• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I can't think of why you would ever pay 5 mana to use a ping on the opponent's turn. Or how that would work.

Emarv

I always thought part of the appeal of Hearthstone was almost asynchronous play where no action could be taken on an opponents turn. That card seems to fly in the design of everything I thought they wanted to do.

Rapstah

I always thought part of the appeal of Hearthstone was almost asynchronous play where no action could be taken on an opponents turn. That card seems to fly in the design of everything I thought they wanted to do.

Supposedly, Secrets exist because they replaced an earlier mechanic where you could play certain cards or use certain effects on your opponent's turn. I think the game is better for being very strict about when your control of the game begins and ends.

Not to mention how loose the game client is about synchronisation because it doesn't really matter.

dralla

I Thoughtstole a Mana Wyrm, continued to use removal and heal spells and turned that thing into a beast. It was beautiful ;(

Dragner

btw still feeling dirty with Face hunter, not caring about my life, just going face, I would get to legend If wasnt all day away to play Magic. Still 12-2 with the deck losing to a heavy counter paladin with all the lifegain and the Trump anti agro priest that is designed to annihilate face hunter. Otherwise the deck is obv too good.

CoolOff

Trumps drafting.

Assuming these aren't fake, here are my opinions on those cards:

1) IMO this is very strong in Aggro decks against mid range/control decks. It's pretty useless against aggro or in a control deck but aggro against control this card is premium removal tier card. This is also an anti Loatheb card in that if you want to push for lethal turn after you can prevent them from healing/casting spell/putting down big taunts. Of the 4 cards shown this one has most potential and I know already that if I face off against this card it's either getting silenced or removed emphatically.

2) This is basically another Leviathan. My opinion of this is the same as Leviathan, it's BGH magnet and you can't rely on the effect. I can see it being usable in freeze mage where their Cone of Colds get insane potential value but aside from that I don't think this will get serious play at all.

3) Can't comment on this card without mana cost. This card is very good in certain situations like where the board state is very complex and a lot of actions have to be made. I can see this being usable in Arena as well (thr two cards before this are complete shit in Arena). Hard to say without mana cost though, I really wouldn't pick it if it's more than 2 mana.

4) This card's mechanics are huge for the game. Being able to make a turn during the opponent's turn is some next level shit for Hearthstone in terms outplayability. Unfortunately the card itself is complete trash, the mana cost is way too high. If it was 2 mana then things become interesting but at 5 mana it's just simply bad. Maybe someone will use it in those shitty Shadow Priest deck...

I could see it being played in a Control Warrior deck. It has strong synergy with Whirlwind and Death's Bite. A Warrior deck that just emphasized removal, weapons, and armor could work since it wouldn't hurt your board state.

I find this so much more entertaining than seeing the "Mayor of Valuetown" choose carefully between Bloodfen Raptor or Puddlestomper.

I hear ya, but it's not too hard to be more entertaining than Trump regardless

Did I just see a Lava Burst on a Demolisher?

Edit: HOLY SHIT, this guy has no idea how taunt works

Tacitus_

Holy shit, TB might actually be favoured to win this group since he seems to be the only one who has played the game beforehand.

tylerf

Well I finally reached my goal for this season of Rank 5 with a few hours to spare. This was the first season I seriously tried to climb so I'm pretty happy with that. Legend still seems so far away though.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Those new cards are crazy. how would using hero power thing work even... nope

These? If they're legit, that hero power card is 100% a single player card. Card animations are already asynchronous for the two players, and I highly doubt that the networking is set up on hearthstone to enable interactions with the other player like that. Sounds like it could be a very fun single player mechanic though.

The 5 second next turn thing is likely single player too, used against you, but I'd find it really funny to combo it with a belcher in multiplayer. That death transformation into a slime takes 5 seconds by itself.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
These? If they're legit, that hero power card is 100% a single player card. Card animations are already asynchronous for the two players, and I highly doubt that the networking is set up on hearthstone to enable interactions with the other player like that. Sounds like it could be a very fun single player mechanic though.

The 5 second next turn thing is likely single player too, used against you, but I'd find it really funny to combo it with a belcher in multiplayer. That death transformation into a slime takes 5 seconds by itself.
Oh, that's a good point.

There are single player only cards.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Well I finally reached my goal for this season of Rank 5 with a few hours to spare. This was the first season I seriously tried to climb so I'm pretty happy with that. Legend still seems so far away though.
Rank 5 is really good, don't feel bad. You could go in a 8 game win streak and become Legend, If you think about it (give or take). Since this is my first season of Hearthstone since the few months around when the game launched, I'm happy I made it to Rank 12, considering most of my time has been spent tinkering with decks and figuring out my new favorite class -- warrior.

Congrats, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom