• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You barely even need to do 700 per a week. It doesn't come out for at least a month, maybe slightly shorter than a month if we're lucky. Just doing dailies you get like 400-500g per a week. You've got a month so thats about enough for 3 wings right there. By the time wings 4 and 5 are available, you've got another 3 weeks to farm more gold which if you just do dailies you should hit 1400 gold over 3 weeks no problem.

The hardest part about saving up for the expansion is stopping yourself from spending gold in the meantime.

I've been saving up for about 4-5 days, already up to 540 gold and I am barely even playing atm. Maybe 10-20 matches a day (when I do play).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Faced 3 Hunters in a row =/

Edit: 4 now!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I remember when Trump said Hunter was dead with the Undertaker nerf.

benbrodelaugh.jpg

KePoW

Banned
It's actually pretty easy to grind for the gold. Here was my formula for Naxx:

Do the daily : At least 40 gold
Win 18 matches a day : 60 gold

hahahha wtf... that doesn't seem easy for completely casual players?

I can barely win like 3 matches every day? how do you do this for someone who can only play maybe 30 minutes per day? Or is this suggestion only for super hardcore gamers

squidyj

Do this for a week and you have the 700 gold for one quarter. Repeat for next week before the next quarter.

Alternate playing on Ranked and Casual. Casual gives gold too. Do not spend money on packs and Arena. Arena is a gamble at this state... you need over 6 wins to start being in the profit and you can't always rely on that.

the daily is fine but 18 matches is A LOT

Dahbomb

hahahha wtf... that doesn't seem easy for completely casual players?

I can barely win like 3 matches every day? how do you do this for someone who can only play maybe 30 minutes per day? Or is this suggestion only for super hardcore gamers
That's the maximum you need to do. You should be re-rolling all daily quests to turn 40 into 60 or even 100. In addition, the games you win for the Daily count towards the extra 10 win golds as well.

Realistically speaking you need to win around 10-15 games after you complete the Daily quest.

Yeah it's difficult to do with 30 minutes a day but even if you play 30 mins plus do the daily quest you will be able to get the gold required. Consistency is the main key and not spending your gold.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
GAF I humbly come before you for help with my n00b deck for my mage. Bare in mind I don't have a ton of cards yet outside of owning all of Naxx. Help me GAF!

Help me Hearthstone GAF. You're my only hope.

screenshot_2015-03-065qlv2.jpg

GAF I humbly come before you for help with my n00b deck for my mage. Bare in mind I don't have a ton of cards yet outside of owning all of Naxx. Help me GAF!

Your deck seems to be rather aggressive, so maybe I would replace Kelthuzad with Loatheb.

Magnus

Do this for a week and you have the 700 gold for one quarter. Repeat for next week before the next quarter.

Alternate playing on Ranked and Casual. Casual gives gold too. Do not spend money on packs and Arena. Arena is a gamble at this state... you need over 6 wins to start being in the profit and you can't always rely on that.

So, the formula is, Play a lot of games. Lol

Damn, 18 wins a day. At least 25 games on average. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Something is very stupid today. I keep getting 2x lay on hands in my opening hand...

edit:Happened next round as well...

edit2:
It has happened about 5 fucking times today... just pure stupidity.

Kettch

Even if you just do the daily you'll be getting about 50 gold a day. That's 2 weeks for a wing. If you start saving now you should have enough or close to enough for each wing as they come out.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I hope the new expansion brings a mage unstable portal class challenge. The Hunter webspinner one is still the most fun.

I don't think an unstable portal challenge would work at all. Not unless the opponent had nothing but late game minions.

ZealousD

Other people said hunter was dead or would be limited to solely face decks. But still we see midrange hunters. You wouldn't guess it by the majority of their plays though. They're much like midrange-face hunters.

Midrange hunter doesn't have too many cards that can 2-for-1 other cards. Just Eaglehorn Bow, Sludge Belcher, Dr. Boom, and maaaaaybe Highmane, really. And mid-range decks will almost always be aggressive against aggro decks. Whichever deck is faster controls the pace of the match.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

That's not easy though, 18 wins a day is a ton for most people.

So the expansion costs either 3500g or $25. That gold will buy 35 card packs, which I need desperately. And that gold will buy me more packs than the $25 could if I just spent it on cards, so yeah I'm just gonna buy the expansion and keep spending my gold on packs instead.

Midrange hunter doesn't have too many cards that can 2-for-1 other cards. Just Eaglehorn Bow, Sludge Belcher, Dr. Boom, and maaaaaybe Highmane, really. And mid-range decks will almost always be aggressive against aggro decks. Whichever deck is faster controls the pace of the match.

Midrange actually is usually playing the control match up against aggro decks. Like oil rogue for example. At one point it does become a race, like most match ups in hearthstone due to the mechanics.

ZealousD

Midrange actually is usually playing the control match up against aggro decks. Like oil rogue for example. At one point it does become a race, like most match ups in hearthstone due to the mechanics.

Yeah that was a mistype. I meant to say that midrange plays aggressive against control. So it's to be expected that mid-range hunter will go for face against control decks.

Celegus

How the heck is 18 wins in a day easy? That would take several hours even if you win every match!

I've only ever played enough to do the daily quests, and couldn't imagine playing for that long every day. I'll save up my gold over time and buy the wings when I can. Sucks the first one isn't free this time, but didn't really expect it to be.

Vanillalite

What they need to do is discount Naxx when BRM hits. Hell they can keep it 700 gold, but price drop it in real money. If they don't price drop the older content it's gonna be hell for new players.

Brofist

I don't play much mech mage, but on first glance I would say:

That Mirror Image seems unnecessary. You aren't playing a control deck where you need to buy time by slowing face damage against you. And it isn't a good solution regardless. An explosive trap will just wipe it anyway. If you really feel you need more taunt I'd use a Sludge Belcher or Shieldmasta.

The Goblin Blastmage is too important to run 1, but I'm guessing you only have 1 perhaps?

I would run a second Arcane Intellect, or 1 more type of card draw.

I get the idea of the Stormwind Champion, but I don't like it as a card personally. Only good if you already have a commanding board anyway, in which case you are winning.

KT seems like a weird fit, but could be fun I suppose.

I say try it though. It's always fun to see at least a variation of a deck, rather than complete copy paste.

Swap KT for Loatheb and lose mirror image for mirror entity. Then you are like two cards off playing the same cancerous deck as 95% of Hearthstone players.

So just observe your opponents from there and you'll work the rest out.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
That's the maximum you need to do. You should be re-rolling all daily quests to turn 40 into 60 or even 100. In addition, the games you win for the Daily count towards the extra 10 win golds as well.

Realistically speaking you need to win around 10-15 games after you complete the Daily quest.

Yeah it's difficult to do with 30 minutes a day but even if you play 30 mins plus do the daily quest you will be able to get the gold required. Consistency is the main key and not spending your gold.
When you say re-rolling, do you mean if you're at your limit (3 or whatever it is) that you abandon the less rewarding ones to make room for better quests?

Forgot to post this before, but during the UI talk for Hearthstone, the speaker mentioned how the Priest hero ability used to give minions +1/+1. Seems crazy and makes me wonder what the other hero abilities were if that was considered balanced.

Vanillalite

Your deck seems to be rather aggressive, so maybe I would replace Kelthuzad with Loatheb.

I don't play much mech mage, but on first glance I would say:

That Mirror Image seems unnecessary. You aren't playing a control deck where you need to buy time by slowing face damage against you. And it isn't a good solution regardless. An explosive trap will just wipe it anyway. If you really feel you need more taunt I'd use a Sludge Belcher or Shieldmasta.

The Goblin Blastmage is too important to run 1, but I'm guessing you only have 1 perhaps?

I would run a second Arcane Intellect, or 1 more type of card draw.

I get the idea of the Stormwind Champion, but I don't like it as a card personally. Only good if you already have a commanding board anyway, in which case you are winning.

KT seems like a weird fit, but could be fun I suppose.

I say try it though. It's always fun to see at least a variation of a deck, rather than complete copy paste.

Swap KT for Loatheb and lose mirror image for mirror entity. Then you are like two cards off playing the same cancerous deck as 95% of Hearthstone players.

So just observe your opponents from there and you'll work the rest out.

Thanks for the input.

I was wondering about mirror mage, and that makes sense.

Also yeah I only have one Goblin Blast Mage. Also only have 1 Unstable Portal.

Also why swap for Loatheb? Seems like a stat downgrade for one turn where they can't play spells except for high cost vs KT?

Also SWC was a personal preference. I could drop it, but I also don't have a ton of high lvl legendaries to replace them, and I figured the 1/1 could help if I have some mechs out.

No you always re-roll a 40 quest so that it can become a 60 or a 100 quest.

Unless it is win 2 games as hunter, then you just take the free gold.

Also why swap for Loatheb? Seems like a stat downgrade for one turn where they can't play spells except for high cost vs KT?

The point of your deck is to play brain dead and just dump your hand out as much as you can every turn. Loatheb buys you one turn where you have a full board and can do another chunk of damage to get the win.

If you get to a point where KT is useful? You are already dead because it'll die instantly since you have no other big threats. After this you will have no way to win as your opponent plays big minions and controls the match.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Low ranks are odd. The enemy Warlock just gave up when I was 1 short of lethal, I don't think he did the math...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom