• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, HS defies it's own rules.
Since the pyromancer was on the board when the spell was cast,its effect should have been activated.
It's "After you cast a spell, deal 1 damage to ALL minions.", not "After you cast a spell and its effect resolves, deal 1 damage to ALL minions."

Pyro never activates if it is dead before the ability goes off. You're thinking of a different game or rule I guess.

Oh man I just had a 4-3 arena run and the decks I lost to I got absolutely rocked by.

a) Chow. Chugga. Spider Tank. Blast Mage.

b) Coin Mechwarper, Clockwork Gnome. Then other shenanigans like spell power Consecrate and two Dark Iron Dwarfs.

c) Two Shrinkmeisters, Cabal. Time Rewinder. Mind Control. Plus Upgraded Repair Bot on a stolen Chugga. Besides the usual Dark Cultist BS. The second time Cabal was used he stole a Sunwalker and I conceded.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That's nice, lots of cool people/things there. Should be fun to see them turn into cards.

Blackrock seemed pretty obvious for the next adventure, Nefarian is notably absent from the pool of legendaries right now. Although I wasnt guessing Molten Core since Ragnaros and Geddon are already cards. Don't think other Molten Core legendaries are really needed though, maybe Garr and Majordomo at best. Or Golemagg?

Premature, but I'm guessing third adventure will be Old Gods or Burning Crusade stuff. Or trolls.

Golden celebration? Maybe every card will be temporarily golden? Or crafting cost of gold cards goes down temporarily?

Tacitus_

Amaz can't count to 14
BFY1H7z.png

2x2 dmg on board, savage in hand, coin in hand, 6 mana and just topdecked swipe

Special C

Cool to see MC and BWL Those 2 and AQ are the only things Ive ever raided in WoW. Naxx Came out right when I quit.

Will be a fun trip down nostalgia lane.

ViviOggi

More like Molten Bore

Still I'd be very happy if the next expansion was around the corner, kinda burned out on the game again. So we're expecting an announcement at PAX then?

SOILERS

Thinking more about it, I don't know if Nefarian will appear. It depends what part of Blackrock they do. They could just do Depths and focus on the Dark Irons, there are a ton of bosses down there, and that works closely with Molten Core. However, it could also just be two big wings, each with a main focus being Ragnaros and Nefarian.

I'm more excited about the raid mechanics though. I didn't do MC that much in ol' days, but they had some kind of interesting stuff in there. I just really liked how Naxx turned out. It'll just be interesting to see how they want to add cards to the game and such.

And yeah, from the sound of it, the final thing is just some one year celebration. Would be cool if it dealt with golden cards in some fashion.

JesseZao

PAX Panel:

So we heard you guys liked the quick release schedule for gvg after being announced...SURPRISE New Adventure out now!

Activision gets a huge boost to fiscal year '14 earnings report.

ZealousD

I'm more excited about the raid mechanics though. I didn't do MC that much in ol' days, but they had some kind of interesting stuff in there. I just really liked how Naxx turned out. It'll just be interesting to see how they want to add cards to the game and such.

Most of the MC bosses were pretty tanky-spanky, it was WoWs first raid. Most of the Salamander bosses just had a couple offtanks you had to kill first with maybe a couple dispel mechanics? One Salamander had a teleport and AoE. Magmadar had a fear. Garr had offtanks. Golemagg had offtanks and an enrage. Even Ragnaros was rather boring, he had a tank knockback and then he submerged halfway through the fight and spawned a wave of adds. Baron had his bomb thing, probably the only thing I see translating well to Hearthstone.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Is there a consensus in the Hearthstone as to which classes are strongest/weakest right now? I'm not a Hearthstone master, but from my experience right now, Mage, Warlock, and Paladin are tops while Priest and Warrior are near the bottomm. Game isn't so imbalanced that any class is invalid, but that's my view. What about you guys?

ZealousD

Is there a consensus in the Hearthstone as to which classes are strongest/weakest right now? I'm not a Hearthstone master, but from my experience right now, Mage, Warlock, and Paladin are tops while Priest and Warrior are near the bottomm. Game isn't so imbalanced that any class is invalid, but that's my view. What about you guys?

Mage and Hunter are top tier. Druid and Paladin below them I think.

I think this is the first time in awhile (if ever) that Warlock is not top tier. Zoo suffered from the soulfire nerf and it's a bad meta for Handlock. Jury is out on Demonlock.

JesseZao

Depends on the meta of the week, really. Game is in a good spot generally speaking.

ViviOggi

TL's power ranking for this month was just published today: www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/478662-power-rank-february-2015

Magnus

Exciting leak on the new adventure. Yay!

I LOVE seeing how WoW mechanics and characters are translated into the HS world. They've done a really solid job with that so far, imo.

Depends on the meta of the week, really. Game is in a good spot generally speaking.

Aside from Mech Mage being everywhere - I kind of agree. I'm seeing a healthy mix of variety in class and decktype these days.

Spoliers
Yeah, I forgot that Molten Core basically boils down to kill the right thing at the right time. I just see something like Garr and Golemagg being somewhat decent. They should just do Firelands instead, shame it's less iconic.

Also, is there a point to spoiler tags anymore? It's been mentioned a few times now.

Raxus

Blackrock has five dungeons and can also contain Warcraft 1/2 or Draenor stuff if they want given the history.

Cool that sounds more like it. It has been so long since I played WoW I only remember three dungeons at Blackrock and one was a raid that deviated from a dungeon 0.o.

JesseZao

Cool that sounds more like it. It has been so long since I played WoW I only remember three dungeons at Blackrock and one was a raid that deviated from a dungeon 0.o.

One thing I'm surprised they haven't done is tie the adventures back into wow. Beat the adventure and get a tier set transmog for your wow characters (alt coloring to appease the whiners).

Would be cool to get T2 transmogs if they are sending us to MC, BWL, etc.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Depending upon how you deem them you have BRD, UBRS/LBRS, MC, and BWL. Then Cata added BLC and BLD.

ViviOggi

Thanks for that. Pretty cool to see. So is that list determined by how many of each class are I'm the legend category?
I can't make anything of that chart tbh, they used to have pro players rate the classes so maybe it's that and they forgot the explanation this time around. I don't think Blizzard has ever published data on legend outside of that fun facts thing they did a couple of months ago.

Dahbomb

I don't know how much that list factors in Ranked Ladder because it has Hunter at tier 3 even though it's all over Ladder right about now and doing pretty well. It was so much on Ladder that the Druids had to start stuffing their decks with Taunts to control them.

Played the same priest twice in a row. It's already a hard matchup for paladin, but this guy had stupidly good draws. Got both clerics out within 5 turns both games which really just shuts you down. He drew a shit load of cards with not much I could do about it.

Second game he thoughtstole Muster + Quartermaster combo. That's my "Why do bad things happen to good people?!" of the day.

People make such strange plays in arena.

I coin out Whirling Zap, he pings it (Mage). I play Flametongue and hit for 10. Then instead of pinging it dead he plays Razorfen Hunter so I end up with a free 20 damage. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Played the same priest twice in a row. It's already a hard matchup for paladin, but this guy had stupidly good draws. Got both clerics out within 5 turns both games which really just shuts you down. He drew a shit load of cards with not much I could do about it.

Second game he thoughtstole Muster + Quartermaster combo. That's my "Why do bad things happen to good people?!" of the day.
Yeah, I'll use even my best removals to get rid of those clerics early. Priests will just ruin you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom