• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Hunter players truly are the scum of the earth.

Had a Hunter or Mage dominance quest (my two least favourite classes) and since I hate Hunter slightly less, I cobbled a deck together from one of Trump's recent videos. I usually need a couple games to learn how to pilot a deck properly, I'm fine with losing a bit to learn.

Well, it's a fucking Hunter deck. I went 7-0 until I lost my first game - against another Hunter.

Promptly deleted the deck afterwards. What a dumb, dumb class.

Haunted

Why do so many Warrior control decks have Barron Geddon? I won't say it's a trash card, but it really isn't anything great. It's basically a consecration with a 7/5 body that gets removed almost immediately since control warrior rarely has taunts or many other minions on the board. I just don't understand why people don't use Brawl instead -- it's a more reliable board clearer, cheaper, etc. I honestly regret crafting Geddon, I just don't see the value.
Whirlwind isn't enough AoE against aggro decks and Brawl is expensive for a board clear that's situational, negatively impacts your own board and doesn't even always clear. As a control warrior, you usually have the higher-health minions on your side as well as damaged minion synergy, so AoEs that damage both sides of the board (like a Baron Geddon, explosive sheeps or even that fucking 1/3 ghoul) don't have as much drawback.

That said, I think Brawl's good and should be run anyway. I don't think Geddon replaces it.

What is the best, most realistic fake Hunter card anyone can come up with that would both be ridiculous enough that everyone would be calling it broken before the expansion even releases, and not blatantly overpowered enough that people would believe Blizzard would create it? I'm thinking something like a minion that makes Steady Shot do one extra damage per (friendly?) minion on the board.

When it comes to hunter, it seems there is no such thing as overpowered, as far as Blizzard are concerned.
They just keep looking for ways to make this class more broken than it already is.

ViviOggi

What is the best, most realistic fake Hunter card anyone can come up with that would both be ridiculous enough that everyone would be calling it broken before the expansion even releases, and not blatantly overpowered enough that people would believe Blizzard would create it? I'm thinking something like a minion that makes Steady Shot do one extra damage per (friendly?) minion on the board.
Two-card Exodia

Rapstah

75e35eeb.png

It's balanced because you need minions first, which is easy for your opponent to deny by killing all your minions.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How about a beastwarper.

Coin beastwarper webspinner webspinner turn 1. And it even has synergy with the deathrattle.

Pooya

Started playing oil rogue, it's a lot of fun and a bit hard to play but it's good and cheap to build. Doing dailies with it, so far so good.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Gnome Beastmage - 4 mana 3/3. Deal 1-3 damage split randomly among all enemies. If you have a beast, summon a webspinner for each damage dealt.

I love discussing random fan-made cards. I've been trying to decide what kind of non-destroyable minion could exist that would be balanced. I think it'd be an interesting mechanic to have a persistent creature of some sort in-play.

OcwPSUCi.png

Gnome Beastmage seems good to me. Print it, Brode.

Pooya

Priest spell -> 30 cost - Leap of Faith: Cost one less for each damage taken by your Hero - 50% chance to switch place with your opponent (Hero, hand, deck, minions everything)

Special C

Does Oil Rogue have a huge learning curve or am I just bad? I made one last night for a rogue quest and went 1-5 before finishing the quest going 4-1 with my Warrior.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Does Oil Rogue have a huge learning curve or am I just bad? I made one last night for a rogue quest and went 1-5 before finishing the quest going 4-1 with my Warrior.

The trick is to focus a lot on board control early and then start bursting down once you can get your combos off (especially with Tinker's Oil).

If you let the opponent build up early or take too long it's not going to favor you.

Basically just keep the board clean and draw out the game to pick up your combo. A full tinker oil combo can do 25+ points of damage so don't worry about falling behind slightly hard in the beginning (you have the antique healbot to regain lost life points too). I'm still a bit unsure what to mulligan for but I generally just mulligan for stuff like eviscerate, fan, backstab and the SI agent.

clav

Just started playing a few weeks ago, and I love/hate this game.

Matchmaking doesn't work as it pairs me with people who have legendary cards or mech decks. Most of the time I lose, but there are a few moments when I do win against players with legendary cards.

I haven't spent any money on decks, so that already puts me at a huge disadvantage just like every card game.

That's ridiculous. Might as well make a card for paladins with charge silver hand recruits.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Just started playing a few weeks ago, and I love/hate this game.

Matchmaking doesn't work as it pairs me with people who have legendary cards or mech decks. Most of the time I lose, but there are a few moments when I do win against players with legendary cards.

I haven't spent any money on decks, so that already puts me at a huge disadvantage just like every card game.

In ranked, the latter resets every month, so right now a lot of good players with good decks are still in the low ranks for this month.

In ranked, the latter resets every month, so right now a lot of good players with good decks are still in the low ranks for this month.

But don't the good players start at a higher rank?
Every reset,you get a few stars based on your current rank,so someone who is legend won't start from rank 20,for example.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Are you guys making these cards, or getting them from somewhere else? If you're not borrowing them, I'm pretty damn impressed

johnsmith

remember me
Legend players start at rank 16. So it's meaningless advantage. If legend players started at rank 5, and rank 5-1 players at rank 10 then the new seasons might not be such a clusterfuck.

What prevents players from conceding every other game to rank troll?

Well, most people would like to go up the ranks,not down.

Legend players start at rank 16. So it's meaningless advantage. If legend players started at rank 5, and rank 5-1 players at rank 10 then the new seasons might not be such a clusterfuck.

That's it? I never got to legend myself, and i was sure it's much more significant than that.

Golgo 13

What prevents players from conceding every other game to rank troll?
Some people concede until they hit 25, play a few games, then concede to 25 again to mine Ranked Wins, but other than golden hero, there's no real advantage (that's the main reason people do it).

Tacitus_

Some amazing lightning storm RNG going on at ESL Legendary. Izual killed 3 giants with two lightning storms and a rockbiter :lol

Miletius

Oil rogue is def my favorite non-cheesy (debatable) deck to play right now. Control until you get your cards, ping for damage when you can, then burst him out. I kind want to add sabotage to my list, replacing the second sap though. I don't have sabotage yet though :(.

Zemm

Some people concede until they hit 25, play a few games, then concede to 25 again to mine Ranked Wins, but other than golden hero, there's no real advantage (that's the main reason people do it).

I might actually do this when I'm closer to 500 wins, currently 350 priest wins. Since there's no rewards for ranked there's no disincentive.

A minor correction, but you can't go below rank 20 by losing. So you can rank up to 15, lose a bunch to go to 20, but you're stuck at 20 and can't fall down to 25.

Golgo 13

A minor correction, but you can't go below rank 20 by losing. So you can rank up to 15, lose a bunch to go to 20, but you're stuck at 20 and can't fall down to 25.
Oh, that's right. My bad. Forgot about that. 20-15 or so sounds right. Still a bunch of games there to climb and lose.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This ESL tournament has the best production values ever. First the spectator can't move the mouse and then we can't see the other hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom