• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, rank 5 and up is all about win rate. I stopped a couple days ago at rank 4, full stars, just because it is quite a short month anyway. Last month I did the whole rank 5->legend in a single night on a spur of the moment thing cause the paladin deck I built was really badass. Otherwise, its not worth rushing it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
If only. You don't get win streak star bonus anymore once you hit rank 5. That's why it's such a grind.
jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Are you serious? Wow.

Yeah getting to rank 5 is about halfway though the ladder, mathematically, based on number of wins required IIRC.

In other news, the new Ragnaros card back for March is pretty sexy.

Dahbomb

Getting from Rank 5 to Legendary is mathematically the same as getting from Rank 10 to Rank 5. The problem is that when you get to Rank 5 you are not only playing against better players but you are also getting hit by what is called the Ladder anxiety.

You are high enough at that ranking to where every loss puts you further and further away from Legendary and it gets harder to get back to where you were before. It's a pschological thing when in reality there is not a huge skill gap between 6-10 and 5-1.

It's really all about consistency and persistence. If you have a good deck that does well in the current meta then with those two attributes you can make Legend.

VoxPop

Just got a free 300g for playing 1000 games. Spent it on some classic packs and ended up getting Cairne Bloodhoof and 2 mediocre epics!

FeD.nL

Any chance we're going to see the alternate Heroes on march 6? I'd pay money to have Varian as my Warrior instead of Garrosh.

Reuenthal

Banned
So I have been patiently building dust and I have about 1200 dust. My legendaries are Illidan, Flame Leviathan, golden Ragnaros, Cairne. All from packs.

I am a little tired of waiting even more and I am thinking of dusting one of Illidan or flame leviathan for 400 dust, so I have 1600 dust total and can get Dr Boom. Is it a bad idea? Which one to dust?

FeD.nL

So I have been patiently building dust and I have about 1200 dust. My legendaries are Illidan, Flame Leviathan, golden Ragnaros, Cairne. All from packs.

I am a little tired of waiting even more and I am thinking of dusting one of Illidan or flame leviathan for 400 dust, so I have 1600 dust total and can get Dr Boom. Is it a bad idea? Which one to dust?

Well I would say Flame Leviathan, but with the supposedly leaked cards it might be possible that Blizzard is going to make on draw cards more viable. If anything i'd wait for the conference march 6 to see what they announce before dusting something.

Xanathus

It's probably safe to dust Illidan, Ben Brode replied on twitter that there were no plans to change that card.

Reuenthal

Banned
Well I would say Flame Leviathan, but with the supposedly leaked cards it might be possible that Blizzard is going to make on draw cards more viable. If anything i'd wait for the conference march 6 to see what they announce before dusting something.

It's probably safe to dust Illidan, Ben Brode replied on twitter that there were no plans to change that card.

Since it won't be buffed I dusted Illidan for Dr Boom. It's been months seen I have last used Illidan and I doubt it would be that viable in the future and I really wanted to use Dr Balanced. Flame Leviathan is a card I recently got so I might wait more before dusting it.

ViviOggi

Too late now but Flame Leviathan was the easy choice. Illidan is indeed ass right now but more likely to become playable in the future due to additional demon synergy than the sad excuse for a class legendary that is Flame Leviathan.

Pooya

struggling hard this season... at rank 18 lol.

Beat a golden mage with golden Antonidas, it was a great game, then lost to 2 face hunters back to back smh...

Minsc

Gold Member
struggling hard this season... at rank 18 lol.

Beat a golden mage with golden Antonidas, it was a great game, then lost to 2 face hunters back to back smh...

Yeah, my rank 3 matches from yesterday were easier than my rank 17 matches today with the same deck.

Dragner

The part about the hunter is so true

I started 18th rank this season, Im 12 now 3 hours later after spending time making my food, eating and cleaning my house. Face Hunter is so lame it makes me embarrased to even play it. But climbers gonna climb.

EDIT: 14 now, losing more now, a lot lefting my opp at 1 health, Im not even mad, Im playing hunter I deserve it.

The Adder

Banned
How good/terrible would a card such as this be:

3 mana
3/4
Demon
Battlecry: Discard two cards. Summon a random demon from your hand.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

3 mana
3/4
Demon

Sounds like a great way to dump your entire hand unless you have exactly two demons in it. Too situational to be playable I think.

3 mana
3/4
Demon
What's wrong with Void Caller? If you want it earlier, just lower it's stats. 2/3 for 3.

I do wonder how/if Blizzard will add more Demon summoning mechanics. We have Void Caller and Bane of Doom for now but I don't think they're used that much, the latter especially.

Wish they would change Bane to be more reliable or something. Have it always summon a demon but have the demon be stronger based on damage done, if you kill something, or based on the mana cost of what you kill with it.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I wonder if I should play mechwarper even if my only other mechs are annoy-o-tron and spider tank. There's not exactly a lot of other 2 mana 2-3s to choose from. I've tried Berzerker and Trogg, but neither have been very satisfying to me.

The goal is to get a lot of high health/low attack minions to trade efficiently against all these low mana agro minions, but the 2 mana range doesn't have much there.

The Adder

Banned
What's wrong with Void Caller? If you want it earlier, just lower it's stats. 2/3 for 3.

I do wonder how/if Blizzard will add more Demon summoning mechanics. We have Void Caller and Bane of Doom for now but I don't think they're used that much, the latter especially.

Wish they would change Bane to be more reliable or something. Have it always summon a demon but have the demon be stronger based on damage done, if you kill something, or based on the mana cost of what you kill with it.

Nothing's wrong with Void Caller except it already exists. I was trying to devise additional demon synergy that still functions like a demon.

Nothing's wrong with Void Caller except it already exists. I was trying to devise additional demon synergy that still functions like a demon.
Of course, just curious. They should make another 2 cost 4/1 that summons a demon on death. That way it dies easy, which is good, or deals good damage.

Maybe that would be too much though.

Played my first arena draft last night and didn't even win a single game. I thought I had a solid draft too but every opponent was loaded with taunt minions whereas my draft did not even give me that option for the most part. The worst part was that I was looking for more taunt creatures and silence too..the other problem was that my mana curve was too skewed towards 4/5 which I guess I'll be more aware of next time if I decide to even touch that mode again..

Dragner

7 hunters in a row on Ladder. Yup, reset day alright.

Also, it's always huffer. Fuck.

Its so easy to play Hunter first days and climb fast. Im doing it and Hunter is my least favourite class but after playing it for a day and climbing 7 ranks with 30+ wins in a couple hours I just understand that while blizzard keeps making the star system like it is theres no point to play control if you want to climb efficiently. Even when I love to play warrior or Priest, last season I was rank 15 first week playing the decks I enjoy playing,now Im rank 10 in a day. No colour.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
7 hunters in a row on Ladder. Yup, reset day alright.

Also, it's always huffer. Fuck.

I'm loving it. I'm terrible when it comes to playing because I'm pretty good at making random mistakes, but having an actual meta to counter for once is great for me.

mxgt

Banned
Its so easy to play Hunter first days and climb fast. Im doing it and Hunter is my least favourite class but after playing it for a day and climbing 7 ranks with 30+ wins in a couple hours I just understand that while blizzard keeps making the star system like it is theres no point to play control if you want to climb efficiently. Even when I love to play warrior or Priest, last season I was rank 15 first week playing the decks I enjoy playing,now Im rank 10 in a day. No colour.

Yeah I know why people are playing it, it's just annoying to play against it over and over.

However, I'm playing a mage deck I netdecked that runs illuminator and when I get it duplicated and have two on the field with an ice block active it's pretty hilarious. Poor Hunters don't know what to do.

ViviOggi

Yeah there's no point to going through the joke ranks with heavy control decks. Something like Midrange Paladin is the slowest you should get. When I'm going for legend and a control deck I like is strong at the moment around rank 7 is where I usually switch.

Majine

Banned
Surprised not more people are running Kezan Mystic. Even if you don't get to steal a secret, which in of itself is huge, it evades both Shadow words and is a nice asset on the board.

JesseZao

Just thought of a situation that possibly hasn't been tested yet.

If you have somebody taking fatigue damage and they have a minion on board, what happens when you (a druid) cast Recycle and send it back into their deck? Does this "reset" the fatigue damage back to 1? or does it continue at the point it was at before Recycle?

Dragner

Surprised not more people are running Kezan Mystic. Even if you don't get to steal a secret, which in of itself is huge, it evades both Shadow words and is a nice asset on the board.

I run it in all my non face decks, creature is pretty bad but the effect is good in the meta right now.

Just thought of a situation that possibly hasn't been tested yet.

If you have somebody taking fatigue damage and they have a minion on board, what happens when you (a druid) cast Recycle and send it back into their deck? Does this "reset" the fatigue damage back to 1? or does it continue at the point it was at before Recycle?

Fatigue doesn't reset. This was confirmed already via devs/twitter/etc..

Well, its basically a worse pilotted shredder or spell breaker in all matches not including secrets. I'm not that surprised.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I'm not sure the second part is as useful given the relative lack of priests right now. You've also got Piloted Shredder as its competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom