• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Supposedly a few of the upcoming cards have been leaked:

Third picture, rightmost card. It's utter trash by itself but the implications are huge.

First card:
I guess it could find a place in aggro decks as anti-sludge belcher and anti-healbot tech.

Second card:
Another on draw effect but this one is better than Flame Leviathan since it isn't a total board wipe and you would most likely be the one able to initiate trades after the Equality effect goes off. The body kind of sucks though. Not sure it will see much, if any serious play, but I guess it could work in Pally or Hunter decks.

Third card:
Nozdormu spell could be interesting. Depends on the mana cost.

Fourth card:
Wow. Not sure why you would ever want to play this spell (are there times you really, really need to ping during your opponent's turn as opposed to the end or beginning of your own?), but the fact that they have now allowed interaction with the board on your opponent's turn is game-changing.

Also interesting to note that there are two mage-specific cards. Naxx included only one class-specific card each so it seems like they will be doing things a bit differently with this adventure mode. Unless it is another GvG type expansion?

KePoW

Banned
Dang all --

Any tips for someone who just started playing a couple weeks ago, how do I beat these Hunters who play all 1/2/3 minions fast and just attack my face?

I'm still playing mostly Basic cards. What's the best class/deck to beat these type of Hunters for someone like me??

Tacitus_

Dang all --

Any tips for someone who just started playing a couple weeks ago, how do I beat these Hunters who play all 1/2/3 minions fast and just attack my face?

I'm still playing mostly Basic cards. What's the best class/deck to beat these type of Hunters for someone like me??

Return the favor. That deck is one of the cheapest effective decks.

Dahbomb

Can someone type out the effects of the new cards? It's hard for me to read some of them on my phone.

The card where you can't summon 5 or more cost minions is god damn broken. It's the anti Belcher, Healbot and Loatheb card along with other potential aggro killers like Geddon, Sunwalker, Ancients, Druid of Claw etc. Basically secure lead an aggro deck, put this card down and watch the enemy squeel.

Supposedly a few of the upcoming cards have been leaked:

Third picture, rightmost card. It's utter trash by itself but the implications are huge.

As far as that last card goes, I really wonder how far they'll go with it. Seems like one of Hearthstone's most defining qualities is being easy to get into and very simplistic to play which might change if they start adding a lot of effects like that. I'm all for more two way interaction though.

I think those are all fakes. The left most card in the third picture... and the right one... these have to be jokes. Too weak to ever be played and while you can't see the mana cost of the left one, 5 mana is too weak to ever even be played as a token card like spare parts.

In the second picture, that is the only card that actually looks like it could be legit.

The first picture has to be fake because I don't think they'll ever print a card like that. They've talked about disrupting your opponent's ability to play their cards and they've said it would be avoided except in minimal cases, like loatheb interrupts for a turn. But this guy stops you from playing your cards every turn it is alive. Seems like it is not a legitimate card for that reason. Plus just playing this protected vs control warrior... or many other decks... and they'll have 0 chance to win.

Maybe some of these are going to be NPC cards for the PVE adventure.

Can someone type out the effects of the new cards? It's hard for me to read some of them on my phone.

The card where you can't summon 5 or more cost minions is god damn broken. It's the anti Belcher, Healbot and Loatheb card along with other potential aggro killers like Geddon, Sunwalker, Ancients, Druid of Claw etc. Basically secure lead an aggro deck, put this card down and watch the enemy squeel.

The second picture's card text says something like "set all minion's health to 2 when this card is drawn"/

The third picture has 2 cards. The rightmost one says that you can use your hero power once during your opponent's next turn. 5 mana. The leftmost one says your opponent's next turn has only 8 seconds.

ViviOggi

Chimaeron - 8 mana 8/7
When you draw this, change the health of ALL minions to 1.

Hourglass Sand - ? mana spell
Your opponent only has 5 seconds to take his or her next turn.

Mind Quickening - 5 mana spell
You can use your hero power once during your opponent's next turn.

JesseZao

If these turn out to be real, then maybe that "fake" deathknight image was actually real, just from early testing (since the images look the same).

Edit: Well, I went and looked at the old image and maybe not. I forgot how manufactured-fake the dk image looked.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blackwing Technician - Important to note that the effect works both ways. If a control deck plays it they are screwing themselves. This is like a tech card in an aggro deck or midrange deck. Thing is, tech cards never find room in aggro decks except for the occasional silence to break through sludge belcher or something. So maybe some kind of mid-range deck would run this, that's heavy on 3's and 4's? Like a top-heavy mech mage or a hunter or something? Honestly though, I suspect people will try it and find it doesn't do enough and cut it. The stats are pretty bad for 4 mana.

Chimaeron - So you'll get random equalities. I'm not sure what kind of deck would run this. Given its cost it would have to be some kind of mid-range or control deck. But I don't know what kind of mid-range or control deck would be happy if their board got equalitied? Mid-range Paladin maybe? But Paladin already has equality. Just like Flame Leviathan this has a high chance to screw yourself so I don't see him fitting into any decks. Nobody likes Flame Leviathan so I'm not sure why they're trying this experiment again. I understand that they don't want the draw effect to be too powerful since it's basically free, but having the effect have a chance to randomly screw yourself seems awful.

Hourglass Sand - Mage card. Hard to evaluate the card's value without seeing the mana cost but the effect is pretty powerful. Maybe an aggro or mech mage runs this in order to stop their opponent from being able to make favorable trades? I'm guessing it costs 4 mana.

Mind Quickening - Another Mage Card. 5 mana for a ping seems pretty awful. I don't know why you would run this over basically any other type of removal. The ramifications are huge obviously, but I find it really hard to justify this card at 5 freaking mana. I'm not even sure if it would be run at 2 mana? Maybe I'm missing something.

Minsc

Gold Member
No way that 5-second turn limit card is real. That's basically a card that gives you a free turn. The draw animation at the start of your turn takes 1-2 seconds alone. You'd only have time to issue like 1-2 attacks, and that's if you were ready for it... which you won't be. There's many spells/effects that would take 5+ seconds alone, any of those would lose your turn (good luck playing any of Neptulon's cards for example, by the time they finish generating your turn is already done).

If they were going to use it, they'd probably rope their previous turn to annoy you and hope to distract you (get your attention to something else while waiting), then make you think they're going to rope again and waste another 90 seconds of your time by doing nothing for the first 10, 20, 30, 40... nope, 42 seconds in to their turn it spontaneously ends, here's your 5 seconds.

You weren't ready for it? Too bad, eat another 15 damage to the face.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm always ready, Minsc!

Gonna build "WHAT DO?" deck with two of those, Lorewalker Cho, Nozdormu, Nerubian Weblord, Mana Wraith, etc. And just make the other person's life miserable.

Probably with a Rogue shell and mill win-con.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm always ready, Minsc!

Gonna build "WHAT DO?" deck with two of those, Lorewalker Cho, Nozdormu, Nerubian Weblord, Mana Wraith, etc. And just make the other person's life miserable.

Probably with a Rogue shell and mill win-con.

Troggzor too!

Edit: And Sylvanas!

JesseZao

What fake DK image?

This one. Holy blur effect Batman!
ZYg0B6V.png

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What's the site again that helps you do your Arena draft? I suck at Arena and I'm still newerish to the game so I need all the winnings I can get.

Rapstah

Mana Wraith + Duplicate (5 mana)
Mana Wraith * 3 (9 mana)
Mana Wraith +
Blackwing Technician
(10 mana)

I can't come up with any combos that aren't the worst thing ever.

This one. Holy blur effect Batman!
It's really hard to tell the difference when everyone can use official TCG art like Blizzard would. The best sign of something not being fake may actually be when it doesn't use official TCG art.

JesseZao

Mana Wraith * 3 (9 mana)
Mana Wraith + Blackwing Technician (9 mana)

I can't come up with any combos that aren't the worst thing ever.

Blizz trying to encourage locks to use Summoning Portal!

Rapstah

I'm an idiot, the secret spoiler card would also be four mana more expensive after four Mana Wraiths, so that would also need its own turn.

Tacitus_

No way that 5-second turn limit card is real. That's basically a card that gives you a free turn. The draw animation at the start of your turn takes 1-2 seconds alone. You'd only have time to issue like 1-2 attacks, and that's if you were ready for it... which you won't be. There's many spells/effects that would take 5+ seconds alone, any of those would lose your turn (good luck playing any of Neptulon's cards for example, by the time they finish generating your turn is already done).

It could be real with 15 seconds, the same limit as Nozdormu.

I remember when we saw Vol'jin and Gallywix and thought they were fake. I wont put anything past Blizzard till everything is released. All this does is sort of kinda confirms the data mining.

They're also pulling from Blackwing Descent, which is awesome.

I remember when we saw Vol'jin and Gallywix and thought they were fake. I wont put anything past Blizzard till everything is released. All this does is sort of kinda confirms the data mining.

They're also pulling from Blackwing Descent, which is awesome.

Yeah but we've also seen fake reveals. Gallywix and voljin seemed fake to be sure. Well, mostly gallywix and somewhat juggernaut.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
On a basic technological level I would think that the hero power during enemy turn card wouldn't work since the game sends things as an async command list with only vague showings of what the opponent is doing.

Dahbomb

Assuming these aren't fake, here are my opinions on those cards:

1) IMO this is very strong in Aggro decks against mid range/control decks. It's pretty useless against aggro or in a control deck but aggro against control this card is premium removal tier card. This is also an anti Loatheb card in that if you want to push for lethal turn after you can prevent them from healing/casting spell/putting down big taunts. Of the 4 cards shown this one has most potential and I know already that if I face off against this card it's either getting silenced or removed emphatically.

2) This is basically another Leviathan. My opinion of this is the same as Leviathan, it's BGH magnet and you can't rely on the effect. I can see it being usable in freeze mage where their Cone of Colds get insane potential value but aside from that I don't think this will get serious play at all.

3) Can't comment on this card without mana cost. This card is very good in certain situations like where the board state is very complex and a lot of actions have to be made. I can see this being usable in Arena as well (thr two cards before this are complete shit in Arena). Hard to say without mana cost though, I really wouldn't pick it if it's more than 2 mana.

4) This card's mechanics are huge for the game. Being able to make a turn during the opponent's turn is some next level shit for Hearthstone in terms outplayability. Unfortunately the card itself is complete trash, the mana cost is way too high. If it was 2 mana then things become interesting but at 5 mana it's just simply bad. Maybe someone will use it in those shitty Shadow Priest deck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom