• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Help!

I can't for the life of me remember which card has the "For Kel Thuzad!" attack sound and it's driving me crazy. I don't know wow lore at all and Google hasn't helped.

Gnimsh is just an awful caster

Yeah, he really really really is bad. Like really really really really fucking terrible. Like he needs lessons in broadcasting terrible. Formulate his thoughts better instead of rambling on and on. I ended up just turning off the stream after amaz's match ended... gonna watch some netflix.

Also, the standard last hero standing format just seems so boring compared to ESL's legendary series.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I really like Crush. Props to whoever mentioned it earlier in this thread. Having a removal for 3 Mana is really useful. :)

Haha. just had my first rage friend request.

This pally dropped a sky-golem while i had harrison , swd, and mind control in hand.

Knew he was baiting the Mind Control but i played it anyways. What do you know? Next turn he drops tirion and i destroy him.

Accept friend request and msg "?".

"Fuck off F*g"

Laughter was had.

There's no better feeling than that sweet justice you feel when you beat an opponent whose been spamming emotes at you the entire game. So good.

Golgo 13

There's no better feeling than that sweet justice you feel when you beat an opponent whose been spamming emotes at you the entire game. So good.
I love that! I never taunt unless someone else does, and only on my killing turn.

The worst kind of taunting is when you're losing really badly and someone keeps saying "well played", because you know he/she is being a total wise-ass.

Turns out Reincarnate Shaman is shit at legend. Who woulda thunk.

My fun, can't be having that can we.

Not that it really matters. Not trying to qualify for Blizzcon or anything.

Though I might do some tryharding later today anyway. WAS 300 something the other day after entering legend in the 500s and playing top 100s there and on the way to legend. I'm at like 1500 now after some bad luck and messing around.

Golgo 13

Turns out Reincarnate Shaman is shit at legend. Who woulda thunk.

My fun, can't be having that can we.

Not that it really matters. Not trying to qualify for Blizzcon or anything.

Though I might do some tryharding later today anyway. WAS 300 something the other day after entering legend in the 500s and playing top 100s there and on the way to legend. I'm at like 1500 now after some bad luck and messing around.
I knew there was more to Reincarnate shamans... But everyone kept saying no. :p

Shiver

tay zonday opening packs right now. in just a few packs he has gotten onyxia, illidan, millhouse and golden tinkmaster overspark.

edit: and nat pagle.

Levi

Banned
Gonna end my second season of Hearthstone at the same gd rank as season one. I don't understand how I can go 9 and 2 to get to 11 a week ago and then drop stars like crazy every day after. So I'm 15 again. My combo druid was unbeatable and now just loses. That control paladin that got me 9 and 2 my first time taking it in ladder just loses. Got desperate and made a midrange hunter and a mech mage but taking new (to me) decks on ladder probably was a dumb idea. All I wanted to do was hit single digits this season. I'm pretty disheartened.

tylerf

Started playing on a different server on a whim and after loading up a casual game with the preincluded mage deck my opponent frostbolted himself in the face on turn 2. I almost feel bad for laughing at a new player but it was so funny.

Xanathus

In a single day?You would need to play the entire day and have a winrate of at least 60,better 70%.

A lot of people get 5 to legend within a single day, some even do it from the start of season. It literally comes down to luck and playing a deck that does well in the meta. An example of the latter is xixo.

Haunted

Just had a beautiful Gorehowl + Reversing Switch on Ysera + Ysera Awakens = 24 burst damage finish against a Shaman with ridiculous board control (but no taunt).

Good times.

Haunted

Ok, here's a game design question.

Should attacking a hero who has a weapon equipped hurt the minion for that weapon damage and remove one durability?

Rapstah

Should attacking a hero who has a weapon equipped hurt the minion for that weapon damage and remove one durability?

If you can get an enemy minion to attack the enemy hero during his turn with Misdirect, this will actually happen. They're too deep into their current design to change it for all weapons, but maybe there's room for a weird weapon in some expansion that stays active on your opponent's turn too, like a 1/8.

Haunted

If you can get an enemy minion to attack the enemy hero during his turn with Misdirect, this will actually happen. They're too deep into their current design to change it for all weapons, but maybe there's room for a weird weapon in some expansion that stays active on your opponent's turn too, like a 1/8.
Really? I didn't know that.

Interesting info on how weapon damage works, though (active on your own turn).

ViviOggi

Fuck no, that kills weapons. It would be an insane buff to aggro decks who could remove weapons with their trashiest minions. Weapon classes become worthless tier, Warrior could never get even to the midgame without favorable weapon trades and Rogue loses its one board clear in Blade Flurry, for which you often need to hold onto a buffed charge over multiple turns.

^ Misdirection behavior is so illogical. It doesn't remove a charge though, just damages the minion.

Vitanimus

so I got a golden tinkmaster overspark *.* I should definitely dust this considering my lack of "essential" cards like Sylvanas, right?

Mutombo

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not so good at this game.

I've done over 15 arena runs the past weeks and have never been able to get more than 5 wins.

Max I've been is rank 10, when the new GvG cards came out most folks didn't have an answer to the new paladin cards.

Playing against Priests and Mages is a pain in the ass, can't have fun with an original deck in the game because I'll be losing to decks that are doing well in the meta. That somehow takes a bit of fun out of it.

Have a few legendaries, but when I'm climbing ranks I always lose to players that start whipping out legendary after legendary at the end game.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun game, but at this point I almost stop to see the point to keep playing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
20-15 rank is sooooo fucked.

Game actually gets easier at rank 15-10.

20-15 has no rhyme or reason to how shit goes down. It's a free for all that says fuck the meta let's just do crazy off the wall shit.

Dragner

20-15 rank is sooooo fucked.

Game actually gets easier at rank 15-10.

20-15 has no rhyme or reason to how shit goes down. It's a free for all that says fuck the meta let's just do crazy off the wall shit.

20-15 is also full of golden portrait farmers, its the biggest gap. 10-5 is the easiest for me.

ViviOggi

Kaldi so bad
cBj1LTf.png

Xanathus

That RDU match shows why I don't think that face hunter is so good. It's so easy to stall if you don't draw a nice opening.

Eh that's not a normal occurrence, RDU got the perfect hand and draws. Face hunter is still favored over Oil Rogue. Oil Rogue has an advantage over midrange hunter though.

Kaldi still misplayed so hard by playing Kezan on turn 5 instead of Belcher. It's not like the secret can be triggered so there was literally no reason to float the 1 mana on turn 5.

Aylinato

My handlock deck has over 28 healing with the minions I have, I've got a really strong deck that fits how I pilot a deck

I even have 3 board clears, pieces I'm missing are jarraxus, and a weapon destroyer(current meta with the rogues)

Tacitus_

Eh that's not a normal occurrence, RDU got the perfect hand and draws. Face hunter is still favored over Oil Rogue. Oil Rogue has an advantage over midrange hunter though.

Kaldi still misplayed so hard by playing Kezan on turn 5 instead of Belcher. It's not like the secret can be triggered so there was literally no reason to float the 1 mana on turn 5.

*shrug*, I've seen that awkward position of having nothing to do but pinging for two and pass. Probably better in tournament meta where there are more greedy decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom