• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Started a F2P EU account.

Lvl mage to 10 doing single player.

First match at rank 25 against pally who has Ysera, Sylvanas, Naxx cards, double aldor peace keepers etc...

Fucking no life losers.

Someone starting at 25 even though they have good cards is kind of the opposite of no life, since you can't concede your way to that rank. You can only be 25 by not playing ladder the previous month, and seeing as how it's deep into May, they haven't played this month yet either.

This fucking game matched me up vs the same control warrior twice in a row on ladder. I'm playing Handlock. I hope he enjoyed his free two stars. FUCK.

And I still don't have my free packs. The rage is flowing.

I think the most annoying is coin, unstable portal, van cleef. Is there a worse combo that all happens in one turn in terms of being played the earliest?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Thaurissan dreaaaaam:
lEPvWJH.jpg

manhack

Someone starting at 25 even though they have good cards is kind of the opposite of no life, since you can't concede your way to that rank. You can only be 25 by not playing ladder the previous month, and seeing as how it's deep into May, they haven't played this month yet either.

This fucking game matched me up vs the same control warrior twice in a row on ladder. I'm playing Handlock. I hope he enjoyed his free two stars. FUCK.

And I still don't have my free packs. The rage is flowing.

Handlock should be able to beat control warrior on average

I think the most annoying is coin, unstable portal, van cleef. Is there a worse combo that all happens in one turn in terms of being played the earliest?

Innervating out a boom seems worse to me. Normally with a multicard combo you are fucked if your opponent has an answer.

There is no real answer to that at the best of times.

KuroNeeko

Thank god for maintenance! I can finally get some sleep!

Having a hard time choosing two classes to focus on. I think I like Priest, Druid, Shaman, and maybe Rogue.

I'm having a hard time making rogue work. I hit rank 15 last night, then sank down to 18 with just loss after loss.

Need more gvg, I guess. F2P is so slow....

Daigoro

holy crap i finally got the fireworks sitting by the furnace that you open to fire off on that one board. i must have tapped on that thing 2000 times since the phone app launched.

feels good! lol

Xanathus

Thank god for maintenance! I can finally get some sleep!

Having a hard time choosing two classes to focus on. I think I like Priest, Druid, Shaman, and maybe Rogue.

I'm having a hard time making rogue work. I hit rank 15 last night, then sank down to 18 with just loss after loss.

Need more gvg, I guess. F2P is so slow....

Shaman is supposedly the best class for F2P at the moment because Mech Shaman is alright and only/mostly requires GVG packs.

I have the following legendaries:
Dr.boom
Ragnaros
Sylvanas
Malygus
Alexstrasaza
Hogger
Gormash
Neptouleon
Cenarious
El`Akir
Baron Geddon

What should be my next crafting target?

Dahbomb

I have the following legendaries:
Dr.boom
Ragnaros
Sylvanas
Malygus
Alexstrasaza
Hogger
Gormash
Neptouleon
Cenarious
El`Akir
Baron Geddon

What should be my next crafting target?
What class do you play?

I think Harrison Jones is pretty good now especially with all the Patrons running around. Can't go wrong with Black Knight either.

Tacitus_

Tirion if you ever want to play a paladin deck. Antonidas is nice for some mage decks. Or if you want a neutral meta choice, get a Black Knight or Harrison Jones. Bloodmage Thalnos is pretty good as well.

Kripp just played 3 games in a row where he had whirling zap-o-matic, abusive sergeant, and flametongue totem in his opening hand and dealt 14 damage on turn 2/3 all those games lol. Quickest I've seen somebody go from 8 wins to 11 wins in arena.

Heropon

These free packs have been really nice to me:

Fourth legendary and it isn't bad at all. The other had a Mountain Giant, so I'm one step closer to have a Handlock deck, I just need two more legendaries, more protectors and all that.

After this Shaman is the class which needs less dust to be completed, but Mage is the one with more cards.

Raytow

Isnt midrange hunter considered better in the current meta then face? Allthough I dont think King of Beast is part of a typical Midrange hunter deck anyway.
Oh wait I confused with the other lion card the one that spawns two hyenas.

Tacitus_

lol, coined a knife juggler, no answer. Put down a mech warper, still no answers. mage heropowers juggler down on t3. Put down spider tank and micro machine. BoK micro machine, gg

it is.

this game is weird, some really great looking art and some really terrible stuff. im surprised it has so much poor art for the cards honestly. i find an unusual amount of cards to be pretty ugly.

It can be explained by the fact that there have been more than a few different artists and across even years of artwork since some art was taken directly from wowtcg.

Hearthstone |OT7| Everyone, get in here!

Writes itself.

༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE, GET IN HERE! ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽

Brakara

I honestly wonder what Blizzard's plan was with that card. Its a worse Frostwolf Warlord that comes with taunt.

Although I guess Blizzard has to fill out expansions with shitty cards to keep arena balanced.

The issue of "bad cards" has been a point of discussion for years in TCGs:

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/mr52

In summary:

- By definition, some bad cards have to exist. (The most important reason.)
- Some cards are “bad” because they aren’t meant for you.
- Some cards are “bad” because they’re designed for a less advanced player.
- Some cards are “bad” because the right deck for them doesn’t exist yet.
- “Bad” cards reward the more skilled player.
- Some players enjoy discovering good “bad” cards.
- Some “bad” cards are simply R&D goofing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom