• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

What if, instead of destroying a minion, BGH did 6 damage to a minion with 7 attack or more? It would allow divine shield to deflect the effect, and it would require something else to finish off many of the minions targeted.

Special C

I'm not a fan of BGH. I think the best change would be to make it affect 5+ attack creatures and raise the mana cost to 6. 3 mana = SW:D, 3 mana for a 4/2 body. 7+ attack is too specific and lowers the value of too many cards.

ViviOggi

Kolento
dac15_sad.gif

G.ZZZ

Blizzard way to fix BGH:

make it cost 5. Bump stats to 4/3.

More intelligent way to fix BGH:

3 mana 4/3
Battlecry: deal 8 damage to target non-legendary minion with power 7 or greater.

Kill giants.

Hemengtwasdhashawary
5 mana 5/4
Battlecry: deal 8 damage to target legendary minion with power 7 or greater

So basically vs handlock you still can run double BGH, but against most other decks it's probably better to play 1xHemengwtshwary. This would also ensure that non-legendary creatures have actually a reason to be played because they're aren't vulenrable to Hemedsahswetwary, and Hemetwshwawarystill don't kill deathwing or Thaddius.

This would make Handlock probably a bit too good though, because everyone would switch BGH for Nemet to deal with Dr. Balanced.

Dahbomb

There should be a card that deals damage/kill minions with 7 or more health as well. Give Core Hound and Illidan some love!

The first order of business is to nerf Dr Balance and THEN talk about BGH. Right now even with BGH, Dr Balance ends up getting value even if he gets BGH'd.

kiryani

Totally agree with the BGH call. It's such a boring counter to big, fun minions.

I do wonder where the game is going though when it comes to things like this. Are we looking at magic style rotations? Maybe Classic expert will rotate out now and again and the meta will change?

It seems strange that the game could last so many years potentially and every drop of 7 or more attack dies to a 4 mana classic card

Dahbomb

There's nothing fun about Dr Balanced or most of the giants it ends up hitting. In the current meta (which is infested with Hunters, Mech/Shaman Mages and Druids) the only thing that BGH is even hitting is Dr Balanced and occasionally Ragnaros. The fact that Dr Balanced is even played in Aggro decks (even though their game plan is to finish the game before Dr Boom is even played) shows how fair and balanced the card is.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I run across this tactic occasionally -- shaman uses Kill Then Resummon on Kel'thusad and forces you to be able to kill 2 6/8 minions in one turn or lose the game.

It's not even a rare card combination, so don't give me that "it's too rare of an occurrence to be a valid concern" horseshit. ;P. Kills me every time.

What's the counter? Two silences in the same turn? Now THAT is something you very rarely have.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I run across this tactic occasionally -- shaman uses Kill Then Resummon on Kel'thusad and forces you to be able to kill 2 6/8 minions in one turn or lose the game.

It's not even a rare card combination, so don't give me that "it's too rare of an occurrence to be a valid concern" horseshit. ;P. Kills me every time.

What's the counter? Two silences in the same turn? Now THAT is something you very rarely have.

Kill them before it happens. Deathrattle Shaman is situationally powerful as hell but super inconsistent.

It's a 10 mana combo... not really much stronger than playing 1 kelthuzad on a decent board state.

It is really just super gimmicky. If kelthuzad is gonna win you the game, its not gonna be because you summoned 2 kelthuzads 9/10 times.

Szadek

Actually it is,because Deathrattle Shamans are terrible and usually die long before they can pull off any crazy combo.

Dahbomb

That Shaman deck is not viable in the current meta which is running Mid Range Hunter/Face Huntard/Ramp Druid/Mech Mage. All of those decks can finish the game before turn 10 or before KT becomes an issue.

I hope for their next PvE expansion they give more rewards for beating the Heroic bosses. I can use some dust or random packs.

So, out of all the bullshit Hunters are up to, I just realised which card I hate the most. Haunted Creeper is just such an MVP for them. Who the hell has time to deal with it at turn 2? It's never worth the effort, but somehow it should be because it fucks you up so bad.
The most scumbag play with Creeper is coin Turn 1 Creeper, Turn 2 Juggler rush Creeper into your 2 drop (usually killing it), Turn 3 Animal Companion that summons the 2/4 and you take like 7 face damage then either Defender of Argus or Dark Cultist the 1/1 spiders. After that it's Belcher/Loatheb, Balanced Highmane and then Dr Balanced for the finish.

Hunter thrives on annoying sticky minions to retain board control.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
wait are you fucking kidding me..... Just got him in a pack earlier and dusted him :/

stupid Synchronicity

You'd never see the animation anyhow.

It's not just BGH. There's a billion instant removals and pings out there, making almost anything that doesn't provide instant value worthless.

I just ran into a shaman that used it on turn seven thanks to farsight. Wasn't too much of a problem though because I just sapped one, and killed the other, because like I said, there's too many instant removals in this game. He gave up right as I was about to put down a Mimiron.

Golgo 13

Kill them before it happens. Deathrattle Shaman is situationally powerful as hell but super inconsistent.
How is it any less consistent than a Warrior using Cruel Taskmaster to Grommash for a finisher? Both require 10 mana, two separate cards in your hand at the same time, specific situations to be viable, etc. Makes no sense. Only difference is that the Warrior turn 10 combo has been around forever and is widely accepted. I honestly wish people wouldn't be so flippant sometimes. That card combination is not rare, and what I asked was "how to deal with it", not "tell me that it's not a problem because I say so".

gutshot

How is it any less consistent than a Warrior using Cruel Taskmaster to Grommash for a finisher? Both require 10 mana, two separate cards in your hand at the same time, specific situations to be viable, etc. Makes no sense. Only difference is that the Warrior turn 10 combo has been around forever and is widely accepted. I honestly wish people wouldn't be so flippant sometimes. That card combination is not rare, and what I asked was "how to deal with it", not "tell me that it's not a problem because I say so".

Warrior's finishing combo is viable in the meta because Warrior has a lot of great removal, survivability and card draw so they can consistently make it to turn 10 and later with the cards needed. Shaman's removal is just ok and their survivability and card draw is crap. That's why Deathrattle Shaman is a bad deck.

And people told you how to deal with it: kill him before he can pull off any crazy, late game 3-card combos.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Equality + Consecrate
Brawl + Whirlwind + Execute
Whirlwind + Execute + Execute
Poison + Oil + Oil + Blade Flurry
Sap + Sap
Hex + Hex
Hex + Earth shock
Freezing Trap
Molten Giant + Shadowflame
Poly + Poly
Frost Nova + Doomsayer
Mass Dispell
Sylvanas

I think you get the point. There are tons of ways to deal with Kel'thuzad + Reincarnate. If you see a Shaman playing an inordinate number of Deathrattles, Ancestral Spirit, or Reincarnate then you can prepare for it. What makes it different from Taskmaster + Grom or Force + Roar is that these combos will usually be played the turn they win the game. With any kind of Reincarnate/Kelthuzad shenanigans, not only do you need to cast it, but you need to wait for one more turn before they can actually do anything.

The other day I was playing a friendly against a Control Warrior who had Kel'Thuzad, Grommash and Shieldmaiden out. Rough times, right? No, because I was a Hunter and already had him down to 5. I just killed him on the next turn with 3 1/1s and Hero Power. Keep in mind Warrior has drastically more built in life gain than Shaman does.

Golgo 13

Warrior's finishing combo is viable in the meta because Warrior has a lot of great removal, survivability and card draw so they can consistently make it to turn 10 and later with the cards needed. Shaman's removal is just ok and their survivability and card draw is crap. That's why Deathrattle Shaman is a bad deck.

And people told you how to deal with it: kill him before he can pull off any crazy, late game 3-card combos.
I'd argue that it's viable against certain decks that aren't Aggro, warrior being one since the strategy to win involves going to round 10 at least.

It's less consistent because Shaman has a much harder time lasting long enough to actually pull off the combo and generally has less card draw to cycle his deck so that he can even find the necessary cards. Also, Warrior combo does 12 damage from hand and has more ways to activate Gromm (Death's Bite, Whirlwind), Shaman combo doesn't do anything immediately unless you already have board control so that you can revive two copies of your minions. It's a cool trick when you can pull it off, but it's not that easy. How do you deal with it? Silences and removals, but you're likely just going to have to accept your loss this game. Dude got off his ultimate combo, he earned the win.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I didn't say that the combo was inconsistent. I said the deck was. It's a pretty weak deck against aggro. Yes, double Kelthuzad is very difficult to deal with. That doesn't mean the deck is a problem.

Actually it is,because Deathrattle Shamans are terrible and usually die long before they can pull off any crazy combo.
I played a lot of deathrattle shaman right after Naxx and this is 100% true. If it's turn 10 and you spend your entire turn doing nothing but playing two 6/8s without taunt you lose unless you are already ahead enough to win anyway.

Dahbomb

Nah Warrior has other ways to set up Grommash without Taskmaster.

Whirlwind + Grommash
Hit something with Death Bite a turn before, then next turn lay down Grommash + use Death Bite

Also Warrior can win without using Grommash combo. He has Alextrasza and a bunch of other big minions like Dr Balanced. Not only that but he can actually survive until he uses that combo with good removals, weapons and armor gains.

Golgo 13

I was just opening card packs and I got a big pop-up message that I accidentally dismissed because I was tapping all around the screen opening packs. Anyone know what this was? Afterward, it sounded like a congratulatory sound, but I'm not competent sure.

KePoW

Banned
I was just opening card packs and I got a big pop-up message that I accidentally dismissed because I was tapping all around the screen opening packs. Anyone know what this was? Afterward, it sounded like a congratulatory sound, but I'm not competent sure.

If you get a Legendary/Epic/Golden, it gives you a more congratulatory cheer sound

iirate

If you were opening classic packs, it might have been Old Murkeye, Captain's Parrot, or the gold version of either.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, you likely got every Murloc and got the bonus murloc legendary.

Magnus

You might have been awarded Ol' Murk Eye for obtaining one of every Murloc card in the game. Surprised me too!

Currently sitting at an 86% winrate with the deck I'm laddering with. It's actually higher if you include the 5+ games I won when playing with it on iPad. Beat a value/echo Mage which felt good, really tight game with me dodging Rag hits for like 4 turns. Only game I've lost tonight was against a Shaman, but I misplayed there in an attempt to be greedy with Mind Control Tech.

Mostly been farming Druids, 4-0 against them. All different kinds too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhzXMKwzJGg

Reynad talked about MagicAmy last night.

tldr: he stands by her, and blasts everybody that accused her, including all of reddit.

Honestly I was initially convinced about the whole thing. But later on, I started to have serious doubts. I don't think the evidence is even compelling. It had some shock value, but later I don't think it has any substantial truth to it.

The thing is, we won't ever know the full story either way. Though the evidence was mostly circumstantial, there was enough shady stuff going on for some serious questions to be raised (that weren't fully answered). If indeed she was one singular person instead of an amalgamation of some sorts, then it's not completely unreasonable that it would be better to pull out of the scene entirely than deal with an exceptional amount of scrutiny. But I think there would have been a lot more to gain than to lose by simply streaming or attending a LAN event and refuting the doubters if everything was above board. The fact that she didn't choose that option tells me that something unscrupulous was taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom