• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeD.nL

^ I don't expect them to talk about balance at all, that's something they usually keep to blog posts and the like

Yeah, your probably right. But please Blizzard.

edit: Is there a Q&A?

My wishlist:

- Mechwarper nerf
- Goblin Blastmage nerf
- Blade Flurry reworked
- Hunter... well where to start

Any mention of these would be great.

Blade Flurry and Sharp Sword Oil are the only things propping up Rogue right now. I really don't know how you can change it without making the class worthless. If you make it so that it doesn't hit the other hero like Shadow Flame, then Rogues would never be a real threat to the other player. I really do hope that they nerf Mechwarper, though. I have a ton of them saved up.

inky

Any HS news? Are we expecting the new exp to be like Naxx and be available with gold?

edit: sry, I know this is obnoxious. I just can't watch cus I'm "working" ;P Disregard post.

G.ZZZ

A bunch of shit i'd like to see

- many shitty neutrals buffs, there's no reason for why neutrals have to sucks so much especially compared to high-cost legendaries. Force-tank max is a good neutral high cost, War golem is not.

Make Magma Rager a 5/2 since 4/3 with upsides is already acceptable at common for normal cards
Make Silverback Patriarch a 1/5 since a 3/3 is a better stat distribution with the same type (beast)
Kidnapper cost lowered by 1, this card is ridicolously bad
Eye for an Eye trigger only on damage greater than 2.
Dalaran Mage +2 spellpower. No reason for it to have -3 power for 1 mana (Ogre Magi), also make it more interesting, spellpower is a basically an unused mechanic except for Drake which is played because of the cantrip.

High-cost cards are all so bad compared to legendaries:
Nightblade should deal 4 damage
Priestess of elune should give 6 life or be a 5/6.
Reckless Rocketeer could easily be a 6/1
Core Hound could easily be a 9/6 , War Golem could be a 8/7 as well, and harpy a 4/6. No one would still play any of those cards in constructed, but they'd make better alternatives for "free" decks and make Arena less variance based in deck-construction.

Some nerfs:

Dr Doom nerfed to 6/4. Still good enough for midrange/aggro, but not as much insane value for control
Force of Nature cost upped to 8, make 4 tokens.
BGH cost upped to 5, but destroy minion with power 5 or more.

Some Changes to unused legendaries to make them more interesting to see:

Milhouse make only the first spell free, not all of them. So instead of being autolose against draw spells, it's only massive card disadvantage for better board presence
Make Leeroy cost 3, but give taunt to all enemy minions, whelps included
Nat Pagle always draw a card, but from a subset of cards, like Ysera.
Hemet destroy a Beast or a Dragon
Give Illidans summons charge
Nozdormu make opponent turn last 60 seconds less, and your turn last 60 seconds more (so your turn is 150 secs and your opponent is 30).

G.ZZZ

Ahahah that 3/3 that summon himself on damage, good wizard hero power!

4 Mana 5/6 that summon a 1 cmc minion for opponent seems absurd lol.

inky

Five wings, seventeen bosses

-31 new cards

-next month

http://i.imgur.com/nyMRaXNl.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/KDhGMA3l.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/UWskuOUl.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ZcfJ3sZl.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VmMcAuul.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Thanks!

New Dragon! Yes!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
The 'hold a dragon' mechanic is a really, really interesting way to create dragon synergy.

Typically, 'tribe' mechanics like mech, beast, or whatever are aggro mechanics because you get the synergy you need to flood onto the board. But it sounds like dragons will be a control oriented tribe which I think is really fascinating.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That Legendary killer card seems sort of bad, since you have to target something with it. Maybe you could try to pull of a Sylvanas combo, but I'm not seeing a case in the current meta where the effect will be super useful.

The 5/6 dragon seems really good, I wonder if there is some more 1 drops Blizard will add to weaken it, since I can' think of much that would really screw you over.

Its like a hemet nessingwary that is useful vs pretty much every deck you play against, which is why it has that dragon in hand requirement... but it is important to note that condition has no actual cost.

Only the faciest of face decks don't run legendary cards now. Even aggro runs dr. boom or cards like antonidas.

If hemet had a target in almost every deck, you'd see it run btw. The 6/3 is not that important when you're killing something while being played.

The dragon in hand requirement is more of a limitation on how useful he will be in a deck though so it shouldn't be widespread, but I guess that depends on how widespread dragons go.

Rogue card looks pretty ridiculous. Especially in conjunction with flurry. RIP aggro.

On another note, dragon synergies! On one hand, I kind of regret DEing my Malygos' now (had one reg, one gold, DEd both for other things). On the other hand, hurray for saving Onyxia! Maybe she'll be usable.

And I guess I'll pre-order it. Right around my birthday anyway. Get the card back, and it'll be more efficient than buying it with gold (which I was saving, but 3500 for all of it? Pretty steep.)

slayn

That Legendary killer card seems sort of bad, since you have to target something with it. Maybe you could try to pull of a Sylvanas combo, but I'm not seeing a case in the current meta where the effect will be super useful.

The 5/6 dragon seems really good, I wonder if there is some more 1 drops Blizard will add to weaken it, since I can' think of much that would really screw you over.
It largely depends on how many threatening legendaries are being run. If it works, it is a lot more threatening than BGH.

Sylvanas vs Blackheart is also really interesting. Due to the way battlecries work, I'm thinking if Blackheart kills Sylvanas, he can't be stolen.

Pooya

"Dragon" minion type finally does something? cool, does "holding" mean in your hand or on the board?

I already have about half the gold for it, dunno if I pay.

slayn

"Dragon" minion type finally does something? cool, does "holding" mean in your hand or on the board?

I already have about half the gold for it, dunno if I pay.
It definitely means in your hand. The dragon synergy is going to be so you can have like an Ysera in hand powering up the other cards in your deck until Ysera herself is ready to hit the table.

inky

Seems pretty expensive with gold only, but last time I bought a lot of packs I didn't get shit. Have a month to make 600ish gold. NP.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I like that you can preorder Blackrock. Maybe the intent is to stop some of the technical issues they had with Naxx.

FeD.nL

The 7 mana cost is what kills Blackhand for me atm. Just way too expensive for the body attached and the limitations to the battlecry.

Rapstah

Blackwing Technician should be roughly as good as Tinkertown Technician, right? Didn't even realise the similar names until I wrote this post.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, I take it there is no free wing for this adventure?

Also, what do you think would be the strongest 1 mana minion to give your opponent? I'm guessing a toss up between Zombie Chow or maybe even Webspinner.

The 7 mana cost is what kills Blackhand for me atm. Just way too expensive for the body attached and the limitations to the battlecry.
He's strictly late game removal though. The cost is fine if you're removing Yesera or something else akin to that. Biggest draw back is the requirement. Hopefully there's a really cheap dragon card now as well. You can keep it in hand for most of the game.

I do like the idea of Blackwing Tech since it 'counters' a bad starting hand.

squidyj

That new legendary is meh :/

That 5/6 for 4 is a bit insane.

yeah. I think this card is just going to draw the justifiably unfavorable comparison to bgh.

it costs 7 mana
it has a precondition on its removal
the number of targets is super limited
4 health dies to literally a million things.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Can I just state how OP Hungry Dragon and Blackwing Tech are? They are going to go in nearly every deck.

Blackwing Tech reminds me of Tinkertown Technician, actually. It will fit in dragon decks for sure but it won't be in every deck.

Hungry Dragon is definitely strong, but if your opponent gets a 2/1 than its sort of like a 5/4. I could see it going either way in constructed, maybe Ramp Druid will run it. Probably an instant arena pick, though. Piloted Shredder might still be better.

gutshot

He's strictly late game removal though. The cost is fine if you're removing Yesera or something else akin to that. Biggest draw back is the requirement. Hopefully there's a really cheap dragon card now as well. You can keep it in hand for most of the game.

I do like the idea of Blackwing Tech since it 'counters' a bad starting hand.

Faerie Dragon is already in the game. They will likely add a few more cheap dragons too.

Xanathus

Ugh, the official website states that you don't get the preorder card back if you use gold. I guess I'm stil gonna just use gold because I'm already missing card backs from the WoW collector stuff and of course the TESPA card back.

Rapstah

The three Dragon cards right now that cost less than 9 mana are Faerie Dragon (2), Twilight Drake (4), and Azure Drake (5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom