• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I cannot ever imagine paying for an Arena.

Just lost a game because the game froze when I was casting a Hammer of Wrath - couldn't do anything and the turn just ended without the game ever casting the spell. Things fixed themselves next turn but at that point it was already over. I'm a bit sad right now, but I could only imagine the saltiness when I would've paid actual money for that. >_>

Cipherr

Happy Nerf day guys. May we all encounter Hunters today that don't know about the nerf until turn 5/6 when they try to buzzard unleash and realize the costs are skewed leading to us winning the game. Ditto for the Miracle Rogue scum.
KuGsj.gif

20+ turn control matches for all!

JesseZao

I use hearthstonetracker. It was a little buggy when I used it a few months ago, but I updated it recently and it's been solid over 150 games. Nice charts and stuff.

The only problem I have with it is having to constantly revise the deck names/positions. If I delete a deck and make a new one, it's completely confused then, so I have to redo everything. If there were some way for the guy to code it to detect these changes and update accordingly, that'd be great.

Other than that? Lovely program.

[Part of the annoyance is Blizzard's fault though. When I delete a deck, it shouldn't move everything up. You should be able to create a deck in a selected spot in the 3x3 grid. Their own interface doesn't display the decks consistently between the play mode grid and your collection.]

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm playing control warrior up against a deathrattle priest, and my start is quite frankly, a pile of shit. No weapons and my hand is full of mid-late game minions, an armorsmith, and an acolyte. I can't put either the armorsmith or acolyte out because he has a cleric. My only solace is that he didn't put undertaker or zombie chow.

He essentially builds his board up with a cleric (still there), a dark cultist, an auchenai, a defender of argus, and a 1/2 undertaker. I'm down to 10hp but I finally get the answer I need, a brawl. The dark cultist (buffed by DoA) survives the brawl. It slows him down but after a couple turns I am still near death. I get down to 1hp..

And that's when the comeback begins. I have 1 charge of death's bite remaining. I have double armorsmith and acolyte of pain in my hand. I play all on Turn 7. I now have 1hp, 6 armor. Turn 8 I think I Cairne and armor up. He doesn't have a great answer at the moment (I don't think he ran cabal) and so on Turn 9, I managed to Alexstrasza in defense. I have like 10 armor and 15hp.

I ended up beating the priest with something silly like 30 armor.

I had no expectation of winning that game with that start. I think the only thing I was able to do in the early game was I shield slammed a 4/3 blademaster.

Emarv

Dusted Leeroy. Now the long wait as I decide what to craft.

Cairne, Sylvannas or Black Knight for my control value decks or Grommash for my Tempo Warrior deck...

Special C

Do you guys still think Leeroy is pretty playable at 5 mana? More specifically in Aggro Paladin? I think the fact that everyone will be Mass Dusting him and nobody will expect him anymore might offset the extra Mana Cost. The only two Important Legendaries I still need are Ysera and Sylvannis so that is who I'd be dusting him for.

Do you guys still think Leeroy is pretty playable at 5 mana? More specifically in Aggro Paladin? I think the fact that everyone will be Mass Dusting him and nobody will expect him anymore might offset the extra Mana Cost.

yeah he'll still be good in decks that need the extra reach. aggro paladin often has more than enough mana to play him. he's probably still good or okay in mid-range hunter.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dat feel when the priest mind controls your cairne so you can finally play Tirion.

Dat relief when you're absolutely sure he doesn't run two mind controls.

So happy that I deiced to replace Leeroy with Baron Rivendare. Even bigger plays abound!
Should add, the priest was pretty good. Was able to deal with a turn 7 Thaddius but that's probably when the game started going south for him since he used most of his hand and board.

Dusted Leeroy. Now the long wait as I decide what to craft.

Cairne, Sylvannas or Black Knight for my control value decks or Grommash for my Tempo Warrior deck...

Yeah, I just dusted mine as well. I dusted a bunch of other junk and crafted a Ragnaros and I'm still sitting on the 1,600 to either remake Leeroy or make another legendary. I'm kind of wanting a Black Knight.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Boom! 3200 dust from Leeroy :D

@people claiming miracle's demise

Southsea deckhand + 2x cold blood + faceless manipulator = 20 damage, plus weapon hit so 21 damage on turn 8.

I knew something like this would happen. I called it the day of that announcement that miracle wouldn't be killed off by leeroy nerf cause of other charge minions + combos that can take its place.

edit:
I even called this months ago before even naxx came out when people were crying for leeroy nerfs hardcore on bnet forums. People will just find another wombo combo.

johnsmith

remember me
I'm at 3500 dust after dusting leroy. Nothing I really need at the moment. The only things I don't have are infrequently used class legendaries, Velen, Antonidas, Jaraxxus, and Al'akir (this is probably the most used one but i hate shaman). For useable neutrals I'm just missing Baron Geddon, King Mukkla, and Captain Greenskin, and Deathwing, all of which are niche at best.

They better not screw us and not let us use our dust on the next expansion's cards.

ShinNL

So happy that I deiced to replace Leeroy with Baron Rivendare. Even bigger plays abound!

Should add, the priest was pretty good. Was able to deal with a turn 7 Thaddius but that's probably when the game started going south for him since he used most of his hand and board.
Funny thing is, that board is only special because of double Kel. I expect more impressive screenshots if you play Shaman KT, young pawadan ;)

The Hunter's hero power is way too overpowered. 2 damage to your hero per turn which you can do nothing to prevent.
If you have no healing in your deck, you basically lost before the battle even started

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well, most decks these days run healing for that very reason.

And it's one of the least versatile hero powers, above only Warrior's Armor Up. Imagine if the meta was dominated by Priest and Paladin after nerfs/buffs or new cards. It would be much weaker in an environment like that. Hero Power strengths depend on the state of the game.

There's only one hero power that can truly be OP and that is Warlock's, because drawing cards is rarely ever a bad thing, and one card more card from your deck is better than any single hero power.

caesar

Banned
The Hunter's hero power is way too overpowered. 2 damage to your hero per turn which you can do nothing to prevent.
If you have no healing in your deck, you basically lost before the battle even started

Hunter just got crucified and we already complaining again? xD

If you want to see op look at that Warlock power..

Special C

It's good. But ti does Zero to effect the board, which makes it a terrible hero power in Arena, but a decent one in constructed where you can build around it. I wouldn't consider it OP.

EmiPrime

Bought a pack using today's quest money, got golden Grom and Sylvanas.

Sort of makes up for the times I would buy 15 packs with real money and get nothing but crap.

Kettch

@people claiming miracle's demise

Southsea deckhand + 2x cold blood + faceless manipulator = 20 damage, plus weapon hit so 21 damage on turn 8.

I knew something like this would happen. I called it the day of that announcement that miracle wouldn't be killed off by leeroy nerf cause of other charge minions + combos that can take its place.

edit:
I even called this months ago before even naxx came out when people were crying for leeroy nerfs hardcore on bnet forums. People will just find another wombo combo.

Eh, that's 4 cards for 20 compared to the old 3 cards for 18. And shadowstep had other uses, those 4 not so much, It's a decent nerf.

Eh, that's 4 cards for 20 compared to the old 3 cards for 18. And shadowstep had other uses, those 4 not so much, It's a decent nerf.
I'm hoping to see Handlocks run Bluegill Warrior. They can still do 20 damage in one turn with it.

Obviously getting the extra Power Over sucks, but I don't think they use it for anything else.

Mixed2k

Getting so tired of the shaman bots, i always have to pray to get the auchenai / circle combo since i can't ignore the little tokens unless i want to get bloodlusted or have to deal with a sea giant.
I thought people were overreacting when I first saw the complains, then started paying attention and dear lord soooo many bots around. Blizzard really needs to deal with them.

And thank god for the leeroy nerf, now I have the "final" piece that I needed to start playing control (raggie). And it only took me 9 months to be able to get the legendaries that I needed !

ViviOggi

That Blizz still hasn't done anything against the rampant botting is pretty pathetic indeed. Simply implementing Warden would already go a long way.

bigkrev

Dusted 1 of my 2 Leeroys and a bunch of gold cards I had forgotten about, made Alkir and Deathwing. I now have every legendary that's even remotely playable except for Tink, and about 1100 dust.

There are a bunch of epics I have less than 2 of, but it feels wrong to waste dust on them right now.

Mutombo

I thought what the heck, let's try arena again, since I only played it once before.

I like it, but it depend too much on luck (drawing the right character, then drawing the right cards.)

I guess if you win 6 times it's worth the gold but right now I feel like I could've just bought a pack.

Also switched back to my first character of choice, the Druid, with a deck i half copied from better players, and made it to rank 13 quite easily. No legendaries in my deck.

I like toying with original ideas though, but sadly, because so many decks are the same, you really need an answer to the common ideas.

I've made a windfury Paladin which was really fun but too situational. Fun to do 8 damage on turn 2 with that 1/1 wind fury butterfly though, but it doesn't really win any games. Then that 6 mana win fury harpy is also a great finisher, if you manage it to finish, with the paladin's buffs.

I like that everyone's scared of a wind fury character though. It's even more taunting than a taunt ;)

Right now I'm saving dust for cairns because I think he's the best fit for my paladin redemption deck.

I thought what the heck, let's try arena again, since I only played it once before.

I like it, but it depend too much on luck (drawing the right character, then drawing the right cards.)

I guess if you win 6 times it's worth the gold but right now I feel like I could've just bought a pack.

Also switched back to my first character of choice, the Druid, with a deck i half copied from better players, and made it to rank 13 quite easily. No legendaries in my deck.

I like toying with original ideas though, but sadly, because so many decks are the same, you really need an answer to the common ideas.

I've made a windfury Paladin which was really fun but too situational. Fun to do 8 damage on turn 2 with that 1/1 wind fury butterfly though, but it doesn't really win any games. Then that 6 mana win fury harpy is also a great finisher, if you manage it to finish, with the paladin's buffs.

I like that everyone's scared of a wind fury character though. It's even more taunting than a taunt ;)

Right now I'm saving dust for cairns because I think he's the best fit for my paladin redemption deck.

Cairne was my first crafted legendary, and the first thing I did was put him in a Redemption deck. It's pretty fun, but it's not a world beater. I think Shaman is the king of deathrattle decks with Ancestral Spirit and Reincarnate. You can turn 6 Cairne, then turn 7 Ancestral Spirt, Reincarnate for two Cairnes and a bane. Things can really get out of hand with Baron Rivendare or Kel'Thuzad.

If blizzard is worried about doing 20+ damage in a turn, they didn't nerf enough cards.

We'll see that people who complained about leeroy shadowstep just have another thing to complain about. And that is just one of several combo possibilities. People aren't going to care that it takes 1 more card, they'll just care that it is possible.

Plus warriors still have their true OTK of worgen, charge + buffs to 15 attack.

Raxus

If blizzard is worried about doing 20+ damage in a turn, they didn't nerf enough cards.

We'll see that people who complained about leeroy shadowstep just have another thing to complain about. And that is just one of several combo possibilities. People aren't going to care that it takes 1 more card, they'll just care that it is possible.

Plus warriors still have their true OTK of worgen, charge + buffs to 15 attack.

Most of which isn't as easy to pull off as Leeroy Shadowstep.

They will look into other combos as they inevitably come up but Leeroy was going to be nerfed eventually and it finally happened.

Savage roar + fon needs to be nerfed next.

I still don't understand why Savage Roar is so much better than Bloodlust. Savage Roar gives +2 attack to all friendly characters (which includes the hero) for 2 mana, where Bloodlust only applies to minions and gives +3 attack for 5 mana. That's 3 extra mana for 1 more attack and it doesn't apply to the hero. I get that Bloodlust has to be balanced with other Shaman cards like Rockbiter Weapon and Windfury, but Druids have Innervate and Power of the Wild. I can't tell you how many times I thought I was safe from FoN+SR because I had more than 14 health only to get hit with Innervate plus another SR. That's 22 damage without anything already on the board.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Savage Roar is 3 mana.

And it's to compensate for Shaman's Hero Power. Consider a vanilla Druid deck with only basic cards running Savage Roar and a vanilla Shaman deck running Bloodlust. Which class is better at using these "buff all your creatures" cards using their innate tools? Shaman, by a large margin. People didn't really use Savage Roar until Token Druid (which is dead) and Force of Nature.

Anyway the game has changed since its release so maybe it's time for Blizzard to look at Bloodlust again, but you could say this for a lot of cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom