• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
God I hate hunters in arena. Even if I win it's always just barely because of their hero power. And if they draft any kind of removal or traps, you're fucked because their hero power will just kill you.

The problem in that scenario isn't the control game though, it's the shitty ladder. They need a better end game for this than just running that gauntlet every month. Its ridiculous.

That's exactly what I'm saying... the ladder experience is garbage right now even though the meta is good.

i've been facing a million zoo decks so i whipped this old gem out:

202heat.png

as you can see no need for loatheb or sludge belcher. the only modification from the old deck are the mad scientists.

Prodigal

Banned
You shoulda seen the salt flowing from Reynad just now when he was talking to Kripp. Probably the saltiest I've ever seen him. Talking about how he probably doesn't want to enter any more tournaments and is thinking about renting a scooter while he's in China and just driving off!

zoukka

You shoulda seen the salt flowing from Reynad just now when he was talking to Kripp. Probably the saltiest I've ever seen him. Talking about how he probably doesn't want to enter any more tournaments and is thinking about renting a scooter while he's in China and just driving off!

Well he's right. BO3 in this game is stupid as fuck.

Zemm

He knew the format before going, crying about it after losing is just bitterness. We all know he'll turn up to other tournaments as well, and complain again when he loses.

Prodigal

Banned
Well he's right. BO3 in this game is stupid as fuck.

No, I completely agree. But once you see the VOD you'll see what I mean. He actually legitimately talked shit about Kungen and RDU, couple more peeps I think as well. I know Kungen's not the greatest player, but you don't sit in on a live tournament stream and just start throwin' stones. There are sore losers, and then there's Reynad.

Zemm

He's always talked shit about rdu since 'hi mom'. The best was rdu 3-0 him a couple of weeks after reynad went crazy on his stream calling him out. Whoops.

Zafir

He knew the format before going, crying about it after losing is just bitterness. We all know he'll turn up to other tournaments as well, and complain again when he loses.
Well, actually weren't they saying it got changed to random pick from the ban system without much notice?

Random pick combined with Bo3 system just causes the games to be a bit of a coin flip really.

That said, despite Reynad being a good player and having some truth to his complaining, I don't agree with how he's spoke about some other players in the interviews.

Playing against control warrior with Priest feels so dirty.

All your cards are my cards, your board is my board, and thanks for having so many legendaries in your deck so I can steal them from your deck before you get to play them and then also steal them from your board when you do, so I can play two copies of a legendary I don't even have in my deck LOL.

I also drew like 4 cards with a pyromancer + shadow madness + power word combo on the warrior's acolyte.

Kangi

Constant misplays from the handlock players on stream.

Just put up your taunts, you numpties. Don't play risky when you're at lethal range.

Zemm

Dunno if rdu really cheated or not, but the guy is fucking good at winning tournaments.

Was almost certain he didn't at the time and even more certain now he's proven himself at other tournaments, he's just a really good player. Better than Reynad at least.

Zemm

If anything it was blizzards fault not RDU's. One of his friends told him the card of his opponent hand via in-game chat.

Not quite, that would have been blatant. One of his friends said 'hi mom' in a message because it was on stream and others thought it was some sort of code to tell him his opponent had a certain card iirc. Most thought he didn't cheat but Reynad went crazy on his stream challenging him to a $10k money match because he was 100 percent sure he cheated. Rdu turned it down, then beat him 3-0 a few weeks later in a tournament.

Xanathus

Not quite, that would have been blatant. One of his friends said 'hi mom' in a message because it was on stream and others thought it was some sort of code to tell him his opponent had a certain card iirc. Most thought he didn't cheat but Reynad went crazy on his stream challenging him to a $10k money match because he was 100 percent sure he cheated. Rdu turned it down, then beat him 3-0 a few weeks later in a tournament.

No, one friend told him directly that Amaz had Hunters Mark and Eaglehorn Bow. Hi Mom was a separate thing earlier in the tourney. That's why people harp on him because it was 2 incidents in the same tourney from 3 different people.

Zemm

Oh really? I've never heard of the hunters mark one before, all the drama seemed to come from the hi mom one.

Oh really? I've never heard of the hunters mark one before, all the drama seemed to come from the hi mom one.

it was the easiest one to turn into a meme on reddit. the other one was in whatever RDU's native language is so most people didn't learn about it until someone translated the message.

regarding the WCA tourney the format is pathetic. it benefits the chinese players greatly because they have weird decks so the randomness will force less than optimal plays from people who run better cards. you don't want to introduce more randomness into a card game, you want to reduce it so that player skill can shine through. I understand there are time constraints but that's why you set up many multiple stations instead of just two.

Xanathus

I don't know which casting combo I like more, Kripp + Amaz or Kripp + Reynad. Kripp + Reynad is like salt & pepper and they go so well together.

Only thing I know about Shadow Form is that you can heal, use the card, and the deal damage if you have the mana. Not sure if it still works like that. Would also be interesting to see if you can Shadow Form > deal 2 damage > Shadow Form > deal 3 in the same turn. Probably not worth it though, ten mana for five damage.

In somewhat related note, while watching Day9, he was frozen by Water Elemental, he used Jarraxus, and then was unfrozen and could attack. So I guess it works around an idea switching one thing out for another. (Hero power / Actual hero )

Don't think I've seen this before. Match started, I picked my cards, and then waited for my opponent.

Then we both exploded. Counted at a tie. Just kind of weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom