• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the "revive at the end of the turn" is enough for that card. If it actually draws a silence, you should be happy about that. If they actually target it with something, you should be happy about that.

egruntz

shelaughz
There should be a "purge" or "cleanse" mechanic in this game. It's effect is to restore minions to their original card text. If they have been silenced, the silence is undone. If they have any other aids or ailments (your opponent using blessing of wisdom on your own minion, for instance), you don't have to outright silence your minion to remove that negative effect. IDK. Sounds like something neat and not groundbreaking. All I know is that this game needs more effects. I can't think of very many other curses/ailments that are used though. Just Blessing of Wisdom...am I missing anything? Other than silences of course.

I wanna see cleave as well, beyond just Foe Reaper.

Dreavus

Card text that says 'can't be silenced'. Now that's some logic-destroying paradox type shit.

"This statement is false"
"New Mission: Refuse this Mission"
"Does a set of all sets contain itself?"

I love this. WHAT DO I DO?

I think being untargetable would be enough. That way it dodges pretty much all silences except for the AoE ones.

There should be a "purge" or "cleanse" mechanic in this game. It's effect is to restore minions to their original card text. If they have been silenced, the silence is undone. If they have any other aids or ailments (your opponent using blessing of wisdom on your own minion, for instance), you don't have to outright silence your minion to remove that negative effect. IDK. Sounds like something neat and not groundbreaking. All I know is that this game needs more effects. I can't think of very many other curses/ailments that are used though. Just Blessing of Wisdom...am I missing anything? Other than silences of course.

Other than regular minion abilities (taunt, stealth, charge, etc.), not much else. Frozen if that counts. There's also a few Warlock cards that make stuff die at the end/beginning of turns, but they aren't that good.

Buffs are actually pretty boring in this game now that I think of it.

Haunted

Cleave is a very cool effect, though I'm not sure I like that Foe Reaper's effect is only active on his turn.

Purge/cleanse sounds cool, but would make something like Power Overwhelming really strong.

ViviOggi

y2XLXbZ.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

e: topdicks still too strong

gutshot

Mad scientist is next to useless because it won't give him free secrets upon death because they are all in his hand.

Yeah, that's what I initially thought but then Haunted said Xixo still won, implying that Kibler's starting hand was strong not weak.

edit: Nevermind. Just noticed that Kibler was playing pally there. For some reason, thought he was playing mage.

ViviOggi

Kolento brought his arena deck Shockadin

Yeah, that's what I initially thought but then Haunted said Xixo still won, implying that Kibler's starting hand was strong not weak.

edit: Nevermind. Just noticed that Kibler was playing pally there. For some reason, thought he was playing mage.

Yeah, the only indicator in this tournament is the grayed out portrait.

I watched that paladin vs mage match. I think kibler did everything right, but I wasn't a fan of his deck. I'm not a fan of seal of light. I thought it would be pretty good as a replacement for holy light, and it is, but I decided it wasn't good enough. This was pre-UT so maybe its slightly more useful now. Taking out huffer did save him 4 hp and healed for 4.

I'm also not a big fan of the cogmaster hammer, however I still need to test that out more.

I can't say for sure without knowing his deck, but I think kibler's deck failed him in that match, not his playing of the deck. I guess I am just saying I wasn't all that impressed with his deck.

So this is the deck kibler was running for paladin. I kinda like some of the things about it. Notably no harrison jones, no cairne/sky golem, no healbot (not digging this)... so he only has 2 heals not counting truesilver, but 2 more taunts (hammer + DOA) than normal. I think I'd prefer cutting hammer + doa for senjin's if I wanted extra taunts in exchange for less heals.

Wow Strifecro not going to Katowice. Congrats to SirKrijsten for beating him. It seems the qualifier was full of upsets: Silentstorm going 0-3 to James, Firebat 2-3 to Inderen, and Strifecro going 0-3. Hopefully this new blood sticks around.

Cogmaster Hammer is really good IMO. Just have one in your deck at maximum.

Really requires board presence to work. I might try 1 truesilver 1 coghammer. Just having 5 weapons at 3-4cc range seems really too much since you have musterx2, coghammer, 2xtruesilver if you include them all. And if you do have board presence, is hammer actually better than DOA? Not even sure if that is true personally. I guess each has their advantages which is worth exploring.

edit:
Gonna try the whole 5 weapon thing. Cutting a zombie chow for coghammer might work out. Even trying seal of light but I think I might not like that.

Brofist

Does Oil Rogue have a huge learning curve or am I just bad? I made one last night for a rogue quest and went 1-5 before finishing the quest going 4-1 with my Warrior.

I'm not good with the deck either. I find I end up too reliant on a good blade flurry to bail me out, and am screwed if I don't draw it.

I was always pretty good with the various miracle decks before though, which is the strange part.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
But don't the good players start at a higher rank?
Every reset,you get a few stars based on your current rank,so someone who is legend won't start from rank 20,for example.

From my experience, you don't really have to worry about legendary cards until around rank 15 near the end of the season. It's about that rank you need to either build a deck that wins before those legendaries come out, or get legendaries yourself.

At the beginning of the season, everyone below rank 12 or so go all the way back down to the 20 rank minimum.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm not good with the deck either. I find I end up too reliant on a good blade flurry to bail me out, and am screwed if I don't draw it.

I was always pretty good with the various miracle decks before though, which is the strange part.

Yeah i tried it out this weekend and I had a massive losing streak. I honestly did better with a more board controlly Rogue that used cards like Boom and Ragnaros to finish games instead. I never feel like I can get the combo I need just with sprint as my draw engine.

Dahbomb

Really requires board presence to work. I might try 1 truesilver 1 coghammer. Just having 5 weapons at 3-4cc range seems really too much since you have musterx2, coghammer, 2xtruesilver if you include them all. And if you do have board presence, is hammer actually better than DOA? Not even sure if that is true personally. I guess each has their advantages which is worth exploring.

Gonna try the whole 5 weapon thing. Cutting a zombie chow for coghammer might work out. Even trying seal of light but I think I might not like that.
I don't really like Seal of Light personally. I feel like it does 1 less damage than it should. At the start the 4 heal usually isn't very relevant either. So I would definitely use Cogmaster instead of Seal of Light.

And count me in one of those people who sucks with Oil Rogue. Granted my Oil Rogue deck isn't complete (only one Preparation) but I can't see how this deck is that good in the current meta when Mech Mage is all over the place. Now those decks have started running Water Elementals as well. The match up feels like it's 8-2 in favor of Mech Mage at least.

CoolOff

That sounds AWESOME. I've been lucky enough to get two FDs, but rarely play hunter. Must try this.

It's Spark who continues to deliver:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/203417-spark-deadly-tactics-s12-death-synergy

I'm unsure about the Loot Hoarders, the Explosive Sheep, and the Snipe. The latter has done decent work but it's mostly because of the surprise factor. The sheep just seems way too easy to play around and often I find myself wanting an UTH instead. Might try a few different set-ups.

Dahbomb

Well just as we talk about Oil Rogue, Trump is getting crushed on Ladder using Oil Rogue.

He also just crushed Oil Rogue twice today in that Round Robin thing against Kolento.

Loto

edit:

Interesting that kibler used seal of light. He wasn't using it in his stream yesterday. He was actually using Harrison jones instead.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
When I crafted Alex a few weeks ago I got him in the next pack I opened.
Crafted Harrison the other day. Open a pack today....get Harrison.

I swearing this game is trolling me.

egruntz

shelaughz
When I crafted Alex a few weeks ago I got him in the next pack I opened.
Crafted Harrison the other day. Open a pack today....get Harrison.

I swearing this game is trolling me.

I've been really fortunate with my legendaries. The only one that was repeated was Mimiron's Head. Despite it being repeated twice, I've been extremely lucky. There are very few (major) legendaries that I'm missing in my collection.

BUT I also spent a few hundred bucks on this stupid game. GAH

dralla

First game with Dr. Boom in my deck. I combo out Tinker Oil with a Backstab, give the good docotor 10 attack. The bombs finish off his golem he had out. Doctor is alone on the board. The next turn I put out a couple of Bloodsail Raiders, which gets an attack bonus from your weapon (plus the oil).COMMENCE DESTRUCTION.

I played xixo's deck (the one he beat kibler's paladin with) with my own paladin deck and won :D

It is an oddly tooled mech mage. Granted, it could have just been a deck similar to xixo's but it ran AI and rag.

Zemm

So much satisfaction putting a mech mage or face hunter at lethal range then BM'ing them until they concede. No shits given.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
First game with Dr. Boom in my deck. I combo out Tinker Oil with a Backstab, give the good docotor 10 attack. The bombs finish off his golem he had out. Doctor is alone on the board. The next turn I put out a couple of Bloodsail Raiders, which gets an attack bonus from your weapon (plus the oil).COMMENCE DESTRUCTION.
Behold the power of Legendaries! :) Dr. BOOM was the first I crafted and it got me addicted. They're somehow fun to collect even if you don't always use them :)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Forsen stream right now is straight up crazy right now
Some dude donated over 9K ... like legit donated 9K No scam

Wow, other dude donated 1K.
Forsen is legit shook right now, can't even play or talk

http://www.twitch.tv/forsenlol

11K now!

FLOPPENKOMPIS!!

johnsmith

remember me
Get a mage down to 2 hp. Next turn he plays alexstraza from unstable portal. Fuck this game. Oh and he also was able to taunt it with a spare part, preventing me from killing him.

I wish Unstable Portal would give you back mana if it gives you a minion that costs less than three. Say you get a Mana Wyrm, then you play it for zero mana and gain two bonus mana crystals for the turn. So you can save it and basically get a free Innervate on the turn you'd cast it. If you pull a Wisp, then you get a 3-mana Innervate.

I think that would allow Unstable Portal to see more play.

gutshot

I wish Unstable Portal would give you back mana if it gives you a minion that costs less than three. Say you get a Mana Wyrm, then you play it for zero mana and gain two bonus mana crystals for the turn. So you can save it and basically get a free Innervate on the turn you'd cast it. If you pill a Wisp, then you get a 3-mana Innervate.

I think that would allow Unstable Portal to see more play.

Are you serious? That would make it the most broken card in the game.

clav

Why can priest copy cards in the game?

That means matchups can potentially be 34 cards vs. 30 cards.

How is that fair?

johnsmith

remember me
Every time I use tinker's oil, it goes to the fucking violet student that just spawns. Even when there's 3 other options that can attack that turn. Every damn time.

Why can priest copy cards in the game?

That means matchups can potentially be 34 cards vs. 30 cards.

How is that fair?

Really, 32 vs 30 since they use Thoughtsteal and get two back. Mage can do this even more so with Duplicate and Echo of Medivh. Ultimately, most games end before you get to the end of your deck so the difference in maximum cards doesn't often matter.

johnsmith

remember me
I can't play oil rogue while there's so many face hunters out there. Even with an antique healbot, 2 earthen rings, and 2 sludge belchers I get wrecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom