• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Sry brah, I beat her on ladder like a month ago. But I lost to firebat that was playing some weird rouge stealth deck last week tho. So I know ur feels.

Thanks man. I wouldn't mind losing to someone who's like, you know... known for being good at the game. But losing to someone who's mainly known for streaming in busty cosplay to thirsty dudes is a bit of a hit to the old ego. In my defense, it was a Hunter run with a pretty lousy draft selection so I'm not going to take it too personal.

johnsmith

remember me
Thanks man. I wouldn't mind losing to someone who's like, you know... known for being good at the game. But losing to someone who's mainly known for streaming in busty cosplay to thirsty dudes is a bit of a hit to the old ego. In my defense, it was a Hunter run with a pretty lousy draft selection so I'm not going to take it too personal.

Nadia is better than most people in this thread. How many people here get legend every season, and of those who has finished higher than rank 100? Not many, if anyone.

Zemm

Nadia's the perfect example of "time = rank", she makes the most awful misplays every time I see her play, which I'll admit isn't a lot since I only watch her when everyone else isn't streaming. She's easily the worst legendary player I've seen stream though, not even close.

Aylinato

Nadia is better than most people in this thread. How many people here get legend every season, and of those who has finished higher than rank 100? Not many, if anyone.

Nadia is very good. She's also good at cosplaying. I remember she was taking lessens from some other pros earlier this year to do the push from rank 3 to legend. She's very good with miracle, Druid, warrior, Mage and hunter.

She also makes less mistakes then trump(who gets greedy with his plays when he has the and in his hands, I wish he'd do the more conservative play sometimes)

Except she actually is good at the game.

ShinNL

Kinda netdecked it to give myself a headstart, but now as an addition to my Giants theme (and I still don't have Handlock, lol), Giants secrets Mage. So good :D

Xanathus

Kinda netdecked it to give myself a headstart, but now as an addition to my Giants theme (and I still don't have Handlock, lol), Giants secrets Mage. So good :D

Giants secret mage is so good right now because everyone expects aggro when they see mage and don't know how to play against it. I had a control warrior waste executes and shield slams on my Water Elemental and Belchers and even threw out BGH thinking it was going to be useless.

Agraavan

Someone care to explain why Kel'thuzad isn't extremely OP. His stats and ability looks insane and there wasn't a single time I faced one where the exchanges the opponent managed to make with him didn't put him way ahead on the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He does nothing by himself.

If you play him onto an empty board, he's an overcosted Boulderfist Ogre.

Agraavan

He does nothing by himself.

If you play him onto an empty board, he's an overcosted Boulderfist Ogre.

The same can be said about almost any minion whose power is to improve another minion (eg. Shattered Sun Cleric). That's his thing, enter a populated board and roll the game out of control of the opponent.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The same can be said about almost any minion whose power is to improve another minion (eg. Shattered Sun Cleric).

And those are all relatively balanced cards, despite their raw stats potential (Defender, Houndmaster, Flametongue, etc).

He isn't OP because he can only do his job some of the time, versus Alex, Ragnaros or Ysera who can do their job all the time. You don't feel it because you're only seeing Kel'thuzad when it is the optimal time to play him, but try running a deck with Kel'Thuzad and you'll quickly find he's an awkward card to play with.

so I have no local TeSPA chapters but I really want that card back. Are there going to be any loopholes that you guys know of? Kinda like how you can easily get that Fireside card back?

Zeroth

From my observations in the higher ranks (8-7), being a golden warlock is kind of a dead giveaway you're a zoo
and probably a bot

Agraavan

And those are all relatively balanced cards, despite their raw stats potential (Defender, Houndmaster, Flametongue, etc).

He isn't OP because he can only do his job some of the time, versus Alex, Ragnaros or Ysera who can do their job all the time. You don't feel it because you're only seeing Kel'thuzad when it is the optimal time to play him, but try running a deck with Kel'Thuzad and you'll quickly find he's an awkward card to play with.
That's probably it. I can see what you say about those others Legendaries, but nonethless, the way they put the other player ahead don't seem quite drastic as the way I see when Kel'thuzad is played.

But you are probably right, it must be because I'm only seeing it work as intended.

Cipherr

KT is one of those "Im already ahead, so lets get MORE ahead" cards. Its probably the best card of that nature. But you cannot always guarantee that you will be ahead. In the case that you aren't, he gets smoked and you burned nearly a full turn doing nothing.

Few of these Hearthstone players in the EU qualifiers have ever played cards in person before this tourney. They give so much facial expression and overt reaction! Think that will tighten up quickly over the coming months.

Tacitus_

I faced a ramp druid earlier today that innervated a rag out (which sniped my largest guy), then put out a taunt and then KT.
*concede*

Haunted

KT is one of those "Im already ahead, so lets get MORE ahead" cards. Its probably the best card of that nature. But you cannot always guarantee that you will be ahead. In the case that you aren't, he gets smoked and you burned nearly a full turn doing nothing.
Putting him behind a sizable taunt basically demands the opponent to have a silence or hard removal ready or the game is lost. Otherwise you're looking at someone that has to deal 10+ damage in a turn or he's done.

And hell, if KT baits out that Polymorph when I still have Rag and Ysera waiting in the wings, excellent.

zoukka

Few of these Hearthstone players in the EU qualifiers have ever played cards in person before this tourney. They give so much facial expression and overt reaction! Think that will tighten up quickly over the coming months.

That's because nobody ever plays HS face to face.

No, don't go lower, go higher to beat those classes. That's why my deck has no Lighting Storm and unlimited big threats. I have more big minions than both of them have removals.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking that I don't have enough threats for later in the game. Shame I dusted my Leeroy for Golden cards! I have been thinking about putting in Ragnaros though, since that could turn into some shenanigans. I'll have to figure what to take out though.

Edit: For people looking for the fireside cardback, I used this thing called the Evolve Client. I don't really understand it, but it lets you connect with other players in games I guess. What I do know is that it makes your game think other people are nearby. You just need to find a group with people, make sure they're logged on, and then play your three games. I uninstalled after I got my card back, so I'm not sure how many people would be doing it still, but you guys might be able to get something together with more people in the thread.

Cipherr

Except she actually is good at the game.

Yeah a lot of the female streamers get a bad rep and I don't get it. A lot of them are bad, but Nadia and Hafu at least I have watched, and they are legitimate good players. Everyone makes misplays here and there, even Trump and the rest.

Edit: For people looking for the fireside cardback, I used this thing called the Evolve Client. I don't really understand it, but it lets you connect with other players in games I guess. What I do know is that it makes your game think other people are nearby. You just need to find a group with people, make sure they're logged on, and then play your three games. I uninstalled after I got my card back, so I'm not sure how many people would be doing it still, but you guys might be able to get something together with more people in the thread.

I dont understand what this is for? Can you not already play people on your friends lists?

ViviOggi

Yeah a lot of the female streamers get a bad rep and I don't get it. A lot of them are bad, but Nadia and Hafu at least I have watched, and they are legitimate good players. Everyone makes misplays here and there, even Trump and the rest.

You sure you don't get it?

Cipherr

You sure you don't get it?

Well not really. Sure a lot of the unknown female streamers are terrible, but have you ever ventured down that Twitch list, they are 90% male, and all those unknown guys are awful too. I know the whole "Oh hey, heres my cleavage!" shit is lame but so are the jackasses that overact for viewers and have a heart attack after every exciting play. Two sides of the same damn coin really.

In order to get that card back you need to play with people who are on the same LAN as you, that program sets up virtual LANs online.

Oh I didnt realize there was a card back for that.

Oh I didnt realize there was a card back for that.

Yep, it's for this one;
150px-Card_back-Launch.png

the fact that women get shit on at all for showing cleavage already indicates a deep sexist bias. why should anyone feel ashamed for making a living by streaming even if they aren't the best at the game? where is the audience's accountability here?

the only thing that's wrong with those streams is the amount of creepy dudes financially supporting someone they've never met just to have something to stroke it to, and that isn't on the women at all. that's a problem of antisocial weirdos who are empowered by the combination of anonymity & access that's inherent to online celebrity interactions.

People seem to love anime names as gamer tags... frezzar, gaara, (mine is a loose translation of Ichigo = to protect one/all (or something) = protekt1)...

At least mine isn't literally the name Ichigo heheh.

-

On another note, what do you guys think of my latest iteration of my midrange rogue - deathrattle version:

death_blade.png

I already had a double undertaker opening, one was immediately shadowword pain'd though and the second was taken down easily since I didn't draw a second deathrattle, but it set me up in a position to clear the leftover with dagger and use DID on my loot hoarder to clear with DID on board. Then after I dropped azure drake into cairne into loatheb + haunted creeper it just kinda snow balled from there.

I even had assassin's blade + 2 deadly poison in hand.

frequency

the fact that women get shit on at all for showing cleavage already indicates a deep sexist bias. why should anyone feel ashamed for making a living by streaming even if they aren't the best at the game? where is the audience's accountability here?

the only thing that's wrong with those streams is the amount of creepy dudes financially supporting someone they've never met just to have something to stroke it to, and that isn't on the women at all. that's a problem of antisocial weirdos who are empowered by the combination of anonymity & access that's inherent to online celebrity interactions.
I agree with this. Why are male streamers allowed to do whatever they want to get viewers but female streamers are looked down on for doing the equivalent?

People seem to love anime names as gamer tags... frezzar, gaara, (mine is a loose translation of Ichigo = to protect one/all (or something) = protekt1)...

At least mine isn't literally the name Ichigo heheh.
You should have went deeper and named yourself Strawberry

I agree with this. Why are male streamers allowed to do whatever they want to get viewers but female streamers are looked down on for doing the equivalent?

You should have went deeper and named yourself Strawberry

Isn't that shallower? I did think of that, but I like the way he drives himself to protect people over the shade of his hair :p

frequency

Isn't that shallower? I did think of that, but I like the way he drives himself to protect people over the shade of his hair :p

I don't actually know what character you're talking about so I didn't know about his hair color. I don't really watch anime.

I just know the spelling of the name based on what you are describing (which is uncommon, but Ichigo isn't a common name in general). And that strawberry is read the same way. So it seemed a step deeper to me.

Strawberry is a cuter name.

I just love it when kelthuzad works out so perfectly. Had a 4/3 and a 4/4 vs two taunts of 3/4 and 4/3. And top decked kelthuzad, versus the dreadful zoolock.

I just love when that card works out.

I wonder what zoolocks cut for hellfire though. He did level the playing field a moment when he hellfired my 4x 1/1s and baronrivendare and spawning himself a 4/4 from the nerubian egg.

edit:

Wow, and I didn't think of this but undertaker is buffed by minions brought back with kelthuzad.

I can't believe this warrior lost this matchup as he was far ahead before I dropped KT. He even had a sylvanas on board the turn I dropped KT and an undertaker (with sludge belcher on board. Also just a small side note, the belcher would have deathrattle'd before sylvanas making the 1/2 a target for stealing. But he had no way to kill off his sylvanas and I guess he didn't want to keep giving me additional targets for sylvanas either. So I figured, with belcher up, my best and perhaps only chance to win is to go for face. This ended up paying off and I was really surprised I won this match, but then again I did force him to use so much removal it was heartbreaking to see minion after minion die to the point where 1 turn all I could do is baron rivendare and dagger up cause I had a very awkward hand around turn 7.

db_v_warrior.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom