• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
He made a bunch of misplays in the Druid game before that but yeah, his Priest play was solid. Probably nerves and lack of experience with the class because those plays were pretty simple and Druid in general is pure babby mode.

Why did he burn a swipe on that Doomsayer instead of just Silencing it? That play made no sense to me. Freeze mage doesn't really have anything that can buff a 0 attack minion?

Xanathus

Why did he burn a swipe on that Doomsayer instead of just Silencing it? That play made no sense to me. Freeze mage doesn't really have anything that can buff a 0 attack minion?

I didn't watch that game but Hyped is known for having a mage deck that runs Twilight Drakes.

ViviOggi

Yup, by far his most crucial mistake as it resulted in him not having an answer to Alexstrasza.
I didn't watch that game but Hyped is known for having a mage deck that runs Twilight Drakes.
I could see that had Stunner not

a) thrown away his other Keeper one or two turns earlier when he bombed - not silenced - Hyped's cycling Thalnos just to prevent his Yeti from taking a single point of damage, which was extremely unlikely to matter as Flamestrike was still turns away, leaving Hyped with plenty of time to ping it down to 4...
and b) still used the Keeper to clear the Doomsayer. What he did was, instead of simply silencing the Doomsayer, he silenced his frozen Yeti and used its attack plus Swipe to kill the Doomsayer. He literally wasted a Swipe to remove a worthless 0/7 body.

Thinking about it he really was most likely expecting the Giants/Drake Mage and afraid of the Doomsayer getting taunted up later on, but even then it's pretty damn careless to burn your removal that early when you have enough power on the board to punch through the taunt anyway.

sgjackson

So I just played a bunch of HS this weekend after not really playing much other than a week in the beta. I DE'd some stuff and put together a Zoolock list (without any Naxx cards outside of the first wing) and I'm up to about Rank 13 now.

Does anyone have any suggestions for streams/videos where I can learn to play the deck better?

johnsmith

remember me
So I just played a bunch of HS this weekend after not really playing much other than a week in the beta. I DE'd some stuff and put together a Zoolock list (without any Naxx cards outside of the first wing) and I'm up to about Rank 13 now.

Does anyone have any suggestions for streams/videos where I can learn to play the deck better?

Here's kolento streaming some zoo at legend rank.
http://www.twitch.tv/kolento/b/567200903?t=3h28m50s

Zemm

Was it Frequency complaining about nicknames in tournaments? I think with someone using the nick "Deathstar v3.0" in the blizzcon tournament I finally agree.

oh! they put some bookshelves up on the stage so the players can't see the big screen. that's way better than having a couple of big dudes stand in the way.

jblank83

Kel'Thuzad is THE WORST. What a lame card.

Throw Kel'Thuzad down on a board when you have 4 or 5 minions, then smash them all into your opponent's minions carelessly. End turn. Boom. All your minions again. If you have taunt, it's even nastier.

It doesn't always work out that way, but when it does it's amusing.

Anyway, most of the Naxx cards are nasty.

Zemm

why do new players even play this game? I can't think of anything more awful. Even rank 20's have all the legendaries they need.

why do new players even play this game? I can't think of anything more awful. Even rank 20's have all the legendaries they need.

that was more or less the case when i started playing halfway through the beta. you just grind arena, do quests(usually in casual) and do the best with what you have.

sgjackson

this is totally anecdotal but i seem to be doing okay just dusting my first handful of arena runs worth of bad pulls to make zoo

this is totally anecdotal but i seem to be doing okay just dusting my first handful of arena runs worth of bad pulls to make zoo

yeah. that's what most people do. there are a few viable budget decks that don't require epics or legendaries.

it's not like CCGs are a new concept and most people don't know what they're getting into when they decide to play.

Zemm

Because you don't require legendary cards to succeed in this game.

no shit. It's still going to be an exercise in frustration as a new player though at this point.

it's not like CCGs are a new concept and most people don't know what they're getting into when they decide to play.

Dunno, I think for the majority of people this will be their first CCG, just because it's made by Blizzard is enough to get people trying it out, especially since it's free.

no shit. It's still going to be an exercise in frustration as a new player though.

that's any competitive game. why do new people keep playing dota2 or lol? multiplayer games are very compelling and people will push through the learning curve if they enjoy the core of the game. and it's not like there aren't resources out there for new players.

Zemm

that's any competitive game. why do new people keep playing dota2 or lol? multiplayer games are very compelling and people will push through the learning curve if they enjoy the core of the game. and it's not like there aren't resources out there for new players.

Well I only played Dota 2 for like 30 hours and I was terrible at it obviously since it was my first whatever the hell that genre is, but atleast there I had everything available to me from the start and never felt it was anything other than my own incompetence letting me down which gives me the drive to carry on.

I know CCG's are different. I was just musing really, I started the game up for the first time in like 3 weeks today and it put me at rank 20 and I was running into people with the full handlock sets, or the full control warrior sets, so like the most expensive decks you can make. I have all the cards I want right now including the legendaries so I'm not even complaining about it from that point of view (I'm not even complaining, more wondering). It just looks like it would be really shit to start the game now, you're either getting beat by cards you can't have, or facing the paywall of arena. You can do well with basic + naxx cards but not if you're still learning the game like they will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom