• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm so glad Rogue Mill isn't around anymore. No more ridiculous 30 minute games.

gutshot

JARAXXUS BOYS

j4SwGgAh.jpg

Something I forgot to mention during my deck revision. During a match with a ZooLock, they had a large board like Zoo do. The important minions being Knife Juggler and Haunted Creeper. I had a Cleric on the board and cast Holy Nova. The Nova dealt the damage which spawned the two 1/1s. With 0 health the Juggler threw two knives at my Cleric who then got healed back up to full which allowed me to draw a card.

I find it interesting because I think having it happen like that exactly would require the minions being put down in a certain order.

Something I forgot to mention during my deck revision. During a match with a ZooLock, they had a large board like Zoo do. The important minions being Knife Juggler and Haunted Creeper. I had a Cleric on the board and cast Holy Nova. The Nova dealt the damage which spawned the two 1/1s. With 0 health the Juggler threw two knives at my Cleric who then got healed back up to full which allowed me to draw a card.

I find it interesting because I think having it happen like that exactly would require the minions being put down in a certain order.

Nah, I don't think the order they were played had an effect. The Haunted Creeper dies during the damage phase of Holy Nova and that immediately triggers his deathrattle bringing in the 2 1/1s. Knife Juggler technically has not died yet, so he throws the knives, then the healing phase of Holy Nova starts and heals your Cleric. Knife Juggler will always throw his knives when AOE spells cause minions to come into play. I Flamestruck a board with 2X KJ and 2X Imp Gang Boss the other day, and took 4 knives to the face.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
How do you guys feel about this paladin deck?

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/249393-control-paladin-high-winrate-with-gameplay-video

It has no jugglers, no musters, no quartermasters. Instead it has a bunch of healing and board clears thanks to equality and pyromancer. I switched some cards around (chromaggus instead of nefarian) and i have been having pretty good matches so far but i need to play a lot more to judge it properly.

It's pretty much just standard post-GvG Control paladin, albeit with Muster for Battle and Quartermasters cut. The deck has generally been seen as weaker than Midrange Paladin in a more aggressive meta. The deck has generally been seen as stronger against other Control decks, like Control Warrior especially. I could see how it might be better than Midrange against Grim Patron Warrior.

As to the deck itself, even with Muster cut I don't see why he's playing Acolyte instead of Solemn Vigil. Acolyte always felt like a sub-par draw option. Solemn Vigil is great after a board clear. Nefarian seems a bit weak.

johnsmith

remember me
Why are people saying hybrid is the better hunter deck right now? Seems so slow and shitty compared to regular face. Especially the lack of explosive traps is really stupid.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why are people saying hybrid is the better hunter deck right now? Seems so slow and shitty compared to regular face. Especially the lack of explosive traps is really stupid.

Because everyone is teched to beat Patron Warrior right now, which has the same gameplan as Face Hunter (flood the board, go face), but it's a lot more resilient. What is Face Hunter going to do to Armorsmith + Armorsmith + Whirlwind?

When Handlocks run double Hellfire, Face Hunters enter a world of pain.

johnsmith

remember me
I never see patron warriors. I've seen more traditional than grim patrons. And hellfire is good for face hunter. I never expect my board to live, and 3 damage to the warlock's own face is delicious.

In the casual 5 game for a quest meta, face hunter is so much better it's ridiculous.

Jadax

Get mage in arena YAY!! :D

No flamestrikes (OK np happens bruh)
No fireballs (Hmm no worries)
No frostbolts (...Really rng)
No legendaries (FML)
No board clear (FCK HS, FCK Blizz)

I didn't even go back to trying this deck - going to let it sit there for a while.

Heropon

Get mage in arena YAY!! :D

No flamestrikes (OK np happens bruh)
No fireballs (Hmm no worries)
No frostbolts (...Really rng)
No legendaries (FML)
No board clear (FCK HS, FCK Blizz)

I didn't even go back to trying this deck - going to let it sit there for a while.

If your minions are good you can do pretty well even without that. I know because I complained about it the other day and then I ended 10-3.

clav

Should a new player even attempt Arena with 125 gold or just get packs with 100 gold?

A new player who is willing to buy lots of packs with money or a new player who doesn't want to spend money?

If you are the later, then yes, attempt arena because you'll find ladder frustrating without a certain set of legendary cards unless you play Face Hunter or Freeze Mage with Antonidas.

Hafu suggests HearthArena as a good draft tool for newbies. Alternatively, you can ask us.

I've only played the game for 3-4 months now, and Arena card drafting is usually about tempo (i.e. making effective trades by keeping you in control of the game). Sometimes you can get a constructed deck that should get you 12 wins, but chances like those are rare.

Jadax

If your minions are good you can do pretty well even without that. I know because I complained about it the other day and then I ended 10-3.
I ended up doing badly, 3-3, lost to a rogue due to misplay, a shammy who somehow had the board full with his creeps after turn 5, and finally a mage who just had 2x flamestrikes to take out all my mechs.

Shit happens, but still, below 5 wins hurts :(

Joco

Arena is so frustrating. I just want to get 12 wins to prove to myself I can do it and then never again. Is that too much to ask Blizz?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty much just standard post-GvG Control paladin, albeit with Muster for Battle and Quartermasters cut. The deck has generally been seen as weaker than Midrange Paladin in a more aggressive meta. The deck has generally been seen as stronger against other Control decks, like Control Warrior especially. I could see how it might be better than Midrange against Grim Patron Warrior.

As to the deck itself, even with Muster cut I don't see why he's playing Acolyte instead of Solemn Vigil. Acolyte always felt like a sub-par draw option. Solemn Vigil is great after a board clear. Nefarian seems a bit weak.

It's interesting that you mention that the deck is strong vs grim patron warrior because yesterday i did beat two with this deck but i've been struggling a slot vs aggro recently even with all the healing and board clears. Solemn Vigil is probably better than acolyte since it's guaranteed to get you two cards unlike acolyte. I think i'm gonna change into a more standard mid range paladin with more anti aggro cards.

Duster

Seems about right. I thought I drafted a good Paladin deck (has three consecrates, two true silver champions, and Deathwing) but I'm 3-2 right now. It's almost sad.

You sound like me, I had a good mage deck and only won three games, I lost the last because I forgot duplicate doesn't work on my turn despite what the card text says, I thought I'd get an army of windrunners.

That said I think I three strong Paladin decks out of six and two weaker ones so I was unlucky in that regard.

tylerf

Just lived the double Sabotage dream in arena. First a 5/2 upgraded Death's Bite and then a 6 durability Gorehowl with a minion each time. Good thing I faced the only person who picked Warrior.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

HUCK FUNTERS! Seriously as paladin they are the bane of my existence, if i don't get my zombie chow in the first few turns it's game over. Also it really hurts not knowing when you can flood the board because if you do you either get explosived or hounded, shit sucks even with al the healing i have in my deck right now.

Just drafted the worst deck humanly possible. They gave me no good choices at all. They kept forcing me to pick Force Tank Max. I have 3 of them. Unbelievable. Paladin BTW.

Santiako

I started playing this yesterday, it's pretty fun! I miss magic so I can see myself having my fix with this.

I opened a Tirion Fordring from my first free pack, I googled it and it turns out to be quite good. Should I build my first deck around it? I've been playing mage so far.

I started playing this yesterday, it's pretty fun! I miss magic so I can see myself having my fix with this.

I opened a Tirion Fordring from my first free pack, I googled it and it turns out to be quite good. Should I build my first deck around it? I've been playing mage so far.

If you just started playing and you unpacked something great like Tirion, you should probably play Paladin.

bodine1231

Amazon is having their 30% more coins deal again. If your thinking about buying packs its pretty much the best time at ~.84 per pack. I'm thing about buying another 200 packs but it would be just for dust towards my gold set. (probably not,spent way to much already).

Nah, I don't think the order they were played had an effect. The Haunted Creeper dies during the damage phase of Holy Nova and that immediately triggers his deathrattle bringing in the 2 1/1s. Knife Juggler technically has not died yet, so he throws the knives, then the healing phase of Holy Nova starts and heals your Cleric. Knife Juggler will always throw his knives when AOE spells cause minions to come into play. I Flamestruck a board with 2X KJ and 2X Imp Gang Boss the other day, and took 4 knives to the face.
Cool, thanks for the clarification. Important things to remember.

Joco

Goddamn. It's official, I suck at Arena. Drafted a Paladin deck that included an Aldor Peacekeeper, two Truesilver's, two Consecrations, Onyxia and goddamn Tirion Fordring. 5 wins was all I could manage.

I better stop for tonight, I'm feeling on tilt.

Goddamn. It's official, I suck at Arena. Drafted a Paladin deck that included an Aldor Peacekeeper, two Truesilver's, two Consecrations, Onyxia and goddamn Tirion Fordring. 5 wins was all I could manage.

I better stop for tonight, I'm feeling on tilt.

I feel like I always do sub-par when I draft legendary cards tbh. Usually it is the other 28-29 cards that matter more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom