• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This can't be right... Trump, seriously?

ShinNL

What's wrong with you guys? 20 minutes for a game isn't long. What are you all, face rushers? Force roar abusers? I play mostly control so none of my matches end fast. It only gets frustrating when the enemy takes ages to do a 2 mana turn, only for him to realize that he's in for the long haul. Heck, 80% of my wins are from concedes because they can't bother trying to take the board back. Rarely do I get to hit for lethal with a bunch of big guys.

Mad Scientist really is the most obnoxious card in the game. I guess it's good that Blizzard made secret-focused decks viable (arcanist and secret keeper weren't particularly good synergy cards), but damn if it isn't annoying.

Zemm

Kripps interviews are great. No trying to be the nice guy, if you played dumb he'll tell you, if he doesn't agree he'll tell you.

Squelch salt haha

ViviOggi

reynard
emoticon-22639-src-94b8bc8feebf46d1-28x28.png

Zemm

Yeah I actually prefer reynad to ekop, who always comes across so badly. Still, the crying he does afterwards with kripp is funny. Such a little baby.

zoukka

So many bad plays in that series.

Play UTH for 2 with Cult Master. Draw one card and go to face with one hound when opponent is over 20 life...

Bronze league is too good for these fools.

Referring to OGN Blizzcon Korean qualifiers.

Emarv

I'm surprised Flare is still the only Secret removal in the game so far. I bet the next expansion deals with it at least partially.

GeoGonzo

We just need this
1tBHpa4.png
That's pretty good! :D

I wonder how it would actually work, though: let's keep in mind that counterspell DOES block flare, since it is triggered by the spell and resolves earlier... by the same rules, would Haris Pilton do anything against secrets triggered by playing a card, like Snipe or Mirror Entity?

That's pretty good! :D

I wonder how it would actually work, though: let's keep in mind that counterspell DOES block flare, since it is triggered by the spell and resolves earlier... by the same rules, would Haris Pilton do anything against secrets triggered by playing a card, like Snipe or Mirror Entity?

Battlecry minions still get their battlecry off before Snipe kills/damages them and Mirror Entity copies what a Faceless Manipulator becomes rather than just the vanilla Faceless Manipulator, so I think she would destroy both of those secrets before they triggered.

GeoGonzo

Battlecry minions still get their battlecry off before Snipe kills/damages them and Mirror Entity copies what a Faceless Manipulator becomes rather than just the vanilla Faceless Manipulator, so I think she would destroy both of those secrets before they triggered.

Huh, you're right. I guess it'd work every time then.

You can think about it like this, a spell has to be cast before it takes effect. Battlecries come right into effect when the card is played, then the body is summoned to the board.

Edit: I wonder if they'll ever change Hunter secrets to only trigger once per action. I guess it's only Freezing Trap that gets in the way though. I haven't seen a Misdirect with a Snake Trap though.

I also don't know what would happen with a Spellbender and Counter Spell combo either.

Mirimar

You can think about it like this, a spell has to be cast before it takes effect. Battlecries come right into effect when the card is played, then the body is summoned to the board.

Edit: I wonder if they'll ever change Hunter secrets to only trigger once per action. I guess it's only Freezing Trap that gets in the way though. I haven't seen a Misdirect with a Snake Trap though.

I also don't know what would happen with a Spellbender and Counter Spell combo either.

Misdirect and snake trap wouldn't interfere with the other. Snake trap requires you attack a minion while Misdirect is hero related.

Haunted

WCA is amazing because it shows off decks that we'd never get to see in an EU/NA tournament. Some of the decks that are considered bad in the current EU/NA meta are totally viable in this tournament because CN's is so different.

Chinese Freeze Mages winning against Handlocks, Forsen getting owned by a completely run-of-the-mill Zoo deck twice (including a turn 4(!) defeat because he mulligan'd for a Handlock).

Hilarious.

WCA is amazing because it shows off decks that we'd never get to see in an EU/NA tournament. Some of the decks that are considered bad in the current EU/NA meta are totally viable in this tournament because CN's is so different.

Chinese Freeze Mages winning against Handlocks, Forsen getting owned by a completely run-of-the-mill Zoo deck twice (including a turn 4(!) defeat because he mulligan'd for a Handlock).

Hilarious.

Freeze mage should dominate handlock. They just have too much burn and handlock cannot function as per normal because life is so valuable when your opponent can easily stall then 15-0 you.

zoukka

Hilarious.

Best part is the fact that the players are noobs and the plays terrible and the casters trying to cover up for them lol.

What's wrong with you guys? 20 minutes for a game isn't long. What are you all, face rushers? Force roar abusers? I play mostly control so none of my matches end fast. It only gets frustrating when the enemy takes ages to do a 2 mana turn, only for him to realize that he's in for the long haul. Heck, 80% of my wins are from concedes because they can't bother trying to take the board back. Rarely do I get to hit for lethal with a bunch of big guys.

That's all fine but I don't have 8 hours a day to play the game. If grinding rank wasn't such an awful chore every month it would make sense to want to play control matchups. Being fairly compensated for my time spent would make me lose all frustration that I feel when I see priest after priest after warrior after warrior. The meta is healthy right now but the system for participating in it is broken.

Special C

What are the pros and cons of Hearthstone Tracker vs Hearthstats? Also are there any good (legal) tools to up my game? Like something that tracks played cards for both players?

Cipherr

That's all fine but I don't have 8 hours a day to play the game. If grinding rank wasn't such an awful chore every month it would make sense to want to play control matchups. Being fairly compensated for my time spent would make me lose all frustration that I feel when I see priest after priest after warrior after warrior. The meta is healthy right now but the system for participating in it is broken.

The problem in that scenario isn't the control game though, it's the shitty ladder. They need a better end game for this than just running that gauntlet every month. Its ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom