• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
1000 dust?

Uh, how exactly do you get that number?

Well a 150g run that yields (when you get ~7 wins per run, mixed with the occasional 12 win and bad 3-5 win): 1 pack + 150g + 40 dust.
(150 from prior run) Free arena: 1 pack + 250g + 60 dust.
(150 from prior run) Free arena: 1 pack + 50g + 20 dust.
(150 from prior 2 runs) Free arena: 1 pack + 150g + 90 dust
(150 from prior run) Free arena: 1 pack + 380g
(150 from prior run) Free arena: 1 pack + 150g + 40 dust

And you're still up 380g at this point, and you also have 6 packs worth of dust and 250 dust from prizes.

You could very easily continue on to earning 1000+ dust off your initial investment of 150g.

Zemm

Me too. Half the commentators are idiots though. Are they all suppose to be pros?

They're just players talking about the match basically. I like it (depending on who is talking - this group is pretty good), it's a bit different to something like Artosis and Savjz which is more for the bigger tournaments.

ViviOggi

So based

chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png
//

Slashlen

Well a 150g run that yields (when you get ~7 wins per run, mixed with the occasional 12 win and bad 3-5 win): 1 pack + 150g + 40 dust.
(150 from prior run) Free arena: 1 pack + 250g + 60 dust.
(150 from prior run) Free arena: 1 pack + 50g + 20 dust.
(150 from prior 2 runs) Free arena: 1 pack + 150g + 90 dust
(150 from prior run) Free arena: 1 pack + 380g
(150 from prior run) Free arena: 1 pack + 150g + 40 dust

And you're still up 380g at this point, and you also have 6 packs worth of dust and 250 dust from prizes.

You could very easily continue on to earning 1000+ dust off your initial investment of 150g.

If you're assuming a win rate great enough to play an infinite amount of arena you might as well say 150g gets you infinite dust from arena.

ViviOggi

★ ° ☾ ☆ ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  . * ● ¸ . ...somewhere   ° ☾ °  ¸. ●
.in a parallel universe* ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★ ★
° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ ..Reynad...° ☾ ★ °●
¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * ...is wearing a normal jacket...° ☾ ☆
¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...

CoolOff

★ ° ☾ ☆ ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  . * ● ¸ . ...somewhere   ° ☾ °  ¸. ●
.in a parallel universe* ● ¸     ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★ ★
° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ ..Reynad...° ☾ ★ °●
¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * ...is wearing a normal jacket...° ☾ ☆
¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ . ...

dead2.gif

johnsmith

remember me
Just played the most bullshit mage in arena. Had at least 6 secrets, ragnaros, mad scientists up the ass, and sea giants. And of course plenty of fireballs and polymorphs.

"This guy's deck is CRAZY!” ☑ “My deck can't win against a deck like that” ☑ "He NEEDED precisely those two cards to win" ☑ “He topdecked the only card that could beat me” ☑ "He had the perfect cards" ☑ “There was nothing I could do” ☑ “I played that perfectly"

jblank83

Just played the most bullshit mage in arena. Had at least 6 secrets, ragnaros, mad scientists up the ass, and sea giants. And of course plenty of fireballs and polym"orphs.

"This guy's deck is CRAZY!” ☑ “My deck can't win against a deck like that” ☑ "He NEEDED precisely those two cards to win" ☑ “He topdecked the only card that could beat me” ☑ "He had the perfect cards" ☑ “There was nothing I could do” ☑ “I played that perfectly"

Welcome to Hearthstone

caesar

Banned
Hearthstone new season impressions:

I finally have a control warrior

Arena is garbage (obv)

Zoo is powerful and very skill based

Cardbacks are garbage except default and legend

Shaman bots are garbage

Kolento gawd

Stand back foul moderino

Innervate is garbage

Nerfing Hunter hasn't changed the class one bit, its just the same shit with worse cards

New meta isn't control meta its bot meta

Ty blizzard

ViviOggi

Started playing some constructed again after only using it for a handful of quests this season and the amount of zookeepers who are completely oblivious to how Ice Block works I'm facing at rank 13 are killing me

Have they said anything at all about the new cards other than there will be 100 of them?

Don't think so.

inky

I see. I'm hoping for some that allow for at least a bit more oddball styles of decks, like more Shadowform synergies and more Pirates and the like.

johnsmith

remember me
Priests need more self healing. It's ridiculous we don't have a big cheap self heal like druids or paladins other than holy fire.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Priests need more self healing. It's ridiculous we don't have a big cheap self heal like druids or paladins other than holy fire.

Because Priests have Auchenai.

Imagine Auchenai + Holy Light.

So? Still less damage than fon+savage roar.

It would be way more damage per mana.

Even FON + SR only does 14 damage for 9 mana.

IIRC the druid heal would do 8 damage for 3 mana.

The paladin heal is 6 health for 2 mana.

That is like 1.5 damage per mana vs an unblockable 2.5 damage per mana for healing touch and 3.0 damage per mana for holy light.

Priest doesn't need big self heals because of hero power. Being able to hero power and use efficient healing spells would make them unkillable and make wombo combos the only way to ever take them down.

Because Priests have Auchenai.

Imagine Auchenai + Holy Light.

Auchenai will be as problematic for Priests as pre-nerf Buzzard was for Hunters in terms if future card design. That's my take anyway. Every single targetted heal card ever released going forward will need to be checked against Auchenai to make sure it won't result in some crazy combo.

P.S. I Thoughtstole a Healing Touch once with an Auchenai on the board. It felt soooo good.

Cipherr

Some guy on reddits 12 win deck:

4 Skillstrikes and 5 Fireballs. The 2 Polymorphs and Pyroblast are just there for shits and giggles I guess. The Alexstrasza though... cmon..

Alex Turn 9
Fireball+Fireball+Frostbolt Turn 10

And thats ASSUMING the opponent survives that long.

Auchenai will be as problematic for Priests as pre-nerf Buzzard was for Hunters in terms if future card design. That's my take anyway. Every single targetted heal card ever released going forward will need to be checked against Auchenai to make sure it won't result in some crazy combo.

P.S. I Thoughtstole a Healing Touch once with an Auchenai on the board. It felt soooo good.

I think because healing spells (and damage) is fairly formulaic they've already got that covered. And I think the worst case scenario is making a card that breaks that formula only target friendly characters making it impossible to hit an opponent's character.

Should hit 700 gold again tomorrow or the next day for the penultimate Naxx wing, which is super key. Can't play a lot of important decks at the moment without cards from that set. Frostwyrm Lair is whatever - I mean KT and Shade are good, in like Druid, but hardly necessary like Undertaker, Mad Scientist, etc.

Woulda been here sooner but I was out of town for a week and my graphics card had pooped out on my PC before that. I can play on my laptop barely, but the game runs like shit, much shittier than it probably should. Not sure if that's just on OS X or if it would run like crap on the Windows partition too.

Saving gold though is definitely a bit excruciating. Definitely feel the squeeze for other new cards, but the value you get from the Naxx stuff is just too good to pass up that I don't even want to risk doing arenas. Feel like I should've DEd my Leeroy when I had the chance for a Jaraxxus or Sylvanas perhaps, as those would strengthen my deck options considerably.

Zemm

He's been working his way through 4 wine bottles. I love that guy. One of my favorite streamers. He's hilarious. This was inspired from making fun of some guy doing wine reviews.

I died when I turned it on today and saw the wine bottles in the background. I knew it was only a matter of time before he tried it after watching all those videos.

Tacitus_

Well that was interesting. I managed to gobble 25 damage out of my ass vs a control priest. I only had a 2hp ghoul and a 4/3 frothing (used my axe on his face to get it buffed up to avoid him changing its mind) and he plopped down an Ysera.

Drop down a warsong commander, a 2nd ghoul, Leeroy and whirlwinded the board. Cue some 25+ damage thanks to a 17 damage berserker :D

Mixed2k

It can only steal targets with up to 2 attack, which are usually worthless.

1st - Almost all decks run cards with 2 attack or less, on top of my head i can only think of paladins not running them or maybe ramp druids. Even handlocks have defender of argus.

2nd - Even stealing the worst ones give you a nice advantage since it's a removal + play something on the board at the same time.

3rd - There are MANY MANY good cards you can steal and allow you to make some neat plays. Don't want to deal with a hunter trap? Steal their mad scientist that he dropped on turn 5. Or maybe steal that druids harvest golem or his hunted creeper. How about stealing a 2/3 taunted wolf from that shaman ? Better yet steal his flamethong totem and make some epic plays that will impress your girlfriend.

Not only you should keep that card, if you like priest you should craft another.
Only 400 dust at Blizzards store.
Refferal : Mixed2k

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Deathlord, Gurubashi Berserker, Webspinner, Loot Hoarder, Unstable Ghoul, Acolyte of Pain, Armorsmith.. not true at all.

Harvest Golem. Spirit Wolf. Flametongue Totem, Keeper of the Grove, Mad Scientist, Nerubian Egg, Sunfury Protector, Defender of Argus, Baron Rivendare, Gnomish Inventor, an Ooze from a Sludge Belcher.

Look, Cabal Shadow Priest is a Yeti that that guarantees you at least a 2-for-1 just on the Mind Control effect alone. You remove one of your enemy's minions and gain an extra one of your own for basically just 2 extra mana. That's huge. Cabal Shadow Priest is an amazing card. Control Warriors seriously have to think about when they play armorsmiths and acolyte of pains when facing priest because of it. The priest matchup is also ridiculous against shaman because of the card. It's amazing.

Cabal pretty much wins the Priest/Shaman matchup on its own. I hate that card so much - stop stealing my beautiful Flametongue and Mana Tide Totems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom