• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

You what mates? There's one class that suffered more than all the others in Hunterworld.

Welcome back Shaman.
It's good to be back.

3cqpJ9B.jpg

Now to decide what I craft in replacement of the Leeroy... I'm missing so many I've no idea. :I
As it has been mentioned before, craft with what works with your play style. You could also wait before crafting anything, see what path the meta takes, and craft a counter.

Acinixys

Also, I'm really fucking disappointed in the iPad 3's performance with games. This and FF VI should run fluidly and perfectly, and neither do. Framerate issues and chugging. Terrible.

Really?

I have an Ipad 2 and the only time I get lag is when searching for a game

zoukka

Like I said, arena is AIDS to me. It's worse than the fucking plague and I would rather chop my own dick off rather than spending one minute in that mode.

Do you see how worth it is to spend the gold directly on packs now? (For me, ofc)

bububu I make tons of gold from arena :|

Magnus

I keep trying to tell people that mobile means higher cost for less performance. It's the laws of physics. It takes more energy to pack power into small computer chips. This will always be true, from now to the end of time.

Even stepping up to a laptop (or a Surface Pro) will lead to a major increase in performance at a better price. Most of them are just as mobile as the iPad, some of them are just as sleek, and all of them except netbooks will be more fully functional.

/techrant

I play frequently on my 2008-era PC and my 2010 MBP and it's perfectly fine at best settings on both. Games just run like shit on an iPad 3. It really sucks. It was the worst time to jump in on an iPad.

Magnus

Really?

I have an Ipad 2 and the only time I get lag is when searching for a game

It's not lag I'm talking about. It's the gane's visual performance. Effects. Framerate, etc.

Could this be something wrong with my iPad? I mean, playing this side by side with my laptop or PC: it's night and day. The game is visually taxing on my iPad 3.

So I haven't been playing much since Diablo released for the PS4 last month? What's been going on? Still the Huntard meta? What's getting nerfed?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Buzzard:
Cost: 2 to 5
Stats: 2/1 to 3/2

Leeroy:
Cost: 4 to 5

the patch can't come soon enough. this weekend's prismata cup, where buzzard and leeroy were banned, was amazing. the games were slugfests that were fun to watch.

I am super hyped for blizzcon.

When is this patch coming?

Rollover for me is like 2am the next day because im so far ahead of the US time wise. Is it expected today/tonight?

they posted this: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/14279128810

but, you know, blizzard time is still a thing

wut

R.I.P. Hunters. Leeroy's nerf was long overdue.

hunter is still a strong class. now that the game is full of more mid-rangey type decks the hunter hero power will still shine.

they posted this: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/14279128810

but, you know, blizzard time is still a thing

hunter is still a strong class. now that the game is full of more mid-rangey type decks the hunter hero power will still shine.

I'm pretty sure it will be. Maybe I should say R.I.P. Buzzard. That card is bad now and is no where near worth its high cost. Will be interesting to see how Hunters adapt over time.

bigkrev

Keeping my Leeroy for now, mainly because I just cracked a second one last weekened which will be dusted.

Probably making Al'Akir, as he's the last "played" legendary I need. After him, the closest to playable stuff i'm missing are Deathwing and Tink.

ShinNL

Who else is running Molten Giants in non-Handlock decks? If so, please share your decks! They've won me so many games that I'm eager to try different decks with them.

Who else is running Molten Giants in non-Handlock decks? If so, please share your decks! They've won me so many games that I'm eager to try different decks with them.

I once ran molten giants in a rogue deck. Since you run low on HP when using weapons as removal, molten giants are usually easy to play. And I often ran sprint to cycle to the molten giants when I could play them the same turn.

I also had van cleef because you can create crazy big board states when you drop 2 molten giants for free with mana left over for other cards + cleef. One card combo would be like sprint, into double molten giants, van cleef, which made 3x 8/8s on the board.

Heck, I might even try this kind of deck again. The only thing that does suck is that there isn't a great way to recover hp other than like ERF.

Xanathus

It's in Hyped's secrets mage deck, I think that deck is gonna be pretty awesome after the hunter nerf.

Haly

I have a suspicion that the Buzzard nerf is temporary because they don't want Blizzcon to be 70% Hunters, and this is just a stopgap measure which will be fine tuned later down the road, like the UTH 2.0 was.

I just hope they realize they just gave Handlock free reign by sniping two of the classes most well equipped to deal with their lifetapping shenanigans.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

The Frost Giants version of Freeze Mage uses them. I think Demonlock uses them too.

I once ran molten giants in a rogue deck. Since you run low on HP when using weapons as removal, molten giants are usually easy to play. And I often ran sprint to cycle to the molten giants when I could play them the same turn.

I also had van cleef because you can create crazy big board states when you drop 2 molten giants for free with mana left over for other cards + cleef. One card combo would be like sprint, into double molten giants, van cleef, which made 3x 8/8s on the board.

Heck, I might even try this kind of deck again. The only thing that does suck is that there isn't a great way to recover hp other than like ERF.

Heh, that's what I've been working on actually-- a Roguelock deck. I actually wanted to build a deck Anub'ar Ambusher and that's how I came up with this. It's the same thinking you have-- weapon/early spell removals in the early game to play Molten Giants at the end. I run Sunfury/Defender of Argus to prevent some damage and it plays off Anub'ar. ERF also plays off Anub'ar.

I tried Sprint but it didn't play well with my deck. I thought the major weakness of the deck was lack of AoE against Zoo. It also struggles against Shaman the same way Handlock struggles. They got da answers against Giants. =p

Haly

I read Brode's justifications for the Buzzard nerf and I can see the logic behind it now. I'm used to Magic's set rotations so I never considered how problematic Buzzard could be a year down the road when they're trying to make new cards and having to design around Buzzard.

It's just a shame they won't extend this foresight to Lifetap.

Zeroth

I read Brode's justifications for the Buzzard nerf and I can see the logic behind it now. I'm used to Magic's set rotations so I never considered how problematic Buzzard could be a year down the road when they're trying to make new cards and having to design around Buzzard.

It's just a shame they won't extend this foresight to Lifetap.

Keep the current cost but make it so that there's a 50% chance you won't draw ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kettch

I use hearthstonetracker. It was a little buggy when I used it a few months ago, but I updated it recently and it's been solid over 150 games. Nice charts and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom