• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutombo

anyone ever experienced fishy players?

I was making quite a nice comeback with a tirion against a mage, then on his turn it suddenly starts lagging like crazy, I think he's just stalling, then boom boom boom, 3 of my turns pass crazy fast.

Seriously, was I cheated? No way my turns could've gone by so fast.

Zeroth

I was making quite a nice comeback with a tirion against a mage, then on his turn it suddenly starts lagging like crazy, I think he's just stalling, then boom boom boom, 3 of my turns pass crazy fast.

Sounds like you were lagging and got temporarily disconnected. The game goes on based on the player that is connected to the server, and what you described is what happens when your client wasn't connected and suddenly loads all that happened.

just sounds like regular ass server problems. this happened all the time in the beta.

ShinNL

Priest has Shadow Word Death for both my Mountain Giants.

Priest uses Ancestral Spirit, Reincarnate on Sylvanas.

Fuck you Priest.

Just played the same druid twice where the first match he got an amazing start... turn 1 spectral knight good. Makes the card look broken as hell... I still could have come back if he had no removal in his hand, but he did and it was an easy snowball from turn 1.

Then I played him again, and thankfully lightning didn't strike twice. I ended up beating him I guess because he had no answer to sludge belcher + sylvanas on the board from his remaining three cards on turn 9.

First time I lost to druid with this deck... crazy opener with solid follow ups. Two eviscerates were also sitting dead in my hand that match.

Any idea where I can get a hi-res (printable) version of the Hearthstone emblem? I'm looking for this one, just bigger..

http://www.teamliquid.net/staff/wo1fwood/blog/sss2013/hearthstone.png

highest res one I could find is 400x400

d7Ga5sn.png

I can't tell if that pic is just an up-scaled version of the original tho.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Definitely upscaled

I love kelthuzad. My loatheb that was hit by both equality AND aldor peacekeeper came back to haunt that paladin, as did my sludge belcher which already managed to 2-1.

Trump might be the mayor of value town, but I'm the CEO of Value L.L.C., and we all know corporations are worth more than a dinky town's goverrnment. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I love kelthuzad. My loatheb that was hit by both equality AND aldor peacekeeper came back to haunt that paladin, as did my sludge belcher which already managed to 2-1.

Trump might be the mayor of value town, but I'm the CEO of Value L.L.C., and we all know corporations are worth more than a dinky town's goverrnment. :D

Trump's always saying that KT is a bad card. He clearly fits into Control Paladin, don't know why he can't see its value. Even if the only thing you do is rez a Sludge Belcher he's worth it.

i reallllllly hope they do something about mages in arena

I don't think Mage is OP, but I find them the most boring class to face, and they show up far more often than they would if every class were picked equally. Especially when I get a few wins, arena becomes Mage central. I've been adapting my drafts on the presumption that I'll be playing against 50%+ mage, and I think it's helped.

Cipherr

Nothing to do until they release more cards since their strength comes from their common cards.

Amen. Some classes just lack class cards that are as good as mages. Locks for example. I fucking hate damn near all of their class cards. Self destruction is the absolutely dumbest 'gimmick' to build a class around....

Play this card and deal 'X' damage to yourself!
Play this card and destroy a mana crystal!
Use this Hero power and lose 2 life!
Play this card and discard a portion of your fucking hand!

Holy hell I hate that class.

caesar

Banned
Amen. Some classes just lack class cards that are as good as mages. Locks for example. I fucking hate damn near all of their class cards. Self destruction is the absolutely dumbest 'gimmick' to build a class around....

Play this card and deal 'X' damage to yourself!
Play this card and destroy a mana crystal!
Use this Hero power and lose 2 life!
Play this card and discard a portion of your fucking hand!

Holy hell I hate that class.
I don't understand this, some Warlock cards such as Doomguard are incredibly powerful and need that drawback.

Life is just another resource and even more so for Warlock, it makes sense and fits in with the concept of the class.

The hero power needs some sort of nerf though I believe, easily the best in the game.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Nadia is better than most people in this thread. How many people here get legend every season, and of those who has finished higher than rank 100? Not many, if anyone.

Nadia is very good. She's also good at cosplaying. I remember she was taking lessens from some other pros earlier this year to do the push from rank 3 to legend. She's very good with miracle, Druid, warrior, Mage and hunter.

She also makes less mistakes then trump(who gets greedy with his plays when he has the and in his hands, I wish he'd do the more conservative play sometimes)

Except she actually is good at the game.

Maybe I've misjudged her then. I don't really follow streamers like everybody else. I only know about her from what I've seen said on various forums and glancing at her stream a few times. I've never seen anyone mention anything in terms of her playing skill and only seen talk about her in regards to various internet drama. That coupled with the times I've glanced at her stream and she was wearing some sexy cosplay along with no one in chat even talking about the games she was doing gave me the impression she was sort of just an attention whore and her gimmick was just roping in thirsty dudes. She comes across much differently than Hafu who seems a lot more serious. If she actually seriously plays the game then more power to her and I take it back.

I agree with this. Why are male streamers allowed to do whatever they want to get viewers but female streamers are looked down on for doing the equivalent?

I'd roll my eyes at any guy who I thought was trying to pull the same thing.

these fucking sea giant bots i swear

They still annoy the heck out of me too. But once I drop a kelthuzad their performance goes.... well... kinda like

ketchup_robot_fail-3017.gif

Robot-vs-lepcso.gif

Almost every time.

They just trade into minions you have on the board and generally even ignore kelthuzad as well, unless they hex it in which case sad face.

So they correctly took away the engine from buzzard/hounds, but they left miracle rogue pretty much untouched. Yea leeroy combos are gone but the fundamental problem with miracle is that it's an noninteractive deck that can cycle through all of its cards without risk. The fact that miracle is still this strong blows my mind.

caesar

Banned
So they correctly took away the engine from buzzard/hounds, but they left miracle rogue pretty much untouched. Yea leeroy combos are gone but the fundamental problem with miracle is that it's an noninteractive deck that can cycle through all of its cards without risk. The fact that miracle is still this strong blows my mind.

I don't mind it, it's an interesting deck. I like to mindgame them by leaving my death's bite on 1 charge. 'Go on buddy, get the best deals anywhere.'

I don't mind it, it's an interesting deck. I like to mindgame them by leaving my death's bite on 1 charge. 'Go on buddy, get the best deals anywhere.'

It's interesting for one player.

In other news the ladder is awesome right now. It's the wild west. Running into all sorts of weird decks, even deathrattle hunters.

It's interesting for one player.

In other news the ladder is awesome right now. It's the wild west. Running into all sorts of weird decks, even deathrattle hunters.

Deathrattle hunter is basically what I predicted hunter would turn to, mainly cause there were verisons of it without buzzard before the buzzard nerf.

I haven't laddered much in the last couple days, been experimenting a lot, but I'm told it is a top tier deck too that is prob gonna be more popular. Fortuneately for me, the deck I am working on has had decent success so far, but turn 2 mad scientists with undertakers on turn 1... pretty hard to deal with.

Don't think I can push through to rank 5 for this season at this rate :(

Had 3 really bad draw games in a row and nearly dropped to rank 7, I guess I'll play some arena before I go on tilt

Just had this ridiculous combo work in arena.

yrcGuvm.jpg

I'm willing to draft this card more often now.

Edit: RNGhezus is with me this morning, just had my rag hit the opponents face twice while there's 5 minions on board.

Xanathus

So I've been playing that hunter deck by Era that got him to 1 and i'm convinced that it's a troll deck to fool people into playing a crappy deck. It's extremely inconsistent and the only way to really win is if you get your undertaker starts. Without that the opponent has a ton of ways to clear your board and set up taunts. The only good matchups it has are handlocks but even they have a chance if they get their clears early.

frequency

Maybe I've misjudged her then. I don't really follow streamers like everybody else. I only know about her from what I've seen said on various forums and glancing at her stream a few times. I've never seen anyone mention anything in terms of her playing skill and only seen talk about her in regards to various internet drama. That coupled with the times I've glanced at her stream and she was wearing some sexy cosplay along with no one in chat even talking about the games she was doing gave me the impression she was sort of just an attention whore and her gimmick was just roping in thirsty dudes. She comes across much differently than Hafu who seems a lot more serious. If she actually seriously plays the game then more power to her and I take it back.

I'd roll my eyes at any guy who I thought was trying to pull the same thing.

I have a huge problem with "attention whore" as a term. What would you call the male who draws in viewers?

Male streamers regularly do whatever it takes for viewers and no one says anything. But the same is not true of female streamers. You judge her simply because she happens to be attractive. You are (perhaps subconsciously) judging a female streamer here more harshly than you are any male streamer. You say you "roll your eyes" but you're not here saying Lifecoach is a hack for streaming topless. She beat you at the game yet it wasn't by her own merits? It was because Trump was skyping in and you're going to pretend he was coaching her. Why is it so offensive to lose to her that you (by your own admission) have to lie to yourself to accept the loss?

You didn't even care to give Nadia a chance by watching long enough to see her ability. You are judging based on forums and random glances and seeing cosplay (which, shame on you for saying that is being an "attention whore").

What was Trump when he had the sub drive with a reward of hugging his teddy bear on camera? How about when he dressed up as a gangster for the "Prison Trump" stream? Or the numerous times he does a song cover on camera?

(Before anyone thinks I am a "thirsty dude" trying to defend titillating streams, I'm not a dude)

caesar

Banned
I have a huge problem with "attention whore" as a term. What would you call the male who draws in viewers?

Male streamers regularly do whatever it takes for viewers and no one says anything. But the same is not true of female streamers. You judge her simply because she happens to be attractive. You are (perhaps subconsciously) judging a female streamer here more harshly than you are any male streamer. You say you "roll your eyes" but you're not here saying Lifecoach is a hack for streaming topless. She beat you at the game yet it wasn't by her own merits? It was because Trump was skyping in and you're going to pretend he was coaching her. Why is it so offensive to lose to her that you (by your own admission) have to lie to yourself to accept the loss?

You didn't even care to give Nadia a chance by watching long enough to see her ability. You are judging based on forums and random glances and seeing cosplay (which, shame on you for saying that is being an "attention whore").

What was Trump when he had the sub drive with a reward of hugging his teddy bear on camera? How about when he dressed up as a gangster for the "Prison Trump" stream? Or the numerous times he does a song cover on camera?

(Before anyone thinks I am a "thirsty dude" trying to defend titillating streams, I'm not a dude)

No idea who Nadia is but defending Lifecoach streaming topless. The guy is rich as hell and simply does it because he wants to, it's not even possible to donate to him. I have seen some girl streamers offering snapchats for donations over a certain value though, I mean it gets them money but it's a little weird. You end up with tons of creeps on the stream salivating over everything. Their choice though I guess.

Good news for all us honest HS players, it seems the banhammer on bot users has finally started hitting.
Currently on Asia servers, hopefully soon in NA/EU.

frequency

No idea who Nadia is but defending Lifecoach streaming topless. The guy is rich as hell and simply does it because he wants to, it's not even possible to donate to him. I have seen some girl streamers offering snapchats for donations over a certain value though, I mean it gets them money but it's a little weird. You end up with tons of creeps on the stream salivating over everything. Their choice though I guess.

I didn't mean to speak negatively of Lifecoach. I quite enjoy his stream. I just mean that male streamers can do whatever they want and few people say anything about it. But a girl dares to have a little fun by dressing up? "ATTENTION WHORE!"
And for some reason questioning her ability to play the game because of it.

Everyone streaming is doing it for "attention". No one is streaming for no one. They all want people to watch, otherwise why waste the bandwidth?

You can't blame a streamer for the viewers. Creepy people are creepy no matter what a female streamer does or doesn't do. And it's on them, not her.

I just really don't agree with looking down on anyone for doing whatever they do on stream.

gutshot

Just beat the Military Quarter and got Baron Rivendare. Any legitimate decks that use him? Or is he more of a card for troll decks?

Yoshichan

Good news for all us honest HS players, it seems the banhammer on bot users has finally started hitting.
Link?

edit: :( Seems to only be on China (mainland) servers... not even ASIA-servers.

Tarazet

They'll be back in minutes and won't be banned again for months. At least for a little while it will be zoo bots instead of sea giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom