• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

God they really need to do something about the bots already, ~50% of my last games have been vs bots. The worst are the ones that intentionally do not play until the end of their turns.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm still convinced that the majority of these "bots" that people claim to play against are just humans... Not everyone concedes immediately when all hope is lost nor does everyone play immediately, especially if they are afk or multitasking in the early turns.

Boogiepop

Ugh. If there's one tiny little thing about this game that I hate, it's that the coin combos and all that. Really wish it was just a mechanic rather than a card, but maybe that's just me.

If you have two sylvannas and your opponent kills one of them with his own sylvannas for some retarded fucking reason he gets your remaining one and you get nothing.

Knowing the deathrattle priorities is really important anyway. The sooner you learn it, the better. It sounds like your opponent knew what he was doing.

Deathrattles occur in the order of played first, when triggered simultaneously.

So because his sylvanas hit the board later than your sylvanas, your deathrattle triggered first while there was nothing and his triggered second while you had 1 minion to steal.

This actually adds a whole extra layer of strategy and is one of the reasons naxxramas has made the game better. You have to think about the order you play minions and the order your opponent might play his. So sylvanas is a good response to cairne because cairne will always spawn baine to be stolen if they happen to kill each other off.

I'm still convinced that the majority of these "bots" that people claim to play against are just humans... Not everyone concedes immediately when all hope is lost nor does everyone play immediately, especially if they are afk or multitasking in the early turns.

No, it's easy to recognize a bot when you come across it. Their hero power goes off without ever seeing their cursor light it up, their cards never hover or indicate that they're being looked at, and there's a consistent pause before and after every play, even when multiple cards are played on the same turn. These signs coupled with golden heroes are pretty much a dead give away of a bot.

Minsc

Gold Member
I'm auto conceding every priest match. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Took me 90 minutes (checked the time) yesterday to get through the win 2 games as Priest quest. It was only 4 games played too, not like some crazy losing streak of 10+ games.

I think the worst thing about it is priests never seem to concede even when the match is clearly lost. I stopped playing paladin because, despite having a high win%, the matches lasted forever... double vs priest.

I still haven't beaten heroic Kel'thuzad and Sapphiron.
(although I took a Hearthstone break last month)

I can't seem to find a perfect deck online for them.
Seems like i'm always missing that 1-2 legendary or epic. (Leeroy for example)

Magnus

I have 4 Mind Controls in this Priest Arena deck.

lol

If I survive to Turn 10, it's such pandemonium. My opponents must be like, what the fuck.

Cipherr

You guys know you love us priests. The light shall burn you...... eventually..... in 20 minutes or so.
KuGsj.gif

Edit: I want that pumpkin card back. I may actually play ranked for that. The fucking thought of it makes my stomach churn though.

Mirimar

I have 4 Mind Controls in this Priest Arena deck.

lol

If I survive to Turn 10, it's such pandemonium. My opponents must be like, what the fuck.

High chance of you just having multiples of it in your hand as dead cards while your opponent builds up board presence in the interim to turn 10.

You guys know you love us priests. The light shall burn you...... eventually..... in 20 minutes or so.
KuGsj.gif

Edit: I want that pumpkin card back. I may actually play ranked for that. The fucking thought of it makes my stomach churn though.

Getting to rank 20 is easy though. You can't even lose stars.

Magnus

High chance of you just having multiples of it in your hand as dead cards while your opponent builds up board presence in the interim to turn 10.

The deck is just full of so many other riches. Soulpriests, Circles of Healing, Shadowform. They can't get any footing with me nuking the board. By Turn 10, I've been in control. It's been hilarious.

That said, one aggro heavy dude got lucky, and had me down to 2 health by turn 6. He was at 30. I managed to hold on though in this crazy game of attrition, and just won. Dude was probably flabbergasted.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
No, it's easy to recognize a bot when you come across it. Their hero power goes off without ever seeing their cursor light it up, their cards never hover or indicate that they're being looked at, and there's a consistent pause before and after every play, even when multiple cards are played on the same turn. These signs coupled with golden heroes are pretty much a dead give away of a bot.

Yeah but are you actually running into these guys with all of these giveaways on a consistent basis?

I probably see one in 50 matches with all of the signs you described.

jblank83

Took me 90 minutes (checked the time) yesterday to get through the win 2 games as Priest quest. It was only 4 games played too, not like some crazy losing streak of 10+ games.

"Ain't nobody got time for that" indeed. The first time it took me 25+ minutes to play a control Priest I literally said "fuck this". I complained about it some posts back.

It's just too slow for a normal game of Hearthstone. Getting rushed down is frustrating, but at least it's over in 5 minutes.

Cipherr

Getting to rank 20 is easy though. You can't even lose stars.

Doesn't matter. I hates it
56cFgIu.png

Game needs a worthwhile PvE mode to also attach these backs to.

Yeah but are you actually running into these guys with all of these giveaways on a consistent basis?

I probably see one in 50 matches with all of the signs you described.

Play late at night in whatever region you play in. Thats when people have them running. Midnight and later while they sleep. Its super common then.

Special C

God they really need to do something about the bots already, ~50% of my last games have been vs bots. The worst are the ones that intentionally do not play until the end of their turns.

Doesn't seem to make sense. If the point of the bot is to complete as many matches as possible, why would it wait until the end of every turn?

Special C

Ugh. If there's one tiny little thing about this game that I hate, it's that the coin combos and all that. Really wish it was just a mechanic rather than a card, but maybe that's just me.

Also triggers Gadgetzan and Mana Wyrm

Edit: Sorry for that double post. 2 min apart. No excuse for that.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Doesn't seem to make sense. If the point of the bot is to complete as many matches as possible, why would it wai tuntil the end of every turn?
Maybe there's a troll option for people that just want to wake up in the morning knowing they've made a lot of people really angry

I did something similar as a ratbro in dark souls 2 once

Rosenskjold

you have too many single cards for something that isn't a control deck. and really the best way to build a mage right now is with mad scientist and secrets so you should really try to at least get the relevant naxx wings.

but right now you definitely want to go with an aggressive mage deck. it's pretty good against the other decks you're facing. i threw this one together with budget in mind though it definitely needs play testing.

http://i.imgur.com/RYfdLfO.png?1

basically you just want to get an early start and then finish with kobold fireball, fireball or kobold frostbolt, ice lance, ice lance. if you happen to have thalnos he should replace the kobold.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, can't wait to give this one a go :D

Ran 3 Arenas today. Went 7-3 with a Mage deck I thought was pretty average, 10-3 with a Shaman deck that was deadly if it could get to turn 6-8 in decent shape and 4-3 with a flat out bad Mage deck (literally no 4-drops, the only one I turned down being Ancient Brewmaster, no minions costing more than 5 mana either, and few good 2 drops). Lot of close games in both the Mage runs, while the Shaman games were largely stomps one way or another - though I did play the same Mage twice in games 11 and 12 and both games were excellent, with each of us winning once.

Star of the day is Venture Co. Mercenary. He did work, winning multiple games more or less on his own. Love dropping him on turn 5 and seeing what my opponent can do in response, just got to be careful for Aldor Peacekeepers from Paladins and freeze spam from Mages.

Honourable mentions would be Faceless Manipulator and Windspeaker. Especially fun play was responding to a guy's Ysera with Faceless -> Polymorph. Immediate concession. Windspeaker simply ends games if you can get a Sea Giant, Venture Co. etc on turn with no taunts up, especially combined with Flametongue or Abusive Sergeant. Opponent perceives no danger then suddenly takes 20 damage and is in panic mode.

iNvid02

so does anyone know whats next for hearthstone? i chewed through naxxramas very quickly.

even arena is starting to feel a bit dry now, dont feel like climbing the ladder either since there are no rewards aside from the card back at 20.

daemissary

Agree with what everyone is sayin here. Now that the new car smell has worn off from the post Naxx meta...I'm kinda getting bored with the game. I think that it will be fine for awhile but eventually I do think they need to add some type of additional rewards for climbing ladder. How crazy is it that there is no real incentive to hit legend more than once for the card back?

ViviOggi

Yeah, the ladder system should have been expanded months ago. 25 to 5 is completely meaningless (except for the monthly card back at 20 which anyone can reach due to no deranking), then you hit the grind through a flood of fotm decks and then the season ends putting you back at around 15. Small incentives along the road like Minsc suggested would already go a long way.

I do like the current meta but can't justify grinding back to Legend to get some decent matches when I could just play Dota instead.

Cipherr

Yeah, the ladder system should have been expanded months ago. 25 to 5 is completely meaningless (except for the monthly card back at 20 which anyone can reach due to no deranking), then you hit the grind through a flood of fotm decks and then the season ends putting you back at around 15. Small incentives like Minsc suggested would already go a long way.

I do like the current meta but can't justify grinding back to Legend to get some decent matches when I could just play Dota instead.

They need to like... quintuple the size of the team or something and get some damn content into the game at faster intervals. It has to be a success by this point, give it some more damn resources.

Game is super dry and its only a month after Naxx..... I suppose it doesn't help that none of the content they added for Naxx has any replay value whatsoever. So once the meta settles after a month or so, theres just nothing...

ViviOggi

They need to like... quintuple the size of the team or something and get some damn content into the game at faster intervals. It has to be a success by this point, give it some more damn resources.

Game is super dry and its only a month after Naxx..... I suppose it doesn't help that none of the content they added for Naxx has any replay value whatsoever. So once the meta settles after a month or so, theres just nothing...
I mean I can see why coming up with balanced cards is a demanding task, even if Blizz has the advantage of retroactive balancing unlike physical CCGs, but at 20 million players (!!!) the client alone is so ridiculously barebones it's not even funny. Qol features like more deck slots and basic functionality such as stat tracking, replays and spectator mode? itsfuckingnothing.bmp and that in a game raking in tens of thousands of viewers daily for its competitive events. They've said spectator mode was coming months ago but how hard can it really be with enough resources dedicated to the project? Startup Riot with their shitty Adobe Air client implemented features faster back in the day than the seasoned folk at Blizzard.

Emarv

I'm continuously bored of the game, but I keep coming back. It's virtual crack.

Feels like forever since my last legendary, but I just pulled and Alexstrasza. Okay, Blizzard, I'll play for another 6 months. You got me.

For me, ranked play is too time consuming to even get anywhere near Legend.
I wish they'd reduce total stars for each rank.

I'm eagerly awaiting coop play though.
2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4 and maybe 3vsAI, like in Magic.

I only played a few games per week this season. I made it to rank 12, which is really low. The upside is, I had a 100% win rating all season. Didn't lose a single match.

There are SO MANY OF THEM on the ladder right now, it's disgusting. My winrate is suffering so hard cause I just don't have the time to dick around for 20 minutes per game.

Kunohara

Wow, I just got the naxx board while playing a ranked game. Don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not. Really glad they added that in. In the same game I was playing against a druid murloc bot, beat him easily with my shaman. Could not deal with my taunts, heh.

gutshot

Wow, I just got the naxx board while playing a ranked game. Don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not. Really glad they added that in. In the same game I was playing against a druid murloc bot, beat him easily with my shaman. Could not deal with my taunts, heh.

Yup, just got it playing in Arena. New boards and new card backs on the same day? Blizzard, you spoil us.

johnsmith

remember me
As soon as I get what I think is a really good arena deck, and get 5 wins without losing, I start getting wrecked. Every god damn time.

CoolOff

I'm fucking dying at the Kripp + Amaz banter pre-game in China.

Kungen apparently got Darkwonyx superdrunk at a club called BabyFace. Cue chat exploding with BabyRage.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Yeah, the ladder system should have been expanded months ago. 25 to 5 is completely meaningless (except for the monthly card back at 20 which anyone can reach due to no deranking), then you hit the grind through a flood of fotm decks and then the season ends putting you back at around 15. Small incentives along the road like Minsc suggested would already go a long way.

Yeah, I don't really play enough in a month to grind to Legend so these days I mainly just do daily quests for some gold and some arena for cards. I have a majority of the cards so opening packs is pretty uneventful. If it wasn't for the easy gold from dailies I probably would have forgotten about this game a while ago. I like the idea of little prizes on the way up the ladder. I don't really do constructed much anymore save for quest fulfillment and that would at least give some reason to play it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom