• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

For Fire celebration, I have the same balancing misgivings I have for Imp-losion.

I'd like it more if it were inversely balanced. The more damage, the fewer cards you draw. Less damage, more card draw. Still RNG, still fun, yet it gives the card more consistency across various situations.

We're not at a point yet where a card can just outright "miss" its attack, like a unit in Fire Emblem or Xcom would, but the Ogres, Crackle and stuff like this feels like we're getting closer. :lol

Haunted

I love the "+dmg while attacking" card text because the implication is that other cards might have something like this defensively.

Very cool.

Dragner

Any good websites for finding up to date cheap decks? Currently playing mostly Arena whilst I try to improve and get packs at the same time but some cheap constructed decks purely for finishing off daily quests would be nice.

Have been using Hearthpwn for it's mostly just the latest pro deck with 5k+ dust cost and not really what I am after.

Any help would be appreciated.

Play Chakki Face Hunter deck form ESL finals. Its cheap (no epics, no legendaries, only 6 rares) and is pretty good, I ladder yesterday more than 40 wins with that deck.

I added later a Leeroy Jenkins for the 2nd owl, but that was after a good chunk of that wins, only a personal choice.

Rapstah

I think the "+3 damage while attacking" card is fake. They're usually really good about always phrasing it as "Attack" and not "damage" on minions, always capitalised. Have a look at Cruel Taskmaster or Dire Wolf Alpha for comparison.

Considering taking a blurry picture of this totally fake card on my screen:

d90bfcbc.png

So I just started playing Hearthstone yesterday, and I'm having a blast!

Most of that is because I am the luckiest man alive and pulled this in my first pack.
468px-HS_CENDRU.jpg

Haunted

So have we reached the point where one has to expect legendary-filled decks at every level of play? Just got wrecked by a Voljin + Dr. Boom double whammy at rank 19.

Also got Gazlowe in my latest pack. Hooray?

I think the "+3 damage while attacking" card is fake. They're usually really good about always phrasing it as "Attack" and not "damage" on minions, always capitalised. Have a look at Cruel Taskmaster or Dire Wolf Alpha for comparison.

Considering taking a blurry picture of this totally fake card on my screen:

d90bfcbc.png
Clean up the formatting first, I mean c'mon man. Have some standards.

FeD.nL

how is this possible. Playing against a priest, first thoughtsteal equality/concecration, second thoughtsteal, Lay on hands and Dr Boom... seriously fuck that shit

Did win though, felt good and than I got angry it happened in the first place.

Dragner

So have we reached the point where one has to expect legendary-filled decks at every level of play? Just got wrecked by a Voljin + Dr. Boom double whammy at rank 19.

Also got Gazlowe in my latest pack. Hooray?

Clean up the formatting first, I mean c'mon man. Have some standards.

My girlfriend got into the game new, still unlocking decks, she tried playing with her all basic -2 azure drakes rogue deck in the casual mode to unlock the 100 gold for playing 3 matches. Its supposedly that the matchmaking system will pair you with new players like you...well, she played against a hunter, that while he had some basic cards (3/2 beast or arcane shot), also pulled the nexxramas cards, secrets and to finish the game a Gazrilla and a Doctor Boom.

So yeah, everybody pays 2 win.

Tacitus_

Winning an arena game by going fireball > pyroblast feels so dirty.

Ranked just reset too.

E: Just got a doomsayer out of the shredder when it was my only minion on board :lol

ViviOggi

New season aside the default assumption shouldn't be that an opponent with a decent deck has dropped loads of cash but simply been playing longer than you. Someone simply doing their dailies for a few months can play any but the super expensive decks, but will still be a rank 1x tier player if they don't bother actively trying to improve their play.

Tacitus_

New season aside the default assumption shouldn't be that an opponent with a decent deck has dropped loads of cash but simply been playing longer than you. Someone simply doing their dailies for a few months can play any but the super expensive decks, but will still be a rank 1x tier player if they don't bother actively trying to improve their play.

Or don't bother playing ranked that much. I don't think I've ever gotten under 10 because I mainly play arena and do ranked mainly for dailies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Generally the people who are playing ranked are already self selecting for competitive play as well.

I suspect the vast majority of Hearthstone players just hit the casual button constantly once they hit Rank 20.

I think the "+3 damage while attacking" card is fake.
While it's really too early to say, I'm still not putting anything completely out just yet. Since thsee are unknown leaks, this could be at anytime during development. They could of just written whatever just to get it done and then will clean up the text before release. It'll probably be another month till we get anything official though.

Speaking of official, this Wednesday at GDC, there is a talk about creating the UI of HearthStone. Should be a great talk since HearthStone is pretty much only UI.

Pooya

If you don't reach 20, does it get reset to chicken rank by the end of the season? It's beneficial to me to keep my other region account in those ranks :p

Tacitus_

Scratch that, I made to rank 7 when I was saving for Naxx.

Anyway. Just went 12-2 with this absolutely disgusting arena deck. Losses were to hunter bullshit and a paladin with equality + consecrate. The only cards that were bad were the wailing souls and even they passed the vanilla test.

OWyKwCM.png

Got 500+g and 2 packs, of which one contained a flame leviathan.

Awww yeaaah

LuuKyK

Just started playing this last week, and god is it frustrating, I can barely win matches. Feels like when I started playing Dota, but hey at least these matches are way faster. :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Apparently the Fire celebration is fake, because it's using art from a magic card.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=194374&type=card

With that I'm going to guess only these two leaks are real:

My reasoning would be:

1.) A 6/8 for 7 mana taunt is a completely unexciting card, so faking its existence strikes me as something that someone is unlikely to do.

2.) Obsidian has clear downsides and is actually a hard decision between something like Fiery War Axe. It's also a card that is most optimal when used with another card that doesn't get play, which seems like something Blizzard would do.

3.) Lava Surger has an interesting mechanic, but isn't an obvious include, which again seems like the kind of thing they would consider adding.

Dragner

Just started playing this last week, and god is it frustrating, I can barely win matches. Feels like when I started playing Dota, but hey at least these matches are way faster. :p

I say you the same that said to another person here. Build Chakki face hunter deck, its a Tier 1 deck that cost a ridiculous amount of dust (only bows,jugglers and arcane golems as rares, no legendaries or epics).

You only need naxxramas and a bunch of packs to build it since almost everycard is naxx or common.

As a new player, can you guys recommend how I should manage my gold?

I think I have a firm grasp of the game due to watching Twitch, so I was considering heading straight for the arena.

ViviOggi

Sjow is great and streams mornings to evenings EU time, but not as regularly lately I think?

As a new player, can you guys recommend how I should manage my gold?

I think I have a firm grasp of the game due to watching Twitch, so I was considering heading straight for the arena.
Getting good at arena is still the way to go but you need both classic and GvG packs while only the latter is currently an arena reward - so you'll have to buy packs directly as well. You should roughly aim for a 2:1 classic:GvG ratio.

Dragner

yeah Idk of someone who streams early Europe time (because Im at work), but in the US Kibler streams early and is one of the best to watch, because his chat is the best and he is a very good player who plays his own brews and interacts a lot with the chat. I also like Savjz, he is a very good player and is really chill, but he streams kind of late.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
1.) A 6/8 for 7 mana taunt is a completely unexciting card, so faking its existence strikes me as something that someone is unlikely to do.

The implications are huge for arena, though. Ironbark Protector and Ancient of War are some of the scariest big drops in arena because you have to sac your whole board if you don't have an answer. Suddenly you give everybody a common like that.

Tacitus_

The implications are huge for arena, though. Ironbark Protector and Ancient of War are some of the scariest big drops in arena because you have to sac your whole board if you don't have an answer. Suddenly you give everybody a common like that.

A nice continuation of Force Tank.

ZealousD

A nice continuation of Force Tank.

I think the impact will be bigger than Force Tank, actually. I feel like Force Tank just added another big drop. This is a big drop that is harder to play around. You cant ping a taunt away.

I think a 6/8 for 7 is pretty good. Dodges bgh, high health, taunt... gonna be TBK city if the card is played often in constructed.

People have been claiming there aren't good 7 drops, well... if that card is real then they are adding one.

Now all they need to do is nerf dr. boom's hp.

Tacitus_

I think the impact will be bigger than Force Tank, actually. I feel like Force Tank just added another big drop. This is a big drop that is harder to play around. You cant ping a taunt away.

Mmh, the impact will probably be bigger in arena, but it's nice to know that they're putting in these big dudes who won't cost your deck thousands of dust.

Aylinato

So dr. boom + whirlwind, hit your opponent for 6-24 damage. Sounds about right.

Bleh

Btw people do not know how to play against mill decks(I need to finish it off with some more cards though,)

My new handlock deck wrecks
My beast hunter wrecks as well, is not face hunter
My priest just makes people upset, and I feel bad for trolling so much

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

It is, but I don't think that's the kind of card someone makes a fake version of because it's much more of a developer's thought process than a fan's thought process.

Fixed1979

I got Mimiron's Head in a pack yesterday. What class (if any) can use this card?

You can easily fit it into any mech deck, though there's a reason you never see it in ranked play...

I threw it in a deck for a couple days, it won me one game and did nothing the rest. It's incredibly situational, you only want 2 other mechs on the board, and ideally you want them to be shitty or damaged mechs, or at least mechs that have a deathrattle to produce new minions and they need to survive through your opponents turn. It's a fun card, but really not very useful.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I got Mimiron's Head in a pack yesterday. What class (if any) can use this card?

Rogue weapons can help maintain board control to make mechs pretty survivable, and has the conceal spell to help with that final turn before transformation. The taunter mechs plus an Iron Sensei are also pretty good combos for survivability.

That said, it's still really hard to make actually happen, so don't play it for the sake of win rate.

inky

I got Mirm's Head out of an Unstable Portal in my Mech Mage deck once. I had like 5 mechs out turn 4. Opponent auto conceded after its effect, LOL.

dralla

I got a golden Gorehowl in a pack yesterday. I'm conflicted because it's a good card and I could break it down and get some much needed rare's. I don't use Warrior too much, but..once in a while. I'm leaning towards break it down.

Also. Angry Chicken? Any uses for it?

Naka

The Hearthstone home page has been updated with teasers pointing to Blackrock Mountain. The header border is singed in several places, an Elemental popups up next to the Fireside Gathering video, and the carousel of cards has been changed to cards that all have ties to Blackrock Mountain. Check it out for yourself. http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The Hearthstone home page has been updated with teasers pointing to Blackrock Mountain. The header border is singed in several places, an Elemental popups up next to the Fireside Gathering video, and the carousel of cards has been changed to cards that all have ties to Blackrock Mountain. Check it out for yourself. http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/
Blizzards PAX East panel is on Friday morning. Another adventure mode? They announced Naxx last year

ZealousD

Its actually kind of funny how much better the firewalker is than lord of the arena. 3 extra stats for just 1 more mana? I'm not sure there's been as big of a stats jump like that when comparing neutral cards of the same text.

Edit: Actually there is Dalaran Mage -> Ogre Magi. Arguably Silverback Patriarch -> Tazdingo but Silverback is a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom