• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

If I change regions, do I get all the bonuses again? like ipad/android free pack, 100 gold for 100 wins. things like that. or should I just make a separate account?

JesseZao

If I change regions, do I get all the bonuses again? like ipad/android free pack, 100 gold for 100 wins. things like that. or should I just make a separate account?

I don't see why not. Each region is considered a fresh account. I haven't bothered myself, but it'd be easy to test. The only thing I did on my main account for the other regions was snag the first wing of Naxx when it was free.

Mirimar

Quick question for those playing Hearthstone on their mobile phones using a modified apk. How do we receive patch updates? Will I need to re-download another modified apk of the entire install?
Playing on a OnePlus one, for reference.

JesseZao

Quick question for those playing Hearthstone on their mobile phones using a modified apk. How do we receive patch updates? Will I need to re-download another modified apk of the entire install?

Each patch requires a new modified .apk, unfortunately.

After a patch it said I needed to go to the app store to update and it would not update since it isn't a supported device. So at least for the google play version you need to likely update another way. I can't say for the amazon. I just decided to wait til it gets an official version.

Brofist

Go through the process again with the updated version. Fortunately the number of updates has been few.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The thing is, we won't ever know the full story either way. Though the evidence was mostly circumstantial, there was enough shady stuff going on for some serious questions to be raised (that weren't fully answered). If indeed she was one singular person instead of an amalgamation of some sorts, then it's not completely unreasonable that it would be better to pull out of the scene entirely than deal with an exceptional amount of scrutiny. But I think there would have been a lot more to gain than to lose by simply streaming or attending a LAN event and refuting the doubters if everything was above board. The fact that she didn't choose that option tells me that something unscrupulous was taking place.

Or maybe she's just anxious about putting herself out in public. Proven right to be anxious about that too, given how hard she's been attacked over unproven accusations.

I mean, if this was all a ploy to fool everyone into giving her money, wouldn't she want to stream all the time?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Ok, had to share an awesome combo I just did.

I had a Harvest Golem, Sunwalker and Black Knight on the board after my opponent Faceless Manipulator copied my Sunwalker. Turn 7 he plays a Sylvanis and gives her +2/+2 taunt to make her and 7/7. Turn 8 for me, I use Faceless Manipulator on his Sylvanis and then BGH my own copy and steal his. I wasn't even sure you could BGH your own minions but apparently you can.

He conceded.

Brofist

I had a Harvest Golem, Sunwalker and Black Knight on the board after my opponent Faceless Manipulator copied my Sunwalker. Turn 7 he plays a Sylvanis and gives her +2/+2 taunt to make her and 7/7. Turn 8 for me, I use Faceless Manipulator on his Sylvanis and then BGH my own copy and steal his. I wasn't even sure you could BGH your own minions but apparently you can.

He conceded.

Yep. Unless it specifies on the card enemy minion like the Warrior execute card anything goes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

He conceded.

Warrior can also use Cruel Taskmaster + BGH on their own sylvanas in a pinch.

OckcRKq.jpg

Made it BOYS! *tear*

76%+ Winrate with Paladin from like rank 3 on. 8-0 vs. Druids.

Decklist:

Dahbomb

I am rank 6 right now, I feel if I can grind the next 3 days I can make it to Legend.

But the bull shit gets to me sometimes man... I cannot play Hearthstone in large doses or I start to get mental.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. Unless it specifies on the card enemy minion like the Warrior execute card anything goes.

Sometimes I wonder why they specify things on some cards. Why is Argent Protector limited to doing divine shields for friendly minions? Is the Blood Knight combo with it really that OP that they had to specify it like that?

Bought some packs in celebration. Got Blingtron and Onyxia. Not the best, but hey, legendaries!

Not sure if I keep them or not. Maybe Blingtron for shenanigans, but Onyxia is pretty useless, so I might just dust her to help craft something else. Harrison probably my next craft, but there's a handful of GvG rares and epics I'm missing that would be useful too (most notably Second Implosion, Mistress of Pain x2, Piloted Sky Golem(s), Echo of Medivh x2, Coghammer(s), Unstable Portal x2, Powermace x2, Bomb Lobber x2)

Tacitus_

Hunh, that was an... interesting deck I just ran into. He got every single warlock spell that does damage, a bunch of demons and some other stuff. Not that it helped him, other than sacrificing my doomguard that he popped out of a voidcaller.

The Adder

Banned
Went from 15 to 13 tonight with my deck. So far the least useful cards have been, Imp Master and, strangely, Consecration.

Consecration has being used so sparsely has mostly been down to the opponent's rarely having a full board and there being generally better plays to make. I, however, hesitate to remove it because the few times it HAS seen play it has been crucial.

Imp Master... I need to find something better to put in the deck, plain and simple.

Szadek

Once again, HS defies it's own rules.
Since the pyromancer was on the board when the spell was cast,its effect should have been activated.
It's "After you cast a spell, deal 1 damage to ALL minions.", not "After you cast a spell and its effect resolves, deal 1 damage to ALL minions."
Pyromancer always worked like that and the wording of his card effect is unique.

Dragner

Brickwalled with my midrange druid against a wall of mech mages with the nut draw. Doing well against other archetypes but even keeping good hands with chow, wrath and taunt Im getting destroyed, Druid removal outside of wrath is not good against them (swipe is lacking).

So I changed to SilentStorm demonlock deck, added a bit more lifegain and on a winning streak again. Will try to push to rank 5 and improve my last season.

Next month I have a week off work so maybe Ill try push to legend. Will see.

Maaan, I feel like this has happened before. I just beat a quest and got 10g from 3 wins to be at exatcly 150 and went to arena. I picked what I think is gonna be a pretty decent deck only to get a non-stop loading reel after clicking Play. Eventually got kicked and saw that there is maintenance going on for the next hour and a half, sheeeeit

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Went from 15 to 13 tonight with my deck. So far the least useful cards have been, Imp Master and, strangely, Consecration.

Consecration has being used so sparsely has mostly been down to the opponent's rarely having a full board and there being generally better plays to make. I, however, hesitate to remove it because the few times it HAS seen play it has been crucial.

Imp Master... I need to find something better to put in the deck, plain and simple.

From what I played of your deck, I completely agree. Imp Master was one of the first cards I gave up on, and consecration might not be good depending on the meta you're facing, with 2 damage not doing much given the type of minions you're playing.

I might recommend Avenge as a possible card to include instead, seeing as it's a deck that should have two or more minions on the board at any given time and there's not really anything else to do turn one. Blessing of Kings is also pretty amazing with Echoing Ooze, and is pretty good on it's own, but there might be a little too much emphasis on Echoing Ooze as it is in that deck.

That said, I averaged rank 13 with your deck, so take that how you will.

Pooya

Changed region, put together a quick terrible Warlock deck. People I was playing with at first were obviously new to game, 6-7 wins later... Dr. Boom drops in front of me then Jaraxxus wtf, when I have all garbage cards. p2w is real.

Dragner

Changed region, put together a quick terrible Warlock deck. People I was playing with at first were obviously new to game, 6-7 wins later... Dr. Boom drops in front of me then Jaraxxus wtf, when I have all garbage cards. p2w is real.

Europe I suppose? Here you are facing tournament decks from early ranks. Idk other regions.

Heropon

So I'm doing fairly well against a Shaman that has a deck obviosly better than mine and then the late game comes and he summons legendary after legendary. I better give up on using Shaman until I get better cards, I feel like I don't know what I'm really doing and I don't have enough cards to do a specific good role. I'll limit myself to Face Hunter for now. :(

Dragner

So I'm doing fairly well against a Shaman that has a deck obviosly better than mine and then the late game comes and he summons legendary after legendary. I better give up on using Shaman until I get better cards, I feel like I don't know what I'm really doing and I don't have enough cards to do a specific good role. I'll limit myself to Face Hunter for now. :(

Thats the problem with hearthstone, there's a ton of amazing late game legendaries that can turn a game easily so the only ways to fight is...get the same cards or join the face agro deck legions and win games before this cards join the game. That makes miserable playing control as legendaries make miserable the casual player experience. So yeah, a lot of poor design in hearthstone, but the game is young, MTG was balanced like garbage on his first 10 years so it has time to improve.

Heropon

Thats the problem with hearthstone, there's a ton of amazing late game legendaries that can turn a game easily so the only ways to fight is...get the same cards or join the face agro deck legions and win games before this cards join the game. That makes miserable playing control as legendaries make miserable the casual player experience. So yeah, a lot of poor design in hearthstone, but the game is young, MTG was balanced like garbage on his first 10 years so it has time to improve.

I hope it gets better but by the time it happens I suppose I'll have better cards. Even though I was complaining I sometimes like fighting one of those legendary spammers and winning somehow. That Faceless Manipulator I got in a random card pack has been invaluable.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Oil rogue is super cheap to build and the strongest deck out there.

Mech Mage is almost as cheap to build and is the second strongest deck right now.

Shaman requires no legendaries to be good, one epic in doomhammer.

If you are stuck at lower ranks, it's because you're making bad plays, or have a bad deck.

ViviOggi

Oil Rogue the strongest deck? I need to see the receipts. Haven't been following HS too closely the past two weeks or so but from what I've played myself and seen in tournaments then the deck was very dependent on good draws, not even close to the consistency of old Miracle.

Heropon

Oil rogue is super cheap to build and the strongest deck out there.

Mech Mage is almost as cheap to build and is the second strongest deck right now.

Shaman requires no legendaries to be good, one epic in doomhammer.

If you are stuck at lower ranks, it's because you're making bad plays, or have a bad deck.

I've just defeated a superior oil rogue with my own rogue without Tinker's Sharpsword Oil so I think I'm not that bad. I was just ranting a little. :(

I have doomhammer but I don't think that card alone saves you from Kel'Tuthad + Dr. Boom + Al'Akir.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Oil Rogue the strongest deck? I need to see the receipts. Haven't been following HS too closely the past two weeks or so but from what I've played myself and seen in tournaments then the deck was very dependent on good draws, not even close to the consistency of old Miracle.

I'm talking about Ladder, which is a different beast. he only really bad matchup at the moment is Face Hunter, Control warrior is maybe a slight disadvantage, but not nearly as played.

Oil Rogue is strong, but almost always an uphill battle against draws. You either crush or get crushed. I'm not sure if it's really that popular though since I only faced I think two from rank 4-3 onwards. Druid and Mage (of various sorts) were the most common matchups. I didn't lose against a single Druid with Paladin - absolutely destroyed them, even with ramp. Mage I went 6-2, with Kezan Mystic pulling some huge weight, only losing to some pretty crazy Mech Mage draws. One in particular she was able to slam Dr. Boom on 7, then Antonidas/Cloaking Field on 8.

But the meta is definitely different at higher ranks, and playing Paladin for the past couple days that I did was a conscious choice to try and counter what I was seeing the most and least of.

Dragner

Oil Rogue is strong, but almost always an uphill battle against draws. You either crush or get crushed. I'm not sure if it's really that popular though since I only faced I think two from rank 4-3 onwards. Druid and Mage (of various sorts) were the most common matchups. I didn't lose against a single Druid with Paladin - absolutely destroyed them, even with ramp. Mage I went 6-2, with Kezan Mystic pulling some huge weight, only losing to some pretty crazy Mech Mage draws. One in particular she was able to slam Dr. Boom on 7, then Antonidas/Cloaking Field on 8.

But the meta is definitely different at higher ranks, and playing Paladin for the past couple days that I did was a conscious choice to try and counter what I was seeing the most and least of.

I have to give Paladin another try, it was working wonders for me but suddenly the meta became hostile to it. My list is almost the same that the one you ran (-1 kezan +1 piloted sky golem)

Szadek

Today my winrate is insane today with 72%.
I'm at rank 2 right now,if it keeps going like this I'm will reach legend in no time.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Strange having nothing to really spend gold on, accumulating it for the next potential expansion.

Personally really hope its more naxrammus stuff BUT with more cards introduced, i loved working out how to beat bosses with weird decks.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Once again, HS defies it's own rules.
Since the pyromancer was on the board when the spell was cast,its effect should have been activated.
It's "After you cast a spell, deal 1 damage to ALL minions.", not "After you cast a spell and its effect resolves, deal 1 damage to ALL minions."

That makes sense to me, the effect is after the spell is cast, not WHEN it's cast.

br3wnor

No card collectible game makes it so that people who have spent no money or put the time in can compete regularly with those that have.

I don't get why people get so hung up on this, why would blizzard balance the game so that someone who makes a deck with just basic cards has an even chance against someone who's been playing and collecting for a year? They make an ass ton of money from people buying cards, if anything they'll continue to balance the game more towards people who can acquire the top tier cards, just the way it goes.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Made it BOYS! *tear*

76%+ Winrate with Paladin from like rank 3 on. 8-0 vs. Druids.

Decklist:

Congrats! I have yet to do better than rank 17 so obviously I have a LOOONNGGG road ahead of me. Honestly with the late start I had and the state of my collection of cards (sitting at 36% right now) I'm not sure I'll ever be able to "catch up" without spending huge amounts of money to buy cards. It's just not possible to earn gold fast enough from dailys alone, especially if they continue to introduce new cards regularly. But, time will tell I guess.

Part of me wants to dust lots of my cards craft one very good deck. But then another part of me wants to collect all of the cards too which goes against that. Other than the Naxx cards I only have two legendaries, Ysera and The Beast. I may just dust The Beast to craft some rares and epics I want, I mean I can't see myself ever playing that card anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom