 2 enemy minions, my 6/7 ogre and our faces. I think his minions were about to die as well. After I played him - my ogre was a 6-2.

Fuck that bomber.

Magnus

So the current version of my Small Packages deck is doing an insane amount of work. The only thing I've lost to so far is fatigue mage. Can't wait until the march season. Gonna try to take it to legend.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_2212015204610_zps320156f6.png

Also, holy shit guys, I've built a deck that may be good that Dr. Boom would actually make worse

This looks like a lot of fun. I'll have to give it a go. Only have the one Coghammer, though.

So, I got tired of priests yesterday and made a deck of only 4 attack creatures(as Druid) and holy shit the rage coming from every priest I faced when they had 4 cards that were useless in their hands was amazing.

Also what is this "fatigue" Mage you speak of. Mill?
Sorta. It's similar in that you stall out the game until fatigue and then win but the strategy isn't to burn your opponent's cards. Fatigue mage uses belchers, death lords, duplicates, and echo to create a never ending wall of taunts while using removal spells to protect said wall. It's pretty fun and having a deathlord bypass essential battlecries from their deck is great.

JesseZao

Despite being an auto-include in just about every control deck, if she hasn't been nerfed by now I doubt she ever will.

Used to be 5 mana. Doubt she'll get touched again.

So what's the best deck/stats tracker? Never used one before and there seem to be a couple.

Hearthstone Tracker for stats only.
Hearthstone Deck Tracker if you want overlays for decks and some stat tracking.

(No reason you can't use both)

If sylvanas is ever nerfed it will be indirect nerfs to deathrattle order mechanics so there wouldn't be a refund for any card affected. Like, lets say they decide to make deathrattle's caused by battlecries resolve before the minion enters the field. So if you use a fire elemental's battlecry to kill a sylvanas, its deathrattle goes off before it has a chance to steal fire elemental.

I'm not saying they are gonna do that, but that is likely the only way sylvanas will ever see a nerf (outside of new cards being added, that is always an option).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
LTTP I know as I didn't really start playing this game till it hit on Android tablets, but I now own all of Naxx. I just saved up in game currency over the past few months, and I bought each wing as soon as I got 700 gold saved.

Now I can focus on arena or just getting card packs!

gutshot

Pretty much. He's like a less situational stampeding kodo, although obviously the stats aren't as good.

He really is quite good, especially because no one seems to expect him in constructed. Druids especially can't be happy when I Bomb Lobber their 4/4 stealthed Shade.

tylerf

Just had a freezing trap destroy a mad scientist and place the secret when activated instead of returning it to the mage's hand. Anyone ever seen something like that before?

ViviOggi

Just had a freezing trap destroy a mad scientist and place the secret when activated instead of returning it to the mage's hand. Anyone ever seen something like that before?

When a minion is sent from the board into a full hand it gets destroyed instead.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone know of this is cross play with iOS and Android, or vice versa? I would assume so but not sure.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anyone know of this is cross play with iOS and Android, or vice versa? I would assume so but not sure.

I believe all version of Hearthstone share the exact same (regional) servers, so it doesn't matter if you're on PC, iOS or Android. If your account is on the NA B.net servers you play with NA B.net people.

Why this isn't the norm but actually the exception when it comes to cross-platform games I have no fucking clue but there you have it.

egruntz

shelaughz
Really weird interaction just now. Can anyone explain?

Turn 9. Play Ragnaros and Stealth Spare Part.
Turn ends. Ragnaros blasts 8 damage to a minion.
Their turn. They can target Ragnaros with Hunter's Mark... How?
I hover over Rag. The "stealthed" effect is showing on the card text.
But he died. To a hound.

what

egruntz

shelaughz
Rag loses stealth when he activates.

So that's intentional? That doesn't seem like intuitive behavior... "Stealthed until start of next turn." Just cause a minion's effect activates doesn't mean its stealth should be lost. What about Warlock's imp? His effect takes place every single turn. Still stealthed.

KePoW

Banned
So that's intentional? That doesn't seem like intuitive behavior... "Stealthed until start of next turn." Just cause a minion's effect activates doesn't mean its stealth should be lost. What about Warlock's imp? His effect takes place every single turn. Still stealthed.

the warlock imp's effect isn't a damage attack

Ragnaros blasts fools for 8 dmg each turn... why shouldn't that unstealth him??

tylerf

More specifically, stealth lasts until a minion attacks or deals damage. That's why stealth Rag doesn't work.

When a unit deals damage, it breaks stealth. It would be the same if you stealthed a knife juggler and played a minion, the knife would break the stealth.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

The description for stealth is that the minion is hidden until the minion "attacks or deals damage." Rag deals damage with his ability. Think about the shenanigans that could occur if you could use Master of Disguise on Knife Juggler or Ragnaros.

CoolOff

Who would've thought Priest was the thing that would bring me towards legend. :) There's still time.

Got a list that completely destroys Hunter, so satisfying.

Magnus

Who would've thought Priest was the thing that would bring me towards legend. :) There's still time.

Got a list that completely destroys Hunter, so satisfying.

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.

I had to give up on priest for awhile this month. Was losing every game.

CoolOff

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.

I had to give up on priest for awhile this month. Was losing every game.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/2wvcsf/legend_priest_innovation_for_the_meta_game_no/

List:

http://gyazo.com/c82c85f064c200d057c53b99aa6bb9fd

I took out Thoughtsteal and both Sen'jins, added another Light of the Naaru and two Earthen Ring Farseers.

The only two games I've lost vs. Hunter was the Deathlords pulling out Highmanes mid-game, and this is out of at least 20-25 games.

dralla

Does anyone use Doomsayer? My deck is looking weak, I could break it down for some decent dust. I'm not sure I'd use it all that much. I could see it's use late game, But would it work as an early play to re-gain tempo/control as a Rogue or something?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Any badass warrior players here care to share their decks? I've found and used a few, but they seem to have seriously bad matchups to Mech Mage, Druid, etc. I have good cards but seem to be stuck around rank 14. I have pretty much all the essential warrior and general cards, SO I'm open to suggestion. :)

Tacitus_

Does anyone use Doomsayer? My deck is looking weak, I could break it down for some decent dust. I'm not sure I'd use it all that much. I could see it's use late game, But would it work as an early play to re-gain tempo/control as a Rogue or something?

Solitaire mages use it.

Heropon

I need some advice. I bought a pack and I've got a golden Tinkmaster Overspark but I'm not sure about his usefulness and I've been thinking about transforming him into another legendary. The only other non Naxxramas legendary I have is Ragnaros so having another good one would be fantastic but I don't really know if I want to lose the only golden legendary I have. What to do?

Brofist

Any badass warrior players here care to share their decks? I've found and used a few, but they seem to have seriously bad matchups to Mech Mage, Druid, etc. I have good cards but seem to be stuck around rank 14. I have pretty much all the essential warrior and general cards, SO I'm open to suggestion. :)

Control Warrior just takes experience to play. You usually want to mulligan for an axe, and keep low cost cards like Armorsmiths. Against the mech mage don't be afraid to use removal on their Snowchugger to keep your weapon from being locked up. Armor up as often as possible.

A mech mage with a perfect opener is just hard to beat.

I need some advice. I bought a pack and I've got a golden Tinkmaster Overspark but I'm not sure about his usefulness and I've been thinking about transforming him into another legendary. The only other non Naxxramas legendary I have is Ragnaros so having another good one would be fantastic but I don't really know if I want to lose the only golden legendary I have. What to do?

I'd disenchant it and make something else but at the same time I don't really have any affinity for golden cards myself.

Heropon

I'd disenchant it and make something else but at the same time I don't really have any affinity for golden cards myself.

Yeah, I think that's the wise thing to do. I don't know what I'm going to get from having a card doing nothing not matter how golden it is. Now the question would be what legendary I'd craft in its place. Sylvanas and Dr. Boom sound good but there are so many other good ones...

EmiPrime

3d1wrOz.jpg

This is more or less the cookie cutter control deck. Alex would be in there but I don't have her! :(

That said there's not much you can do against mech mage especially if they get a good opening hand.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I run that warrior deck with Alex. I am thinking of trying to swap out the armorsmiths for doomsayers to help with aggro decks.

do you guys avoid playing a specific deck archetype if you don't have the legend card available or if you do play it, how do you go about substituting legendary cards. I see a bunch of decks that have Dr. Boom as core or Sylvanas or Rag...but I just don't have any of these cards in my set.

EmiPrime

do you guys avoid playing a specific deck archetype if you don't have the legend card available or if you do play it, how do you go about substituting legendary cards. I see a bunch of decks that have Dr. Boom as core or Sylvanas or Rag...but I just don't have any of these cards in my set.

I played cheap to build face/aggro/zoo decks until I had the legendaries I needed to build a strong paladin control deck then I took it from there. I don't recommend substituting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom