• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

So, out of all the bullshit Hunters are up to, I just realised which card I hate the most. Haunted Creeper is just such an MVP for them. Who the hell has time to deal with it at turn 2? It's never worth the effort, but somehow it should be because it fucks you up so bad.

Xanathus

Tourneys need to stop inviting Forsen already, he's proven to be the worst player among the currently well-known players. Let him prove himself by going through qualifiers.

Raxus

Tourneys need to stop inviting Forsen already, he's proven to be the worst player among the currently well-known players. Let him prove himself by going through qualifiers.

Agreed. Hell, I can play better than Forsen. His streams are pretty funny to watch due to how knuckleheaded he can be.

Tacitus_

Ek0p needs to get invited so I can get some
on my popcorn.

Xanathus

He did go through the qualifier.
I just checked, Pinnacle did closed qualifiers so Forsen and others were invited for the tourney instead of opening it up anyone or having some requirement. It's practically the same as an invite, there are just more people.

Zemm

Forsens a good player but it's obvious judging from his steam he doesn't care about the game right now which sees him playing poorly. Can't blame him, it's a mess.

Vio-Lence

Banned
well wasnt Forsen rank 1 on all 3 servers with miracoli at the height of miracoli?

And his cancer chat used to be great, havent followed him since last summer.

Naka

I'm trying to decide what set of packs I should buy next. At this point I have most of the rares and epics from both Vanilla and GvG. I have a few legendaries from GvG but most notable is Dr. Boom. I'm still missing a few Vanilla legendaries like Alex, Grom, Ysera, Jaraxxus. What do you think is the best set of packs to buy? I'm kind of leaning more towards classic for the chance to get some more legendaries that can be used in a variety of decks. Thoughts?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm trying to decide what set of packs I should buy next. At this point I have most of the rares and epics from both Vanilla and GvG. I have a few legendaries from GvG but most notable is Dr. Boom. I'm still missing a few Vanilla legendaries like Alex, Grom, Ysera, Jaraxxus. What do you think is the best set of packs to buy? I'm kind of leaning more towards classic for the chance to get some more legendaries that can be used in a variety of decks. Thoughts?

What legendaries do you want from GvG? If the number of legendaries you want from GvG is more than half the number of legendaries you want from vanilla, then open GvG packs. If you want more than twice as many classic legendaries as GvG legendaries, than open classic packs.

You should generally approach opening packs as trying to minimize your chance of opening duplicate cards as much as possible. That's how you're going to save dust in the long run. Classic has about twice as many cards as GvG and so it's generally best to favor classic packs on a 2-to-1 ratio for this reason.

Naka

What legendaries do you want from GvG? If the number of legendaries you want from GvG is more than half the number of legendaries you want from vanilla, then open GvG packs. If you want more than twice as many classic legendaries as GvG legendaries, than open classic packs.

You should generally approach opening packs as trying to minimize your chance of opening duplicate cards as much as possible. That's how you're going to save dust in the long run. Classic has about twice as many cards as GvG and so it's generally best to favor classic packs on a 2-to-1 ratio for this reason.

Great points, thank you.

I'm honestly not sure what other Legendaries I want from GvG right now. Off the top of my head I would like a Sneed's, but can't think of anything else. I'll do some research and see what other Legendaies I want and go from there.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So the current version of my Small Packages deck is doing an insane amount of work. The only thing I've lost to so far is fatigue mage. Can't wait until the march season. Gonna try to take it to legend.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_2212015204610_zps320156f6.png

Also, holy shit guys, I've built a deck that may be good that Dr. Boom would actually make worse

So, update on playing that deck minus coghammer. Basically it just kept me spinning my wheels between rank 14 and 12 where i was before playing it. Could be my skill with the deck, but I'm noticing a lot of losses from them just ignoring my guys and hitting my face to death before I even get the mana to lay on hands. Obviously coghammer would probably help there.

_DrMario_

I'm trying to do my 5 War or Rogue win quest with the Basic + Naxx decks from hearthpwn and I can't fucking win. I have no trouble winning with the other classes Basic + Naxx decks but these two man, they seem to suck so fucking much.

Honestly I have no clue how I'm supposed to play them, I'm confused by some of the card choices.

I fucking hate this game so much sometimes.

KePoW

Banned
I'm trying to do my 5 War or Rogue win quest with the Basic + Naxx decks from hearthpwn and I can't fucking win. I have no trouble winning with the other classes Basic + Naxx decks but these two man, they seem to suck so fucking much.

Honestly I have no clue how I'm supposed to play them, I'm confused by some of the card choices.

I fucking hate this game so much sometimes.

Warrior Basic deck is very weak. I didn't have much luck with Rouge Basic either

I just delete that quest now (if you didn't know that you can)

Who won??

We were in a mutual top decing situaiton each with a creature on the board, an archmage on his side and an ogre on mine, and he just kept drawing polymorphs for every time I laid down a creature, pinging it, and hitting my face with the archmage. He won after 5 turns of this it was insane.

Pooya

With Iron Sensei you would think mech rogue could work but I rarely see anyone using it. Iron Sensei is a fun card overall. Maybe if it was 1/4 it could work. It's so easy to remove it.

CoolOff

With Iron Sensei you would think mech rogue could work but I rarely see anyone using it. Iron Sensei is a fun card overall. Maybe if it was 1/4 it could work. It's so easy to remove it.

I tried a version that someone attributed to hyp3d yesterday, it wasn't bad. Arcane Nullifiers being Sensei'd is insane.

FeD.nL

fuck that fucking piece of shit mechwarper card. 2 games in a row, 2 double mechwarper openings. Who the fuck designs these piece of shit cards.

Pooya

Oh boy, oh boy. I would have lost my mind if that was me playing the priest xD

iwGnX8T.jpg

if the Paladin had Equality too.. :p

Paladin has the best spells, powerful yet cheap, does crowd control really well. I'm going to main it next. It's so good to destroy mech mage, zoo and face hunters decks with it.

Szadek

Today I played 23 games,13 of them against mages and hunter.
Time to play Kezan Mystic.
My next most common match up are warrior,which are by far the best match up for shamans anyway.

Tomcat

Today I played 23 games,13 of them against mages and hunter.
Time to play Kezan Mystic.
My next most common match up are warrior,which are by far the best match up for shamans anyway.

kezan mystic and Harrison are a must
the former thinking to put it on my hunter deck too. Don't know if it worth it though.

Rosenskjold

if the Paladin had Equality too.. :p

Paladin has the best spells, powerful yet cheap, does crowd control really well. I'm going to main it next. It's so good to destroy mech mage, zoo and face hunters decks with it.

Oh yeah, that would have been perfect, I still lack a lot of the rare/epic pal cards though

Cat Party

Paladin is stressful to play against. You never know when you're gonna get fucked by equality.

At least with the mage you know you're only in danger of flamestrike from turn 7 on. Paladin can flip the board at any time.

Magnus

But the article's not saying the Giants are the problem. Raising their costs won't do anything to help bring 7+ attack minions back into the game. The problem's core is BGH systematically undercutting all future 7+ attack minions. It needs the change, whatever that change is.

Frankly I think it should cost more. 3 mana for a 4/2 body and what amounts to anywhere between (usually) 5 and 8 battlecry damage is crazy.

gutshot

But the article's not saying the Giants are the problem. Raising their costs won't do anything to help bring 7+ attack minions back into the game. The problem's core is BGH systematically undercutting all future 7+ attack minions. It needs the change, whatever that change is.

Frankly I think it should cost more. 3 mana for a 4/2 body and what amounts to anywhere between (usually) 5 and 8 battlecry damage is crazy.

Give it the Starving Buzzard treatment and make it a 5 mana 3/2. That should make it borderline unplayable.

The existence of Dr.Boom invalidates every argument against BGH.

Don't post in this thread much, but Dr. Boom shows that there is a threshold by which a high-cost BGH-vulnerable minion needs perform in order to get played. And in Dr.Boom's case, that's pretty effin' high.If anything, Dr. Boom shows just how much BGH is a all-access value play that hoses an entire archetype of minion design unless that design is extremely pushed.

JesseZao

BGH could be adjusted to leave behind a corpse when it kills something.

Maybe it leaves behind a "Wall of Bones" taunt minion.

I'm not sure how to concisely word it without using additional key words, but something like this:

BGH 4/2 3cost
Battlecry: [Beastslayer] Destroy a minion with 7 attack or greater. If you do, summon a Wall of Bones on minion's owner's side of the battlefield.

Wall of Bones 0/1 0cost
Taunt. Gain health equal to half of the destroyed minion (rounded down). [Passive] Can't attack.

Bgh stats could be adjusted, too, but I like naking it less of a "clean" kill instead.

Edit: I wanted to add "trophy" flavor, so maybe a minion or maybe character would get a "golden" trophy buff (becomes golden version of card and shines a bit brighter if already golden) when it clears the wall or maybe just damages it.

Massan just won a group stage with xixo, kolento, and gaara in it. That is a strong showing for anyone.

--

I think BGH is overall good for the game. It is slightly better than a hex on far fewer minions than hex.

Also blizzard has already caught on that people want big minions that don't just instantly lose to bgh. That is where dr. boom comes in. I won't be surprised if we see a 7-8 attack minion that summons another big minion. And even ragnaros always had that 1 shot before bgh could ever do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom