• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a good way to get expert cards? Everything i've got gives me only 5 dusts when i disenchant them.

the best way is to just buy $100 worth of packs.

the cheapest way is to get good at arena since daily quest gold and constructed wins will only get you 1-2 packs a day.

Kettch

I rage quit after some annoying losses the other night, and now I'm 31-4 in my last 35 arena games. Including back to back 12 win shamans. That turned around fast.

jblank83

People who take forever on their turns drive me crazy.

It's one thing if you're on turn 8 in the middle of a complex situation. Go ahead and take your time. If you're agonizing over what to play on turns 1, 2, 3, and 4, all the way up to the time limit, **** you.

Turning every match into 30 minutes is maddening.

Prodigal

Banned
Just played a Warrior who used Brawl when I had 7 minions on the board (including Kel Thuzad). Luckily for me, KT was the one who survived. The first 2 minions that get re-summoned are Knife Jugglers, and the next 4 minions that get re-summoned proc the Jugglers to hit the Warrior enough times for lethal. That was fun!

arimanius

Just played a Warrior who used Brawl when I had 7 minions on the board (including Kel Thuzad). Luckily for me, KT was the one who survived. The first 2 minions that get re-summoned are Knife Jugglers, and the next 4 minions that get re-summoned proc the Jugglers to hit the Warrior enough times for lethal. That was fun!

Rofl. I think I would of thrown my ipad across the room if I was that warrior.

frequency

Prismata Cup 2
http://www.twitch.tv/lunarchstudios

They have some unique rules going on. You can't use a deck more than twice in BO5 and more than three times in BO7. Leeroy and Starving Buzzard are banned.

Rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18y-GOCmQ60iIkNbYVqJC8rTIkNOIQP3GR8c8KE9wkrM/edit

Andrey (Reynad) is off to a bad start with this commentary. I think I remember him being alright with it back during IEM or something. Maybe just not prepared and needs some time to get going here.

Andrey (Reynad) is off to a bad start with this commentary. I think I remember him being alright with it back during IEM or something. Maybe just not prepared and needs some time to get going here.

commentary is actually really hard and takes a lot of practice and reynad doesn't get much of it.

CoolOff

How good is Kolento at the moment? His runs are so goddamn impressive.

The Chinese tournament Kripp is casting is gonna be sick, $97.5k to the winner... Set for life (at least in Ukraine) via freaking Hearthstone.

Currently 5-0 in arena with this - probably my best ever drafted - deck.

ohatgXF.png

So much card draw, excellent mana curve and really very valuable cards.

And oh my, that Al Akir + Reincarnate combo is amazing!

no hex or lighting storm but that's pretty sick overall

Lightning storm I don't need since I have plenty of 2/3 drops. The hex might come in handy at some point but so far my big tanky units are tough enough to deal with stuff.

Again, that al akir reincarnation combo is ridiculous. That thing does 12 damage in one turn and still survives.

Magnus

My arena average is 0 to 2 wins. It's terrible. I went to 5 wins once with an hunter.

I'm sure I'm just not the best player yet.

With constructed, I can consistently get to Rank 17 or so now as a priest.

Still have lots to learn.

Also, I'm really fucking disappointed in the iPad 3's performance with games. This and FF VI should run fluidly and perfectly, and neither do. Framerate issues and chugging. Terrible.

I'm liking this tournament format over the winner keeps same deck format.

I'm also liking the no Hunter and no Leeroy.

I think it is alright. I bet it really hurts if your opponent has a single deck that is favored against all yours. Because in other formats you can better respond to that kind of inequity by beating it just once. In this format you have to beat it 2-3 times and there is no ban a class option.

frequency

I think it is alright. I bet it really hurts if your opponent has a single deck that is favored against all yours. Because in other formats you can better respond to that kind of inequity by beating it just once. In this format you have to beat it 2-3 times and there is no ban a class option.

Definitely. And I wouldn't want all tournaments to adopt this format. It's just a nice change of pace. I think the format where winner keeps their deck is more balanced but I find this one more entertaining. At least so far.

Definitely. And I wouldn't want all tournaments to adopt this format. It's just a nice change of pace. I think the format where winner keeps their deck is more balanced but I find this one more entertaining. At least so far.

Yeah, at least it isn't all about picking counter decks each round. It might be better than the king of the hill type format in the end since you can't win the entire set with a single deck.

Cipherr

that game was crazy.

you all watching this?

http://www.twitch.tv/lunarchstudios

Im working but I was browsing the HS reddit an apparently there was a really good game today that went to fatigue. I missed it, but Im assuming thats the one you are talking about. I hope they put a VOD up.

Also, I'm really fucking disappointed in the iPad 3's performance with games. This and FF VI should run fluidly and perfectly, and neither do. Framerate issues and chugging. Terrible.

Might be Blizzards fault. A game like Hearthstone shouldnt be very demanding at ALL. Its crazy how unoptimized WoW is though so...

Special C

Ah you should have kept harrison. He is a good card.

Mukla is a good card too, but I wouldn't blame you for DEing him.

Harrison on the other hand has consistently shown himself strong in many different metas.

I already had a standard Mukla. I debated keeping Harrison but Rag would have instantly made 3 of my decks better so I pulled the trigger.

I don't worry too much about the Meta. I typically just play enough HS to complete a quest/day pace. And I split evenly between casual/ranked/arena so I rarely get above 12-13 in the ranks. That low I typically see a good deck variety.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He's always so serious looking when he's on stream.

What a player.

Im working but I was browsing the HS reddit an apparently there was a really good game today that went to fatigue. I missed it, but Im assuming thats the one you are talking about. I hope they put a VOD up.

yep! it was druid vs. priest. was pretty crazy

Might be Blizzards fault. A game like Hearthstone shouldnt be very demanding at ALL. Its crazy how unoptimized WoW is though so...

the ipad 3 is the first one with the high res display and it has performance issues. i think most things run better on the ipad 2.

jblank83

I keep trying to tell people that mobile means higher cost for less performance. It's the laws of physics. It takes more energy to pack power into small computer chips. This will always be true, from now to the end of time.

Even stepping up to a laptop (or a Surface Pro) will lead to a major increase in performance at a better price. Most of them are just as mobile as the iPad, some of them are just as sleek, and all of them except netbooks will be more fully functional.

/techrant

My galaxy s4 runs ff6 no problem. It'll probably run hearthstone no problem as well.

Sometimes I've noticed mobile devices having issues is somewhat user end because they don't flush out their RAM often enough or have too many apps taking up RAM in the background.

Aylinato

Oh shit that's possible? How do they get your IP?

I'm not sure, everything was fine for the 3 arena games before and then I'm destroying this paladin and all of a sudden when I had board advantage and was going to finish him off it started to slow down on my turn. Next turn comes around I cannot even play a card, the next turn doesn't even come around as its lagging too badly. I end up not being able to play at all, tried everything I can think of to stop it, but it was too late. Lil fucker kept it up for awhile after it too. Made me sad.

I was playing on my iPad before the update.

Prisen

I'm not sure, everything was fine for the 3 arena games before and then I'm destroying this paladin and all of a sudden when I had board advantage and was going to finish him off it started to slow down on my turn. Next turn comes around I cannot even play a card, the next turn doesn't even come around as its lagging too badly. I end up not being able to play at all, tried everything I can think of to stop it, but it was too late. Lil fucker kept it up for awhile after it too. Made me sad.

I was playing on my iPad before the update.

Pretty much zero chance you were DDOSed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In the long run, Yoshi-chan saves money because he would probably wreck 3 computers/keyboards/tablets playing Arena with 8k gold.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wooooow. Best 80 pack opening ever for me.

The two golden legendaries came pack-after-pack :3 and my second Leeroy! Free 3200 dust!

OfJIM2w.jpg

Yoshichan

Yeah what a waste of gold :(. 9 legendaries, two which are golden, when the "average" would be 4 legendaries out of these 80 packs.

Gold would've been better spent om arena. I would've gotten more cards + AIDS. Worth

Yoshichan

The technique here is start from the bottom card and go anti-clockwise!

Xanathus

Yeah what a waste of gold :(. 9 legendaries, two which are golden, when the "average" would be 4 legendaries out of these 80 packs.

Gold would've been better spent om arena. I would've gotten more cards + AIDS. Worth

The thing is that if you had spent all of that gold on arena you would have just as much chance of getting those 9 legendaries but still have more gold and dust on top of that. Now you've locked yourself out of arena and can only play casual/ranked so you may regret it in the future.

I mean yeah I hate arena too but surely you aren't card starve enough to spend *all* your gold on packs, especially if Blizz introduces new card packs.

Yoshichan

Like I said, arena is AIDS to me. It's worse than the fucking plague and I would rather chop my own dick off rather than spending one minute in that mode.

Do you see how worth it is to spend the gold directly on packs now? (For me, ofc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom