• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

lol Reynad lost again and is in loser's bracket.

chansub-global-emoticon-18be1a297459453f-36x30.png

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
While I don't agree with the sentiment of lazorexplosion entirely, I can see how HS is a little frustrating for new players to get in to. I recently tried to get a friend to start playing but he didn't want to invest the time getting roughed up with nothing.

I know Blizzard won't ever do this but I'd love to see a basic card only mode added to accompany casual and ranked. It would completely remove the complaints of this guy and have no effect on the "real" game, also giving players with incomplete sets a more friendly environment to complete dailies for classes they aren't focusing on. I would love to use something like that for dailies on my rougher classes.

While I don't agree with the sentiment of lazorexplosion entirely, I can see how HS is a little frustrating for new players to get in to. I recently tried to get a friend to start playing but he didn't want to invest the time getting roughed up with nothing.

I know Blizzard won't ever do this but I'd love to see a basic card only mode added to accompany casual and ranked. It would completely remove the complaints of this guy and have no effect on the "real" game, also giving players with incomplete sets a more friendly environment to complete dailies for classes they aren't focusing on. I would love to use something like that for dailies on my rougher classes.

Ideally, this is what Casual would be, but you have players with much better cards playing against new players. I know because I ran "budget" Control Warrior (okay, I don't have Geddon, Jones and Ysera, that's about it) to do a daily and I ended up ROFLstomping a new player playing Paladin who opened with Goldshire Footman and made some flat-out terrible plays (he kept going for face, including burning all his Truesilver charges on hitting me while I had an Armoursmith and two Acolytes out and I was playing my Shield Blocks). That's not fun for me either, I just wanted to do dailies.

My MMR must be shit, I've been doing really badly the last few days. I've dropped from 12 to 15 over the last week. So much Warlock, and I mulligan for the wrong one every damn time. No point complaining, this meta too shall pass. My newly crafted Black Knight has won me a few games though.

Lifecoach might be the slowest player I've ever seen. Takes turn one all the way down to the end of the rope to coin/life tap when playing handlock...

Hell, even the prior game when he knew he lost, he still waited to burn the rope all the way down before playing a few minions while his opponent had lethal on the board.

Lifecoach got destroyed 0-3 to an agro Mage deck

Cipherr

The whole point of a collectible card game is to get you to obtain better and better cards, and it's pointless if the better cards are beaten or are equal to the starter cards. You've simply won too much and ranked up too high to the point that you're matched against better players who have better cards, so now you're going to lose until you meet other players who have just as basic cards like yourself. That's the whole point of the ranking system and it's the only way it can possibly work.

It exposed a hole in the game IMO. Maybe thats their intent, but it would be nice if he could go off and play some sort of PvE mode for a few weeks to build gold and buy packs so he isn't basically forced to get wrecked by better cards for weeks until he either caves and spends $60 or suffers weeks of losses while trying to finish his dailies.

I'm a broken record on this, but it sucks. Theres needs to be an alternative to "Welp, just play zoo for a month until you have better cards!".

Fuck if they even had free to enter arena mode, it would be great. But nope, can't just let the new players into the even playing field as much as they want.

I have asked for this too, but alas:

At some point they have to make money.

Which is true... so oh well... Adding a free arena where new players with no cards could have a shot at building equal decks would remove a ton of motivation for newbies buying card packs. So its not gonna happen. A caveat of F2P.

I missed the European Blizzcon Qualifier stream today.

Is there a recording somewhere that I'm missing? Or do I have to wait for VoDs to be uploaded to youtube?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Backspace Rogue will shine once against with Shadowstep + BGH.

ShinNL

It's not like Hunters won against Handlocks because of Buzzard Unleash. Nothing is stopping them from still dominating against Handlocks.

No one who cares even a slight bit about balance would want a meta with only a bunch of free wins Hunters.

Special C

Echoing Ooze should see more play. It's almost on par with Haunted Creeper for value and has more potential if you have buffs in your deck.

Minsc

Gold Member
What's so bad about handlocks? Not easy to play.

People just don't like seeing ~6 4/9 or 8/8 creatures before turn 8 I think (and that's not even their end game, add a few more 8/8s to that number, plus 6+ damage flamestrikes).

What's so bad about handlocks? Not easy to play.

It's just that handlock sort of reduces the game down to the mechanics and strategies that people dislike the most. You either go full on aggro or you rely on a straightforward 15+ damage burst combo, because if you play for board control or try to compete in resources you'll lose vs Handlock 100% of the time.

Mountain giant should just discard your whole hand, and molten giant should be a flame imp that costs 20 life. I hate handlock.

SteveWD40

It's just that handlock sort of reduces the game down to the mechanics and strategies that people dislike the most. You either go full on aggro or you rely on a straightforward 15+ damage burst combo, because if you play for board control or try to compete in resources you'll lose vs Handlock 100% of the time.

Mountain giant should just discard your whole hand, and molten giant should be a flame imp that costs 20 life. I hate handlock.

Handlock can be on the ropes, then 8/8, 8/8, DoA = 2 X 9/9's and a 2/3 in one turn. Use your removal? they do it again next turn.

The giants essentially punish: damage to the enemy hero, having a lot of tokens on the board or even just letting things go past turn 5 (cards in hand).

Just play Shaman, they can be good against Handlock. I have a high win rate against them, mainly thanks to the fact that I run so much removal. Earth Shock, Hex, even Reincarnate works in a pinch as a silence. I'm tempted to put in Black Knight myself, but no Deathrattle is no bueno.

Acinixys

Wow I just had the most horrible arena run

0-3

Lost last game to a Paladin who played Snapjaw + Blessing of Kings X2 and then divine shielded it 4 times in a row

fml

ViviOggi

Wow I just had the most horrible arena run

0-3

Lost last game to a Paladin who played Snapjaw + Blessing of Kings X2 and then divine shielded it 4 times in a row

fml
Happens to the best. I love seeing disappointed Trump when he goes 0-3 with a deck he predicted to go to 9 or Kripp getting insanely salty and going on a tirade about not making any gold for days

Tacitus_

Wew, took a middlish rogue deck from 2-2 to 7-2 today. I was already braced for crashing out at 6 since my mulligan failed completely and I drew most of my endgame cards and zero early game. Then... the paladin coined Millhouse Manastorm :lol
Free sprint, free eviscerate and full hand tyvm. He had no chance after that.

ShinNL

Just play Shaman, they can be good against Handlock. I have a high win rate against them, mainly thanks to the fact that I run so much removal. Earth Shock, Hex, even Reincarnate works in a pinch as a silence. I'm tempted to put in Black Knight myself, but no Deathrattle is no bueno.
I play a heavy control giant Shaman. No Earth Shocks, but when you respond to a mountain giant with... a mountain giant, handlocks are usually clueless on what to do. Mountain, Mountain, Earth with Ancestral, Faceless, Kel, Molten.. handlock be all OMG 2 Siphon is not enough! >D

Dat feeling when you play a Mountain Giant before the handlock does... XD

Mixed2k

AW GOD DAMMIT !
The game is trolling me so hard I can't believe in this. I traded my Leeroy a few days ago to finally craft ragnaros and start playing control decks and what do I get when opening a pack after my fabulous 1-1 arena run? A ragnaros !

I think I just lost all my will to play this game for a couple days that's for sure, 1200 wasted dust, I can't even ............... Please Blizz nerf ragnaros so I can disenchant both :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom