• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
turn 7 ancient of lore
turn 8 ancient of war
turn 9 ironbark protector
turn 10 ironbark protector
turn 11 ironbark protector
turn 12 druid of the claw

keep fucking that chicken arena

Had a fun game as Priest in Arena just there. Fall a bit behind, throw out Thoughtsteal and grab an Ancient of War. Enemy plays one of his own Ancient of Wars next turn. I draw Divine Spirit and play out my own as a 5-20. Long series of turns ensue where I keep healing my AoW, as the Druid has no way of killing him, and we both build up massive boards. Turns out he had drafted (at least) 3 Ancient of Wars. Eventually I make a huge trade using Auchenai, Azure Drake and Circle of Healing to destroy his board and leave enough left of mine to convince him to concede.

Cipherr

So this happened last night:

ryBT2RK.png

I already had a Leeroy pre-nerf I d/e'd for a Sylvannas, then last night I get another Leeroy in a pack, and it turns out that even if you get the Leeroy post patch it still disenchants for 1600! So now I have a Ragnaros too!

Once I get a Cairne then I will have pretty much all of the Legs I really really want. Then Ill just have to start praying for Giants to drop in my packs so I can play Handlock one day.

Mixed2k

So this happened last night:

I already had a Leeroy pre-nerf I d/e'd for a Sylvannas, then last night I get another Leeroy in a pack, and it turns out that even if you get the Leeroy post patch it still disenchants for 1600! So now I have a Ragnaros too!

Once I get a Cairne then I will have pretty much all of the Legs I really really want. Then Ill just have to start praying for Giants to drop in my packs so I can play Handlock one day.

I hate you !
At least in my pack I got a golden unleash the hounds. AH take that!

On a side note, now that I got 2 ragnaros and I don't want to DE it, the disenchant all button is pissing me off, gonna have to do it all manually now. As if 40 dust packs weren't annoying enough already.

I hate you !
At least in my pack I got a golden unleash the hounds. AH take that!

On a side note, now that I got 2 ragnaros and I don't want to DE it, the disenchant all button is pissing me off, gonna have to do it all manually now. As if 40 dust packs weren't annoying enough already.

Why do you want 2 when there is 0% chance of ever having two rag cards in a constructed deck?

Zeroth

Why do you want 2 when there is 0% chance of ever having two rag cards in a constructed deck?

Maybe one day Rag will be tweaked and he would like to have extra dust? Not that I personally see a Rag change coming anytime soon.

I mean, I don't see much point in DE cards until you have just enough to craft the card you want, since cards could change until then.

Maybe one day Rag will be tweaked and he would like to have extra dust? Not that I personally see a Rag change coming anytime soon.

I mean, I don't see much point in DE cards until you have just enough to craft the card you want, since cards could change until then.

There won't be any balance changes until Blizzcon is over. I do agree that you should wait until there is a card you need for a deck you want to play.

I'm in the same bind with the Tinkmaster I pulled. I should probably just dust him because I want to craft a Pyroblast, which would let me play Freeze Mage. I'm a little hesitant though. I don't like dusting Legendaries unless I have to, like I dusted Cho and another crap one (I think it was post-nerf Pagle) for Grommash so I could get my Control Warrior off the ground. I should wait, I've got uncanny luck when it comes to pulling crap gold cards or cards that have been nerfed (I got two gold Eaglehorns the day after the nerf and a gold Twisting Nether from packs during Naxx).

Minsc

Gold Member
Nothing like beating a golden Paladin who has an endless supply of healing, board clears, peacekeepers and tech cards like Black Knight by having them top deck their tirion fordring, only to immediately concede after playing it, because even fordring has nothing on a taunted 12/12 thaddius and double KTs among other assorted minions (plus I had a hex left).

Nothing like beating a golden Paladin who has an endless supply of healing, board clears, peacekeepers and tech cards like Black Knight by having them top deck their tirion fordring, only to immediately concede after playing it, because even fordring has nothing on a taunted 12/12 thaddius and double KTs among other assorted minions (plus I had a hex left).
I'm glad to see you enjoying Shaman Minsc! Do you have a deck list?

Minsc

Gold Member
I'm glad to see you enjoying Shaman Minsc! Do you have a deck list?

This is my current deck, the meta I'm in isn't too challenging (except for the weird matches like the golden paladin earlier), so it's a little weird, but nothing too out of the ordinary I think. You'll probably yell at me for not having that other 2 mana spell to bring stuff back to life, but I always feel it never works out for me.

caesar

Banned
This is my current deck, the meta I'm in isn't too challenging (except for the weird matches like the golden paladin earlier), so it's a little weird, but nothing too out of the ordinary I think. You'll probably yell at me for not having that other 2 mana spell to bring stuff back to life, but I always feel it never works out for me.

Ancestral Spirit? Yeh it's gimmicky.

I know it's not a very good card, but I've had some of the best and amazing plays with Farsight. I may not win that much, but when everything comes together, it's the best thing ever.

Cast in point, this just happened a moment ago.
SD0sD2V.png

Six Kel'Thuzads on turn 9. Prey for mercy...

johnsmith

remember me
Still havent played a handlock, but fuck secrets mages. So annoying to play against.

Also playing mind control tech is a thing now? Lol.

Xanathus

Been playing secrets giant mage for a bit and I think Mad Scientist is next on the nerf block. It's so much better compared to Voidcaller which requires you having a demon in hand *and* it's also a class card. I was just thinking about why Voidcaller isn't really played much in constructed.

The resource system favors playing cards at all stages of the game, so even the controllier decks/classes are often going to be best used aggressively.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. It seems like you are trying to say the aggro priest decks I am playing aren't aggro, but they are playing a lot of cards needed to be played on curve to be successful. And even aggro decks can have late game cards.

At least they aren't face decks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Been playing secrets giant mage for a bit and I think Mad Scientist is next on the nerf block. It's so much better compared to Voidcaller which requires you having a demon in hand *and* it's also a class card. I was just thinking about why Voidcaller isn't really played much in constructed.

Voidcaller is an amazing card. The problem with it has nothing to do with the card itself, it's entirely the fault of how bad most of the demons in the game are. You can't put bad cards like Felguard, Succubus, or Pit Lord into your deck just for Voidcaller synergy. The demons you have to pull have to be good enough on their own to be played independently.

Yeah handlock is pretty impossible with priest, I just don't have the burst to kill them from 16-18 health and whatever early game advantage I have is always going to be moot because of that. I guess I can add the rivendare back in but I don't have the draw engine to make sure I get that 2x zombie chow combo by turn 10. I don't know if I want to buckle down and add two BGHs for only one matchup

Dreavus

Been on the bad side of the random factor today.

A priest in arena Mind control techs my only taunt (sunwalker with divine up)

Then he mind visions my Stormwind Champion out of a 4 card hand for just enough damage to kill me.

Feels bad but I can't help but laugh.
then cry :(

Voidcaller is an amazing card. The problem with it has nothing to do with the card itself, it's entirely the fault of how bad most of the demons in the game are. You can't put bad cards like Felguard, Succubus, or Pit Lord into your deck just for Voidcaller synergy. The demons you have to pull have to be good enough on their own to be played independently.

I actually do think felguard is worth playing on its own. Not so sure about succubus though. I also think pit lord is viable, maybe a 1 of since you can't really afford to sacrifice 10 hp. But sometimes 5 is enough to drop you into free molten giant range where you also get a 5/6 for 4 mana... pretty damn good imo. Then you jaraxxus the next turn or something.

Every once in a while soulfiring your face is viable. This would be more viable.

ShinNL

Molten.. <3

You are correct in not playing Ancestral Spirit, because that will only hurt a curve based deck like that. My deck runs the combo because it has no 1 or 2 drops, so I always have 2 more cards in my hand. And this is necessary because most of my plays are part of a combo, like Ancestral Healing on Blademaster, Ancestral Spirit on Earth Elemental, Double Molten Sunfury or Kel/Syl Reincarnate. Or Faceless any of the above.

Tacitus_

I actually do think felguard is worth playing on its own. Not so sure about succubus though. I also think pit lord is viable, maybe a 1 of since you can't really afford to sacrifice 10 hp. But sometimes 5 is enough to drop you into free molten giant range where you also get a 5/6 for 4 mana... pretty damn good imo. Then you jaraxxus the next turn or something.

Every once in a while soulfiring your face is viable. This would be more viable.

Succubus is bad because it's a 4/3 so it dies to 2 drops and 3dmg removal.

I know it's not a very good card, but I've had some of the best and amazing plays with Farsight. I may not win that much, but when everything comes together, it's the best thing ever.

Cast in point, this just happened a moment ago.
SD0sD2V.png

Six Kel'Thuzads on turn 9. Prey for mercy...

.....Hmmm. I'm going to uh, bookmark your post and make a deck.

Actually do you have a deck list for that?

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Man, just lost to DeerNadia on stream while doing arena. How goddamn embarrassing. I guess Trump was skyping her during so I'm just going to pretend he was coaching her.

Man, just lost to DeerNadia on stream while doing arena. How goddamn embarrassing. I guess Trump was skyping her during so I'm just going to pretend he was coaching her.

Sry brah, I beat her on ladder like a month ago. But I lost to firebat that was playing some weird rouge stealth deck last week tho. So I know ur feels.

Haunted

I'm all for players playing their turns quickly, but this is like fucking speed Hearthstone. :lol And they're making mistakes because of it, imo.

Xanathus

Anyone know what's that smartphone thing to the side of their monitors that seems to be glaringly white?

edit: more top tier plays, double innervate into hero power

edit2: oh that's just a lamp for their face cams. I wonder if streamers also use those.

Zemm

The standard in that match was so poor, one of the worst I've seen. If Kwoar gets that nervous again I don't see how he'll beat someone like kolento who is used to all of this.

ViviOggi

This is always so awkward, two players sitting right in front of each other trying their hardest to avoid eye contact, with the grimmest look on their faces, feeling the rush of the salt flowing through their veins... Most of the time you don't even see a handshake. These kids ever watch EVO?

Xanathus

This is always so awkward, two players sitting right in front of each other trying their hardest to avoid eye contact, with the grimmest look on their faces, feeling the rush of the salt flowing through their veins... Most of the time you don't even see a handshake. These kids ever watch EVO?

I liked the match yesterday with that guy against Lifecoach, Defishous or something like that. He was glaring at Lifecoach the whole time. Having face to face matches is great because it adds bluffing to the game like poker.

watching the early rounds of EVO it's often easy to tell who the online warriors are. most of these guys have no experience playing in public it's completely understandable they'd be nervous.

.....Hmmm. I'm going to uh, bookmark your post and make a deck.

Actually do you have a deck list for that?

Just know one thing, this really isn't a deck for laddering, it's a deck for pulling off big and silly plays. Even when you can pull something off, there's a good chance you'll die. The main reason I play ladder over Casual is because it's more predictable.

This is the deck I'm been using for a while;

It works pretty good but you have a pretty big chance losing to more aggressive decks. It's just really hard to catch up. Best cast against aggro is that you put a taunt down, and they silence it without removing it. Then you can trade and try two back in it's place. The main idea is just to delay to the late game, get combo cards in hand, then pull off something amazing. It's definitely something you have to learn and adapt over each game.

This is something I'm going to try experimenting with;

I switched out Thalnos and the Inventors for Farseers and The Black Knight. Just want to see if that lack of card draw really hurts me and just give up on beating aggro decks since I have a high loss rate to them anyway.

I will also add, worst match ups are going to be Paladins and Priests. They both have great removal, people are running Mind Control again to, and Thought Steal sucks when all you have is power / value cards. I also think that while Shamans can play the control game, they are better off with lower curved decks. I might try making something a bit lower curved, but then it gets hard to use things like Kel'Thuzad and etc.

Xanathus

watching the early rounds of EVO it's often easy to tell who the online warriors are. most of these guys have no experience playing in public it's completely understandable they'd be nervous.

You can tell the pubic tourney players by the guys wearing sponsor ads all over their clothes Kappa

ShinNL

I will also add, worst match ups are going to be Paladins and Priests. They both have great removal, people are running Mind Control again to, and Thought Steal sucks when all you have is power / value cards. I also think that while Shamans can play the control game, they are better off with lower curved decks. I might try making something a bit lower curved, but then it gets hard to use things like Kel'Thuzad and etc.
No, don't go lower, go higher to beat those classes. That's why my deck has no Lighting Storm and unlimited big threats. I have more big minions than both of them have removals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom