• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Pally vs Shaman so exciting...
sleeping.gif

That top deck finish though

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The post Miracle/Hunter meta boys.

Every game to fatigue.

CoolOff

been playing hunter. it's been great. just farming mage and handlock.

edit:

lxlsmGl.png

This looks pretty good, but wouldn't it struggle like crazy against Shaman? The Wild Pyro/Acolyte draw-engine is the same that the old Pyro-hunter ran, Nerubian Eggs fucked over that one though which is a shame because Geddon + Snipe was pretty fun to play.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He's turning on his Kolento vision.

EDIT: Lol, these perfect draw orders.

This looks pretty good, but wouldn't it struggle like crazy against Shaman? The Wild Pyro/Acolyte draw-engine is the same that the old Pyro-hunter ran, Nerubian Eggs fucked over that one though which is a shame because Geddon + Snipe was pretty fun to play.

it seems okay i think mostly because they still play around unleash when i'm not running it.

CoolOff

Nah, screw it, everytime I go back to ladder I get reminded of how much I fucking loathe constructed. Never again.

There it is in writing.

tilt.

Nah, screw it, everytime I go back to ladder I get reminded of how much I fucking loathe constructed. Never again.

There it is in writing.

tilt.

Man I feel like the complete opposite. I played arena last night and went 12-0 and I was bored as fuckkkkk. Playing around other peoples random crap in their deck is insane if you are trying to win/be competitive.

I know going 12-0 contradicts my statement but the point I'm trying to make is that it takes out a lot of the thinking aspect from the game. It's fun in it's own right though if you're into to it being random. It was cool back when the game was super fresh and I had no cards tho since yeah you cant really be highly competitive without most of the cards.

Deck:

edit: oops double post x.x

Cipherr

Used brain kiblers priest to get to legend this season

I've been working on a few different decks after I hit legend again this season. But this priest one is still solid.

pRtTIgM.jpg

I struggle to let go of a second death. I absolutely love two forms of 1:1 removal in my decks and I probably need to get over that.

Man I feel like the complete opposite. I played arena last night and went 12-0 and I was bored as fuckkkkk. Playing around other peoples random crap in their deck is insane if you are trying to win/be competitive.

I know going 12-0 contradicts my statement but the point I'm trying to make is that it takes out a lot of the thinking aspect from the game. It's fun in it's own right though if you're into to it being random. It was cool back when the game was super fresh and I had no cards tho since yeah you cant really be highly competitive without most of the cards.

Deck:

edit: oops double post x.x

Thats a decent arena deck but nothing insane. Major props on taking it to 12 wins. Just shows the gulf in skill. I wouldn't have likely gotten that deck beyond 7.

ShinNL

Balancing out Hunter =/= dead Hunter.

But there are some who really believed that nerfing Buzzard was the same as stealing one's hero power permanently, or something.

Xanathus

I imagine one of the reasons his hunter hit top 1 immediately after the nerf is because everyone started playing classes weak against hunter like handlock and mage. Buzzard nerf doesn't affect that matchup much or if at all. However without buzzard, hunter is going to be weak against zoo and other tempo decks.

Zemm

reynad @AndreyYanyuk

Had to pee badly before the paladin game started but had to wait until after. 30 ropes later I ended up making a lot of mistakes.

☑ "I had to pee badly" ☑ "This guy's deck is CRAZY!” ☑ “My deck can't win against a deck like that” ☑ "He NEEDED precisely those two cards to win" ☑ “He topdecked the only card that could beat me” ☑ "He had the perfect cards" ☑ “There was nothing I could do” ☑ “I played that perfectly” ☑ PJSalt
not an entirely serious post

Just know one thing, this really isn't a deck for laddering, it's a deck for pulling off big and silly plays. Even when you can pull something off, there's a good chance you'll die. The main reason I play ladder over Casual is because it's more predictable.

This is the deck I'm been using for a while;

It works pretty good but you have a pretty big chance losing to more aggressive decks. It's just really hard to catch up. Best cast against aggro is that you put a taunt down, and they silence it without removing it. Then you can trade and try two back in it's place. The main idea is just to delay to the late game, get combo cards in hand, then pull off something amazing. It's definitely something you have to learn and adapt over each game.

This is something I'm going to try experimenting with;

I switched out Thalnos and the Inventors for Farseers and The Black Knight. Just want to see if that lack of card draw really hurts me and just give up on beating aggro decks since I have a high loss rate to them anyway.

I will also add, worst match ups are going to be Paladins and Priests. They both have great removal, people are running Mind Control again to, and Thought Steal sucks when all you have is power / value cards. I also think that while Shamans can play the control game, they are better off with lower curved decks. I might try making something a bit lower curved, but then it gets hard to use things like Kel'Thuzad and etc.

Thanks alot for explaining the deck! I'll definitely check it out. Looks like a blast to play.

caesar

Banned
Used brain kiblers priest to get to legend this season

I've been working on a few different decks after I hit legend again this season. But this priest one is still solid.

pRtTIgM.jpg

Nice, I'm preferring Kolento's priest in this meta though.

Been using a control warrior atm, rank 4 right now but hoping to reach legend soon. I think warrior is in a strong place right now, Ysera is really strong and the draw provided by acolyte with so many ways to activate him it's been easy wins so far.

Thanks alot for explaining the deck! I'll definitely check it out. Looks like a blast to play.
No problem. Just wanted to make sure you know what you're getting into! Should add, Thanks to Soneet advice, I took out one Sunwalker and one Lightning Storm for Gruul and Ragnaros. It's been working decently. It's an ass laod of Legendaries but the idea is to have more threats than opponents have removal. If you're missing cards, gains and Rock Elementals work well. Again, main idea of the deck is to turn one strong minion into many.

Forgot to mention, I dropped a lightning bolt for The Black Knight too.

I'll be honest, I made a mistake dusting Leeroy for golden Stalagg/Fugenn. He works good too. Golden Thaddius is pretty COAT though.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Majine

Banned
Haha, they placed two people there to keep them from glancing at the giant screen beside them? Great solution, you guys.

hearthstonemiss-672x336.jpg

Xanathus

They didn't have those 2 guys standing there during the previous games so does that mean anyone could have cheated during those?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haha, they placed two people there to keep them from glancing at the giant screen beside them? Great solution, you guys.

hearthstonemiss-672x336.jpg

wat the fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom