• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
While I was watching procarbine's climb to legend last night, I saw a lot of Mystics.

It all depends on where you are in the ladder and how prevalent mage/hunters are for your specific micrometa.

Yeah Kezan Mystic is good, but something I could see myself cutting if Mages/Hunters weren't as prevalent. Vs. druids it's sorta of a welp, rather have a shredder, but still a decent body. The thing about it is that it's SOOO good that it's game winning when you do pull it off. And it can easily swing Freeze Mage matchups heavily in your favor if you would otherwise have issues with them (not that they're that common now).

You only ever run one though, just like Mind Control Tech or BGH (which occasionally sees 2, albeit rarely).

Haunted

Just thought of a situation that possibly hasn't been tested yet.

If you have somebody taking fatigue damage and they have a minion on board, what happens when you (a druid) cast Recycle and send it back into their deck? Does this "reset" the fatigue damage back to 1? or does it continue at the point it was at before Recycle?
It continues at the point it was before after drawing the card, I had that happen with Malorne once, not taking fatigue damage for one turn actually helped.

dralla

I have $10 in my battle.net account. When I go to buy the $10 bunch of packs, it's saying it's going to charge my PayPal? Shouldn't it use my battle.net funds first?

edit. also, this is my first (and most likely last) real money purchase. Go well, plz

edit 2. I have the "Allow Battle.net balance for in-game purchases." setting checked on my account

tylerf

I really need to get golden Paladin so I can make those golden Dudes. They're definitely stronger than regular Dudes.

Man, oil rogue takes way too much thinking, it's sort of exhausting. It's even worse than Miracle in that department.

I guess I'll face hunter til the next daily

Now those cards look like they could be legitimate cards.

6/8 taunt seems pretty good. No longer will ramp druid be the sole user of big taunts. It is about time.

Obsidian edged blade, hit once, 3/1 weapon. Upgrade to 4/2. Hit and it becomes a 5/1. Pretty hot.

12 damage off 2 mana! They've made a pyroblast combo. That may get a little crazy.

edit:
Opps.

So looking back, upgrade the weapon for the first strike = 3 damage, than 4 damage, than 5 damage. So it is still 12 damage. Same amount of damage I just wrote it down all wrong lol.

Levi

Banned
21 to 14 so far. More than half my piloted shredders have been piloted by doomsayers. Mostly has been to my favor, thankfully I've tested for doomsayer each time so I didn't waste extra minions. Back to combo druid to start the season, haven't seen many hunters yet and I feel it's a strong deck against mech mage which I have seen a bunch of. It's also my favorite deck, so while control paladin might be better for the day one climb I'd rather get those wins for my druid. That's the golden portrait I want most.

Dahbomb

Supposedly there's this one as well.

http://i.imgur.com/QvEYZoE.jpg

I have not played against this card and I already hate it.

Can't wait for when someone uses it against me to do 3 damage and draw 3 cards.

That Lava Surger card is a great way to get around the BGH while still being a hard hitter.

The 1 cost weapon is INSANELY good although I am not sure what class it's for. For Warriors it seems a bit redundant in the face of Fiery War Axe.

Dahbomb

Does that deal damage, draw based on damage card scale with spell power?

That can get pretty silly pretty fast with spell power minions/totems. Play Azure Drake with Spell Power totem... you can potentially hit for 5 damage and draw 5 cards LMAO!

That 6/8 taunt for 7 mana is like an instant top tier card for Arena play. Not as good in constructed of course but now other classes have non Sunwalker/Belcher big taunt option.

Emarv

Does that deal damage, draw based on damage card scale with spell power?

That can get pretty silly pretty fast with spell power minions/totems. Play Azure Drake with Spell Power totem... you can potentially hit for 5 damage and draw 5 cards LMAO!

Malygos Miracle Shaman!

I missed fire celebration. That... I'm not so sure about. Seems like it could be a legit collectible card but I wouldn't be surprised if that is just a PVE boss spell or something like that.

It seems maybe a little too good but I can't see it being toned down in any meaningful way besides giving it overload.

Dahbomb

Worst case scenario it's essentially a Wrath (without the 3 damage option) for 2 more mana (very garbage). This is at best 2 mana worth of value.

Average scenario it's an Arcane Intellect combined with an Arcane Shot (3 mana + 1 mana). Pretty fair overall when you combine the two effects and the value at 4 mana.

Best case scenario it's a Hammer of Wrath + 2 extra draws which is really, really good. That comes out to be 7 mana worth of "value".

When you average it out like that, the card is very good but not broken. Now on the other hand if it scales with magic power suddenly this card's worst case scenario comes out to be really good and it's best case scenario ends up being potentially game winning. That makes the card insane.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fire celebration seems like it could be real, but I agree if the draw is boosted by spell damage that would be hilarious.

Still, fuck Shaman spells man. Crackle is still my least favorite GvG card from a design pov.

Kezan is essentially a tech card done right.

Yup. I also like Harrison.

Dahbomb

There is no reason that card wouldn't scale with spell damage. It's a spell, and it deals damage.
I meant that the draw effect scales too. Like if you manage to scale up the damage to say 5 damage, would you also get 5 cards?

That's how it should work because that's how the Mistress of Pain works.

Papercuts

I meant that the draw effect scales too. Like if you manage to scale up the damage to say 5 damage, would you also get 5 cards?

That's how it should work because that's how the Mistress of Pain works.

Based off the text wording, yeah. Draw based on damage gives it no hard limit.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Supposedly there's this one as well.

http://i.imgur.com/QvEYZoE.jpg

Obsidian Edge Blade - Obscene for the mana cost, but I don't know if it replaces Fiery War Axe in Control Warrior. The extra +1 damage on the first attack means FWA is more consistent removal. Only if a CW was running Zombie Chow would this be a natural replacement. Easily fits into an aggro warrior deck, though. And of course the text is straight up ridiculous if you upgrade it or use Greenskin. Might be an attempt by Blizzard to promote aggro warrior and/or buff Warrior in arena. I think it probably is overpowered, but it is acceptably overpowered. Kind of like voidcaller. Warrior could use the buff in arena and aggro warrior could be a thing too. Although given its rarity it probably won't be big enough a buff for arena.

Lava Surger - It's kind of like an 8/6 for 7 mana but it dodges BGH. I kind of like the effect but I don't think it does quite enough to be run in constructed. Will probably be an arena card for shaman, although its rarity will limit its use. A pretty average card, nothing spectacular.

Flamewalker... something - That's a pretty beefy taunt. It's almost like a neutral Ancient of War. Not sure that it will see any constructed play since it doesn't quite do enough, but that card will be downright scary in arena. And since it's common you'll see it ALL the time. It might actually slow arena down if it becomes a common enough pick.

Fire Celebration - Yeah, this card is stupid. I hate it like I hate crackle. Why can't this just be, deal 2 damage and draw 2 cards? Absolutely insane with any spellpower bonuses too. You're gonna hate it when this thing draws 4 or 5 cards. You're also gonna hate it when it only draws 1.

Dahbomb

Why can't this just be, deal 2 damage and draw 2 cards?
Because RNG makes things hype breh.

Gotta fill the Shaman class to the brim with shitty RNG.

It's so streamers like Kripparian can get salty over not being lucky like other noobs which pushes other noobs to play the game "hey if that noob can beat Kripparian da gawd so can I!" and Blizzard keeps making the big bucks.

Kettch

I don't like Fire Celebration's RNG and I think it's also too strong, but I do really like the concept. Shaman really needs a more interesting card draw mechanic (that doesn't involve fucking murlocs) and making a spell power deck more viable would be great too.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Now those cards look like they could be legitimate cards.

6/8 taunt seems pretty good. No longer will ramp druid be the sole user of big taunts. It is about time.

Obsidian edged blade, hit once, 3/1 weapon. Upgrade to 4/2. Hit and it becomes a 5/1. Pretty hot.

12 damage off 2 mana! They've made a pyroblast combo. That may get a little crazy.

edit:
Opps.

So looking back, upgrade the weapon for the first strike = 3 damage, than 4 damage, than 5 damage. So it is still 12 damage. Same amount of damage I just wrote it down all wrong lol.
With the buff it's nice, maybe Blizzard wanted more people to use Upgrade.

Speaking of which, does anyone know is using Upgrade on a Gorehowl will allow you to strike the Hero and not lose your weapon immediately (because the weapon would be 8/2 instead of 7/1)?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I assume you were replying to me. ;).

That's interesting, but probably not worth it when the slot upgrade takes up could be used for so many much more valuable cards. It's still awesome to think you could do 8, then 7 face damage (15 damage, followed by a Grommash, ouch) in a row, though.

I assume you were replying to me. ;).

That's interesting, but probably not worth it when the slot upgrade takes up could be used for so many much more valuable cards. It's still awesome to think you could do 8, then 7 face damage (15 damage, followed by a Grommash, ouch) in a row, though.

It doesn't lose attack when you hit face, just durability, so it's actually 8 to face twice. It only loses attack when you hit a minion with it.

FeD.nL

So we might perhaps see more than 30 cards this adventure expansion. Naxxramas only had 1 class card, and with the supposedly 2 for shaman it might be a lot bigger than the first. Can't wait tbh.

Any good websites for finding up to date cheap decks? Currently playing mostly Arena whilst I try to improve and get packs at the same time but some cheap constructed decks purely for finishing off daily quests would be nice.

Have been using Hearthpwn for it's mostly just the latest pro deck with 5k+ dust cost and not really what I am after.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sblargh

Banned
Any good websites for finding up to date cheap decks? Currently playing mostly Arena whilst I try to improve and get packs at the same time but some cheap constructed decks purely for finishing off daily quests would be nice.

Have been using Hearthpwn for it's mostly just the latest pro deck with 5k+ dust cost and not really what I am after.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can filter the deck search for dust cost. There are a few interesting 0-cost (tho Naxxramas-based) decks there.

Papercuts

The low ranks(21-25) are so fucking weird. Had a quest for 2 rogue wins so I made up a deck really quickly. First match against a hunter who did typical face with everything. By turn ~6 I had board control with a weakened sludge belcher, a farseer, and I just dropped a zombie chow. For some reason he conceded.

Next match was a shaman. Coin zapomatic. I backstabbed, instant concede. Fastest quest ever.

mxgt

Banned
Unstable Portal legendary luck yesterday was crazy.

In 4 hours of ranked yesterday I got Alexstrasza, Ragnaros, Harrison, Dr Boom, Baron Rivendare, Mekgineer Thermaplugg and Ysera. The only ones that didn't straight up win me the game after I played them were Harrison and Baron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom