• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

I have never ever ever seen a priest daily quest in over a year playing the game, which makes me think they don't give quests for your highest level character. That's the only reason I can explain it.

Sblargh

Banned
I have never ever ever seen a priest daily quest in over a year playing the game, which makes me think they don't give quests for your highest level character. That's the only reason I can explain it.

My priest is lvl 54, I think, while everyone else is barely on their 20s, if that, and I'm always getting priest quests.

You're just unlucky. Which means don't play against shaman.

Pooya

my mage is at level cap, got a 5 wins with mage or hunter quest yesterday. game is just asking me to play face hunter...

Damn ladder anxiety(in this case, arena anxiety). I win one match then freak out a little and quit the game for a few hours. Come back and repeat. Don't even know why I care, I know I am bad and am trying to improve at arena so my expectations aren't exactly high. I also have enough gold for 11 arena runs right now. Still, it effects me. I had the exact same issue with Starcraft as well.

Kornflayx

Oh man, Arena game and my Warlock opponent has 12 health and a full board of minions. I only have a Pyroblast in hand and nothing on the board. And then he uses his hero ability to draw a card. I was a happy man

Heropon

Two consecutive warlocks vanquished by my semi-oil rogue. I need more cards to complete that set and other ones but I must save gold for Blackrock so that should suffice for now.

Aylinato

Two consecutive warlocks vanquished by my semi-oil rogue. I need more cards to complete that set and other ones but I must save gold for Blackrock so that should suffice for now.

I've had a a hard time vs face hunter. Oil rogues get greedy vs my handlock

Aylinato

I play midrange, not as braindead and better Handlock matchup but against that hand anyone would have struggled.

My favorite time is when I get both of the nax guys who die and summon Thaddeus, their death effect doesn't come until the turn ends/the other dies so people kill both and I get two 11/11 guys.

At 1-1 in Arena I just faced the following Priest deck:

Turn 3: Raging Worgen
Turn 4: Velen's Choice on the RW
... so, I barely survived that over the next few turns.
Turn 8: Ragnaros
Turn 9: Kel'thuzad

Insane deck. Really crazy.

Aylinato

At 1-1 in Arena I just faced the following Priest deck:

Turn 3: Raging Worgen
Turn 4: Velen's Choice on the RW
... so, I barely survived that over the next few turns.
Turn 8: Ragnaros
Turn 9: Kel'thuzad

Insane deck. Really crazy.

I've started building a dragon deck, made out of shaman, looking pretty fun

squidyj

Thanks for the input.

I was wondering about mirror mage, and that makes sense.

Also yeah I only have one Goblin Blast Mage. Also only have 1 Unstable Portal.

Also why swap for Loatheb? Seems like a stat downgrade for one turn where they can't play spells except for high cost vs KT?

Also SWC was a personal preference. I could drop it, but I also don't have a ton of high lvl legendaries to replace them, and I figured the 1/1 could help if I have some mechs out.

That one turn inability to play spells wins games. it's a turn where odds are you'll get to keep your board when it would otherwise be flamestruck, or blizzarded or equality consecrated. It's one more turn to live and provide answers instead of getting force of nature savage roared, deckhand prep tinker tinker deadly deadly flurry, fireball fireball frostbolt, etc etc etc etc etc.

Aylinato

That one turn inability to play spells wins games. it's a turn where odds are you'll get to keep your board when it would otherwise be flamestruck, or blizzarded or equality consecrated. It's one more turn to live and provide answers instead of getting force of nature savage roared, deckhand prep tinker tinker deadly deadly flurry, fireball fireball frostbolt, etc etc etc etc etc.

I have loatheb just because of oil rogue
I once made a Mage duplicate loatheb for a grand total of 5 loathebs, plus his own(he copied mine)

I think the most popular class for dragons is prob gonna be druid.

But I'm gonna try for it with paladin since it really supports control paladin's playstyle. That said, I need to make a ysera.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

But I'm gonna try for it with paladin since it really supports control paladin's playstyle. That said, I need to make a ysera.

It's too early to tell until we see more dragons and dragon synergy cards out of the expansion, but it does make a good deal of sense with the current pool. I thought mech-zoo would be more of a thing because a lot of mechs were cheap, but ultimately mage won out because of blastmage/chugga and of how well antonidas works with spare parts. Onyxia might find herself in Dragon Druid decks that run combo. I'm not sure we'll see any decks that go full Kibler with Deathwing/Nozdormu.

But ultimately, it depends on if the class cards that come out have any dragon synergies with them, or if they just add more spells to the game.

It's too early to tell until we see more dragons and dragon synergy cards out of the expansion, but it does make a good deal of sense with the current pool. I thought mech-zoo would be more of a thing because a lot of mechs were cheap, but ultimately mage won out because of blastmage/chugga and of how well antonidas works with spare parts. Onyxia might find herself in Dragon Druid decks that run combo. I'm not sure we'll see any decks that go full Kibler with Deathwing/Nozdormu.

But ultimately, it depends on if the class cards that come out have any dragon synergies with them, or if they just add more spells to the game.

I just know that as a paladin you try to hoard resources as much as possible. Even low cost resources at times. So I'm likely to have a dragon at all times of the game in hand.

It does depend on what they add, and what they add for paladins.

I'm not sure what I want to see for paladins. Maybe a mech-dragon!

ViviOggi

Since they don't have many cards to flesh out the tribe dragon decks could well be around Mech Rogue's power level (i.e. ass). In that case Druid will definitely be the go-to class with its curve cheating to get the existing heavy dragons out and good synergy with both Azure Drake and that op new 4 mana dragon. They'll really have to commit to the dragon type to make multiple themed decks viable.

ZealousD

I just know that as a paladin you try to hoard resources as much as possible. Even low cost resources at times. So I'm likely to have a dragon at all times of the game in hand.

It does depend on what they add, and what they add for paladins.

I'm not sure what I want to see for paladins. Maybe a mech-dragon!

Control Paladin does often have a pretty full hand, but Control Paladin is weak in the current meta. I guess anything is possible once Blackrock Mountain comes out, but I have a feeling that Hunter and Mage aren't going away.

and that op new 4 mana dragon.

I think people are overstating the quality of hungry dragon. Giving your opponent a 1-mana minion is not necessarily going to be worth the extra +1/+1 of stats. Especially if your opponent gets a quality 1-manner, like Leper Gnome, Clockwork Gnome, Webspinner. Mana Wyrm, Dust Devil, Flame Imp, Voidwalker, Argent Squire, Young Priestess, or Worgen Infiltrator.

Piloted shredder is straight up better.

Levi

Banned

I'd wait. I crafted a Ysera and haven't been able to fit her into any decks. She's just too slow, even in control warrior. I'm hoping the new cards give her value but until then she's on the shelf in favor of Alex or Rag.

squidyj

Heh, playing oil rogue against handlock. he had taunted up a pair of molten giants, 14 health, and if he'd had a single point of damage in hand I would have died, Instead he tapped himself down to 12, drew nothing, and flooded the board with another 2 ancient watchers and a sunfury.

dagger up, tinker, flurry, eviscerate. Exactly 10 mana and all of the damage in my hand.

Thanks for the tap bro, I needed it.

Aylinato

Heh, playing oil rogue against handlock. he had taunted up a pair of molten giants, 14 health, and if he'd had a single point of damage in hand I would have died, Instead he tapped himself down to 12, drew nothing, and flooded the board with another 2 ancient watchers and a sunfury.

dagger up, tinker, flurry, eviscerate. Exactly 10 mana and all of the damage in my hand.

Thanks for the tap bro, I needed it.

Enjoy it while you can, oils gonna get nerfed.

ZealousD

Yeah I don't really think there's a problem with oil. It can be awkward to get the combo condition. If anything it would be a weak card if Blade Flurry wasn't a thing.

Dahbomb

Oil Rogue sucks. People just don't know how to play against it.

Real talk though I don't think Oil Rogue will get the nerf. Yeah it's annoying to play against but the conditions to pull off those big combos are difficult to meet.

johnsmith

remember me
If druid combo hasn't been nerfed, There's no damn way oil rogue deserves a nerf. Too many cards required to be able to pull off 20+ damage combos, and having a board only boosts damage by 3, instead of x*2. There's a lot more problematic cards in the meta, and oil isn't even on the radar.

Haunted

The latest legendary I got was Gazlowe.

Tried him out in a Mechanical Mage Deck. (I know, I know, I hate playing Mage as well). Fun times ensued when I had Gazlowe on board and the opponent's Piloted Shredder belched out a Lorewalker Cho. Spare parts, spare parts everywhere.

And it did give me my first ranked win as Mage (only 499 to go until golden portrait!). >_>

I downloaded Hearthstone on my Asus K007 7 inch tablet (quad core processor, 2GB ram, Android 4.4.2), and when I click new user, it just stays there for about a minute, then it says "Closed: Oops! We were unable to start a game for you. Please try again. Tap anywhere to reconnect."
If I try to log in (even though I don't have an account yet), it stalls for a similar amount of time, then says "Closed: Oops! Playful sprites have disrupted Hearthstone as it was linking up to the Battle.net service. Please wait a few minutes for them to disperse and try re-launching the game. Tap anywhere to reconnect."
I tried rebooting my device. Any help? I'll provide more information if needed.

Edit: Never mind. I was on a network at work that must block Hearthstone ports. I switched networks and it works fine now.

Oil Rogue sucks. People just don't know how to play against it.

Real talk though I don't think Oil Rogue will get the nerf. Yeah it's annoying to play against but the conditions to pull off those big combos are difficult to meet.

What's the way to play around Oil Rogue? I ask this as an honest question as I haven't played much Ranked and thus haven't seen it a lot.

Dahbomb

What's the way to play around Oil Rogue? I ask this as an honest question as I haven't played much Ranked and thus haven't seen it a lot.
You absolutely clear out every single minion it has no matter how small. You especially clear out the Azure Drakes and Thalnos because their magic damage amplifies the Blade Flurry.

You also don't want to fill the board with too many minions at one time. Think of it as playing around Flamestrike. Put enough threats on the board to make the Rogue use up Tinker Oil and Flurry.

Pick mage in arena trying to get easy wins, and draft an incredible deck.

Go 4-3 after losing 3 games in a row to pyroblasts. I got served with more karma than the entire front page of reddit, I ain't even mad.

I think only four cards should really be in discussion for nerfing at this point, Dr. Boom, Mechwarper, Mad Scientist, and Goblin Blastmage

ZealousD

I think only four cards should really be in discussion for nerfing at this point, Dr. Boom, Mechwarper, Mad Scientist, and Goblin Blastmage

My take.

Mad Scientist - 3 mana. Still fully playable but you might actually care which secret it pulls. You'd also feel a little bit better about silencing it for once.

Dr. Boom - Boom's main body should be reduced to 5 health. Optionally the Boom Bots should deal a straight 2 damage or at least do 1-3 damage.

Mechwarper - I struggle to come up with any nerf to its stats that would make it playable. At best, the text could be changed to "Your Mechs cost (1) less, but not less than (1)." I probably wouldn't be angry about that one, and it reduces the pain of the double mechwarper combo, which is primarily what most people have issues with.

Goblin Blastmage - Stats are fine, maybe just reduce the missile damage by 1.

Pooya

Learned it the hard way that zombie chow and soulpriest have synergy ahahaha :(
also learned it the hard way to kill my minions first THEN put KT on the board, f the doomsayer.

still a n00b /facepalm these were some rough games.

Dahbomb

On the topic of Oil Rogue, you guys can watch Kolento getting man handled while using Oil Rogue against a bunch of control/mill decks.

Oil Rogue vs Mill Druid right now on the ROOTCatz twitch channel.

JesseZao

Learned it the hard way that zombie chow and soulpriest have synergy ahahaha :(
also learned it the hard way to kill my minions first THEN put KT on the board, f the doomsayer.

still a n00b /facepalm these were some rough games.

Another fringe KT/Doomsayer interaction to watch out for is if you had a doomsayer go off at the beginning of your turn. If you drop KT during that turn, you'll see all of your minions revive including the doomsayer at the end of your turn.

I'm not sure exactly the mechanic, but if you play enough minions so that not all of the dead one's will fit, maybe you can prevent the doomsayer from reviving.

If it's related to order of play, then if the doomsayer popped out of a shredder and then killed three other minions, you need to try and get 3 minions on board with KT (probably only possible if you lost a deathrattle minion or two) to prevent the doomsayer respawn.

My take.

Mad Scientist - 3 mana. Still fully playable but you might actually care which secret it pulls. You'd also feel a little bit better about silencing it for once.

Dr. Boom - Boom's main body should be reduced to 5 health. Optionally the Boom Bots should deal a straight 2 damage or at least do 1-3 damage.

Mechwarper - I struggle to come up with any nerf to its stats that would make it playable. At best, the text could be changed to "Your Mechs cost (1) less, but not less than (1)." I probably wouldn't be angry about that one, and it reduces the pain of the double mechwarper combo, which is primarily what most people have issues with.

Goblin Blastmage - Stats are fine, maybe just reduce the missile damage by 1.

My take:

Mad scientist - I actually have no trouble with how it plays secrets. My problem is it plays secrets and is still a 2/2, which is a decent drop. I'd nerf it to a 1/2 so you have to give up early board control to get your secrets out, which hopefully your secrets will get back.

Mechwarper - I'd slow play the nerf here and make it a 2/2. That makes it a lot easier to clear while still making it playable to get mechs out. It just hopefully would not hang around.

Dr Boom - I'm still in favour of making the boom bots randomly hit both sides except the Dr. This would just make him a bit harder to play without completely removing him from the game..

Goblin Blastmage - You could do something funky like make its power activate on the start of your turn rather than the end. But otherwise I'd just drop it to three damage assuming Mechwarper wasn't nerfed. If it is nerfed? I'd leave Blastmage for now.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I remember when Trump said Hunter was dead with the Undertaker nerf.

benbrodelaugh.jpg

"Announcing your plans is a good way to hear Ben Brode laugh"

Btw, my team gets a 1-on-1 meeting with him Thursday to talk career and culture, anyone got a question? I can try to ask if it's relevant and well-considered. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom