• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KePoW

Banned
Dr Boom - I'm still in favour of making the boom bots randomly hit both sides except the Dr. This would just make him a bit harder to play without completely removing him from the game..

but that would be exactly like Mad Bomber then?? a Legendary needs to be clearly better than non-legendary cards

Dahbomb

For Dr Balanced the main thing they have to change is the Bots hitting for 4 damage. Absolutely unfair when they hit for that much damage especially when some aggressive deck throws their Bots at your minions, those hit for 4 on the face each and they conjure up a lethal out of nowhere. 1-3 damage Bots damage.

Special C

I REALLY hope Boom gets a nerf soon. I need to Craft Thalnos and Alexstrassa who have very specific roles. Boom can easily be replaced by another high value legendary like Rag which I already have.

"Announcing your plans is a good way to hear Ben Brode laugh"

Btw, my team gets a 1-on-1 meeting with him Thursday to talk career and culture, anyone got a question? I can try to ask if it's relevant and well-considered. : )

Something along the lines of-

Please define what you think the meaning of the word "casual" in the context of video games. Like what makes a casual game casual?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Out of the mountains of QQ and whining, how do you find the useful bits of feedback?"

but that would be exactly like Mad Bomber then?? a Legendary needs to be clearly better than non-legendary cards

What Madder Bomber do you have that is a 7/7 with two 1/1s you can potentially direct? It is still clearly better and has a different use.

A mountain giant is often more useful than Millhouse too.

Special C

Is Foe Reaper playable? I really want to use him after getting him in a pack. I know he's slow but Sneed's is slow and gets some play.

Is Foe Reaper playable? I really want to use him after getting him in a pack. I know he's slow but Sneed's is slow and gets some play.

I feel Sneeds is played because it is fun. It is way too slow to be really useful.

I don't believe Foe Reaper is playable. I've tried a few decks and it just doesn't seem to work out because it'll either die quickly or there is nothing on the board anyway. Might be worth trying in an ancestral call deck?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Oil Rogue sucks. People just don't know how to play against it.

Real talk though I don't think Oil Rogue will get the nerf. Yeah it's annoying to play against but the conditions to pull off those big combos are difficult to meet.

And if it ever did become extremely popular, it might make the illusive cards like arcane nullifier actually good to use for once.

Though i suppose Mill would still be better against all decks.

ViviOggi

Like all of the slow legendaries he only makes sense in Druid cheatlord decks. I played him in a taunt-heavy list for a while, he's great at locking down games vs aggro/midrange but hard to get out at times. Really needs that setup with fatties who can take off some heat. If you intend to play him on a small/empty board you better have a silence ready when you haven't seen Sylvanas yet.

Dahbomb

And if it ever did become extremely popular, it might make the illusive cards like arcane nullifier actually good to use for once.

Though i suppose Mill would still be better against all decks.
Honestly speaking watching online tournaments and playing Ladder... Oil Rogue is really only good against certain aggro/face decks which just load the board and don't have good removals/taunts/heals. People just load the board against Rogues, they Oil up and clear for big damage.

Oil Rogue just happens to be good because of the decks being used right now although I would argue that Mech Mage can easily wreck Oil Rogue with stuff like Annoyotrons, Chugger/Water Elementals and Frost Bolts.

I tried Foe Reaper out as well on a Warrior deck mostly because my Warrior struggles with AOE clears as I don't have Geddon. The few times where I have gotten him out successfully and got to attack with him against an aggro/mid range deck I won the game but most of the time the game was over before then or he was too slow to be placed to save my ass or I won the game without him. Right now at 8 mana he is too slow, maybe at 7 mana and fewer stats it would be a bit more usable.

Aylinato

Deathwing has won me three games in arena so far with this very good shaman deck I have, of course the 2 bloodlust help too, 2 crackles, one molten lava, and good minions

Dahbomb

Lifecoach aka Ropecoach vs Chakki (aka Mill God) about to be on the ROOTCatz stream.

All the Oil Rogue decks got crushed, no Oil Rogues in the final Best of 7.

Asbel

Hi, new player. Read the beginner's guide but still wondering what to spend my gold on. Have just been buying core packs. Also gave some google play credits to spend.

tylerf

I'm starting to think that Backstab is in that special category with Fiery War Axe where they are guaranteed to be in your opponents starting hand.

I'm starting to think that Backstab is in that special category with Fiery War Axe where they are guaranteed to be in your opponents starting hand.

Certainties in Hearthstone:

Warrior: Will always have Fiery War Axe if you think for an instant "I hope they don't have fiery war axe"
Mage: As per Warrior. "I hope they don't have frost bo- And there it is"
Paladin: Will always have True Silver on turn 4, but only if there is a minion of at least 3 health on the board.
Hunter: If you put yourself in a position to lose to kill command, you will lose immediately to kill command.
Warlock: If you play soul fire with a Doom Guard in your hand it will always be discarded, unless you have Jaraxxus which will be discarded instead.
Druid: Playing anything with a good deathrattle will immediately draw them keeper of the grove.
Priest: Priest will always have power word shield to play on an early minion. That minion will always die in the next turn anyway.
Rogue: Playing any 3 or 4 health minion grants them an automatic backstab plus agent.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Hi, new player. Read the beginner's guide but still wondering what to spend my gold on. Have just been buying core packs. Also gave some google play credits to spend.
Core packs. Goblins Vs Gnomes is important too, but buy basic packs for awhile. And get ready for frustration while you're very slowly building your deck and getting better. Seems like everyone out there has ridiculously good decks right now.

Sblargh

Banned
Piloted Shredder into Doomsayer is probably my favorite thing in this game. I don't think any other card game quite have a totally unexpected turn of events like when that happens.

Asbel

Core packs. Goblins Vs Gnomes is important too, but buy basic packs for awhile. And get ready for frustration while you're very slowly building your deck and getting better. Seems like everyone out there has ridiculously good decks right now.
Cool. Good to know there wasn't a big power creep. It's not so challenging now at my low rank but is hard to achieve the daily with a weak hero.

So those spoilers a week ago or whatever. They must be fake or non-collectible because it seems like we're only getting 1 class card per class and those screenshots had multiple mage cards. Although I guess some of them could be collectible.

Dahbomb

Warrior: Will always have Fiery War Axe if you think for an instant "I hope they don't have fiery war axe"
Paladin: Will always have True Silver on turn 4, but only if there is a minion of at least 3 health on the board.
Hunter: If you put yourself in a position to lose to kill command, you will lose immediately to kill command.
Warlock: If you play soul fire with a Doom Guard in your hand it will always be discarded, unless you have Jaraxxus which will be discarded instead.
Druid: Playing anything with a good deathrattle will immediately draw them keeper of the grove.
Priest: Priest will always have power word shield to play on an early minion. That minion will always die in the next turn anyway.
Rogue: Playing any 3 or 4 health minion grants them an automatic backstab plus agent.

ibnJhT5q4E21up.gif

Shaman: Will always roll spell power totem on turn 5 to combo with lightning storm which htis for 4 across the board. And after that it will always roll taunt totem.

Dahbomb

Shaman will always roll the totem that they need in that situation but when you summon a totem it's the totem that you don't want at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom