• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Should be 3 mana, same stats/text, but also procs when an opponent plays a deathrattle minion as well.

Might as well make it a 5 mana 3/2

In all seriousness, mana wyrm stats and +1 attack only from deathrattles would be all right.

Emarv

Nah it's fine at 1 mana cost as long as the health doesn't increase with each deathrattle. It should compared to Mana Wyrm/Lightwarden whose healths don't increase.

I think this is correct, but they definitely won't change it until the next major update, if at all. The problem with Undertaker is it's not flashy enough to warrant immediate change the way people cried out against Unleash or Leeroy.

What rank and server are you on and are you using stat tracking software? I've seen very few Priests in my past 15 or so games on around rank 10 EU.

Until someone finds a way to make Priest as consistent and simple to play as Hunter and Zoo it won't dominate the non-legend ladder, ever.

I'm in the US at rank 14, and I don't need a tracking software, if 6 out of 10 games is a priest I can say is 50%+.

I'm in the US at rank 14, and I don't need a tracking software, if 6 out of 10 games is a priest I can say is 50%+.

sure but that's a tiny, tiny sample size. i've played about 20 games today and it was maybe like 2-3 priests? a lot of zoo and hunter and mages, though. and one handlock. and a miracle rogue to end the session.

top decked force of nature for the win.
gMmXH77.gif

sure but that's a tiny, tiny sample size. i've played about 20 games today and it was maybe like 2-3 priests? a lot of zoo and hunter and mages, though. and one handlock. and a miracle rogue to end the session.

top decked force of nature for the win.
gMmXH77.gif

Yup, I've been playing now and it's a lot more varied, I guess there was something funny going on at noon.

Brofist

Been messing around with a Handlock style deck with Void Terror, Feugen and Stalagg. The Void Terror actually has good synergy in the deck, and leads to some interesting plays.

Been messing around with a Handlock style deck with Void Terror, Feugen and Stalagg. The Void Terror actually has good synergy in the deck, and leads to some interesting plays.

Sounds more like demon lock.

I like demonlock more than handlock. It can run voidcaller, voidterror, doomguard to great affect.

The best is having voidcaller call in a doomguard on turn 4 for free, then faceless manipulator on the doomguard. 2x5/7s on turn 5... yeouch.

Brofist

I like demonlock more than handlock. It can run voidcaller, voidterror, doomguard to great affect.

The best is having voidcaller call in a doomguard on turn 4 for free, then faceless manipulator on the doomguard. 2x5/7s on turn 5... yeouch.

Demonlock is fun too. I'm not running the other demons though, pretty much the usual drakes, giants etc...

Best is Void Caller + Sylvanis. Get an 8/8 + whatever the Syl steals. I've had a few auto concedes just from this combo.

ShinNL

Here's an interesting turn of events:

Turn 2:
Him - Egg
Me - Recruit

Turn 3:
Him - Tap
Me - Recruit

Turn 4:
Him - Voidcaller
Me - Mountain Giant

Turn 5:
Him - Power overwhelming on Egg, hit face, Void Terror. 7/9, 4/4, 3/15. During my thinking in my turn he emote 'greetings'.
Me - After some careful thinking... Blessing of Kings on Mountain Giant, hit face and Humility on Void Terror.

Situation is now:
Warlock (12hp) - 1/9, 4/4, 3/15
vs
Paladin (23hp) - 1/1, 1/1, 12/12

Turn 6:
Him - concede

Normally I don't use Blessing of Kings that way but it sure was funny that my board ended up being more amazing than a perfect demonlock opener :)

It helps that my deck pretty much mulligans the same for both Zoo and Handlock: Equality and Humility.

Here's an interesting turn of events:

Turn 2:
Him - Egg
Me - Recruit

Turn 3:
Him - Tap
Me - Recruit

Turn 4:
Him - Voidcaller
Me - Mountain Giant

Turn 5:
Him - Power overwhelming on Egg, hit face, Void Terror. 7/9, 4/4, 3/15. During my thinking in my turn he emote 'greetings'.
Me - After some careful thinking... Blessing of Kings on Mountain Giant, hit face and Humility on Void Terror.

Situation is now:
Warlock (12hp) - 1/9, 4/4, 3/15
vs
Paladin (23hp) - 1/1, 1/1, 12/12

Turn 6:
Him - concede

Normally I don't use Blessing of Kings that way but it sure was funny that my board ended up being more amazing than a perfect demonlock opener :)

It helps that my deck pretty much mulligans the same for both Zoo and Handlock: Equality and Humility.

Using void terror on both the egg and voidcaller sounds like a huge mistake.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Seems like there should be a word in German for when you craft a card and it appears in the very next deck you open. Redundattencarden or something.

Cipherr

How does he afford that? Ad revenue from their website can't be that great right?

You ever watched when he streams? People donate TONS of money to the guy just to see him read their (usually stupid/erotic) donation messages on stream. And I do mean tons.

Guy gets more donations than any of the streamers I have seen except MAYBE some of the big LoL streamers. That plus the money they make in subs from their website etc.

You ever watched when he streams? People donate TONS of money to the guy just to see him read their (usually stupid/erotic) donation messages on stream. And I do mean tons.

Guy gets more donations than any of the streamers I have seen except MAYBE some of the big LoL streamers. That plus the money they make in subs from their website etc.

Ah no actually I've never tuned in for very long to his streams. Checked them from time-to-time but never for long enough to notice how much he gets from donors.

Xanathus

The weird thing is that the other Tempostorm members probably make more money from streaming/tourney winnings than Reynad, except maybe Frodan depending on how much he's paid for tourney casting.

johnsmith

remember me
Streaming? No way. No other tempo storm member gets more viewers/donations than him. Out of all streamers only Trump and Amaz get more viewers regularly. Can't really think of anybody else that gets more viewers than Reynad besides those two. Tourney winnings definitely, Tides has been doing great there, even though the chinese government stole his money.

Xanathus

Streaming? No way. No other tempo storm member gets more viewers/donations than him. Out of all streamers only Trump and Amaz get more viewers regularly. Can't really think of anybody else that gets more viewers than Reynad besides those two. Tourney winnings definitely, Tides has been doing great there, even though the chinese government stole his money.

I think Forsen and Reckful get more than him, Reynad hardly streams anymore.

I'm trying to figure out what legendary to create next. I have the majority of the 'big ones'...

I'm looking at either Baron Geddon for my warrior deck or Jarraxus for handlock.

How essential is Baron for control warrior? I am also missing 1 shield slam.

I'm trying to figure out what legendary to create next. I have the majority of the 'big ones'...

I'm looking at either Baron Geddon for my warrior deck or Jarraxus for handlock.

How essential is Baron for control warrior? I am also missing 1 shield slam.

baron isn't that common anymore because of all the deathrattle minions and 7/5 is an underwhelming body. i'd say having 2 shield slams is way more important.

jarraxus is in almost every handlock deck. it's been almost essential for the control matchup since the leeroy nerf.

johnsmith

remember me
God I fucking hate the rng in this game. If my opponent plays MCT, it always takes the biggest one. I play it? The smallest. They play mad bomber? It snipes 3 of my 1 health guys. I play it? It takes out my 3 health guy. Guy plays both of them in the same turn, and I get the worst possible outcome on both.

The arena meta is the worst.

I need to stay away from it and start hoarding gold again.

ShinNL

Rather have that than a Zoo game where I draw two Doomguards and a Soulfire to start off. Such anti-value.
"Serves you right!" is the first thought in my mind, lol. I find it hard to feel bad for Zoo players. Even though it's a reasonable deck type. It's just that it's really the deck that tells me that someone doesn't even bother try to build decks.

I'll start building my own decks just as soon as I have enough dust for at least two of Cairne, Sylvannas, The Black Knight, and Rag. So in about 6 months time! Till then it's Zoo all day err day.

Edit: Yep. Tried to play a Shaman deck and ran into a Druid with Cairne, The Black Knight, Big Game Hunter, Ancients of Lore, Cenarius, Faceless Manip. and I gradually fall behind after turn 6. Can only compete on the ladder with Zoo.

Rosenskjold

Just got this deck in arena, so excited about it I barely want to start playing xD My record so far is 7 wins, but I think this deck has potential to top that record.

71zSPrH.png

ViviOggi

I'll start building my own decks just as soon as I have enough dust for at least two of Cairne, Sylvannas, The Black Knight, and Rag. So in about 6 months time! Till then it's Zoo all day err day.

Edit: Yep. Tried to play a Shaman deck and ran into a Druid with Cairne, The Black Knight, Big Game Hunter, Ancients of Lore, Cenarius, Faceless Manip. and I gradually fall behind after turn 6. Can only compete on the ladder with Zoo.
What legendaries does Shaman run consistently though? Al'Akir, Lolthaeb (doesn't really count) and Sylvanas? Sounds more like the Druid drawing all the right answers than you lacking key cards.

CoolOff

What legendaries does Shaman run consistently though? Al'Akir, Lolthaeb (doesn't really count) and Sylvanas? Sounds more like the Druid drawing all the right answers than you lacking key cards.

Thalnos sometimes, especially in the "Zeus"-builds.

Cairne/Rivendare/Kel'Thuzad in various Reincarnate-builds.

Hey everyone, just a general question from a casual player. Does anyone get good enough at this game that they can compete on a competitive level without paying anything? Sometimes it is so disheartening getting my ass wooped by someone with a deck full of rares and legendaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom