• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblank83

You are a lying liar who spreads lies!

Guardian of Kings is "ok" in a heal heavy deck. That means, at minimum, 2 Earthenring Farseers + Lay On Hands. Without that, it's an underpowered 7 drop that will, at best, stave off death a turn or two and, at worst, be easily removed by better (imo) minions/spells.

IMO

It's the return of the Construct Quarter.
skhgqyI.png

Aylinato

Why can't you do it, it's ten total mana for 32 total damage. I'll agree that it's hard to get cards for a large combo without a miracle engine, but you could build a control-ish Warrior deck that lasts for 30 turns. Of course, you'd be better off actually running Control Warrior if you have the cards.

But yeah, that's why I think you'd be better off with Alexstraza and then your combo. You'd only need a Worgen > Charge > Inner Rage to finish them off. Not to forget you have the 8/8 they have to deal with.

That reminds me of the old OTK with Gorehowl / Alexstraza / Warsong Commander. I guess it's not an actual OTK Since they have to keep Gorehowl though.

No, charge is 3 mana. 3(charge)+3(Worgen)+3(rampage) is 9 mana

No, charge is 3 mana. 3(charge)+3(Worgen)+3(rampage) is 9 mana

Everywhere I looked says it's 2 mana.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/454-rampage

But, if it is 3, then toss an Abusive Sargent in there for another 2 damage for one mana. So it would look like:

Raging Worgen....4 damage...3 mana
Inner Rage...........2 damage...0 mana
Inner Rage...........2 damage...0 mana
Ramapge.............3 damage...3 mana
Charge................2 damage...3 mana
Abusive Sargent...2 damage...1 mana
Total..................15 damage.10 mana

Aylinato

^i didn't say abusive he was talking about rampage which is 3 mana. I guess I'm
Wrong, that seems broken thought it was 3.

Wait I had an idea. Giant warrior. If you get to 10 health you can charge moltens(two of them) for 6 mana for 20 damage, more if you have rampage+the 2 dmg bonus. So at max you could do 8+8+2+2+3+2+2 in one turn at low life. 27 damage in one turn. 25 and you can excute a taunt

^i didn't say abusive he was talking about rampage which is 3 mana. I guess I'm
Wrong, that seems broken thought it was 3.

Wait I had an idea. Giant warrior. If you get to 10 health you can charge moltens(two of them) for 6 mana for 20 damage, more if you have rampage+the 2 dmg bonus. So at max you could do 8+8+2+2+3+2+2 in one turn at low life. 27 damage in one turn. 25 and you can excute a taunt

I was actually just thinking the same thing. You could do Molten Giant (free) plus Charge for 3 mana plus Inner Rage X2 for free plus Rampage for 2 mana plus Faceless Manipulator for 5 mana. It would be easy to drop your health low using weapons to remove enemy minions, but then you'd have to build up lots of armor once you got to 10 or less health. That's also a ton of cards to have all at once.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Have we gone back in time?

Aylinato

I was actually just thinking the same thing. You could do Molten Giant (free) plus Charge for 3 mana plus Inner Rage X2 for free plus Rampage for 2 mana plus Faceless Manipulator for 5 mana. It would be easy to drop your health low using weapons to remove enemy minions, but then you'd have to build up lots of armor once you got to 10 or less health. That's also a ton of cards to have all at once.

Mountain giant, twilight drake, hehehehe

What you
Mean back in time haly??

So Rampage is 2 mana, so you can use a Worgen if you want.

Worgen is 3, Charge is 3, and two Rampages make 4.

3 base + 2 Charge + 4 Inner + 6 Rampage + 1 Enrage x 2 is 32 damage.

Unless if I'm somehow crazy, and HearthHead, Google, and my own game are wrong, and shows it as 2, when it's in fact 3.

Tacitus_

I've found this enrage deck to be hilarious
JfwYRNI.png

Charging frothing/gurubashi berserkers + whirlwinds / inner rages etc is hilarious. I got a 20 dmg frothing last week :D
(the deck is supposed to use grommash but I subbed Leeroy for him since I don't have Grommash)

Aylinato

JfwYRNI.png

Charging frothing/gurubashi berserkers + whirlwinds / inner rages etc is hilarious. I got a 20 dmg frothing last week :D
(the deck is supposed to use grommash but I subbed Leeroy for him since I don't have Grommash)

Let's see.

Gurbashi+charge is 5, for 8 mana, then inner rage for 10 damage more, then another 5 from taskmaster
So 20 dmg for. 10 mana

And if you save a death bite it's 23 damage

Tacitus_

Let's see.

Gurbashi+charge is 5, for 8 mana, then inner rage for 10 damage more, then another 5 from taskmaster
So 20 dmg for. 10 mana

Nono, if the enemy has any minions on board, frothing + whirlwind leads to hilarious results. I charged a frothing and got two whirlwinds off, one from card and the 2nd from the axe and ka-pow.

Aylinato

Nono, if the enemy has any minions on board, frothing + whirlwind leads to hilarious results. I charged a frothing and got two whirlwinds off, one from card and the 2nd from the axe and ka-pow.

Oh lol I was talking about what sort of combo I could do with a single unit lol

Another fun Warrior thing, that'll work, is using the Warsong Commander with Blood Knight or Violet Teacher. Biggest issue is keeping the commander on the board, but it's fun to pull off.

What's really cool is if you use Commanding Shout with the Violet Teacher, all new spawns are immune to damage.

JfwYRNI.png

I've been using a Warrior version of Zoo lately. Basically you use a ton of low damage, low cost minions to flood the board and Warsong Commander to give them charge. Deathrattle minions are great with it because you can immediately attack with them and the tokens that they spawn when they die. You can saw through most any taunt with a Haunted Creeper, a Dire Wolf Alpha, and a Warsong Commander, and if you have a Frothing Berserker on board when that happens, they can get ridiculously big really fast and can even have charge. One problem is that it can run out of gas real quick if you can't draw into a Cult Master when you're throwing minions at high health targets. It's not a deck that will get you to legend, but it will get you rank 11-12 really fast. But the Priests that are all over the ladder right now absolutely destroy this deck.

Boogiepop

Had an opponent manage to pull off the Mogu'shan Warden followed by the cards that double health and then the one that makes attack equal health earlier (am I the only one that tends to think of cards as "card that does x"? I need to get better at actually paying attention and remembering more names). 14/14 taunt is definitely scary, but though it took throwing my whole field and a card or two at it I managed to take it down and ended up pulling off a win. Of course I was playing Rogue at the time and just thinking how great it would've been if I had an Assassinate in my hand.

Oh, and to confirm since I actually never ran into anyone else dealing with it till today and I was always too afraid to risk screwing it up in an actual game and wasting a move, but buffing a silenced minion apparently works fine, yeah?

Wow, played a freeze mage who did 27 dmg in one turn with nothing on the board prior to that turn. Apprentice, Apprentice, Kobold, Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Ice Lance, Fireball, Fireball. Required basically the perfect hand but damn was that an annoying turn 10.

Oh, and to confirm since I actually never ran into anyone else dealing with it till today and I was always too afraid to risk screwing it up in an actual game and wasting a move, but buffing a silenced minion apparently works fine, yeah?
yep they can be rebuffed and re-silenced. they're just plain tokens with whatever base damage/health is innate to the card.

Wow, played a freeze mage who did 27 dmg in one turn with nothing on the board prior to that turn. Apprentice, Apprentice, Kobold, Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Ice Lance, Fireball, Fireball. Required basically the perfect hand but damn was that an annoying turn 10.

Yeah, that's been around a while. I survived a Mage's Alextrasza and then started piling up armor but still took 32 face damage on turn 10, I had exactly 32 health at the time. I was kind of pissed.

yeah that deck is frustrating to play against when it draws well. just gotta rush it down while trying to deny as much card draw as possible.

edit: now imagine how much fun it was when pyroblast was 8 mana.

Aylinato

Yeah, that's been around a while. I survived a Mage's Alextrasza and then started piling up armor but still took 32 face damage on turn 10, I had exactly 32 health at the time. I was kind of pissed.

My miracle rogue can deal like 32 damage in a turn with one unit if the dream happens lol

Boogiepop

yep they can be rebuffed and re-silenced. they're just plain tokens with whatever base damage/health is innate to the card.

Definitely nice to know, thanks.

Also, in terms of something that kind of annoys me (definitely not saying it's wrong or unfair or anything): always hate when I'm playing Paladin that the hero power doesn't trigger the Mage secret that duplicates a minion. I want it to work so bad, but it just doesn't! Guessing it's down to a difference in summon/play or something? Because it does trigger Knife Juggler at least IIRC.

it's such a chore to get enough dust to craft a legendary if you're not paying for packs

yep yep. that's why so many people play zoo when they start out since it only needs a few rares.

also do people actually enjoy arena? after i got enough cards to be competitive at constructed i completely stopped playing it.

Emarv

I go back and forth on Arena. Sometimes I hate it, sometimes I'm cool with how easy it is to get gold from a good run.

I still think there's too much RNG in the way it's handled, but it's whatever. This game needs more mode options.

jblank83

I think it'd be good idea to always have a weak mininon in hand vs mage

Yeah, well, nothing is weaker than a 1/1 with no battlecry or deathrattle, nor will I include a terrible 1 drop in my deck on the off chance I play a mage with Replication. Of course I take a good selection of 2 and 3 drops, and depending on what I'm running, sometimes a couple of 1s. Still, Paladin effect triggering certain secrets would be a huge boon, not just against mage. Imagine if it triggered Snipe.

What I'm saying is I'd love for that to happen as I lean towards Paladin, however it would probably be seen as OP by Blizzard.

yep yep. that's why so many people play zoo when they start out since it only needs a few rares.

also do people actually enjoy arena? after i got enough cards to be competitive at constructed i completely stopped playing it.

I have to grind through it just to get dust. Fucking sucks.

jblank83

Secrets mages are fucking cancer. Come back, hunters, please. Or give us a neutral secret destroyer.

Replication is very strong. You're going to see a lot of it.

Yes, I agree. Secrets are unbalanced. Hunter is the only class that can combat them right now. Other classes need options as well, even if it's a junk neutral. Either that or every class needs a healthy set of secrets, and that doesn't mean a bunch of worthless garbage like Paladin has.

My miracle rogue can deal like 32 damage in a turn with one unit if the dream happens lol

Malygos? I just got wrecked by a Malygos Rogue earlier. All I wanted to do was get my two 60 gold Mage quests done, and this jerk starts destroying me with 9 damage Eviscerates and 8 damage Sinister Strikes from a stealthed dragon.

I only play Constructed to complete quests. I've gotten to rank 5 in a few seasons just for fun, but I strongly prefer Arena. My favorite part is the deck drafting.

It's frustrating if you're trying to get rewards and aren't already very experienced, because even with all the complaints about netdecking on constructed, trying to win in Arena tends to be a more reptitive experience imo.

That said, if you just want to have some fun games you never know what clowny stuff you or the other guy will draft and it can be quite entertaining. If you want to win and draft decks with like 5 yetis and 4 spectral knights then it can get boring real quick.

Zombie Chow always seem like a net loss; what's the upside on it? 5 health back to your opponent is horrible.

If you drop it turn one they have 30 health anyway, so if it dies they were probably on 30 or 28 health anyway (you can't be healed above 30) and you gained a whole bunch of tempo from the favorable exchanges you get from a 2/3 one drop.

Plus it works well with the practically broken Undertaker. Ridiculous tempo from that pair.

zoukka

I stopped playing constructed after getting legend. Why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom