• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been killed with FoN/savage roar in a long time. it's all ramp druid and they typically only run one set if they run it at all.

Prodigal

Banned
I was playing a few matches earlier and Leeroy in my hand hand a mana cost of 4, but it was "green", implying that it had been changed somehow. Not sure what was going on there.

Zeroth

I was playing a few matches earlier and Leeroy in my hand hand a mana cost of 4, but it was "green", implying that it had been changed somehow. Not sure what was going on there.

Happened to me against a Paladin that played Leeroy. Somehow its manacost on the card was colored green like if it was changed to less with stuff like Shadowstep. I guess Blizzard thinks zoo players are dumb and had to change the card in-game for them to notice the change?
:lol

guys what do i do?

47PA8bH.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Too many damn priests in this meta. My control warrior weeps. All the priests are running Mind Control again. =(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Are you guys checking out this sick Pyromancer + Hunter's Mark tech Gaara has going on?

Hah, shaman... love it... turn 2 unbound, turn 3 spirit wolves is still delicious.]

edit:
Opps, that was supposed to be an edit.

Anyway, loving shaman with alakir so far. This MCT in priest crap is starting to get a little annoying though.

Who need leeroys when you can use doomhammer, double rockbiter, double lightning bolt (with spellpower) to take a 23 hp control warrior down lol.

All I did was hit him with the doomhammer a couple times, removed a few minions, then just happened to get a second rockbiter. I did more than 7 damage due to armor gains but yeah, ouchies.

edit:

I'll also admit I am a bit of a shaman noob, it took me almost my entire turn to realize that playing azure drake before lightning bolts was lethal lol... my brain wasn't even looking for lethal at first.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, the meta just went full control, didn't it? Lots of handlocks and priests around....

ShinNL

Are you guys checking out this sick Pyromancer + Hunter's Mark tech Gaara has going on?
But but but... I was playing Miracle Hunter before him :(

When I use and posted about Pyro + Hunter's Mark no one thinks it's special, when Gaara does it it's suddenly sick tech.

:<

Who need leeroys when you can use doomhammer, double rockbiter, double lightning bolt (with spellpower) to take a 23 hp control warrior down lol.

All I did was hit him with the doomhammer a couple times, removed a few minions, then just happened to get a second rockbiter. I did more than 7 damage due to armor gains but yeah, ouchies.

edit:

I'll also admit I am a bit of a shaman noob, it took me almost my entire turn to realize that playing azure drake before lightning bolts was lethal lol... my brain wasn't even looking for lethal at first.
Try putting a Malygos in your regular Shaman deck (surely you can miss one existing card) and see what happens with your end game options :p

johnsmith

remember me
2 garbage rogue drafts in a row that can only win by pure aggro, and I play nothing but warriors and priests with tons of taunts. Fuck my life.

3-3 and 1-3.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think the Kel'Thuzad dream would look something like:

T8: Kel
T9: Faceless Kel, Reincarnate, Reincarnate

Infinite Kels.

Infinite Kels.

if you can t8 kel without it dying you have already won.

t10 kel + reincarnate is 2 kels for 10 mana & they have to kill them on the same turn or kill and silence which makes it way more viable in actual play even on an empty board.

Infinite Kels.

No, the real Kel'Thuzad dream is to Farsight into both Ancestral Spirits. Then on turn ten;
KT > Double Spirit > Reincarnate
Six Kel'Thuzads for the price of one(and some change/luck)

Of course, overpowering your board like that depending on the situation can be really terrible. I've gotten KT really early thanks to Deathlords, but he's really vulnerable because people haven't used their removal on things yet.

Xanathus

Finished a 6 win Warlock quest in one streak, handlock OP nerf plz. I even beat a Priest who apparently teched up for Handlocks who had 2 SW:Ds, 2 SW:ps (for Belchers) and at least one BGH. Kinda odd that I didn't encounter a single zoo, it was mostly priests and shamans.

Haunted

Too many damn priests in this meta. My control warrior weeps. All the priests are running Mind Control again. =(
Nothing better than copying/stealing big legendaries.

Soul crushing.

It's why Sylvanas might be my favourite card at the moment.

No, the real Kel'Thuzad dream is to Farsight into both Ancestral Spirits. Then on turn ten;
KT > Double Spirit > Reincarnate
Six Kel'Thuzads for the price of one(and some change/luck)
suddenly, Deathwing.

This is the worst fucking game. I just started, crushed a few other newbies, now I get matched against people with flat out better cards than me. Like not only do they have more cards so they can build decks with neat combos, they have cards that are flat out better; same cost, better stats or an extra ability. They don't even pretend to start you out with worthwhile cards.

Starting this game is just the pits. Fucking pathetic, horrible, bad, not fun.

Edit: And the final slap in the face: the mode that's balanced around an even experience for everyone costs gold to enter, so it's almost impossible for new players to use. Fuck you.

This is the worst fucking game. I just started, crushed a few other newbies, now I get matched against people with flat out better cards than me. Like not only do they have more cards so they can build decks with neat combos, they have cards that are flat out better; same cost, better stats or an extra ability. They don't even pretend to start you out with worthwhile cards.

Edit: And the final slap in the face: the mode that's balanced around an even experience for everyone costs gold to enter, so it's almost impossible for new players to use. Fuck you.

Welcome to any ccg
Play arena so that you play people with the sameish level of cards so you can get more packs for constructed.

Dat edit: they gotta make money somehow bro

raiot

Welcome to Video Games

Minsc

Gold Member

Totally wrong here imo. First you won some games, then lost some. Working as intended. The game intends for all players to lose about 50% of their matches, once you start winning it matches you up against people who are more likely to get your ratio towards 50%.

Next you say arena is too hard to pay for, that's your own problem. You can arena like 10+ times a week for free by playing over multiple regions in the beginning with all the free gold you can unlock. Then when you get good at arena you can zone in to just a primary region.

Alternatively, you can simply spend $40 or so and get around 1/3 the cards from the get go if that is your preference, and have more options for playing right away if you don't want to invest the time. But some of the strongest, most reliable decks in the game are very inexpensive, and it doesn't require tons of money to do anything.

Zemm

People will say you're wrong etc but this game is now incredibly harsh for anyone joining at this point. Your best bet is making a warlock zoo deck (check hearthpwn for deck lists) as it's the cheapest effective deck.

Totally wrong here imo. First you won some games, then lost some. Working as intended. The game intends for all players to lose about 50% of their matches, once you start winning it matches you up against people who are more likely to get your ratio towards 50%.

Next you say arena is too hard to pay for, that's your own problem. You can arena like 10+ times a week for free by playing over multiple regions in the beginning with all the free gold you can unlock. Then when you get good at arena you can zone in to just a primary region.

Alternatively, you can simply spend $40 or so and get around 1/3 the cards from the get go if that is your preference, and have more options for playing right away if you don't want to invest the time. But some of the strongest, most reliable decks in the game are very inexpensive, and it doesn't require tons of money to do anything.

What? Who cares about the win rate? I have a near 100% win rate against other people playing only new decks (I know enough people playing hearthstone to already have more knowledge than straight newbies), and about a 0% win rate against people who own more cards than me.

If you had a FPS where starting players get nothing but a pistol until they've played for between a fortnight and a month, you'd still end up with a 50% win rate on games, but you'd also be thrown into games where the other guy has a sniper rifle and you get fucked. It'd be absurdly poor as a game, as an experience for starting players. And when my fucking level 8 warrior deck gets put up against what I can recognize as a miracle rogue deck, that's what it's like. It doesn't matter when that guy makes mistakes (and he was not good), I get straight fucked, no chance, too bad, go buy cards.

Or hey, there's a mode where I can play on a even playing field in regards to decks, learn some tricks, earn some cards. I'd lose to better and more experienced players players a lot, but I'd be having fun, learning and seeing how they played better with similar decks to mine instead of just winning through having better decks. That's cool, right? NOPE, fuck off, takes gold to enter, if you aren't beating ass you can't play it consistently.

And I guarantee it's because they want to keep new players out because it gets them to buy more cards if they can't just play on an even field all day.

Now I don't straight up object to paying money in a free to pay game, hey developers gotta eat. But hearthstone, buying decks is also absurdly poor value. I get how many cards I actually want or need? And no trading? Fuck that.

Take league of legends. I can pick a free champion, or buy one, but whatever I do I have no tangible advantage over the other guys my skill level when I get into the game with that champion.

And when I want to spend money, I know what I'm getting and I get exactly what I want.

From a triple A developer, hearthstone is just the worst shit I've ever seen as a player unfriendly payment model.

I like the actual game itself, but fuck that, I'm not putting up with this horrible micro-transaction model.

Minsc

Gold Member
What? Who cares about the win rate? I have a near 100% win rate against other people playing only new decks (I know enough people playing hearthstone to already have more knowledge than straight newbies), and about a 0% win rate against people who own more cards than me.

That's how the game works for everyone. People with more cards will (sometimes) just lose to other people with even more cards. You're at the bottom since you just started, yes, but so was everyone else when they started too. Many of them haven't spent anything and now have full sets. Others spent a little money and that made the difference for them to enjoy getting the rest for free.

Or hey, there's a mode where I can play on a even playing field in regards to decks, learn some tricks, earn some cards. I'd lose to better and more experienced players players a lot, but I'd be having fun, learning and seeing how they played better with similar decks to mine instead of just winning through having better decks. That's cool, right? NOPE, fuck off, takes gold to enter.

Standard for drafting in TCGs. Pay to draft, that's how it's generally always been. Except it's insanely cheaper in Hearthstone, since normal drafts can get very expensive in other games like MtG.

Now I don't straight up object to paying money in a free to pay game, hey developers gotta eat. But hearthstone, buying decks is also absurdly poor value. I get how many cards I actually want or need? Fuck that.

The absolute best time to spend money (splurge for a few dozen packs) is when you're starting out, you're almost guaranteed to get good value since you will get almost no dupes (3+ of the same card or 2+ of the same legendary).

It's no where near as bad as you make it out imo. You can put a little in, and get a lot out, or just invest some time and get a lot out too. Nothing is locked behind actual money either, so plenty of people have everything without spending a dime.

suddenly, Deathwing.
Yeah, it'll probably happen eventually. Makes me wish there was a cry emote or something.

Last night I played a control Warrior who had two Brawls.

1st Brawl I had two Kels with five total minions out. One survived.

2nd Brawl I had a full board with four Kels, the rest were junk totems, a problem with more than on KT, and he had one minion. Had another Kelly live and he conceded.

Also, when are we getting Kenan'Thuzad?
Pretty sure someone else made that joke already.

caesar

Banned
I think her boyfriend broke up with her or something. well people donated a lot of money and to her while she was crying. you can imagine how certain people took that.

Never watched her stream so dont know her personality, but if you were feeling that down about it why would you even stream? A distraction perhaps, but still.

gutshot

If you had a FPS where starting players get nothing but a pistol until they've played for between a fortnight and a month, you'd still end up with a 50% win rate on games, but you'd also be thrown into games where the other guy has a sniper rifle and you get fucked. It'd be absurdly poor as a game, as an experience for starting players. And when my fucking level 8 warrior deck gets put up against what I can recognize as a miracle rogue deck, that's what it's like. It doesn't matter when that guy makes mistakes (and he was not good), I get straight fucked, no chance, too bad, go buy cards.

Or hey, there's a mode where I can play on a even playing field in regards to decks, learn some tricks, earn some cards. I'd lose to better and more experienced players players a lot, but I'd be having fun, learning and seeing how they played better with similar decks to mine instead of just winning through having better decks. That's cool, right? NOPE, fuck off, takes gold to enter, if you aren't beating ass you can't play it consistently.

And I guarantee it's because they want to keep new players out because it gets them to buy more cards if they can't just play on an even field all day.

Now I don't straight up object to paying money in a free to pay game, hey developers gotta eat. But hearthstone, buying decks is also absurdly poor value. I get how many cards I actually want or need? And no trading? Fuck that.

Take league of legends. I can pick a free champion, or buy one, but whatever I do I have no tangible advantage over the other guys my skill level when I get into the game with that champion.

And when I want to spend money, I know what I'm getting and I get exactly what I want.

From a triple A developer, hearthstone is just the worst shit I've ever seen as a player unfriendly payment model.

I like the actual game itself, but fuck that, I'm not putting up with this horrible micro-transaction model.

Wow, you seem very upset about this. Yet most multiplayer games are like this, where you have to play the game for a while before you have access to high level items/resources. That being said, there are a few different decks that are viable without a lot of epics and legendaries. Just google around for low budget or starter decks.

And really, if the game itself is fun, what is the problem? Enjoy playing the game while you work towards acquiring more cards.

Never watched her stream so dont know her personality, but if you were feeling that down about it why would you even stream? A distraction perhaps, but still.

isn't it her job and not just a hobby? sometimes you still have to go to work even when you're feeling shitty.

Emarv

I find it interesting that new people will go into PvP without all of the basic class cards. Obviously I don't agree with that poster's sentiment, but I do think Blizzard needs better introductory instructions for beginners.

It's been so long since I've started the game, but I feel it needs to be totally clear that you should level up all classes to Level 10 before you even begin larger PvP.

And, I do think there should be more modes than just Casual and Ranked. I guess Ranked is supposed to find players of equal skill, but with ranks reset each month, finding those brand new players a more welcoming playing field is difficult.

There has to be some middle ground for new players, right?

ViviOggi

isn't it her job and not just a hobby? sometimes you still have to go to work even when you're feeling shitty.
Last time I checked she studied but considering how much she streams nowadays she's either gone full time or cut back on courses. She's definitely making decent money.

Hope she'll be fine, this GG mob is no joke.

Aylinato

last time i watched her stream she said she quit school

That's unfortunate. A good education cannot be replaced, and eventually she will want to stop streaming(can't stream in your 60s I think, and without having a pension/retirement setup you can be in a lot of trouble especially if you don't invest while you have money, let alone if the economy crashes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom